Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #2311
wide awake
Nuts are good
I think vacation planning is the best therapy in the world
I do have cute tennis shoes

Does anyone do the Simply Filling plan? I have 25 pounds to lose and think that will work best for me.
wide awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #2312
Conway733
DIS Veteran

Bumbershoot, that is great! Can I ask, what size did you start at? Being in a single digit size is a dream of mind, so it is exciting to hear that it can happen!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #2313
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway733 View Post
Bumbershoot, that is great! Can I ask, what size did you start at? Being in a single digit size is a dream of mind, so it is exciting to hear that it can happen!
I'm 5'3" and was squeezed tight into a 20W in JCP sizes, and a 20 in Old Navy khakis. I thought the khakis fit (those were the "perfect fit" ones before they put stretch in them) but my thighs were rubbing together so badly they actually split in the thigh seams entirely after a week at Disneyland, while on the plane out to Orlando (bi-coastal trip), and I had to throw them away.

I was in XL shirts mainly, though I had a polo type that was 2X. Now that I think about it, I was stuffed into some of the XLs. (the frowny face is not at the size, but at how I was jamming myself into them, without realizing I should do something about it OR go up a size...I dressed really really terribly for several years, out of denial and self-loathing, and it makes me sad I was so awful to myself)

I'm medium currently. What's left of my tummy is keeping me from being comfy going lower than that. 40DD at the start and now I'm 38 C but actually I think I'm 36C at this exact moment. The clothing-replacement budget is hard enough without including the regular bra purchases; remeasuring and buying smaller bras that fit perfectly is going to have to wait.

I wore my new shorts today and didn't think they would go on as I put my foot in, but they were just fine. Still stunned.

I keep saying it's like magic. I had to figure out what worked best for me and then I just kept going. Had my first gain fairly early on, survived it, kept on going. (gains still make me wince, but you just deal and keep on going) I weigh all my food that can be weighed; only oils and beverages including half/half get measured. I'm careful. I jog now. I do strength training now. I've been doing WW since Feb 2012.*

Hardly magic when you lay it all out like that.

But still, seems like magic. And it can work for you, too.

*(well, I don't track when at Disneyland/world/Universal, but the things I want to eat are very very different than what I used to want, and the amount I can eat has changed dramatically)

Last edited by bumbershoot; 07-03-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: clarified something
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #2314
NC State
DIS Veteran

WOW that's great, thank you for sharing. When I started March 2011, I was in a 16/18W and now I'm in 10/12 sizes. Still not at my goal but I'm not giving up.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #2315
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

I just rejoined (again....). I say the 2,746th time is a charm. I had a baby in early December. I need to lose about 80 pounds total. I am hoping to stay motivated by reading what you all are doing and eating. I've done WW many times before. I have lost lots of weight on it before. This time, I really need to lose this weight. I am heavier than I have ever been.

I would love to set a mini goal of 15 pounds before my trip in September. I have a lot to lost, so hopefully it's feasible!

Bumbershoot...You are an inspiration!! Amazing progress!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #2316
disneychick0412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
I just rejoined (again....). I say the 2,746th time is a charm. I had a baby in early December. I need to lose about 80 pounds total. I am hoping to stay motivated by reading what you all are doing and eating. I've done WW many times before. I have lost lots of weight on it before. This time, I really need to lose this weight. I am heavier than I have ever been.

I would love to set a mini goal of 15 pounds before my trip in September. I have a lot to lost, so hopefully it's feasible!

Hi!! My goal is to be below 300 by my trip in November. I'm at 333, and since I have so much to lose I think that's reasonable.

Reading about people who have been successful is very motivating for me, so I'm excited to be on this thread. I want to be one of those successful people too!!!

I started last Thursday, and we don't have a meeting this week because of the holiday. So I will be going 2 weeks between weigh-in's. Hopefully that will mean a good result on the scale! I haven't been perfect, but I've done much better than I normally would have. At my first meeting, the leader said "You don't have to be perfect to do Weight Watchers". That has been stuck in my head all week!!!

Oh, and Daisy.....I have done Weight Watchers probably 2,000 times myself!

disneychick0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #2317
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
WOW that's great, thank you for sharing. When I started March 2011, I was in a 16/18W and now I'm in 10/12 sizes. Still not at my goal but I'm not giving up.
Thanks!

Yay for not giving up! Just think; however long you've held steady at a 10/12, that's maintaining! Once you hit your goal you'll be a pro at maintaining already! And I mean that for real; maintaining is better than going back to where you started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post

Aw, thanks!

15 pounds sounds decent. Just read the materials over and over. I had only doing WW three times, with enough time in between to know there were changes and I should read the materials, and it still took me a matter of weeks to actually do it. Amazing the info they give you in those glossy pages. Plan things out and do it!

When my son was teensy I had rock-hard arms from carrying him all the time. I highly recommend that arm workout. He turned 2 and didn't want to be in arms as much, and not only did I lose the arms, but I started gaining again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychick0412 View Post
I started last Thursday, and we don't have a meeting this week because of the holiday. So I will be going 2 weeks between weigh-in's. Hopefully that will mean a good result on the scale!
There's no Friday or Saturday weighin? Oh I would not enjoy that! But you're right...it should mean good things on the scale next week.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #2318
disneychick0412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

There's no Friday or Saturday weighin? Oh I would not enjoy that! But you're right...it should mean good things on the scale next week.
I wish there was a Friday or Saturday weigh in! In my town there are 2 meetings on Thursday, 9:30am and 5:30am. I only have to drive about 2 or 3 miles to get to it. There is a Saturday morning meeting about 30 minutes away, but it's at 8:30am, and I really don't want to go to that one.

disneychick0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #2319
NC State
DIS Veteran

I lost 1.4 this week! I think using myfitnesspal.com helped me stay on track. I was more aware of my calories and sugar in take. So that brings me to to a total of 41 lbs lost!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #2320
Conway733
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I'm 5'3" and was squeezed tight into a 20W in JCP sizes, and a 20 in Old Navy khakis. I thought the khakis fit (those were the "perfect fit" ones before they put stretch in them) but my thighs were rubbing together so badly they actually split in the thigh seams entirely after a week at Disneyland, while on the plane out to Orlando (bi-coastal trip), and I had to throw them away.

I was in XL shirts mainly, though I had a polo type that was 2X. Now that I think about it, I was stuffed into some of the XLs. (the frowny face is not at the size, but at how I was jamming myself into them, without realizing I should do something about it OR go up a size...I dressed really really terribly for several years, out of denial and self-loathing, and it makes me sad I was so awful to myself)

I'm medium currently. What's left of my tummy is keeping me from being comfy going lower than that. 40DD at the start and now I'm 38 C but actually I think I'm 36C at this exact moment. The clothing-replacement budget is hard enough without including the regular bra purchases; remeasuring and buying smaller bras that fit perfectly is going to have to wait.

I wore my new shorts today and didn't think they would go on as I put my foot in, but they were just fine. Still stunned.

I keep saying it's like magic. I had to figure out what worked best for me and then I just kept going. Had my first gain fairly early on, survived it, kept on going. (gains still make me wince, but you just deal and keep on going) I weigh all my food that can be weighed; only oils and beverages including half/half get measured. I'm careful. I jog now. I do strength training now. I've been doing WW since Feb 2012.*

Hardly magic when you lay it all out like that.

But still, seems like magic. And it can work for you, too.

*(well, I don't track when at Disneyland/world/Universal, but the things I want to eat are very very different than what I used to want, and the amount I can eat has changed dramatically)
Wow! Inspirational for sure! I stared WW because by 20W sized pants were getting too tight, and I refused to go up another size (since I've been going up sizes seemingly forever). I like hearing your story - thanks for that! Happily, a few weeks in, the pants aren't as tight for me now. Off to a baseball game and fireworks for the evening. Happy 4th, everyone!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #2321
StayCool
Mouseketeer

trying again...

Ok, so I'm going to try to started AGAIN. I've been thinking about it for months and that's as far as it goes. Other than making excuses anyway. Last year I lost 27 lbs before fall set in and school started back up. Now I have graduated and will be starting a new job in August. Theoretically I should have more time. Either way I need to just step up and do it. Beginning is always more difficult for me due to the planning stages. I'm definitely a convenience kind of gal. It will be tough, but I just need to start.

StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #2322
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychick0412 View Post
I wish there was a Friday or Saturday weigh in! In my town there are 2 meetings on Thursday, 9:30am and 5:30am. I only have to drive about 2 or 3 miles to get to it. There is a Saturday morning meeting about 30 minutes away, but it's at 8:30am, and I really don't want to go to that one.
Ick, that is early. We decided to run away to Vancouver BC yesterday, so we'll have a 9:30 weighin instead of our normal 10:30. Not enjoying that idea much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
I lost 1.4 this week! I think using myfitnesspal.com helped me stay on track. I was more aware of my calories and sugar in take. So that brings me to to a total of 41 lbs lost!
Woo!

Quote:
Wow! Inspirational for sure! I stared WW because by 20W sized pants were getting too tight, and I refused to go up another size (since I've been going up sizes seemingly forever). I like hearing your story - thanks for that! Happily, a few weeks in, the pants aren't as tight for me now. Off to a baseball game and fireworks for the evening. Happy 4th, everyone!
Thanks! Just today I was looking at my legs in my cute new "boyfriend jeans" from Old Navy and I nearly started to cry because my legs look SO different. I have pointy knees. It's been a LONG time since I had pointy knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
Ok, so I'm going to try to started AGAIN. I've been thinking about it for months and that's as far as it goes. Other than making excuses anyway. Last year I lost 27 lbs before fall set in and school started back up. Now I have graduated and will be starting a new job in August. Theoretically I should have more time. Either way I need to just step up and do it. Beginning is always more difficult for me due to the planning stages. I'm definitely a convenience kind of gal. It will be tough, but I just need to start.
Yay! Welcome back to WW!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #2323
Conway733
DIS Veteran

Well, it is hot as heck here, and this is the day I decide DH and I need to go walking. I'm glad I got some exercise though, and I earned 3 activity points. Wow, it is hot out!! And, since I'm doing WW online, I don't have the nice books to read with all the tips and instructions...but should I really eat my activity points? Seems strange.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #2324
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And, since I'm doing WW online, I don't have the nice books to read with all the tips and instructions...but should I really eat my activity points? Seems strange.
There's no real *should*, it's just based on what you want to do and what works for you.

People with more time and brain cells than I have found the algorithms for the PointsPlus calculations, and at the very very very heart of things, the really basic "in a pinch if you have absolutely no other info whatsoever" calories-per-point calcuation is approximately 40 calories per PP. For Activity Points, it works out to 80 calories BURNED per PP you eat. So you burn 80 calories for one AP, and get to eat 40 calories for that one AP.

Make sense? You're still at a deficit; just not as much of one.

For me, since I do things like jogging, eating the APs (so funny to say "eating APs" on a Disney board) is the difference between fainting and not fainting. The difference between a strong workout and a "meh" workout.

My husband does NOT eat APs; he just likes to know what he's earning.

It's just up to what you want to do and, once you try (if you try) IF it works for you.

We probably should have skipped WI today. On the 4th at about 1pm we decided to run away to Vancouver BC. Where we proceeded to eat crepes and street vendor veggie -dogs, and not eat enough fruits and veggies, and not drink enough water. And walk and walk and walk and walk some more. (who goes to Vancouver and comes home sunburned? ME, that's who. Ugh.)

Water retention and extra food in the belly resulted in a nearly 4 pound rise on the scale for me at the Vancouver meeting we went to. I just had to laugh at myself. I had to reassure the WW employee that it was OK. Poor hubby, he forgot his diuretic (a prescription which he normally takes for other reasons) and he can retain water like no one else, and he had a WAY worse weigh-in. Poor guy. Took him about 7 hours to get over it emotionally. "it's just water, it's just water, it's just water, the body cannot make that much fat inside of ONE week, it's just water, it's just water...."

Probably better if we'd just skipped the WI.

Then again, I got a good laugh over me being 3.6 lbs up.

Having HOME dinner today felt good, I'll say that!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 07-07-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #2325
Livvys
Mouseketeer

Hi all!! I just started WW two weeks ago.. Today I start my 3rd week. I weighed in this am and I'm down three total (yay?), but I'm disappointed. I'm being so careful and on top of things I started running again. I ran 24 miles the past two weeks at a 12/min mile... Isn't three pounds not so much? I'm trying to tell myself that it's a loss and be proud, but I can't help being disappointed. I know this is not an overnight process-- it's just frustrating. Lol.
Livvys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: