Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #2251
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

I'm up about 2 pounds this week.
I haven't really been tracking very well and I have the worst of all colds so I haven't been working out either

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #2252
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Sorry for some unpleasing results pwdebbie and tarameow. Tara, I had a dreadful cold a few weeks ago, and was up a lb the following week—no exercise, no focus. It’s gone now (the pound, and the cold). Don’t be too hard on yourself, and take care of yourself. BUT get tracking! I am a tracking fiend I have to say—if I’m not tracking I don’t feel like I’m “getting my money’s worth”. So do it, girl! Pwdebbie, I am still impressed that you did so well post-vacation. Don’t forget about that, that was amazing that you got back in line so fast.

Down 1.1 this week for a total of 28.1. Woohoo! Slow and steady right? I really want to be 6 lbs less than I am right now when we go on vacation in [checks her countdown app] 51 days. I dunno if I’m going to make it. The good news is this is my third week working in an office all day (was WFH for about a year and a half, plus 6 mos of looking for work). And I am down 1.1, so I feel like I’m on track.

I solved my “sitting physically bored, with the munchies” all day problem, at least for now. I got myself a big honking water bottle that I am keeping filled, and some “toys” for the office Keurig coffee machine. I got a couple of those reusable k-cup baskets, so I can have coffee or tea. (I really hate the amount of garbage the single-use pods create and I’m also too damn cheap to pay for them!) I just use a little milk in my coffee or tea, so I’m keeping myself hydrated AND amused. Keeps me feeling full too. I do bring a few 2 pt snacks every day, usually a 2 pt bar, a yogurt or Jello pudding, or Pop Chips.

Oh, here’s an NSV. I am buttoning up shirts and sweaters! I usually wear a t shirt or tank under a dressier shirt, cardigan or hoodie, and for years now, I just leave the top layer unbuttoned. I guess it stopped me from buying new tops as I “grew”. This week I buttoned up a pretty new cardigan I had for my day at work. And today I’ve got my crisp blue blouse buttoned over top of my white t. It’s weird, it’s like I forgot what buttons were for! AND I bought 3 new “bottoms” this week, two pairs of shorts and a pair of black dress pants—all in size 12. I started at an 18/1X in Feb. Some brands are bigger than others, and I still have some 16s in my closet that don’t fit right even now, but there are a lot of 12’s. I seem to have skipped right over 14, both up and down! (I haven’t actually bought much, I kept my range of different sizes and have been “ungrowing” into them.)

I think I'm going to give myself a badge or two for today...

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #2253
r3ngels
I am a bit odd! But in a cute way
Wants a piece of "Mickey Cake"
...for I am "The Keeper!"
Doesn't look good in uniforms

Hi Guys, I am new to this thread
I have done WW in the past and went back today. I had a huge amount of success with it. Some of my weight came back so enough is enough... I figured I need all the help and motivation I can get so I am subscribing to this thread. I am very excited to be back in control of my weight loss journey!!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #2254
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

I guess I should catch up some more, didn't realize how much I'd missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway733 View Post
Ok, so, I did it. I joined. And I survived the first week, and lost 4 pounds. I have a lot more to lose, but this is actually working for now. Need to get motivated to exercise.
and good start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
I don't usally go to the gym on the weekends but I did today and I'm glad I did. It felt so good when I got home to know I did something great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshireqt View Post
My name is Kristin and I joined Weight Watchers last Tuesday. So far it has been great. I really like the point system and am motivated to get back into a jogging routine. Have run 20 minutes on four days now.
Good going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygirl17 View Post
It sounds like everyone is moving in the right direction! I had a really rough, emotionally stressful week last week and I knew I gained. I went through this train of thought Saturday morning... I could sleep in and skip my 8 o'clock meeting, then... okay I'll go... but not weigh in, and then when I got there I decided that I weigh what I weigh and not getting on the scale isn't going to change that. so I weighed in. I was up 2. I stayed for the meeting which I always enjoy and I'm back on track.
WTG! I hope you've got more info or a plan about dealing iwth your ankle now? My knee is giving me serious grief and I need to do the same, get myself to my doc and figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedisnut View Post
Hi!!!
Haven't posted in awhile, but I have now loss 44lbs

My Disney Vacation has been moved from Dec to the middle of Nov---Can't wait---my goal is to walk without pain and have more stamina, instead of the actually lbs I have lost!!!

I have been on WW for quite awhile---my message is DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!
Thanks for coming by to tell us that, WTG on the kick-start. I find your numbers really inspiring.

Molly, really proud of you to hear you are so close to goal. We will be here to share it with you! You have really persevered. Ha! You've lost a whole person! (A juvenile, but a person nonetheless!) Good strategy on your dh's part, and glad to hear he's seeing progress.

Did I catch everybody? Keep it up, folks, and keep talking! Even when I don't have a chance to post, I am reading, commiserating and cheering. It's good for me to know you are all hear, facign the same things.

1st trip May/June 06
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

Old 06-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #2255
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

And to you too, Lisa! Second time around for me, too.

1st trip May/June 06

Old 06-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #2256
TillyDe
Mouseketeer

New to Thread but not WW

I have made Lifetime twice. So, I am not new to the program. I know it works. I just have to stick to it.

Last month, my doctor told me I have to exercise more and get this weight off. I have put it off.

Last week, I got everything together to get started. Then discovered my calculator did not work anymore. So, I went on line and not only ordered that but all the new books, etc. Package deal.

I do better if I start at the first of the week. So, Sunday is my day one.

At this time, I can not attend the meetings. I know it helps. Hopefully, I will be able to in a few months.

My biggest motivation is my 18 month old grandson. I want to see him grown. So, this is a health issue for me.

Plus, I want to take my little Bryan to Disney when he is 5 (if not before then).

So, I am hoping this message board can keep be motivated.

Thanks.

Debbie
TillyDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #2257
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quick check in from today. I'm up .2, but totally happy with it. I had a rough couple of weeks on the program and I was pleasantly surprised that it was only .2. I tracked and weighed the last couple of days so I'm hoping to keep up the good work.

I was a little peeved today at the McDonalds next to the WW office. I get a large coffee with one cream and the oatmeal without sugar (if I don't bring my own breakfast to the meeting). The ditzy employee asked me "Did you want 2 creams?" No, just one. And THEN he used the sugared oatmeal and cost me an extra point. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that he used the sugar oatmeal until I was at my meeting and frankly the I like the taste of the unsugared oatmeal a lot more. I looked at my receipt and it didn't say "w/o brown sugar" so the ditz entered in in wrong. AND he was SLOW!!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #2258
r3ngels
I am a bit odd! But in a cute way
Wants a piece of "Mickey Cake"
...for I am "The Keeper!"
Doesn't look good in uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
And to you too, Lisa! Second time around for me, too.
Thanks!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #2259
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Oh, here’s an NSV. I am buttoning up shirts and sweaters! I usually wear a t shirt or tank under a dressier shirt, cardigan or hoodie, and for years now, I just leave the top layer unbuttoned. I guess it stopped me from buying new tops as I “grew”. This week I buttoned up a pretty new cardigan I had for my day at work. And today I’ve got my crisp blue blouse buttoned over top of my white t. It’s weird, it’s like I forgot what buttons were for! AND I bought 3 new “bottoms” this week, two pairs of shorts and a pair of black dress pants—all in size 12. I started at an 18/1X in Feb. Some brands are bigger than others, and I still have some 16s in my closet that don’t fit right even now, but there are a lot of 12’s. I seem to have skipped right over 14, both up and down! (I haven’t actually bought much, I kept my range of different sizes and have been “ungrowing” into them.)

I think I'm going to give myself a badge or two for today...
You deserve those badges! Isn't it great to wear button up shirts and not be afraid of what might pop open? Good job!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #2260
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Something I disvoered the other day. Store-bought cake just isn't worth it for me! I take the full tracker hit for it, 14 points, and it's just not that good. I'd rather have a lemon loaf with icing from Starbucks and a 2% latte for that many points.

And then all I wanted the next day was sugar sugar gimme more sugar. Ugh!

Now, I'm no stranger to desserts; I didn't eliminate my sweet tooth, but ick at the typical store bakery stuff for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post

I was a little peeved today at the McDonalds next to the WW office. I get a large coffee with one cream and the oatmeal without sugar (if I don't bring my own breakfast to the meeting). The ditzy employee asked me "Did you want 2 creams?" No, just one. And THEN he used the sugared oatmeal and cost me an extra point. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that he used the sugar oatmeal until I was at my meeting and frankly the I like the taste of the unsugared oatmeal a lot more. I looked at my receipt and it didn't say "w/o brown sugar" so the ditz entered in in wrong. AND he was SLOW!!
Oh I hate when a random food service person messes up my day's points! Even if it's only 1 point. The Starbucks person put the wrong topping packet in with my oatmeal order, and by the time I realized it it was already mixed in. Turns out the packet for the original oatmeal is a full point more than the nuts fruits seed medley packet for the "hearty blueberry oatmeal".

Just between you and me, the wrong packet really MADE my oatmeal, like ooh so good, but, you know, a point is a point is a point.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 06-22-2013 at 07:18 PM.
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #2261
Abby Wednesday
Mouseketeer

Weigh-in day change

I was down another 2.2 this week. I'm only 9lbs away from a BMI in the healthy range. I'm feeling great!

My weigh in will change next week from Monday to Friday, so I'm trying to be good about tracking due to the gap between weigh-ins.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Abby Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #2262
Conway733
DIS Veteran

Everyone seems to be doing well! The post about the mcd's employee messing up the food order sort of reminded me of what happened today. Went to Chick Fil A for lunch and had the Chargrilled chicken sandwich for what I thought was 7 points, but, no, it was 8, and the sauce packet added 2, so 10 really. And the employee really did nothing wrong, it was just that the WW site had the wrong points listed. Oh well. It was a good sandwich. Just would rather not use that many points for lunch. And, I lost 2 pounds this week, so that's a positive.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #2263
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Wednesday View Post
I was down another 2.2 this week. I'm only 9lbs away from a BMI in the healthy range. I'm feeling great!

My weigh in will change next week from Monday to Friday, so I'm trying to be good about tracking due to the gap between weigh-ins.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Congrats!

Assuming tracking goes well, you'll probably have a lovely weighin on your first Friday. That's always way more fun than decreasing the number of days between WIs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway733 View Post
And, I lost 2 pounds this week, so that's a positive.
Congrats!

I maintained this week. And for almost the first time actually left APs on the table. I wanted to eat them, but I just wasn't hungry enough last night. I feel a sense of mourning for those uneaten points, LOL.
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #2264
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

Hello all! My name is Holly. I joined WW online last week. We had been on vacation the week before and after seeing myself in pictures I was just overwhelming sad with the way I looked. So DH and I had a nice long talk about our health and decided we were the only ones who had control over it and we decided we NEED to do this! We made a goal to lose 100lbs by our 40th birthdays, which are just over 2 years away.

So I had my first weigh in today and I lost 11lbs this week! I'm super happy about it but also realistic that my loss is a big first week number. We ate really well this week and I feel so good about it. This week our plan is to incorporate exercise. DH was down 15lbs!

I look forward to sharing my journey with you!

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #2265
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_Rides View Post
Hello all! My name is Holly. I joined WW online last week. We had been on vacation the week before and after seeing myself in pictures I was just overwhelming sad with the way I looked. So DH and I had a nice long talk about our health and decided we were the only ones who had control over it and we decided we NEED to do this! We made a goal to lose 100lbs by our 40th birthdays, which are just over 2 years away.

So I had my first weigh in today and I lost 11lbs this week! I'm super happy about it but also realistic that my loss is a big first week number. We ate really well this week and I feel so good about it. This week our plan is to incorporate exercise. DH was down 15lbs!

I look forward to sharing my journey with you!
Congratulations! That is a great start.

I didn't go to my meeting yesterday. I was just too tired to get up that early after a really long, stressful week. I am starting fresh today. I haven't had my mri yet for my ankle and it's really been bothering me so walking hasn't been my priority. I really need to step it up though because we leave for Disney in 3 weeks. I need to stay motivated so hopefully I lose a few more pounds before we leave.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: