Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #1861
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney View Post
It's WI day! I gained 0.2 pounds. I'm up this week. Must be all that overeating over the weekend, we had a busy one and I am still struggling with controling my portions when out to restaurants.

Anybody have any tips?
We talked about this in our meeting today. A lot of members pretrack before they get to the restaurant. I know I look up food before I go to have an idea before I get to the restaurant. One member said he either has a potato or bread with his meal but not both. I know it's very difficult.

I''ve been struggling lately. Today at weigh in somehow I lost 3.6 over the last two weeks. I had to skip last week due to snow. My total loss is 19.8. I was totally floored to have lost the 3+' I was expecting that as a gain!!!! I have had a difficult time making good decisions. I hope now I can keep up the success of the last few weeks!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #1862
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
We talked about this in our meeting today. A lot of members pretrack before they get to the restaurant. I know I look up food before I go to have an idea before I get to the restaurant. One member said he either has a potato or bread with his meal but not both. I know it's very difficult.

I''ve been struggling lately. Today at weigh in somehow I lost 3.6 over the last two weeks. I had to skip last week due to snow. My total loss is 19.8. I was totally floored to have lost the 3+' I was expecting that as a gain!!!! I have had a difficult time making good decisions. I hope now I can keep up the success of the last few weeks!!!!
Thank you for the tips. I will try to look up the info before I get to the restaurant.

Congrats on the loss! I know how you feel. Some weeks are better than others, and today is one day I am no good food wise. It happens. I also have a hard time making good decisions, especially food wise.

Let's keep this up!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #1863
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney
It's WI day! I gained 0.2 pounds. I'm up this week. Must be all that overeating over the weekend, we had a busy one and I am still struggling with controling my portions when out to restaurants.

Anybody have any tips?
When your food comes, go ahead and ask for a container and divide up your food. That way, you aren't tempted to keep picking at it.

I wrote a blog about healthy traveling, and there is a lot about restaurants. http://healthybeautifulblessed.com/healthy-travel-tips/
Old 03-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #1864
okiedisnut
Earning My Ears

Down -2.0 lbs today!!! Total -34.8 Still working on making myself exercise---it's does make a difference for my weight loss.
Changed my trip to Disney to Dec 1-6th. Decided that I would enjoy it more after loosing more weight---and I LOVE the Christmas decorations
okiedisnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #1865
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedisnut
Down -2.0 lbs today!!! Total -34.8 Still working on making myself exercise---it's does make a difference for my weight loss.
Changed my trip to Disney to Dec 1-6th. Decided that I would enjoy it more after loosing more weight---and I LOVE the Christmas decorations
Congrats! Yes, it is more fun to vacation when you are smaller! I went to Disneyland just 2 months into this and it was so much more enjoyable.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #1866
rjb123
Mouseketeer

Everyone is doing just awesome! Question: does anyone get anxious before weigh in? Like tomorrow is my WI day and I ate poorly today. Not really hugely over points but not "good" (which for me means thoughtful, planned, premeasured eating as opposed to more "emotional" junky eating). Anywho, I am stressed about WI tomorrow. Today my sneak peak showed me at .7 down, but still not sure. I seem to fluctuate quite a bit depending on water retention. (as much as 2 pounds or more - if I eat anything salty I get really swolen!) anyway, not sure how to rid myself of this scale anxiety. Any thoughts?
rjb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #1867
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb123
Everyone is doing just awesome! Question: does anyone get anxious before weigh in? Like tomorrow is my WI day and I ate poorly today. Not really hugely over points but not "good" (which for me means thoughtful, planned, premeasured eating as opposed to more "emotional" junky eating). Anywho, I am stressed about WI tomorrow. Today my sneak peak showed me at .7 down, but still not sure. I seem to fluctuate quite a bit depending on water retention. (as much as 2 pounds or more - if I eat anything salty I get really swolen!) anyway, not sure how to rid myself of this scale anxiety. Any thoughts?
You have to realize that the scale will go up and come down, especially with water retention. It is just part of the process. If it goes up, evaluate yourself. Did you eat right and exercise all week? If yes, just know you did all you could do, it was beyond your control, and it will come back down. If no, what could you have done differently? Learn from it and move on. If you have these thoughts ahead of time, you won't have so much anxiety. The anxiety doesn't help you any. In fact, it can be a detriment to you. Stress can cause your body to hang onto the weight, or even gain more belly fat.

All of that being said...I don't always follow my own advice. I try!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #1868
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I was down .6 Tuesday night -- that makes 3.2 lbs to go before my mid-April trip to WDW. Can I do it? Easter is coming and that will be a big eating day.

Last week I discovered that a local shop sells white-iced cinnamon rolls that would put the rolls at Main St. Bakery or Starring Rolls to shame. I stayed within points each day that I had one -- but I had 3! Oh, they were sooo good. Yesterday dh wanted to buy more and I drove straight past the shop. No way am I going in there . . . until May.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #1869
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I was down .6 Tuesday night -- that makes 3.2 lbs to go before my mid-April trip to WDW. Can I do it? Easter is coming and that will be a big eating day.

Last week I discovered that a local shop sells white-iced cinnamon rolls that would put the rolls at Main St. Bakery or Starring Rolls to shame. I stayed within points each day that I had one -- but I had 3! Oh, they were sooo good. Yesterday dh wanted to buy more and I drove straight past the shop. No way am I going in there . . . until May.

When will you be down there?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #1870
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran

I had my weigh in last night and I lost 1.2. It was pretty funny because there were 4 of us sitting at the same table and we all lost exactly 1.2!
Disneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #1871
robinb
DIS Veteran

I skipped WI yesterday because I had to take my DD to an orthodontist appointment. My old leader who quit WW for another opportunity that didn't pan out came back and one of her new meetings was today so I went to it. I realized how much I missed her! Unfortunately, the other leaders moved into the "good" meeting times and I'm not 100% thrilled with a Thursday morning WI. I used to cheat a lot when I weighed in on Fridays and I am afraid I might do the same with a Thursday WI. BUT ... I "knew" everyone at the meeting. There were only 9 of us with at least two Lifetime members and one of which was on the Oprah show last year ... he was the one who said his *ahem* male anatomy was bigger after he lost 100+ lbs . I really like Dawn so I'll give Thursdays a try.

Anyway ... I was down 1.4 lbs. I think that some of it was my clothes. I had on a pair of sweatpants instead of my regular jeans. BUT, the difference in clothes is NOT that much so I still lost .
Old 03-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #1872
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day again! Down 4.4 pounds this week, 113.4 overall!
Wowsa! Good for you!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #1873
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb123 View Post
You always have the option to go to your meeting and skip the weigh in. Knowing that helped me get over my scale anxiety. I could go to the meeting, not feel like a loser (or gainer, in reality) and still get the mental boost from attending the meeting.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #1874
tth5454
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone. I started WW in Jaunary. I'm down 20 lbs and hope to lose 30 more before we go on our second Disney Cruise
tth5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #1875
tth5454
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8
It's weigh-in day again! Down 4.4 pounds this week, 113.4 overall!
That's awesome! Way to go.
tth5454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: