Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #1891
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARAMEOW View Post
Just wanted to say hi! I started wight watchers online 4 weeks ago. My weight was 249.6 today 236.8. Hoping to be under 200 lbs by the time we go to the world in September

I am also doing WW online. I have been doing it sine June of last year and I've lost 25.6 pounds so far. I am also going to WDW in September, so I am hoping to be at my goal weight by then, I have 25 pounds to go.

Congrats on your weight loss!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #1892
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney View Post

I am also doing WW online. I have been doing it sine June of last year and I've lost 25.6 pounds so far. I am also going to WDW in September, so I am hoping to be at my goal weight by then, I have 25 pounds to go.

Congrats on your weight loss!
Thank you so much and congrats at almost being at goal! Small world I am also in Quebec

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #1893
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I weigh in on Tuesday evenings and travel about 12 miles (20 minutes) to the meeting. My daughter lives along the way so I often pick her up. I think the leader makes a big difference, but so does the folks who attend. Same leader on Tuesday morning (I've gone to that a few times due to schedule or weather) and it is a very different feeling meeting.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #1894
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

It's weigh-in day! Down 1 pound, 114.4 overall! I am less than 2 pounds from goal!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #1895
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Thank you so much and congrats at almost being at goal! Small world I am also in Quebec
Oh wow! Small world indeed! I did not even noticed when I wrote the post.

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #1896
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

I am in a rut!! Exercise wise I mean. I own an eliptical, but I am just tired of it. I've had it for 4 years, but I just can't seem to be motivated to exercise on it anymore.

What are your workouts? Maybe it will help me.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #1897
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day! Down 1 pound, 114.4 overall! I am less than 2 pounds from goal!

Woo!

Quote:
Just wanted to say hi! I started wight watchers online 4 weeks ago. My weight was 249.6 today 236.8. Hoping to be under 200 lbs by the time we go to the world in September
They call that "ONEderland" because it's a wonderland being able to put a 1 in front of your weight.

Jeslynb, I think it's important to find whatever combo that works best for you.

My leader does two meetings in a row, and I've attended both. There used to be 4 meetings Sat morning and now there are 3, and we were trying to figure out which one worked best when they changed the time of her second meeting. (OK that was confusing) Most of our meeting friends chose her second meeting, and we stayed with that.

But the first one is so much calmer, because at the later meeting there's this big group of women who sit in the back and just TALK all meeting long. The group up towards the front isn't silent, but they are usually sharing, or joking with the leader, etc; they are part of the meeting, not just talking DURING the meeting. The earlier meeting is a lot calmer and they get a lot more accomplished than the second, and it's starting to make me think about waking earlier on Saturdays. Leader is the same, meeting topic is the same, but the people make it feel much different.

One of my meeting friends uses her entire 49 weeklies on Saturday, then sticks to her Dailies the rest of the week. Sounds like that's what you feel like doing on Saturdays? If it works for you, there's no problem in doing it. IF it works. I generally use more Weeklies per day on Sat and Sun than I do per day during the week, because I do my workouts during the week and I eat my APs, so I already have more food I can eat during the week.

But I like to do that, and plan for it. The one thing WW has done for me has been to ALLOW me to eat and to enjoy eating. Before, when I was out of control with food, I felt guilty eating what I wanted to eat, I felt like I didn't deserve to eat, like i was terrible. But now I plan for food and when I'm eating I relish it! So on Sat and Sun when I have extra Weeklies to eat, I ENJOY it. I don't feel like it's overeating (though I did eat a bit too much this Sat and was in pain from it, so that isn't what I want to do), it's just eating and enjoying it.

Anyway, find what works for you. I have a 10:30am Saturday meeting, we go to Starbucks (and so do others from my meeting!) after and enjoy breakfast and a coffee drink (DS has his "steamer") and maybe a treat...it really works for us. If it stops working, if the meeting-talkers start getting to us more, we'll switch. 9am on Sat isn't super-convenient for us, but if it works better for us we'll have to do it.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 03-18-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: 3 meetings not 2
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #1898
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I weigh in on Tuesday evenings and travel about 12 miles (20 minutes) to the meeting. My daughter lives along the way so I often pick her up. I think the leader makes a big difference, but so does the folks who attend. Same leader on Tuesday morning (I've gone to that a few times due to schedule or weather) and it is a very different feeling meeting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If it stops working, if the meeting-talkers start getting to us more, we'll switch. 9am on Sat isn't super-convenient for us, but if it works better for us we'll have to do it.
Ugh. The people in the meeting are even more important than the leader IMO. There was one lady who just got on my nerves. She would share the SAME thing week after week after week ... ugh. That same meeting also had two women who were mentally disabled and while they were sweet and I cheered them on for their weight loss, they would would come up with complete non-sequiters. We. Don't. Care. About. Your. Cats.

Quote:
I am in a rut!! Exercise wise I mean. I own an eliptical, but I am just tired of it. I've had it for 4 years, but I just can't seem to be motivated to exercise on it anymore.

I do a variety of things. My DD swims at the YMCA so I work out while she works out. I'll do the elliptical, the treadmill and the recumbent bike. I also take Zumba classes and I do Wii Fit at home. I aim for 30 minutes per day average, so some days I won't work out at all and other days I'll do 60-70 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Awesome!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #1899
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I mix it up!i try and run 2-3 times a week. Right now it's more speedwalking because I just finished a half marathon last week and I'm not in yet training for my next one.

I try to go to the y two or three times a week. I do cardio I do a kick boot class I do a drums alive class and I take Zumba toning.

At home I have walk away the pounds DVD's and a lot of small exercise fitness weight type of equipment that I use. I also have P90X And 30 Day Shred which I'll pull out to vary things up.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #1900
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
That same meeting also had two women who were mentally disabled and while they were sweet and I cheered them on for their weight loss, they would would come up with complete non-sequiters. We. Don't. Care. About. Your. Cats.
Oh that last line made me crack up.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #1901
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I weigh in tonight but my home scale put me at 169 this morning -- how encouraging it was to see my weight start with 16-something and not 17-something! I know I'll still be 17-something at weigh in, but that's ok. I know my scale weighs me about 3 lbs less.

One day this week I ate 54 points. Friday we went to Golden Corral and I have to say I love their fried chicken and the seafood salad. And then my daughter brought her "Fancy Dinner Fridays" leftovers to us in the evening. (She loves to cook and started doing these special Friday dinners about a year ago. She picks a theme and then searches for recipes that go along with it. Her theme this week was Irish or green -- the fried cabbage was amazing, the bacon-wrapped flank steak stuffed with spinach was wonderful . . . ) But anyway, I said all that to say that I truly believe our bodies need to know that we are not in starvation mode. If I feed myself abundantly once a week (but not to the point of being stuffed or uncomfortable, I've learned when to stop), I still lose weight. I think my body happily receives the extra food and then doesn't fight me when I stick to my 26 points.

After weigh in tonight, I will get my usual Auntie Anne's pretzel to bring home for our supper. I save points for this every Tuesday. Dh and I eat our big meal at lunch each day, so today I will have a Smart Ones frozen entree for lunch. Did 6 points for breakfast, and will do maybe 7 points for lunch, so that still leaves me 13 points -- 9 points for the pretzel and 4 points for a dessert. We have a chocolate buttercream Easter egg here calling my name.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1902
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I lost 30# with WW last year from March - October. I quit in October becacuse my head just wasn't in it at that point so I figured I'd take time off. I rejoined on Saturday. In my 6 month hiatus I gained 13#! Wow! The gain wsn't intentional but I had the attitude that I was going to rejoin so I might as well enjoy it now. Well that didn't work out well! lol

I'm taking time off from distance running. 1.) It's hard to lose weight when distance running, IMO. 2.) I want to concentrate on losing weight and overall health. I'm back to running longer distances in 2014 and I plan on going Goofy in 2015. For now it's eating right and hitting the gym 5 days a week (where I do a 5k on the treadmill every day before strength training lol)

Anyway, I'm right at 200 now and I want to get to 145 so I have 55# to go.

Everyone here is doing a remarkable job!
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #1903
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Jules!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #1904
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi folks. Thought I'd drop in here...I looked at the WW boards and they didn't do it for me...plus I already know all the smilie codes here! Nothing like a vacation to motivate: last time we went in 2011 I hid from all the pics, and in a couple we had of me with a good friend from high school (whom I hadn't seen in 20 years), I just wanted to crop myself out. She, of course, is still a size 10.

I lost about 45 lbs in 2006-7 and made "lifetime" but didn't last very long I'm afraid. Got that and about 10 lbs more back by last month, when I went back (online and meetings). I really like the new program, now that I'm used to it. All those "free" healthy foods are motivating me to make good choices. Last time if I had 2 pts to use, I'd take the tiny cookie rather than the banana. Now I have the banana first, and more often than not don't "need" the cookie. I still can't believe fat-free Greek yoghurt is "free", that is some good stuff...

Today is my weigh in day and I was really looking forward to it, but we got a snowstorm last night (first day of spring ), the kids are off school and I'm not testing the roads until they are in better shape. I was really hoping I'd made my 5% today. Now I have to find another meeting, and it's going to screw up my weigh in I know it. But still, hoping for good news this week.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #1905
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Jules we are at the same point--my home scale says 198-ish now but the scale at the meeting still hasn't made the switch to under 200. (Of course I am fully clothed at the meeting!) My goal I think is either 145 or 155--it's so far away still I haven't noticed the details! Also back after a hiatus, but a longer one than you! I think it's easier to start this time of year, when we don't have lots of bulky clothes and holiday treats in front of us.

Onward...

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: