Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #211
StayCool
Mouseketeer

And another question. Does anyone have a good recipe for zucchini bread? I love zucchini bread. Just want to make some that I can eat. lol
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #212
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
And another question. Does anyone have a good recipe for zucchini bread? I love zucchini bread. Just want to make some that I can eat. lol
Do you like chocolate? I have a great recipe for a chocolate zucchini loaf. It's really moist.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #213
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Do you like chocolate? I have a great recipe for a chocolate zucchini loaf. It's really moist.
That sounds really good!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #214
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Here's the recipe I use for chocolate zucchini loaf.

http://heathergardiner.typepad.com/b...ini-loaf-.html

You can portion control it if you like by baking it in a muffin pan instead of a loaf pan. I've also made it by adding a few chocolate chips!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #215
StayCool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
I LOOOVE chocolate. lol It is one of my biggest downfalls.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #216
DisneyMom76
Earning My Ears

Hi all,

I'm Jen a Disney lover and on WW. Just got home from 3 weeks in Florida with our first Disney cruise in the middle of that time. Just joined today so am new posting, but was so happy to find a WW group on here. I've been doing WW since Feb 2011 and am down 22lbs overall, heading towards me goal with another 25 to go.

Look forward to getting to know you all and supporting each other in WW and enjoying treats while on vacations!

DisneyMom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #217
StayCool
Mouseketeer

I'm dying tonight! All I want to do is eat and of course nothing good for me either! Ugh. Here's to hoping I can maintain my sanity until I can finally pass out!!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #218
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom76 View Post
Hi all,

I'm Jen a Disney lover and on WW. Just got home from 3 weeks in Florida with our first Disney cruise in the middle of that time. Just joined today so am new posting, but was so happy to find a WW group on here. I've been doing WW since Feb 2011 and am down 22lbs overall, heading towards me goal with another 25 to go.

Look forward to getting to know you all and supporting each other in WW and enjoying treats while on vacations!
Welcome! We had someone in our meeting that had just returned from a cruise and of course the question was, "So, how much did you gain?" She actually LOST four pounds while on the cruise. How was the cruise for you?
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #219
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Welcome! We had someone in our meeting that had just returned from a cruise and of course the question was, "So, how much did you gain?" She actually LOST four pounds while on the cruise. How was the cruise for you?
I hope when I go on our cruise I will be down that much!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #220
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's such an interesting point! In that past (not when I was on WW) I always lost weight on a cruise. I assume it's because I was so much more active. It certainly reinforces the idea that activity really helps weight loss.

I'm leaving in August for a 12 dayland trip to Scotland and am hoping to be able to stay on plan. This will be my first trip since starting WW and I'm a little anxious--so wish me well.

I already had a "ooops" this morning. DH and I stopped by First Watch (a breakfast/brunch/lunch place) and the omelet I picked was 17 points!!! OUCH! It was the one with mushrooms, onion, a sprinkling of ham and swiss cheese. I should have checked the points before ordering I have so much to learn!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #221
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
That's such an interesting point! In that past (not when I was on WW) I always lost weight on a cruise. I assume it's because I was so much more active. It certainly reinforces the idea that activity really helps weight loss.

I'm leaving in August for a 12 dayland trip to Scotland and am hoping to be able to stay on plan. This will be my first trip since starting WW and I'm a little anxious--so wish me well.

I already had a "ooops" this morning. DH and I stopped by First Watch (a breakfast/brunch/lunch place) and the omelet I picked was 17 points!!! OUCH! It was the one with mushrooms, onion, a sprinkling of ham and swiss cheese. I should have checked the points before ordering I have so much to learn!
I'm going to Britian and Ireland for 16 days and I'm actually not that worried. We were originally planning on going to France but changed it at the last minute. That one had me worried. I don't think I'll be too tempted by much in England. I'm plan on having Fish n Chips and Shepphards Pie. Other than that I dont' see much in the way of heavy/high calorie foods in my future. I hope to come back with a loss.

I thought for sure I would have had a gain yesterday. I ended up down 1! I was shocked! I am 0.2 away from 30#. It seems like it has taken me forever to go from 25 to 30. *sigh* It doesn't help that I haven't been able to exercise the past two weeks. I'll be back out there next week though.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #222
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
I'm going to Britian and Ireland for 16 days and I'm actually not that worried. We were originally planning on going to France but changed it at the last minute. That one had me worried. I don't think I'll be too tempted by much in England. I'm plan on having Fish n Chips and Shepphards Pie. Other than that I dont' see much in the way of heavy/high calorie foods in my future. I hope to come back with a loss.

I thought for sure I would have had a gain yesterday. I ended up down 1! I was shocked! I am 0.2 away from 30#. It seems like it has taken me forever to go from 25 to 30. *sigh* It doesn't help that I haven't been able to exercise the past two weeks. I'll be back out there next week though.
Oh you are SOOOO right about France. Even though the portions are reasonable, the food is rich and delish! We were in Germany and France in May---THAT trip resulted in me joining WW
Old 07-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #223
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Vacationing is a little scary when you are trying to stay on plan. My family is going on a big road trip soon, and I am definitely nervous!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #224
NC State
DIS Veteran

It was scary for me but I tried to make good choices and at times I didn't. As soon as I got back home I got myself back on the right track and I ended up only gaining 1.4 lbs while on vacation. I think it was a good break and now I'm so ready to be measuring and weighing my foods again, plus I really missed my gym time. Bottom line is to get right back on program as soon as you get home!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #225
DisneyMom76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for the Welcome!

I didn't do as bad as I thought I would. I gained 6 lbs for the whole 3.5 weeks I was traveling this month. The cruise week was not even the hardest, it was the week and half with my in-laws and not having any control of the kitchen there!

I did find it really hard to get to the gym as often as I had hoped. Between my boys (7 & 9) and port adventures, I really found it hard to get to the gym regularly. I'm usually an early riser, but being on vacation didn't want to set the alarm. I was up by 8 most mornings, but we were on the go all the time.

To make up for my poor gym performance (and our room was even on the 11th deck!!) the only time I took the elevator was on the first day when we were taken up to the Concierge Lounge upon our entering the ship. Other than that for everything we decided to take the stairs. Kids enjoyed racing each other on the two sides, and I got a killer workout, especially on the way up!

Trying to find ways to spend more time in the gym when I go in June 2013. Thinking I will allow my kids to check themselves out of Oceaneer Club/Lab as they will both be older.

Anyone have tips/ideas that helped them? My husband and I like going together for now - we've been apart with him in Baghdad and I home with the kids - so we spend lots of time together doing things we both like when we are able to be together.

W/I is tomorrow again and I am hoping the scale heads in the other direction again.

DisneyMom76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: