Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #2176
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

I decided to go today and after five days, im down3.6! My journey has begun! :-)
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #2177
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia123 View Post
I decided to go today and after five days, im down3.6! My journey has begun! :-)
Awesome!
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #2178
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

I've been avoiding this thread because may has just been a total write off for me. I'm determined to get back on track and repeat the results of April and hopefully even better so I figured it was time to post here again! I can do this!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #2179
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post

Ah, you're right! I mixed up the protein and fiber values! That's what I get for not using my glasses LOL. At least I had 7 points left over yesterday so I feel okay eating those extra 4 without knowing it. Jeez, I wonder how many other timers I've done that haha.
I can't even tell you how often DH mixed those up early on. In doing so he messed up my points sometimes because I would believe him. Now you know how easy it is to do.

At the activity open house this sat I'll get to re-meet our local weight loss celebrity Wendy. Lost over 300lbs, featured on People and on Oprah. She teaches Zumba at my Y and will be doing a short Zumba class at the open house. . Pretty cool!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #2180
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

I am on a road trip right now, and my eating has not been great. I want to enjoy food that I can't eat all the time. I'm still counting points, and I'm eating healthy snacks and 1-2 meals per day. I am mainly splurging on one meal. So far, I haven't gained! I'm sad for my trip to end, but I'm looking forward to getting back on track with eating and exercise when I get home!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #2181
NC State
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

I haven't checked in for a while now. I have been on WW for 2 yrs now. Last Sept I got down to 46 lbs weight lost, with 14 lbs to lose to goal. Since Christmas I have gained 8 lbs. It's now June and I can't lose it. I'm to the point on wanting pizza, cakes, ice cream and brownies all the time. I just want to OD on all the bad stuff. I have ran two 5Ks so far this year with my goal of running 4 this year. My time is the same as the last one I ran in October.

I have come too far to give up. Has anyone else gone through this before, if so did you switch to a new program?

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #2182
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Up 4.8 last night. Not at all suprised since that is what the scale here at home told me. I know two things have changed lately -- I stopped eating my eggs-and-pork breakfast every day, opting for something lighter so I could eat more later in the day and I've eaten my 49 points every week for the last three weeks. So, back to my routine breakfast, and bye bye 49 points. 26 a day and that's it. Hopefully next week will be better.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #2183
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

I just finished off the first week and last night I had Taco Bell and today a jumbo muffin, chocolate covered pretzels and four cookies. I used my extra points but really wish I could use them better
Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #2184
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

Time to get back on track everyone! I challenge you to an on program day tomorrow! Check back here tomorrow to log your progress! We can do it.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #2185
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia123 View Post
Time to get back on track everyone! I challenge you to an on program day tomorrow! Check back here tomorrow to log your progress! We can do it.
Definitely. We're not home yet, but we've eaten everywhere I wanted to. I enjoyed it, but I will enjoy being back on track!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #2186
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Good morning, everyone

Are Weight Watchers on-line members welcome in your group?

I opted to go that route, rather than the ones with weekly meetings as it is easier for me. We aren't home a lot during the summer so I knew I would be missing some of the meetings, so thought on-line would be better.

I joined two weeks ago today and have lost 7.5 pounds so far, so I'm excited about that.

I lost 40 pounds on my own about 10 years ago, but 10-15 pounds kept coming back to find me, I'd lose some, gain some, etc.

Then in November my doctor said I was going to have to go on insulin (I've been Type 2 diabetic for 10 years) if I didn't lose at least 30 pounds so I "tried once more" on my own to lose it but kept losing and gaining back the same 10-15 pounds.

So, I decided to give WW on-line a try. I have a Disney trip coming up in September with my DD (she's never been before) so it's good incentive to lose the weight. I'm hoping to have a total of 25-30 pounds off for that trip.

I bought a couple cute summer tops in the size I want to be in for that trip, and have them hanging on the wall in the bedroom to give me "daily incentive" to keep on track.

I love the points system. I'm allowed 26 per day, and don't go over that very often, sometimes I don't even make it to that many. I love how we get extra points for exercising, and those extra weekly points are nice too.

And I love that so many fruits and vegetables are "free" foods, no points at all. I find that I'm making better choices to be able to stay within my points, and looking forward to the end of each day to see those points on my tracking page and know that I'm doing well.

It's encouraging to read this thread and see so many of you succeeding in your weight loss goals.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #2187
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Good morning, everyone

Are Weight Watchers on-line members welcome in your group?

I opted to go that route, rather than the ones with weekly meetings as it is easier for me. We aren't home a lot during the summer so I knew I would be missing some of the meetings, so thought on-line would be better.

I joined two weeks ago today and have lost 7.5 pounds so far, so I'm excited about that.

I lost 40 pounds on my own about 10 years ago, but 10-15 pounds kept coming back to find me, I'd lose some, gain some, etc.

Then in November my doctor said I was going to have to go on insulin (I've been Type 2 diabetic for 10 years) if I didn't lose at least 30 pounds so I "tried once more" on my own to lose it but kept losing and gaining back the same 10-15 pounds.

So, I decided to give WW on-line a try. I have a Disney trip coming up in September with my DD (she's never been before) so it's good incentive to lose the weight. I'm hoping to have a total of 25-30 pounds off for that trip.

I bought a couple cute summer tops in the size I want to be in for that trip, and have them hanging on the wall in the bedroom to give me "daily incentive" to keep on track.

I love the points system. I'm allowed 26 per day, and don't go over that very often, sometimes I don't even make it to that many. I love how we get extra points for exercising, and those extra weekly points are nice too.

And I love that so many fruits and vegetables are "free" foods, no points at all. I find that I'm making better choices to be able to stay within my points, and looking forward to the end of each day to see those points on my tracking page and know that I'm doing well.

It's encouraging to read this thread and see so many of you succeeding in your weight loss goals.
Of course you are welcome here! I am an online member too! Congratulations for getting back on track!

I am not quite home from my road trip, but back on track with my eating. I had a "fit slam" at Denny's this morning, which was an egg white/veggie scramble, turkey bacon, fresh fruit, and wheat toast. I feel so much better...like I am myself again! I am back to the gym tomorrow, and planning to run a 5K Sunday. I can't wait!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #2188
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Of course you are welcome here! I am an online member too! Congratulations for getting back on track!

I am not quite home from my road trip, but back on track with my eating. I had a "fit slam" at Denny's this morning, which was an egg white/veggie scramble, turkey bacon, fresh fruit, and wheat toast. I feel so much better...like I am myself again! I am back to the gym tomorrow, and planning to run a 5K Sunday. I can't wait!
Am I reading your weight loss ticker correct? You've lost 116 pounds? That is amazing!! Good for you!!

Oh, isn't it hard to eat well when on the road? I think it's so hard to make good choices because sometimes when you think you've made a good choice it really isn't because of the way the food is prepared.

How long have you been an on-line member? I am really enjoying "tracking" my food and keeping within my points allowance. And I love having those "weekly points" for extra treats. I have just barely begun to scratch the surface of everything that's on the WW website, really looking forward to learning more as time goes on.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #2189
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post

Am I reading your weight loss ticker correct? You've lost 116 pounds? That is amazing!! Good for you!!

Oh, isn't it hard to eat well when on the road? I think it's so hard to make good choices because sometimes when you think you've made a good choice it really isn't because of the way the food is prepared.

How long have you been an on-line member? I am really enjoying "tracking" my food and keeping within my points allowance. And I love having those "weekly points" for extra treats. I have just barely begun to scratch the surface of everything that's on the WW website, really looking forward to learning more as time goes on.
Yes! Actually 118...I guess I should update that thing! lol

I have been on this once in a lifetime trip and I wanted to eat things I might not get a chance to try again. I usually do really great on vacation and I know I will again. I've even lost weight at Disneyland! The important thing is to not let a setback (I actually wouldn't call it that. It was intentional, and as "bad" as I was I still counted points.) determine your future success. Get right back on that horse and keep going!

I have been an online member for 16 months this time, but this is my third go-round, and the first time I've reached goal. So glad you joined us! I hope you will keep coming back! Let us know if you have questions or anything. Everyone is really helpful in here!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #2190
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Well, I will join in the fun here...

This is my third time on Weight Watchers... The first time I was about 200 pounds... I joined in January of 2009, by July of 2009 I was down to my goal of 130 and a lifetime member. I maintained until September when, surprise! I got pregnant. I actually maintained the healthy lifestyle through the pregnancy... Up until the end... And gained about 35 pounds. After I lost 7 pounds, 8 ounces (ha ha!), I went back on the program, going back down to goal in a few months. I maintained again for about 2 years with no issue and actually joined the staff...

Then I started a food blog...

So now I find myself with a spare 40 again and training for the Wine and Dine, so it looks like it's time to go back on plan hardcore for awhile. I've been on the wagon for a week, so far I'm down to 164.1 (about 5 pounds) and happy as a clam. Hopefully I will restart my meetings in mid-June (stupid as it sounds, I'd like to lose some more weight before I go back), and I will go back to kicking some major booty.

I'm more-or-less tracking my progress on Instagram, so feel free to look me up... I'm "JerushaGirl"... And I look forward to checking in here too.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: