Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #2056
molitva
Mouseketeer

WW online wanted me to input my weight today, so after 6 days *drumroll* down 3 lbs! I know it'll slow down, probably next week, but I'm super pumped about 3lbs.

And I already lost a daily point. Boo!

I tried couch25k last year, probably around this time. After wanting to throw up after the first day, and not being able to walk on day 2, I gave up LOL I want to give it another go, but will probably wait until I loss some more weight. This body ain't made for pounding pavement (for now!)
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #2057
Jitzy
Mouseketeer

I keep this on my fridge.

This really helps me when I am in the kitchen looking for something to eat when I know very well that I am not hungry. I hope this helps others as well.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...370062738.html

Last edited by Jitzy; 04-09-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: bad link, sorry I hope this fixes it!
Jitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #2058
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If you feel like you need more time with any level, just repeat it. I'm not an expert, but I feel confident in saying you don't want to force yourself to move on if you just aren't there yet.

I think it was Week 4 that I got stuck on, and I repeated it at least once, the whole week. My lungs aren't the strongest, and I hadn't done cardio in SO long that those systems really needed more time to catch up. So I repeated it at least once and it was a great decision. When I was ready to move on I was READY.
Thank you for the advice. I have to say that my legs hurt like hell today and I am still not ready to start running again until I am ok. I've never run before, so I have to give myself a chance.
Thanks.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #2059
robinb
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I'm back from WDW and Tampa. WDW was crazy busy and my DD did well at the swim meet in Tampa. I also attended the Cubs home opener yesterday and that's a "no holds barred" kind of day for me. I hopped on the scale today and it looks like I am 3.8 lbs up. That's really not bad for a first après-vacation reading. Some of that'll be water weight gain so I think I'll put off my weigh in until Friday and see what the scale shows. In the meantime I am back to tracking today.

On a personal level, I am fairly stressed out. Both my mom and my sister were in the hospital (two different ones, naturally) so I began to eat emotionally the last few days as I was transitioning from vacation mode back to real life. My sister has liver disease (she's only 45!) and my mom had problems breathing. My mom was just transferred back to the nursing home/rehab facility. We're hoping that she'll be home soon. It's still all up in the air for my sister as they are still doing tests to determine the condition of her liver. Best case scenario is that she will also be transitioned to rehab and then home. My sister's family lives with my mother as her caretaker so it'll be up to my BIL and nieces to take care of both of them once they get home.

I was able to see both my mom and my sister on Sunday & Monday. I flew into Madison on Sunday afternoon and drove to Chicago to see my Mom on Sunday night and then I Pricelined a cheapie hotel for the night and drove over to see my sister on Monday. I was able to get back to Wrigley in time for a quick beer outside the Friendly Confines and then into the ball park to see the Cubs lose their opener. Oh well. You can't win them all and the Cubs are still rebuilding. I have a feeling it's going to be a long season.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #2060
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
Hi Everybody!!! So good to see you all still here

I am living proof of missing a weigh in or two.... cant believe I am that person. I have been going to the meetings but don't weigh in and voila, I think I am up 12-15lbs!!!! I am so disappointed in myself. I am also the member that has sat in a meeting and said "WW is the best thing that has ever happened to me".

What went wrong?

In addition, it occurred to me last night (as I was shoving more food in my face) that if it was alcohol I was lifting to my lips I would certainly be an alcoholic.

Ugh.

I hope everyone here has a great day. I will stick around!

Thank you,
Margaret
Aw, Margaret {{hugs}}. BTDT. I also stopped going to meetings or going and not weighing in and ended up gaining. I'm glad you're sticking around. Put all that behind you and look forward one day at a time .
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #2061
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
It DOES look like a Canadian flag lol!
Phew, glad it's not just me who sees that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post

I'm the boss - lets have a big loss!! Lol
Much better than gaining through pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
My head still hurts when I touch the spot where I hit! My back is doing a LOT better, but if I didn't have such a great chiro, I don't know where I'd be right now. It was scary as heck, hurting that badly.
I love my chiro too, she did a miracle on my sore knee yesterday, I managed at least a 25 min walk today, waaay better than curling up in pain on the couch. Sorry you can still feel that bump!

Quote:
On the other hand, lost a ridiculous amount last week. Something like 2.4. I don't know how or why, but it was weird! The loss was definitely NOT worth that fall and being unable to exercise the rest of the week!
Woohoo! Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
I am living proof of missing a weigh in or two.... cant believe I am that person. I have been going to the meetings but don't weigh in and voila, I think I am up 12-15lbs!!!! I am so disappointed in myself.
What went wrong?

In addition, it occurred to me last night (as I was shoving more food in my face) that if it was alcohol I was lifting to my lips I would certainly be an alcoholic.
Nice to meet you Margaret, welcome back...the important thing is that you are here now. Wishing you a nice quick start back at it, and some reinforcing results soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
WW online wanted me to input my weight today, so after 6 days *drumroll* down 3 lbs! I know it'll slow down, probably next week, but I'm super pumped about 3lbs.

And I already lost a daily point. Boo!

This body ain't made for pounding pavement (for now!)
WtG! Nice start, I know you know it'll slow down but still, it's great to get a good start, makes it easier to say "ok, that was worth the trouble..." I had all my points for precisely one week also. I've only lost 12 lbs and that meant two points. That 28-pt window must be, like, a 5-lb range...

I didn't do anything for the first month I was on plan this time, I just needed to give myself time. Now I've started walking with my dog. It ain't much, but it's something. And it gives me some activity points to eat!! Give yourself time, but it's ok if you start with ten minutes of something, or taking the stairs, or an extra lap of the mall--it's all good. (I was going to say "it's all gravy" but we shouldn't be talking about gravy...mmm, gravy...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitzy View Post
This really helps me when I am in the kitchen l
ooking for something to eat when I know very well that I am not hungry. I hope this helps others as well.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...370062738.html
OMG that is fab! This is my favourite part:
Quote:
In a nutshell, then, by choosing food as your drugsugar highs, or the deep, soporific calm of carbsyou can still make the packed lunches, do the school run, look after the baby, stop in on your parents and then stay up all night with an ill 5-year-oldsomething that is not an option if you're regularly climbing into the cupboard under the stairs and knocking back quarts of scotch.

Overeating is the addiction of choice of "carers," and that's why it's come to be regarded as the lowest-ranking of all the addictions. It's a way of screwing yourself up while still remaining fully functional, because you have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Hi guys! I'm back from WDW and Tampa....In the meantime I am back to tracking today.

Both my mom and my sister were in the hospital (two different ones, naturally) so I began to eat emotionally the last few days as I was transitioning from vacation mode back to real life.
Sounds like a busy trip. I'm sure the 3.8 will be dealt with easily. Sorry to hear about your family, though, that's tough, and really stressful for you. I hope they are both well soon.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #2062
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

WI today was...drumroll...flat.

Nothing. Nada.

I hurt my knee this week, on Friday while walking, and went from 40-50 mins a day to almost a dead stop. And the dog hates me because I'm her best bet for a decent walk. Saw my lovely chiro yesterday, who is a godess, and she made a huge improvement for me. It still hurts, but way less, and I got the dog out for 25 leisurely minutes today. It's not what I want, but it's better than sitting on my well-upholstered behind.

So I wasn't expecting much today but my home scale said I was down a lb, so I went. (And yes, I weigh myself daily at home. I know I'm not supposed to, but it is a good source of info. Bad days show, generally, which is useful for me to know.) But the meeting room scale disagreed. Pout.

THe meeting was good and bad. Of course we celebrate the achievements of others, and a couple who had lost, like, 4 or 5 lbs during the week (seriously!) said things like, "well, I expected something last week and didn't, so I guess it caught up with me". So I have big expectations for "catching up" next week! One lady lost 4-point-something lbs. She's been going for 9 weeks and has lost more than 30 lbs! Ok, I wanted to clap for her (I did) but part of me wanted to, you know, well, not clap. But I'll be there next week. Sigh.

1st trip May/June 06
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #2063
sjams
You just wander thru! Kills us all!
Please enlighten me!

Well I am a repeat offender lifetimer who has to get back on the wagon!! I started going to meetings during the day but work has gotten in the way and evenings are out for various reasons. I am thinking of participating online only now due to time restraints and such. Any reason I shouldn't? I am hoping joining this group will also help. BTW I also started walking/running this week to help spark my weight loss. So...HI!!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #2064
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjams View Post
Well I am a repeat offender lifetimer who has to get back on the wagon!! I started going to meetings during the day but work has gotten in the way and evenings are out for various reasons. I am thinking of participating online only now due to time restraints and such. Any reason I shouldn't? I am hoping joining this group will also help. BTW I also started walking/running this week to help spark my weight loss. So...HI!!
Welcome back! I am an online member and just made goal, so it can be done. It just depends on whether you need the accountability of the meetings.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #2065
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

I am posting just to say that today is day 4 back on plan... and I am not going back downstairs for a snack! I AM NOT! I am going to finish my water, read my kindle and go to sleep!

Okay, goodnight
Goofygirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #2066
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Welcome (back) Janet! I made lifetime 8 years ago--yet here I am...

Good for you, Goofygirl! Be strong! Our leader today told a hilarious story about going out to her car at 10 pm in her nighty to get a chocolate bunny someone well-meaning had given her. I can just see her sneaking out under cover of darkness. I recently heard about a study that looked at eating at night--apparently we just don't produce the right hormones after a certain hour to process food in a useful way, and late-night eating is more likely to make us fat. A real problem if you're a shiftworker, good motivation for those of us who just crave something late...

1st trip May/June 06
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #2067
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

WI last night -- down 1.8. Ok, so I was wearing capris instead of jeans and short sleeves instead of long, but I will take it! My goal was to be 85 lbs down by my next Disney trip -- I am now 85.8 lbs down and I leave on Sunday.

My dd made lifetime last night as did another gal her age and the leader announced that they are both joining staff.

It was actually a really special meeting last night. Joni started by saying that she was celebrating her 68th birthday so dd and the gal next to her initiated the birthday song and that made Joni cry. She said that she wished every group was like our group, that we have something special going on, and she kept emphasizing that it is us, the ones who come, that make it special. Well I have to agree with her -- we are a great mix of people. I've been to other meetings, including meetings she leads, and our Tuesday night meeting is just so much more vibrant and positive. Then she announced the two new lifetimers and staff members. We had lots of applause and cheers going on. Just an overall special night last night.

I'll be missing the next two weeks. I checked, there isn't a place close enough to WDW to go to check in while I'm there. We'll have a car, but I'm not excited about going off property to check in. I was really hoping to find something at DTD maybe or one of the resorts.

Am I crazy for wanting to pack our scale? I want to eat somewhat freely but I also don't want to come back weighing more than when I went. (Who am I kidding? There is a cinnamon roll and something gooey at Karmel Kuche and snacks at the F&GF calling my name!) I keep telling myself that with all the walking I'll do, it will be ok.

Speaking of walking -- Surely there is an app for that? I know there is Map My Run, but will it work for walking? I would like to know in general how far I've walked each day. For some reason, pedometers don't work for me. I know I am sedentary and yet mine gives me at 5,000 steps a day. So any app suggestions?

Thanks for listening to my ramble. I really should consider packing.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #2068
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Debbie, I was thinking about your family yesterday. I hope you all are doing well.

Congrats on the WI last night too and making it to your WDW goal.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #2069
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

WTG Debbie! You made your pre-trip goal, and what an achievement!! Lovely story about your dd and her friend as well, sounds like you've got a super group.

Pedometers don't work for me either, I have three in my bathroom drawer.

Our leader says, vacations are vacations. Use your new knowledge but don't make the trip about tracking. Just (to quote her) "get your butt back in here after the trip". And often people either lose on vacation because they are so active, or they gain so little that it's easily corrected. I like that message myself. : But of course YMMV.

Really proud of you, WTG!

1st trip May/June 06
Old 04-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #2070
lg1366
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

Speaking of walking -- Surely there is an app for that? I know there is Map My Run, but will it work for walking? I would like to know in general how far I've walked each day. For some reason, pedometers don't work for me. I know I am sedentary and yet mine gives me at 5,000 steps a day. So any app suggestions?

Thanks for listening to my ramble. I really should consider packing.
Hi Debbie
There is an app called Map My Walk... I tried it last night and it was pretty accurate.
Congrats on your loss!!!!
lg1366 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: