Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #1951
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day! 1 pound down, 115.4 overall! I am less than 1 pound away from goal!
Congratulations!
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #1952
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Congrats Robin on your loss and your star! Have a great trip!

Lovethattink, what great news--must be amazing to see the size 8! And really great progress to your goal.

:
Ditto for me! Robin those 5lb stars are hard to come by so enjoy it. I hope you're having a wonderful time on your trip right now.

Lovethattink I can't imagine what a size 8 would feel like! That's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubachick View Post
good morning everyone! Just back from WI. Down 1.4 today, for a total of 14.8 . Only2.4 until the WII will let me on the board without giving me a "please check your weight it exceeds the limit" Message. Making strides one WI at a time!!
Have a good week everyone!!!
You can do it! That reminds me I really need to dust off my Wii fit and get back at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
This mornings WI was -3.8. I'll take it. Woohoo!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Keep calm and carry on is my motto right now!
That's great that you are so positive - I'm sure this week you will see a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day! 1 pound down, 115.4 overall! I am less than 1 pound away from goal!
WOW that's fabulous!!!! I am always happy when I hear people are losing weight but when I hear it's an amount like this I'm inspired too. I have more than that to reach my goal and at times it's seems completely overwhelming. I realize that we are all in this together but sometimes I feel like someone who only has 20 lbs to lose can't ever understand the sheer overwhelmingness I feel when I think of how much weight I need to lose to reach goal. (and I am jealous of them for it!). The reality is though I put the weight on so I need to work at it a pound at a time to take it off. If you don't mind I'd love to hear more about your story - what was your inspiration, how long did it take, what tips worked for you etc.
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #1953
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

So today was my first time on my new ďplanĒ and I ended up using 13 points for breakfast, snack and lunch. I have a WW Aloha bar for my before aquafit snack and thatís another 3 points bringing my total before dinner total to 16. I now realize I was crazy to think I could do it under 10!

For breakfast I had a yogurt and when I got to work I had some carrots, celery and cucumbers. Lunch was actually delicious (more than I expected) Ė I made a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, red peppers, shrimp, gyro meat, feta and tzatziki with a little bit of balsamic vinaigrette and fresh fruit for desert. Once you start to add up the feta, dressing and meat the points start to add up (it certainly makes me realize more how I used to think I was under my points when I wasnít tracking that there was no way I was!). Iíll have the same thing for lunch tomorrow and then on Wednesday we are having a going away lunch for a co worker at a Chinese restaurant so Iíll use more points on that day.

I am still kind of hungry. Not starving certainly but I donít feel full. In reality this is probably how Iím supposed to feel after a meal but since I usually overeat it seems weird to me. I donít know if it will be enough to last till after aquafit with just a granola bar so I may need to have something else this afternoon. I donít know what Iím going to have for dinner tonight as Monday is our busy night (girls both have activities after school and in the evening and I do aquafit). Usually my dh and the girls have subway and then I pick up Thai food after aquafit but I donít want to do that so Iíll have to come up with another plan. I still have lots of points for the day left over so thatís not a problem. It would be better if I could eat before aquafit since I could then work it off right away but I donít have time.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #1954
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, ladies, it's not looking good--help me through the last few days of my week. Wednesday is my WI and I've only got 8 weeklies left--I usually have at least 20 left at the end of the week. I've got 4 pts + 4 APs left for supper! Dh and I actually have a date this evening, we are going to a live taping of a local current affairs/sketch comedy show, and will be grabbing something quick for supper after work on the way.

It has been a heck of a week, really stressful (too many calls to the principal of my kid's school, it's gotten ugly). I have really resisted the urge to stress eat, but I have been pretty generous with myself within the program. Got in 4 day of dog-walking (which is my activity at this point--way better than NO activity beyond nagging the kids to walk the dog, which was the way it was until this month). But, here I am with 8 weeklies left (and I'd hate to reach zero weeklies), not enough for supper out, and more food than any week since I started at the beginning of Feb. I was really hoping to see another pound off on Wednesday, was hoping to reach 10 lbs last week but only made it to 9 total so far.

Argh.
Are you stopping for fast food tonight or restaurant? If it's fast food stick to the small cheeseburger and fry kind of thing, if it's a restaurant try fish or chicken and a salad?

If you go over tonight then you can try having a really lite day tomorrow with lots of fruits and veggies as fillers. Have a hard boiled egg in the morning and other lower point power foods and see if you can fit in another walk during the day.

I know people who use their weeklies regularily (like our leader says that's what they are there for) so you should hopefully be ok.

Sorry you're having a crappy week

Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #1955
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks Disneyluvr and dizzyr. I think I did ok, not great but ok. "Simply filling" isn't for me, but the idea of just having something more or less "pure" when I'm desperate is a good idea. I ended up grabbing a really quick salad with a slice of deli ham thrown on it (love the Costco black forest ham, tastes "real" and gives you a good bang for your buck). Then I sat and watched dh eat a sandwich at Tim Horton's. I had a cookie to add some carbs, but ended up with an ok total. However when we got to the show they had free wine (free wine! Who does that?? Ok, they were small cups and you know, we were all there to watch the show, but still!), and I had about 4 pts worth. The show was fabulous, though, dh and I laughed til we cried. We both really needed it! I was disappointed at first that we didn't get to have a nice meal out, but the show made the evening so much more fun than "just" going out to dinner.

I think for me it's really really important to not excuse myself when I am stressed. Every time I get through without chocolate or a big slice of carb-love, I prove to myself that I can. And honestly, turns out it was a wiser choice for me to have the salad rather than the fast food sandwich, so when someone offered me a glass of wine, it was ok to accept it! I've got today's food mapped out, with a little room in case I'm starving, and I'm not going over. I've got four lonely weeklies left at this point, hopefully I'll get enough APs today to leave them alone! FX for the WI tomorrow. If I make it through this week without gaining, I have to know that that is a victory.

Dizzyr, can you grab a subway for yourself? That's my fav fast food, you can pack on all the veggies you want, and it's not a "consolation prize" to build something healthy there. Can you throw in a little protein maybe before your aquafit? A little cheese with some fruit maybe? Sounds like you've made some good choices for the rest of your day, and good for you for planning ahead for your special lunch later in the week.

Great WI's, folks! I agree, it's inspiring to see others' progress. :

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #1956
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dizzyr, can you grab a subway for yourself? That's my fav fast food, you can pack on all the veggies you want, and it's not a "consolation prize" to build something healthy there. Can you throw in a little protein maybe before your aquafit? A little cheese with some fruit maybe? Sounds like you've made some good choices for the rest of your day, and good for you for planning ahead for your special lunch later in the week.

Great WI's, folks! I agree, it's inspiring to see others' progress. :
I ended up being quite hungry at the end of the day (would have been ok on a day I was going home for dinner but not on an aquafit day) so on the way I grabbed a cheeseburger and small fries at McDonalds. Because of my good eating during the day I was able to fit it in under my daily points and I figured this way I would get my fix in for the week and be able to work it off right after. When I came home I was hungry again so I had a few baby potatoes with the most yummy salsa and a banana.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show and good for you for getting through dinner
Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #1957
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
I ended up being quite hungry at the end of the day (would have been ok on a day I was going home for dinner but not on an aquafit day) so on the way I grabbed a cheeseburger and small fries at McDonalds. Because of my good eating during the day I was able to fit it in under my daily points and I figured this way I would get my fix in for the week and be able to work it off right after. When I came home I was hungry again so I had a few baby potatoes with the most yummy salsa and a banana.
Good for you! I had a BK meal with the kids last week--my 12 yo had the same basic burger I did and thought it was pretty small! :D But if you know what you're doing, as you said, you get the fix. I also found it wasn't particularly satisfying for long, sounds like you did a great healthy supplement later.

1st trip May/June 06
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #1958
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Board hog here. Had my WI this morning, down 1.7 and I made my 5%! I tried to stick on plan for the last couple of days of my week--thanks for the push when I needed it. It's also my first 10 lbs (10.7 thankyouverymuch!). I have a couple of old "10 pound ribbons" from when I did the plan before so I'm going to pull one out. And I promised myself a pedicure when I hit 10 lbs--not exactly sandal weather yet but I've got icky "winter feet".

1st trip May/June 06

Old 03-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #1959
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Board hog here. Had my WI this morning, down 1.7 and I made my 5%! I tried to stick on plan for the last couple of days of my week--thanks for the push when I needed it. It's also my first 10 lbs (10.7 thankyouverymuch!). I have a couple of old "10 pound ribbons" from when I did the plan before so I'm going to pull one out. And I promised myself a pedicure when I hit 10 lbs--not exactly sandal weather yet but I've got icky "winter feet".
Congrats!

I have an old 10% keychain or two, and I gave one back to myself when I hit my *second* 10%. Come to think of it, I hit my third...I should probably find the other one I have. It's fun to do those things.

Quote:
So today was my first time on my new ďplanĒ and I ended up using 13 points for breakfast, snack and lunch. I have a WW Aloha bar for my before aquafit snack and thatís another 3 points bringing my total before dinner total to 16. I now realize I was crazy to think I could do it under 10!

I was thinking about you the other day, when I managed to eat only 10 points and it was 4 and I was starting to get really weird. I didn't even have any zero point foods with me. And worse, I was at a birthday party (my son's friend) and they brought in pizza. Which smelled SO good, but we had *just* made dinner plans for after the party and I didn't want to mess that up. Oh I was SO hungry by the time I got to dinner.

For breakfast I had a yogurt and when I got to work I had some carrots, celery and cucumbers. Lunch was actually delicious (more than I expected) Ė I made a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, red peppers, shrimp, gyro meat, feta and tzatziki with a little bit of balsamic vinaigrette and fresh fruit for desert. Once you start to add up the feta, dressing and meat the points start to add up (it certainly makes me realize more how I used to think I was under my points when I wasnít tracking that there was no way I was!). Iíll have the same thing for lunch tomorrow and then on Wednesday we are having a going away lunch for a co worker at a Chinese restaurant so Iíll use more points on that day.

Those realizations are powerful, aren't they? The "ah, no wonder" moments...

I am still kind of hungry. Not starving certainly but I donít feel full. In reality this is probably how Iím supposed to feel after a meal but since I usually overeat it seems weird to me. I donít know if it will be enough to last till after aquafit with just a granola bar so I may need to have something else this afternoon. I donít know what Iím going to have for dinner tonight as Monday is our busy night (girls both have activities after school and in the evening and I do aquafit). Usually my dh and the girls have subway and then I pick up Thai food after aquafit but I donít want to do that so Iíll have to come up with another plan. I still have lots of points for the day left over so thatís not a problem. It would be better if I could eat before aquafit since I could then work it off right away but I donít have time.
Getting used to the "not stuffed" feeling is a process, that's for sure!

Quote:
WOW that's fabulous!!!! I am always happy when I hear people are losing weight but when I hear it's an amount like this I'm inspired too. I have more than that to reach my goal and at times it's seems completely overwhelming. I realize that we are all in this together but sometimes I feel like someone who only has 20 lbs to lose can't ever understand the sheer overwhelmingness I feel when I think of how much weight I need to lose to reach goal. (and I am jealous of them for it!). The reality is though I put the weight on so I need to work at it a pound at a time to take it off. If you don't mind I'd love to hear more about your story - what was your inspiration, how long did it take, what tips worked for you etc.
If you're on the WW forum, have you run across Wendy yet? She is an amazing inspiration, and hangs out on the "more to lose" boards (the main boards there are like the Community Board here, but with namecalling, making fun, and calling out of people ALLOWED....but she says the "more to lose" people are really nice and accepting of anyone hanging out there with them). She lost 302 lbs. She is a Zumba teacher at my Y and attends meetings at my center (though on Sunday vs my Saturday). I've met her now. She was featured on People and Oprah... You can find articles about her by googling "weight watchers tacoma wendy". (using that, it's the komonews.com link)

I can't find it anymore, but she used to have a very simple blog where she logged in each weigh-in. It took her about 5 years to lose her weight, which sounds so long, but in the end, she lost that weight. I liked looking at the log of WIs because it showed me that every week, even the gain weeks, is a step closer to goal, no matter how far away the goal might be. She just kept on going, kept doing the program, just continued, and she got there.

The process to lose - eating less than you used to - is the same for everyone. It's the *time* spent eating at that level that can take longer for those with more to lose. Of course, having spent my teens and early 20s trying to take off those last 5-20 lbs and failing utterly, I know that even 20 lbs can take a LONG time! A friend of mine in WW is TWO pounds away from her goal, and has been hovering in that range since December. It's making her nutty. But it's the same process for everyone. Which I had to realize when I hit my 40 lb mark and started thinking negatively about my leader because that's "all" she had lost to hit goal. And I realized that thinking that sort of thing might be natural, but at the end of the process we ALL will have to watch ourselves forever more, and that's where the REAL time is... We'll all end up the same after we hit goal, right? At the same time I know that even for me the total is overwhelming. Right now at <20 away from my original goal I feel further away from it than I did when I was starting. And DH has his own confusing feelings about his process (if he can get to WW goal his loss will be 200 almost exactly), and he's on the slower loss track because that's just his metabolism.

But I still really want my husband to meet Wendy, because he has a lot to lose and can get really overwhelmed and despairing when he thinks of the whole process. And he has NO idea if he'll ever be able to hit the WW goal just because of how he is built. He's never been there except as a young teen, and he has always been considered (by himself, by his MOM, and probably by his doctor) as being overweight, though he and his mom (especially) really exaggerated HOW heavy he was as a child and teen. But in short, he doesn't know if he'll end up using a doctor's note goal. The idea makes him sad because he'd be a GREAT WW leader, and you can't be a leader with a doctor's note goal.

Anyway, I'm digressing, big time.

Since my stated loss-goal is 80ish lbs I might not be who you want to answer, but I will anyway. I finally re-joined WW last year after seeing a new-to-me picture of Jennifer Hudson. Her body just totally transformed, and that astonished me. I had sort of figured that I would end up looking like I still had weight to lose, and that bugged me enough that I wouldn't rejoin, but her absolute transformation got my butt to the meetings. First meeting I sat right under the poster of that picture of her. She was my buddy for that meeting.

But that came after a 2 week Disneyland/Universal Orlando (yep, bicoastal) trip where I hurt with EVERY step, where not just my ankles swelled but also my leg, and I was just miserable the whole time. DH and I also were really noticing that DS was all alone in all pictures; if we died our son would have no proof that we had existed since he was something like 3 years old. And that made us sad. DH is better about sucking it up and taking pictures, so he started getting in photos. That I took. And was never in. I had to start losing in order to get into pictures; I just wasn't strong enough to deal with the photos until then.

Anyway, those things got me in the door, and although I admit sometimes I wish I could just stuff my face with a couple of the trigger foods I haven't yet allowed myself (weird ones...this chipotle dip that's like "pimento cheese" only with chipotle, and marinated artichoke hearts...), once I started losing it's like there was no going back. It just feels so good (even if it's scary sometimes) I don't want to go back.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #1960
Jeslynb
Mouseketeer

Molly, I just wanted to thank you for your great post. I looked up Wendy and found her on Facebook (google Wendy Tacoma Weight Watchers and Zumba and she should pop up).

I also like what you wrote about how losing weight makes you feel so good that you don't want to go back to bad habits/foods.

I have really been struggling and after checking in here with you and the others who are finding success, I feel inspired. Thanks!
Jeslynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #1961
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info about Wendy. When I get home (currently babysitting my grandtwins who are watching Caillou and begging for a snack, lol) I will look her up.

I was up .6 this week -- which was a whole lot less than my home scale said. I am still hoping to reach 85 lbs off by my last wi before our WDW trip (two more to go). I believe it is 1.8 to go. We aren't doing Easter dinner this weekend -- everyone is too busy, so our big eating day will be April 6 and my last wi before the trip is April 9. Great incentive to not overeat that day.

Well, it finally happened. Dh and I were at Red Lobster and man walked past that I was sure was one of dh's golfing buddies, but he just kept right on going. Then I saw his wife and she came over and said, "Do I know you?" Dh said, "Well, you definitely know me." The lights went on and she looked at me and said, "Oh, I didn't recognize you. Have you been ill?" No ma'am, I look like this on purpose! I then told her I'd joined WW and lost about 83 lbs and she was absolutely shocked. She said I should stop losing now and when I told her I had about 40 more to go she insisted that would be too low. Then I showed her what was in my take-home box -- a whole steak and the whole serving of mashed potatoes and half my lobster tail. I ate two biscuits (I know, I know), half a lobster pizza, a salad, all my broccoli, and started on the lobster tail when I realized, "Hey, I'm full. I don't want to eat any more." To me, that is a victory. Now I get to look forward to that steak for lunch today!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #1962
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Thanks for the info about Wendy. When I get home (currently babysitting my grandtwins who are watching Caillou and begging for a snack, lol) I will look her up.

I was up .6 this week -- which was a whole lot less than my home scale said. I am still hoping to reach 85 lbs off by my last wi before our WDW trip (two more to go). I believe it is 1.8 to go. We aren't doing Easter dinner this weekend -- everyone is too busy, so our big eating day will be April 6 and my last wi before the trip is April 9. Great incentive to not overeat that day.

Well, it finally happened. Dh and I were at Red Lobster and man walked past that I was sure was one of dh's golfing buddies, but he just kept right on going. Then I saw his wife and she came over and said, "Do I know you?" Dh said, "Well, you definitely know me." The lights went on and she looked at me and said, "Oh, I didn't recognize you. Have you been ill?" No ma'am, I look like this on purpose! I then told her I'd joined WW and lost about 83 lbs and she was absolutely shocked. She said I should stop losing now and when I told her I had about 40 more to go she insisted that would be too low. Then I showed her what was in my take-home box -- a whole steak and the whole serving of mashed potatoes and half my lobster tail. I ate two biscuits (I know, I know), half a lobster pizza, a salad, all my broccoli, and started on the lobster tail when I realized, "Hey, I'm full. I don't want to eat any more." To me, that is a victory. Now I get to look forward to that steak for lunch today!
I've gotten that "You're getting too thin!" and "Isn't it time for you to stop now?" thing before. It seems like sort of a compliment...but I'm never sure how to take it!
keahgirl8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #1963
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Debbie, that must've felt great (and kinda fun) when those people walked by you! 83 lbs, how fantastic. Looking forward to good news for you on Ap 9 (or sooner!).

1st trip May/June 06

Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #1964
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Woohoooo glad to hear that!!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #1965
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Thank you Molly for that great post Ė I am certainly going to look up Wendy. I have joined WW in the past a bunch of times and I feel like itís different this time Ė that Iím really going to do it. (that being said I joined in July and then stopped going from December Ė Feb but I still kept my membership active because I really felt I wasnít ready to quit). Iím like you and your husband, I hate myself in photos and there are not very many of me that I havenít deleted after the fact. I love taking photos and my girls always want to take photos so I let them or my dh take them and then delete them which I think it almost worse because they think they have all these photos of me and they really donít.

I have always been overweight but I was always still so active (Iíve gone skydiving, parasailing, cliff diving, white water rafting, scuba diving etc) and I canít do any of that now. My 10 year old really wants to go parasailing in Castaway Cay so Iím using that as my focus Ė I need to loose enough to go with her. There are so many things I want to do with the kids that I canít do now and itís so not fair to them. I also really want to do the CC 5K so Iíve been looking up the C25K training stuff and I think I will start it in July. Iíll spend the next three months working up my stamina. I know as soon as I start to see results Iíll be more motivated I just need to get to that point Ė thanks for the encouragement.

Debbie congrats to you on both the not being recognized and on the realization that you were stuffed! Iím going to Olive Garden for dinner tomorrow night and my usual process is to STUFF myself with appetizers, salad and breadsticks and then eat half my pasta and bring the rest home with more breadsticks. This time I will have no appetizers, one breadstick with my salad and one with my pasta (not quite there to do just one!) and then bring half my pasta home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: