Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #2026
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Jules, there's always people in our meeting who, when asked if they have anything to celebrate say, "I'm up but I'm here." Not everyone loses every week (I was up two WIs ago myself). Don't avoid the meeting because of the scale. Once you skip one meeting, it becomes easier to skip the next and the next and . . .
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #2027
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
I'm not going because I'm afraid of the weigh in. I'll just record it as someplace else and officially weigh in again next week.
Been there - done that, will most likely do it again! Lol.
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #2028
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Don't avoid the meeting because of the scale. Once you skip one meeting, it becomes easier to skip the next and the next and . . .
I totally agree with this.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #2029
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I didn't go to the meeting because we put our cat to sleep unexpectedly this morning. Not facing the scale had nothing to do with it.

Yesterday she had difficulty breathing so we took her to the vet. Less than 24 hours later she's gone. So yeah the scale was not on my mind at all. I was putting my cat to sleep.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #2030
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't go to the meeting because we put our cat to sleep unexpectedly this morning. Not facing the scale had nothing to do with it.

Yesterday she had difficulty breathing so we took her to the vet. Less than 24 hours later she's gone. So yeah the scale was not on my mind at all. I was putting my cat to sleep.
Sorry to hear about your cat
Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #2031
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh I'm so sorry. My answer must have seemed heartless, and I wanted to be encouraging.

I can totally understand why you didn't want to go to the meeting. We will be putting our dog to sleep on Tuesday -- our meeting is Tuesday night and I'm not sure about leaving dh alone. Lady, our almost 16yo beagle, is blind, deaf, senile, and today I had to scrub four rooms of carpet plus the kitchen floor because she messed. She is dh's baby and he has held on to her for as long as he could, but he acknowledged today that it is time. So I do know how you are feeling. Our dd who lives next door, put their dog down last week and dh really loved that dog too, so it has been a rough week for him.

Pets have a special place in our hearts, don't they?
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #2033
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh I'm so sorry. My answer must have seemed heartless, and I wanted to be encouraging.

I can totally understand why you didn't want to go to the meeting. We will be putting our dog to sleep on Tuesday -- our meeting is Tuesday night and I'm not sure about leaving dh alone. Lady, our almost 16yo beagle, is blind, deaf, senile, and today I had to scrub four rooms of carpet plus the kitchen floor because she messed. She is dh's baby and he has held on to her for as long as he could, but he acknowledged today that it is time. So I do know how you are feeling. Our dd who lives next door, put their dog down last week and dh really loved that dog too, so it has been a rough week for him.

No your answer didn't seem heartless. I went back and read my post before that and it did sound like I was not going because of the scale. I just wanted to clarify.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Oh I did gain .8 :/
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #2034
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty!

ETA; Debbie's dog too!

Last edited by robinb; 04-07-2013 at 08:58 AM.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #2035
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear about your pets. They really are part of our families.

I'm back! I joined WW in January- lost a little over 7 pounds and then life happened. I have the monthly pass so I kept weighing and logging my (gaining) weight online but didn't go to meetings. Last week I went back to the meeting but didn't weigh in- just logged it from home. I really needed the motivation. This week I went and weighed in. Now I'm ready to start over!

We are going to Disney the third week in July and I'd really like to be in better shape. I know I can't get anywhere near where I'd like to be by then but I would like to be down as much as possible.

I bought the success kit or whatever it's called and I"m going to start using the Success Handbook today. I really need motivation!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Goofygirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #2036
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Jules and Debbie, so sorry to hear about your pets. It's so hard to lose an animal who has been a family member for so long.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #2037
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Lost a post. Let's try again...

Jules, I hope you're not feeling badly about the 0.8. Not sure if you weighed at home or at meeting, but if you used a different scale it could easily be that. My home scale is always more--unless I somehow lose a pound or so on the 15 minute drive in to the meeting! If so, I am doing that drive a LOT!

lovethattink, WTG! Nice net loss.

Welcome (back), Goofygirl! You are going a month or so before I am...I too am hoping to look better in vacation pics! Tired of hiding from the camera. There's no way I'll be at goal, but I can easily come down a size (or two??) in the time I have. You too! Here's to a summer vacation where we can keep up with the family AND be in front of the camera instead of behind it.

I hurt my knee when I was walking the dog on Friday. Not even sure why or how, just noticed about 30 minutes in I could hardly bend my knee. Was really sore by bedtime and not great yesterday. Trying to keep ibuprophen going, but didn't do anything yesterday, and I'd been 10 days straight with at least 3 APs a day. Really bummed. Will try to get 20 or 30 minutes walking today, but I have a bad feeling this is not going to resolve quickly. It sucks getting older...I am in my "late 40's" and things are starting to fall apart I fear.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #2038
molitva
Mouseketeer

wvjules- so sorry about your cat That's really hard to lose a pet.

I survived the weekend and even fit in some walks in the park.

Do any of you weigh yourself in between "official" weigh-ins? I have a really bad habit of weighing myself every day when I'm trying to lose weight. If I see the scale go down it's really motivating (and reminds me I'm doing stuff right), but when I see it stay the same or go up it has the opposite effect.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #2039
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post

Do any of you weigh yourself in between "official" weigh-ins? I have a really bad habit of weighing myself every day when I'm trying to lose weight. If I see the scale go down it's really motivating (and reminds me I'm doing stuff right), but when I see it stay the same or go up it has the opposite effect.
Jules and Debbie, I am so sorry about your pets. I went through that a few years ago and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

Molitva, I weigh myself every day or every few days. I just like to know where I am during the week, but I usually don't let it affect me. This is not for everyone. If it is having that much of an effect on you, I would say don't do it.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #2040
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post

I sometimes do. I try not to do it often but if I think I've either been really good or really bad I like to see where I am. It sometimes turns out to be a bad thing though!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: