Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2011
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

I am at a crossroads with WW right now. I think that I am going to take a break for a while. I am missing the motivation and haven't lost anything, or at least what I have gained, in months. I don't know when I am coming back, but I think that I am just going to save some money and try something else. I am beginning to think we are not a good fit right now. I enjoyed reading about everyone's WW path. I will stop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #2012
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Thank you all for the kind welcome!

Survived day 1 It's a start!

I ate all my points. I ate out for lunch at a non-chain resturant, so I had to guestimate what the salad dressing was. I didn'
t exercise, which was one of my hopes for yesterday.

Here's to day 2!
Woohoo! Way to go. I think the first week is the hardest, getting used to the new way of thinking about things. You're well on your way! Took me about a month to add exercise to my routine, I just had enough to deal with, you know? So don't be too hard on yourself, you are already making great efforts. If today's the day to add exercise, good for you. If instead you put your energy into figuring out what a serving of pasta looks like, or something equally useful, that's good too.

I know some people like to stick to their dailies only, but I feel deprived if I stick to that only. I usually try to have 15 or 20 weeklies left at the end of the week, though. I also eat my APs (activity points) because I gotta tell you, I HATE to exercise, even when I am at my most fit. The only thing that gets me out there is knowing I have "room" for that yummy little treat as a result. I lose faster when I exercise, even if I eat the points. And the more APs I eat, the fewer weeklies I use. YMMV, but it's better to eat what keeps you from feeling deprived and grumpy than to be really strict, and quit after 3 weeks. But maybe you know that you need to see a bigger initial loss to keep going...whatever works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
I am at a crossroads with WW right now. I think that I am going to take a break for a while. I am missing the motivation and haven't lost anything, or at least what I have gained, in months. I don't know when I am coming back, but I think that I am just going to save some money and try something else. I am beginning to think we are not a good fit right now. I enjoyed reading about everyone's WW path. I will stop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.
I'm new here Auburn, but I wanted to wish you well with your next steps. I think we do need to mix it up from time to time--I paid for my online membership for months after I stopped using it "last time" I did WW, and I resented it and felt guilty about it. Better to take action for something else. I see your next trip is almost here--have a GREAT time!

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #2013
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Ok, I have to say "HOLY CRAP!" My kids got their report cards today so after school I drove them to Dairy Queen for a treat. I had a SMALL banana split blizzard because I remembered it being around 6 points. In my dreams. TWELVE points. TWELVE. Oy. Well, soup it is for supper...thankfully I have some leftover turkey soup (from the leftover Easter turkey--double leftovers, that's like eating air, right?? )

And what have we learned today class? Always check BEFORE you order.

1st trip May/June 06
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #2014
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
I just started weight watchers online last night. I'm hoping I can do without the meetings because of money right now. I've never tried Weight Watchers but I really need something to motivate me right now.

It's given me 31 points to eat and 10lbs for my first goal. I feel like that's a reasonable amount of points.

I've spent some time this morning trying to navigate the app and the online tools. It's a little bit overwhelming.

I know my weakness is lunch. I have co-workers that like to eat out and lunch with co-workers is about the extent of my socialization. It's hard to pass it up. So, the goal is to try to find healthier choices when I do go out.

I really want this to work this time. DBF has lost 90lbs in the past year on his own and I must admit that I'm feeling pangs of jealousy. We started at the same time and I stalled out after losing 20lbs. His dedication to eating right and exercising every day ran circles around mine.

Any suggestions or tips? Anyone doing online only? Does anyone feel strongly that meetings are the best way to go?
Welcome! I have been on WW this time for about 6 months and I still haven't checked out everything online yet! They also recently made some changes to the app and I still get confused lol.

I would go to a meeting and tell them that you just joined online and are considering joining the meetings too but wanted to sit in on one or two first and I bet they would be fine with that. It would give you a pretty good overview of the program (and you can buy the WW bars if you like to have low point snacks on hand).

I have like some of the meetings and not others (depends on the leader and the group) and just recently switched my membership to online only so now I use a friend for accountability and this board for motivation )

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Forgot to say, my WI yesterday was down 2.1. That's 12.8 over 8 weeks, or about 1.5 lbs/wk. I'll take it. Best supporting actress award goes to my pup, for making me walk.

Isn't she adorable?
Woohoo way to go! and yes she is adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
For those of you working out, be careful as you increase them!

I've been jogging on the treadmill, trying to get my cardio and lungs up to speed before i start running outside, and I've been increasing my speed and my stamina. I eat my activity points, and have been carrying a serving of dry cereal with me, to eat some of 10 minutes before I run, and then after my workout. Keeps the brain working with the carbs, and gives me some carby-sugar until I get home and have dinner.

Yesterday I had a chocolate covered biscotti around 2pm, and then decided I'd "nourished" myself enough before the run, and didn't bring my cereal. Being Points-foolish.

Had a GREAT workout on the treadmill, fabulous jog, and as DS and I walked to the car got woozy. It passed quickly, though. Got home, asked DH if he would cook a simple dinner, went to shower. I was stretching out my back under the water, got woozy, and the next thing I remember is someone saying OW and then DH coming in to find me sitting in the tub with a painful head, wondering what had happened. I seem to have hit my head on the faucet; it could have been horrible.

So be CAREFUL! If you're increasing those workouts, be sure you have your food planned out and try to not let that happen.
Don't let that happen again!! If I go too long without eating I start to feel dizzy and then I'm like a crazy person shoving food into my mouth!

Quote:
I know some people like to stick to their dailies only, but I feel deprived if I stick to that only. I usually try to have 15 or 20 weeklies left at the end of the week, though. I also eat my APs (activity points) because I gotta tell you, I HATE to exercise, even when I am at my most fit. The only thing that gets me out there is knowing I have "room" for that yummy little treat as a result. I lose faster when I exercise, even if I eat the points. And the more APs I eat, the fewer weeklies I use. YMMV, but it's better to eat what keeps you from feeling deprived and grumpy than to be really strict, and quit after 3 weeks. But maybe you know that you need to see a bigger initial loss to keep going...whatever works for you.
I think it also depends on what your point value is - the more you weigh the more points you get so I have a TON of points. I don't even always eat my dailies and I never eat the AP's. I sometimes do eat my weeklies when we go out for dinner and splurge but for the most part it's rare that I will use up more than 5-10 a week. My thinking is as I lose weight my points will go down and I don't want to have to "readjust" everything I've already adjusted because my point value is less. I try and bulk up on 0 point foods - if you don't do that and don't eat your points you will be hungry for sure. Even with not using all my daillies I'm probably still eating more points a day than most people so while it may seem like I'm not eating enough I really am. A perfect example is yesterday I had a banana and raw vegetables for "breakfast" (I don't usually eat before I leave the house and I get to work at 9:45 and 10:00 is break time for everyone else so there are always cut up veggies so I grab a bowlfull), for lunch I had a pita with meat and a ton of veggies, feta cheese and some greek dressing with a bag of baked lays, dinner was a baja salad with a few of my DH's fries. For snack in the evening I had popcorn. At the end of the day I still had 6 dailies left and I also earned 12 activity points which I didn't use. If you had eaten the same thing you would have gone over your daily point value and either had to use up some weeklies or AP so don't feel bad if you use them up and then hear that others don't - it's whatever works for you that matters.

Quote:
Ok, I have to say "HOLY CRAP!" My kids got their report cards today so after school I drove them to Dairy Queen for a treat. I had a SMALL banana split blizzard because I remembered it being around 6 points. In my dreams. TWELVE points. TWELVE. Oy. Well, soup it is for supper...thankfully I have some leftover turkey soup (from the leftover Easter turkey--double leftovers, that's like eating air, right?? )

I hate that! Remember how I said I used to go to McDonalds on Fridays after my WI - well one day I decided I was going to still treat myself but have something healthier. There's a Joeys right next to my office so I went and ordered the chicken lettuce wraps to go - brought them back to work and patted myself on the back for a job well done and chowed down on my HEALTHY lunch! THEN I looked up the nutritional information .................................................. ........... 22 POINTS!! I was devestated! Thank goodness I looked them up after otherwise I wouldn't have enjoyed them as much

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW October 2015 TOT10 mile here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #2015
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Oh and I just learned what the multi quote button was for - aren't y'all glad

Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #2016
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Good luck with whatever you choose to try I understand the frustration when it's just not working right.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #2017
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had one of those moments too. I had a cinnamon roll, expecting it to be pretty high in points and it only came out to 5. I weighed it in grams and then used "Giant cinnamon roll tray" (even though it wasn't Giant brand, figured it was comparable) to figure the points. So, a few days later, I decided to have another one, cut one the same way I did the first one, weighed the grams, and ate it. THEN I went to the tracker, input the grams 11 points! I only get 26 points, that's almost half my points in a cinnamon roll (and believe me, it was not as good or as big as a Starring Rolls cinnamon roll -- hope they still have them because I intend to get one).

I'm not sure I remembered to check in after my Tuesday WI. Down 1 lb. .8 and I'll reach 85, my goal for the next trip to WDW, which is ten days away.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #2018
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Not having a good week. Easter was a killer. I had Ihop for breakfast which was a huge amount of points and then dinner! I'm in the hole by 30 for this week. I'm also PMSing and bloated. I haven't been to the gym but one day this week either. I know I gained around a pound. I want to skip my WI this week but it feels like cheating. But I won't skip it...Accountability! I'll take the gain and move on like I have in the past.

Congrats Keah for making goal that's awesome!

Everyone here is doing so well! Good job everyone!
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #2019
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Jules, you're still here, and that's what matters. Holidays are HARD. It's over now, and next week will be better. Go to your WI, it may be better than you expect (it usually is), and even if it's not, getting there and keeping on is way more important than a short-lived upward blip.

Debbie and Dizzy, glad to hear I'm not the only one to be "misguided" occasionally!

Weekend's nearly here. Are we ready?? I save most of my weeklies for Friday and Saturday, which is why my WI is Wednesday!

1st trip May/June 06

Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #2020
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

I'm so ready for the weekend to be here but I'm not in any way organized! This week was bad for eating out because I hadn't done a grocery run. I'm going to do that first thing tomorrow morning. I also missed my two aquafit classes this week (Easter and student led conferences on aquafit days).

Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #2021
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
Not having a good week. Easter was a killer. I had Ihop for breakfast which was a huge amount of points and then dinner! I'm in the hole by 30 for this week. I'm also PMSing and bloated.
:hug

Finally got in to see my chiro, and I'm feeling umpteen times better. After falling on Tuesday, the aches and pains just kept showing up until I was in absolute agony Wed night and last night. So glad he was in his office today and had time. I can actually lift my legs without crying now.

I think I did most of the "damage" when I sat back up, while still basically unconscious (I don't remember sitting back up after falling backwards). Owie.

I'm taking it easy, didn't work out at all today (and was, astonishingly, nowhere near as hungry as I normally am on a Friday). DH came home on the early side and took DS to his Aikido class, and I spent the time making steel cut oats, which I had with a chopped apple and a little more cinnamon than I intended, LOL. Pretty good, though I think I would have preferred it with a bit of milk mixed in, to make it a little more liquidy.

Lost some control with the Nestle Crunch Nest Eggs the other night..."Robert, come here, I can't stop eating these...." "Molly, stop eating them." Helpful man. But I tracked them, and I find it really strange to know EXACTLY how many reese's mini eggs and crunch mini eggs I ate this week. Not sure why it feels strange, but it does.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #2022
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Today is WI but not going. (See CB for reason.) Anyway should I self record my weight or just leave it blank and WI next week?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #2023
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Molly, glad you're feeling better. I love my chiro too. I fell upstairs (yeah. I know.) a few weeks ago and caught myself on my hands. Fine at the time but by week's end my shoulder and neck were a mess. Viola, a good crunch and, all better! Sounds like that was quite a fall you took, I'm glad you're on the mend. Too funny about the eggs. Sounds like something my dh would do.

Jules, on the weight tracker it asks where the WI took place--"at meeting" or "elsewhere". I'd say you should put it in but mark it "elsewhere" because scales vary so much.

1st trip May/June 06

Old 04-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #2024
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Molly glad you're feeling better. That's funny about the eggs!

Jules I would still weigh in - when I went to the meetings I would tend to lose accountability if I knew I was going to miss the wi.

My wi this week was better than I expected without the aquafit -3. Woohoo let's hope I can keep it up.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #2025
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I'm not going because I'm afraid of the weigh in. I'll just record it as someplace else and officially weigh in again next week.

ETA: I meant to say I'm not going not because I'm afraid of the weight in. I worded the above wrong.

Last edited by wvjules; 04-06-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: