Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #2071
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
WI last night -- down 1.8. Ok, so I was wearing capris instead of jeans and short sleeves instead of long, but I will take it! My goal was to be 85 lbs down by my next Disney trip -- I am now 85.8 lbs down and I leave on Sunday.

My dd made lifetime last night as did another gal her age and the leader announced that they are both joining staff.

It was actually a really special meeting last night. Joni started by saying that she was celebrating her 68th birthday so dd and the gal next to her initiated the birthday song and that made Joni cry. She said that she wished every group was like our group, that we have something special going on, and she kept emphasizing that it is us, the ones who come, that make it special. Well I have to agree with her -- we are a great mix of people. I've been to other meetings, including meetings she leads, and our Tuesday night meeting is just so much more vibrant and positive. Then she announced the two new lifetimers and staff members. We had lots of applause and cheers going on. Just an overall special night last night.

I'll be missing the next two weeks. I checked, there isn't a place close enough to WDW to go to check in while I'm there. We'll have a car, but I'm not excited about going off property to check in. I was really hoping to find something at DTD maybe or one of the resorts.

Am I crazy for wanting to pack our scale? I want to eat somewhat freely but I also don't want to come back weighing more than when I went. (Who am I kidding? There is a cinnamon roll and something gooey at Karmel Kuche and snacks at the F&GF calling my name!) I keep telling myself that with all the walking I'll do, it will be ok.

Speaking of walking -- Surely there is an app for that? I know there is Map My Run, but will it work for walking? I would like to know in general how far I've walked each day. For some reason, pedometers don't work for me. I know I am sedentary and yet mine gives me at 5,000 steps a day. So any app suggestions?

Thanks for listening to my ramble. I really should consider packing.
Congratulations, Debbie (and daughter)! I knew you could do it!

No, you are not crazy for taking your scale. I have a travel scale that I took on Christmas vacation. I just like to know! Enjoy yourself with the treats you really want and be careful the rest of the time. You will be doing a ton of walking, so that will help!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #2072
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg1366 View Post
Hi Debbie
There is an app called Map My Walk... I tried it last night and it was pretty accurate.
Congrats on your loss!!!!
That's the one I found yesterday and downloaded. Need to go for a "test walk" this morning and see how it works.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #2073
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WI last night -- down 1.8. Ok, so I was wearing capris instead of jeans and short sleeves instead of long, but I will take it! My goal was to be 85 lbs down by my next Disney trip -- I am now 85.8 lbs down and I leave on Sunday.

My dd made lifetime last night as did another gal her age and the leader announced that they are both joining staff.

{snip}

Am I crazy for wanting to pack our scale? I want to eat somewhat freely but I also don't want to come back weighing more than when I went. (Who am I kidding? There is a cinnamon roll and something gooey at Karmel Kuche and snacks at the F&GF calling my name!) I keep telling myself that with all the walking I'll do, it will be ok.
Congratulations to you and your daughter! WTG! I am so proud of you for making your pre-vacation goal .

I didn't pack my scale while on vacation, but then again I never lose on vacation. I like to enjoy my vacation without worrying or stressing too much about food or my weight. I think it's important to (1) enjoy what I eat, but also eat in moderation while on vacation. My rule on vacation was that I had to eat something green every day which can be difficult at WDW. I still made conscious choices for veggies and salads knowing that I mad something non-green planned for later . Also, (2) get back on track as soon as you get home. I got home on Sunday night after dinner and I started tracking Monday morning. I'm already down a 1-2 lbs of water weight and on track to continue losing.

Have fun and enjoy that cinnamon roll!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #2074
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I don't post too much on the boards, but I am new to WW (started last Friday) and would love to get to know some of you guys who are also trying to become healthier! I have 80+ pounds to lose. Ideally, I would like to be less than that, but 80 is my short term goal for now I don't have many people in my life that can relate to being overweight. My parents, best friend, and boyfriend are all VERY thin! My bf actually has some health issues that prevent him from gaining, we seem to be complete opposites since I have a hard time loosing.
I am doing the online program because I am a full time college student, and I work a lot, so online is the way to go for me. I weighed myself this morning and only lost 1.1 pound. I thought I might loose more the first week, but it's a loss, not a gain so I am happy with that!
Just a question for those of you have more experience with WW: Does anyone else have trouble eating all of their points? I usually eat a yogurt and banana for breakfast, a sandwich, some fruit, veggies and hummus for lunch, grilled chicken and a veggie w/ brown rice for dinner, and I'm full before using even half of my points.
Anyway, sorry for the novel, just wanted to introduce myself!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #2075
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post
Hi everyone! I don't post too much on the boards, but I am new to WW (started last Friday) and would love to get to know some of you guys who are also trying to become healthier! I have 80+ pounds to lose. Ideally, I would like to be less than that, but 80 is my short term goal for now I don't have many people in my life that can relate to being overweight. My parents, best friend, and boyfriend are all VERY thin! My bf actually has some health issues that prevent him from gaining, we seem to be complete opposites since I have a hard time loosing.
I am doing the online program because I am a full time college student, and I work a lot, so online is the way to go for me. I weighed myself this morning and only lost 1.1 pound. I thought I might loose more the first week, but it's a loss, not a gain so I am happy with that!
Just a question for those of you have more experience with WW: Does anyone else have trouble eating all of their points? I usually eat a yogurt and banana for breakfast, a sandwich, some fruit, veggies and hummus for lunch, grilled chicken and a veggie w/ brown rice for dinner, and I'm full before using even half of my points.

1.1 pound is GREAT! Congratulations! Remember that the AVERAGE healthy weight loss is between .5 and 2 lbs per week. That's the average, so sometimes you're going to have outliers, of a .2 loss or even a gain, or maybe 4 lbs. Just keep going forward.

The amount of points in what you're eating is going to translate into a pretty low calorie day (the rough, not to be used on any sort of regular basis, translation is 40 cal per point, when you're talking about eating points). This is not said in a mean way, but in a matter of fact "hey look our total weight losses at the end will be around the same" sort of way, but I'm sure you were not eating that few calories per day while on the way up. It's called the "honeymoon phase". You've increased the bulk in your diet with more fruits and veggies, you're eating your oils, you're doing great, and *right now* you feel full. Don't worry, that will go away.

I personally feel that eating all Daily points is important. Some on the WW board disagree (some are leaders), saying that 26 is the absolute minimum, and so eating all Daily points isn't important if you're over 26. I say, shoot for what you can right now, work it up to all of your Dailies, do that regularly for a month or so, and see what happens.

I personally eat all dailies, all weeklies, and all carefully calculated activity points, and I'm almost to 70 lost. (and I'm short AND 43 years old, to give a fuller picture of myself)

My husband started at 71 points, and lost while eating that AND some Weekly points. He's now down to 67 points, still eats some Weeklies, and still loses (poor guy is one of the rare men who loses sloooooowly, it's just his metabolism), and you should have seen him at first trying to eat all his fruits and veggies (when you're over 350 you're supposed to eat NINE servings minimum) plus all those points. He thought he was going to explode! But he got used to it in a week or two, and it was fine. It was just the honeymoon period.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #2076
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=pwdebbie;48064516]WI last night -- down 1.8. Ok, so I was wearing capris instead of jeans and short sleeves instead of long, but I will take it! My goal was to be 85 lbs down by my next Disney trip -- I am now 85.8 lbs down and I leave on Sunday.

Congratulations to you and DD! WTG making your vacation goal. We're going in July and I haven't set a specific goal but I would love to be lighter and more comfortable getting on all the rides and walking all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post
Welcome! I just joined here myself- getting back on track. 1.1 is a good start!

I had my weigh-in today after 1 week back on track- down 4.4

91 days until we leave!
Goofygirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #2077
mommamonster
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! I am so stoked I found this thread! I have been off and on WW since about 2004, and recently restarted in late February and have lost my first 5% and then some. I used to do the weigh ins and use the little paper slide calculator and manual and it is so cool to have access to the online stuff now, I can't imagine ever stopping now that the online tracker (and the phone app too!) is so amazing.

My name is Kelly and I'm 31, with two boys (with each I gained about 25lbs) and with our DLR trip coming up in October I hope to have lost enough to not feel so tired and have such achy knees at the end of the day! Disney vacations aside, I am currently a college student studying exercise physiology and minoring in nutrition (or possibly double majoring, I haven't made up my mind yet and I just love the nutrition classes) and I just thought people are never going to take me seriously in my career if I don't practice what I preach by being healthy and physically fit!

I'm really glad to have found this thread (I know I said it already, hehe) but to have WW members on THE disboards is so cool, since I spend so much time reading here (though I haven't posted much because I'm still a disney parks newbie). Time to go read though some of the last several pages. Yay!

DLR - May/June 2012, October 2013, A free pass day in April 2014
mommamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #2078
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamonster View Post
Hi Everyone! I am so stoked I found this thread! I have been off and on WW since about 2004, and recently restarted in late February and have lost my first 5% and then some. I used to do the weigh ins and use the little paper slide calculator and manual and it is so cool to have access to the online stuff now, I can't imagine ever stopping now that the online tracker (and the phone app too!) is so amazing.

My name is Kelly and I'm 31, with two boys (with each I gained about 25lbs) and with our DLR trip coming up in October I hope to have lost enough to not feel so tired and have such achy knees at the end of the day! Disney vacations aside, I am currently a college student studying exercise physiology and minoring in nutrition (or possibly double majoring, I haven't made up my mind yet and I just love the nutrition classes) and I just thought people are never going to take me seriously in my career if I don't practice what I preach by being healthy and physically fit!

I'm really glad to have found this thread (I know I said it already, hehe) but to have WW members on THE disboards is so cool, since I spend so much time reading here (though I haven't posted much because I'm still a disney parks newbie). Time to go read though some of the last several pages. Yay!
Welcome! Glad you found this thread, and I hope you post more!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #2079
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

I'm so behind on this thread now and I was not good this week at all! Next week at work we start our audit so I was busy all week getting ready and missed one of my two aquafit classes as well as one of my walking days. I also didn't pack my lunches the night before so I either ate out or in the cafeteria which is not always so healthy. I was up a lb this week which is not surprising I guess after my 8 lbs in two weeks but its still disappointing

Oh we'll its a new week so on to bigger and better - or smaller and better lol!

I'll try and stay caught up this week.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #2080
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the newcomers. I haven't had much time to interact here lately -- busy packing! We leave in about four hours.

Since I am a big breakfast-eater (eggs and pork daily, 8 points) I am taking some foods along to have breakfast in the room instead of buying breakfast. So I've packed yogurt and lunchmeat, that should give me a nice protein load in the morning without too many points. And I have clementines and grapes in the cooler and some granola bars (4 points each). Dh packed Fritos, Salt & Vinegar chips (he NEVER buys those -- they were always my favorite ) and peanut-butter-filled pretzels.

I'll try to pop in once in a while but I hear the wifi isn't the greatest and I don't have data on my tablet. We'll be at POFQ.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #2081
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Perhaps ordering Chinese food for dinner last night and then having leftovers for lunch this morning wasn't the best idea! I only have something like 16 weeklies left and I usually don't use more than 10 in the whole week!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #2082
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamonster View Post

Welcome! I've been on ww a few times too and got to almost my goal weight- stayed there for a bit- and now have it all to lose again. We can do it!

Quote:
Welcome to all the newcomers. I haven't had much time to interact here lately -- busy packing! We leave in about four hours.

Since I am a big breakfast-eater (eggs and pork daily, 8 points) I am taking some foods along to have breakfast in the room instead of buying breakfast. So I've packed yogurt and lunchmeat, that should give me a nice protein load in the morning without too many points. And I have clementines and grapes in the cooler and some granola bars (4 points each). Dh packed Fritos, Salt & Vinegar chips (he NEVER buys those -- they were always my favorite ) and peanut-butter-filled pretzels.

I'll try to pop in once in a while but I hear the wifi isn't the greatest and I don't have data on my tablet. We'll be at POFQ.
Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
Perhaps ordering Chinese food for dinner last night and then having leftovers for lunch this morning wasn't the best idea! I only have something like 16 weeklies left and I usually don't use more than 10 in the whole week!
Sometimes I wonder if its better to use them all at once- or close to that- and then stay with dailies the rest of the week. My super skinny sil once said to me that if she's going to have a treat (we were talking about frozen cookie dough my grandmother used to drop off when she didn't have time to bake it for us) she would have it all at once so she metabolized it all at once. She thought it was better than eating a little extra every day. Don't know if that works for everyone but it works for her!

I'm into week 2 back and so far so good! I'm one of those people who weigh-in every day and I love seeing the number slowly go down!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Goofygirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #2083
superme80
DIS Veteran

I had to quit Weight Watchers! Why is it every time I lose a little bit of weight my body decides it is time for another baby????!!!!!! So I am trying to just have the healthiest pregnancy possible and restart after this one makes an appearance. Will still be checking in. I am 3 1/2 months along and so far no weight gain! I can do this!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #2084
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
I had to quit Weight Watchers! Why is it every time I lose a little bit of weight my body decides it is time for another baby????!!!!!! So I am trying to just have the healthiest pregnancy possible and restart after this one makes an appearance. Will still be checking in. I am 3 1/2 months along and so far no weight gain! I can do this!
Wow congrats! Wish that would happen for me...send some babydust my way would ya? I mean, it would change all the paid for plans Ive made coming up for the next year but I'd take it!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #2085
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Wow congrats! Wish that would happen for me...send some babydust my way would ya? I mean, it would change all the paid for plans Ive made coming up for the next year but I'd take it!
With pleasure. My best friend struggles with infertility, so I can understand to an extent how difficult it is.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: