Originally Posted by tth5454

That's awesome! Way to go.
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #1877
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tth5454
Hello everyone. I started WW in Jaunary. I'm down 20 lbs and hope to lose 30 more before we go on our second Disney Cruise
Welcome and good luck! You can do it!
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #1878
tth5454
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8

Welcome and good luck! You can do it!
Thank you!
tth5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #1879
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
When will you be down there?
April 15 - 26 at POFQ. (That is, if our doggie passes away by then. Doesn't that sound awful? She's been living on borrowed time for so long. We canceled our trip last year because she hadn't died and we thought for sure she would be gone by now. But I think now that she "goes" all over the house and has canine dementia dh is beginning to realize that it might be time to make the decision.)
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #1880
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
My old leader who quit WW for another opportunity that didn't pan out came back and one of her new meetings was today so I went to it. I realized how much I missed her!
The leader can make all the difference -- but so can the people who attend. We love our Tuesday night meetings because of the leader AND the people. I've gone to the same leader's other meetings, and there is a big difference. My dd said it is because the morning meetings are filled with a bunch of old ladies who talk old lady stuff, lol. Our evening meeting is a nice mix of ages and sex with a lot of participation.

Yay for 1.2!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #1881
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
April 15 - 26 at POFQ. (That is, if our doggie passes away by then. Doesn't that sound awful? She's been living on borrowed time for so long. We canceled our trip last year because she hadn't died and we thought for sure she would be gone by now. But I think now that she "goes" all over the house and has canine dementia dh is beginning to realize that it might be time to make the decision.)
We are down there the 14 - 19. We are off property since we are staying with DH's parents at their timeshare. That doesn't sound bad. I was in the same situation with my grandma (now that sounds bad) and we were moving to a different state. She ended up passing away 4 days before we moved.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #1882
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I posted here a number of months ago but want to get serious about regular posting! I just finished a nine week challenge at our local Y (coupled with WW meetings) and am down 5 pounds. Ideally I would love to see 10 more gone by 5/22, our next WDW trip! I am about 4-5 pounds from my lifetime goal, another huge motivator!

Excited to chat, cheer and encourage with you all!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #1883
KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
Creates edible masterpieces
Planning a huge WDW family reunion...I know, I'm insane!!!

Hi everyone! WI day for me is Thursday, I'm down 1 more pound! My problem now is I am starving all the time the last few days and it's tough to stay on point. TOM is the week after next, could that be why? (Sorry if this is TMI!)
Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #1884
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRSTIN'S MOMMY View Post
Hi everyone! WI day for me is Thursday, I'm down 1 more pound! My problem now is I am starving all the time the last few days and it's tough to stay on point. TOM is the week after next, could that be why? (Sorry if this is TMI!)
The week *after* next? I hope that's not the reason; it's going to feel really long for you if it is. And of course it's not TMI. Some people gain quite a bit during those days, so it's really good to talk about it!

Are you getting in the "good health guidelines" or "healthy checks" (basically the same things)? Your oils, your dairy or alternatives, your fruits and veggies? I find the oils to be SO important to keep the tum happy. (and hair, skin, and nails as well)

Are you only eating your Daily points? If so, maybe you could experiment with eating some Weekly and/or some Activity points? Not everyone can, not everyone wants to, not everyone needs to, but then there are others (me) who can (lose while eating them all), wants to, and NEEDS to, or they'll go off program (like I did the other 3 times I attempted WW). For people like me, going with only the Daily points feels like deprivation, which can do bad things to some peoples' heads.

It's worth thinking about, if you're just doing the Dailies right now! And especially if you're new...are you new? I'm sorry it takes a LONG time for me to start remembering people. (embarrassing) Anyway, especially IF you are new to WW it's easier to try something like that, rather than waiting. It's scary to add points in at any time, but especially when you've been doing it for awhile.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #1885
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

The week *after* next? I hope that's not the reason; it's going to feel really long for you if it is. And of course it's not TMI. Some people gain quite a bit during those days, so it's really good to talk about it!

Are you getting in the "good health guidelines" or "healthy checks" (basically the same things)? Your oils, your dairy or alternatives, your fruits and veggies? I find the oils to be SO important to keep the tum happy. (and hair, skin, and nails as well)

Are you only eating your Daily points? If so, maybe you could experiment with eating some Weekly and/or some Activity points? Not everyone can, not everyone wants to, not everyone needs to, but then there are others (me) who can (lose while eating them all), wants to, and NEEDS to, or they'll go off program (like I did the other 3 times I attempted WW). For people like me, going with only the Daily points feels like deprivation, which can do bad things to some peoples' heads.

It's worth thinking about, if you're just doing the Dailies right now! And especially if you're new...are you new? I'm sorry it takes a LONG time for me to start remembering people. (embarrassing) Anyway, especially IF you are new to WW it's easier to try something like that, rather than waiting. It's scary to add points in at any time, but especially when you've been doing it for awhile.
This. I rarely eat my activity points, and I never eat my weeklies. However, if I work out a lot, or if I'm starving by the end of the day, I do use activity points. You should not be starving. If you are legitimately hungry, and not just having a craving or wanting to eat because you're bored, you aren't eating enough. Personally, I eat every couple of hours most days. If I have done that, I am not usually hungry by the end of the day.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #1886
Jeslynb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day again! Down 4.4 pounds this week, 113.4 overall!
You are killing it! KUTGW!!

And posting here inspires me to do better myself.

Great job, too, Robin, Okie and everyone else.

I injured my foot, so it's been doctors offices, xrays etc. for me. I let it get me off track last week and I more or less gave up, but I forced myself to go to the meeting yesterday and that really got me back on track. If the grandmother walking with a cane could lose 50 lbs, I can do the same (and then some).

Back on track.
Jeslynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #1887
Jeslynb
Mouseketeer

Meeting question (prompted by Robin's post):

My great leader is leaving our Saturday morning local meeting. Her new meeting is at a big center over 30 minutes away. It's really not convenient for me to get out there AND weighing in on Saturday seems to prompt me to overeat Saturday night.

So, if you have time, I have a few questions:

What day of the week to you go to meetings?

How far do you travel?

How important is convenience vs. an especially good leader?

Thanks, all!
Jeslynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #1888
tubachick
DIS Veteran
Official DIS "good thread" popcorn supplier

Hello Everyone!

WI was yesterday, and I'm down 1.6 for a totlal of 13.4.

Hope everyone has a good week and gets active!!!

In response to Jeslynb --

I WI on Saturday 8am. Its one of the few times that there is a meeting I can attend. I travel 10 miles to attend this meeting. If I can not make this meeting I attend a Saturday afternoon meeting that is 38 miles away. There are not very many weekend meetings near my house and the meetings offered during the week are at 9am, 11:30 am or 2 pm. I think there may be a 4:30 pm on Wednesday, but I would never make it there in time.

The leader is an important part of the meeting for me - in the past I have quit going because I did not enjoy the leader. Now, that I am changing my life and committed to the lifestyle changes -- connivence is more important to me. I can receive the motivation from other members at the meeting as much as the leader. However, I do have to say that I have been lucky this time and with either meeting the leaders are fantastic.

Now this week my goal is to increase my activity yet again. I love seeing that little firework show when my activlink gets beyond 100%!!
POP 10/12**CR 5/12**POP 2/12**POP 10/11**POP 7/11**POP 3/11**WL 1/11**WL 12/10**POP 10/10**CR 08/10**CSR 07/10** POP 05/10**POP 02/10 ** WL 11/09**WL 08/09**POP 06/09**POP 03/09** ASM 1/09**YC 8/08**ASM 4/08 **ASM 10/07**WL 9/07**DL/PP 4/2007**DCL 3/2007 ** CBR 3/2007**YC 8/2006**CBR 3/2006**CR 8/2005 ** WL (Honeymoon Suite)2/2005**WL(DISNEYMOON Concierge level) 4/2003**ASM 12/2000**ALS 1/2001
LAST! IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom
tubachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #1889
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslynb
Meeting question (prompted by Robin's post):

My great leader is leaving our Saturday morning local meeting. Her new meeting is at a big center over 30 minutes away. It's really not convenient for me to get out there AND weighing in on Saturday seems to prompt me to overeat Saturday night.

So, if you have time, I have a few questions:

What day of the week to you go to meetings?

How far do you travel?

How important is convenience vs. an especially good leader?

Thanks, all!
Down .4 this morning! I went to Wednesday night meetings for years and switched to Sunday morning a few months ago which has been a huge help in reigning in weekend temptation. I also now drive 20+ minutes to a center rather than a local meeting (at a senior center room). I am so much happier with a morning meeting. I liked both leaders equally but enjoy early morning more than at night.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #1890
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say hi! I started wight watchers online 4 weeks ago. My weight was 249.6 today 236.8. Hoping to be under 200 lbs by the time we go to the world in September

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: