Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #2326
Livvys
Mouseketeer

Oh and just to add... I'm not eating my activity points...I just love seeing them add up lol
Livvys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #2327
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvys View Post
Hi all!! I just started WW two weeks ago.. Today I start my 3rd week. I weighed in this am and I'm down three total (yay?), but I'm disappointed. I'm being so careful and on top of things I started running again. I ran 24 miles the past two weeks at a 12/min mile... Isn't three pounds not so much? I'm trying to tell myself that it's a loss and be proud, but I can't help being disappointed. I know this is not an overnight process-- it's just frustrating. Lol.
I started 3 weeks ago as well. I had a huge loss my first week (11lbs) and last week had a small loss (.8). But last week I started to exercise. I was disappointed with such a small loss. DH reminded me that WW was built to lose slowly for 1 and that I was likely building some muscle for 2. As long as its a negative on the scale and not a positive, I'm a happy girl! Good luck to you and great job on those 3lbs gone!

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #2328
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

Week 3 update:

Lost 1.8lbs for a total weight loss of 13.6.

What worked this week:
Exercise! I set a goal for myself of doing some type of movement at least 5 days this week and adding a second workout 2-3 days. I met my goal! Sunday we took a family walk. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday I did a workout video and rode the stationary bike. Wednesday I just did the stationary bike. No exercise on Fri or Sat.

What didn't work this week:
Food...again. I felt a little less in control this week. My cousins birthday was Wednesday and I had a huge piece of cake and 2 scoops of ice cream ( although I counted and planned for it). I felt like having that just sent me over the edge a bit. My aunt sent cake home for DH and DSSs and I ended up eating a piece (once again accounting for it). I also hit the snack machine at work one afternoon. I made a good choice (Smartfood popcorn) but I wasn't hungry and there was no reason I needed that snack. I also had a hard time again eating all of my points on some days so I need to work on that.

Goal for this week:
Continue the double exercise for 5 days this week. Plan my days food out the night before or morning of. Eating more frequently to work on eating all of my points.

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #2329
Livvys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_Rides View Post

I started 3 weeks ago as well. I had a huge loss my first week (11lbs) and last week had a small loss (.8). But last week I started to exercise. I was disappointed with such a small loss. DH reminded me that WW was built to lose slowly for 1 and that I was likely building some muscle for 2. As long as its a negative on the scale and not a positive, I'm a happy girl! Good luck to you and great job on those 3lbs gone!
Great job!!! Sounds like you have a good grasp on your strengths and weaknesses. Keep up the awesome work and good luck with your exercise goals-- u are doing awesome!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #2330
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_Rides View Post
Every time I change or increase my activity, I lose less, maintain, or gain a bit. Totally normal for many of us.

And after that very big first week loss, it makes a lot of sense to have a smaller one. Would have made sense to maintain or even gain just a bit, too.

I"m not one to say "women don't gain that much muscle", because I *DO*, and at the Y I'm becoming friends with other naturally muscular women who probably weigh far more than one would think because of that muscle, but in two weeks, you're just getting started with muscle.

It's far more likely, at this point, that your muscles are starting the process of getting stronger, and muscle uses water to help heal them; that water is in the muscle fiber cells, which is water weight. Totally and completely normal to hold on to extra water during that muscle healing process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvys View Post
Hi all!! I just started WW two weeks ago.. Today I start my 3rd week. I weighed in this am and I'm down three total (yay?), but I'm disappointed. I'm being so careful and on top of things I started running again. I ran 24 miles the past two weeks at a 12/min mile... Isn't three pounds not so much? I'm trying to tell myself that it's a loss and be proud, but I can't help being disappointed. I know this is not an overnight process-- it's just frustrating. Lol.
See what I said above..

3 total is awesome! We need to expect an AVERAGE of .5-2 lbs per week. That's an average. Some people will lose slower, some will lose faster. I bet that most of us do both, over the time we're in the losing process. Many men will lose faster, many women will lose slower. etc. We just need to stick with the plan and see what our own tendencies are.

Update on DH: he's lost 3 pounds since we got home yesterday. Silly water retention. It's ankle-bone-watch 2013 for both of us, as we undo our weekend.

Editing to add: DH is now 6 pounds down since getting home yesterday. Wowza.

ETA again: he's now 7 lbs down. He's happier, but highly disturbed that he can put on that much water in 3 days of forgetting his diuretic.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 07-08-2013 at 01:08 AM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #2331
Livvys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

3 total is awesome! We need to expect an AVERAGE of .5-2 lbs per week. That's an average. Some people will lose slower, some will lose faster. I bet that most of us do both, over the time we're in the losing process. Many men will lose faster, many women will lose slower. etc. We just need to stick with the plan and see what our own tendencies are.

Update on DH: he's lost 3 pounds since we got home yesterday. Silly water retention. It's ankle-bone-watch 2013 for both of us, as we undo our weekend.
Thanks!!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #2332
jpmom97
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! So happy I found this thread! I just joined WW yesterday! Today I think I did ok, I stayed with in my points, didn't use any extra. I also walked so I got activity points. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. My daughter and I are going to Disney World in June next year, the heat really bothers me here in PA, so I know it will be worse in Fl! Hopefully losing this weight will help me feel better. I have been carrying it around too long. Hope for some support and tips!
jpmom97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #2333
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmom97 View Post
Hi everyone! So happy I found this thread! I just joined WW yesterday! Today I think I did ok, I stayed with in my points, didn't use any extra. I also walked so I got activity points. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. My daughter and I are going to Disney World in June next year, the heat really bothers me here in PA, so I know it will be worse in Fl! Hopefully losing this weight will help me feel better. I have been carrying it around too long. Hope for some support and tips!
Welcome!

Be sure to read your materials; there's a lot packed into those booklets (or places on the website if you didn't join meetings)! Things like the Good Health Guidelines, talking about Weekly and Activity points, etc. Good stuff!

The heat is SO much easier to deal with with less weight. I can strongly attest to that. It just makes everything you do easier, from walking to standing to tying shoes, etc.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #2334
Livvys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmom97
Welcome and best wishes to you on your journey!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #2335
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

DH had his regular sleep apnea appointment today and found out he's lost over 50 lbs since he got the machine. He got the machine a bit before joining WW, and lost around 7 lbs almost immediately after getting the machine. (oxygen while sleeping helps, it seems) Sure made him feel good!

And he has lost 7 lbs since the last time he was there, about 2 months ago. He's been feeling really bummed about his progress, as he is definitely on the sllloooooowwwww losing track, but having these appointments show him that he is, no matter how slowly, still losing.

He's definitely loving WW right now.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #2336
StayCool
DIS Veteran

We finally got another battery for our scale and I was able to see my actual weight this morning. I like having a digital scale but it definitely has it's drawbacks. I knew my weight was going to be up, but I still haven't gained all that I lost last year, so I'm taking that as a positive thing.

I'm trying to get back in the groove but I'm struggling with sides for dinner. I love vegetables but am bored with the same old things every night and so is my family. I used to make lots of pasta/macaroni salads but have been avoiding pasta. I get my fruit in during the day. Any suggestions for how to spruce up the flavor?

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #2337
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Hi! I'm new to this thread. I just rejoined WW today. I have had success in the past with the program. The only problem is that we are going on vacation on Friday. I am 20 lbs overweight and I have a suspected fatty liver and high cholesterol. I don't want to gain weight on vacation, hence the terrible timing. lol We will be going to the West Coast and spending a few days at DL. Can anyone point me in the direction of using WW at DL? If anyone has counted points at DL, I would be grateful for any advice or suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #2338
NC State
DIS Veteran

No lost at WI last night. I will take that over a gain.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #2339
disneychick0412
DIS Veteran

Tonight is my first weigh in! I'm so nervous!! I've never been this nervous about weighing. (In all my times doing Weight Watchers previously)
I think it's because I'm so desperate to get my quality of life back!!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #2340
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I had a shocking gain this week -- 5.4 lbs! Add that to .6 last week. I am back to just 80 off instead of 87. I am figuring that these past two months (since mid-May) are my plateau and I just need to keep on keeping on.

We were in WV last week so I did expect a bit of a gain. But dh wasn't able to do the amount of hiking I had planned to do, so less activity than I had hoped. I did do two nice early morning walks alone, even encountered a skunk on one, lol.

I did have a NSV in WV that I am very excited about. We took the path to Blackwater Falls. It is 214 steps down -- and of course that means 214 steps back up. There are three rest areas and during every trip over the last 30 years, I have hit those rest areas. This time, I went straight from the bottom to the top with no break! Dh was amazed. But I think I was even more amazed!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: