Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #1846
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb123 View Post
hey all! I weighed in yesterday and was down 3.6 pounds! Yay!!
Awesome job!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslynb View Post
First weigh in - down .2. Trying not to be upset, since (a) it's TOM and I am super bloated and (b) it doesn't really matter b/c this (ww) is for the rest of my life.

Even so, yeah. Bummed.
.2 is still a loss, and during TOM that's a down right success!! Celebrate every smidge you loose, it all counts!!
Disneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1847
tubachick
DIS Veteran
Official DIS "good thread" popcorn supplier

Good morning everyone. I worked hard this week but the scale only have -.2 for me at today's WI. I still am trudging along with my new lifestyle. Trying to swap out healthier foods in my recipes and keep my activity higher. Can't wait for this snow and ice to melt to get outside some more. Have a good week everyone!
POP 10/12**CR 5/12**POP 2/12**POP 10/11**POP 7/11**POP 3/11**WL 1/11**WL 12/10**POP 10/10**CR 08/10**CSR 07/10** POP 05/10**POP 02/10 ** WL 11/09**WL 08/09**POP 06/09**POP 03/09** ASM 1/09**YC 8/08**ASM 4/08 **ASM 10/07**WL 9/07**DL/PP 4/2007**DCL 3/2007 ** CBR 3/2007**YC 8/2006**CBR 3/2006**CR 8/2005 ** WL (Honeymoon Suite)2/2005**WL(DISNEYMOON Concierge level) 4/2003**ASM 12/2000**ALS 1/2001
LAST! IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom
tubachick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #1848
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Down 2.6 this week. Almost half way down the 6 that I gained.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #1849
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

A .2 lost is a LOSS! And think of it this way -- if you'd had a nice visit to the restroom just before the meeting, your loss might have been closer to .8 -- it is amazing what a difference that can make. So hang in there because .2 this week could mean a bigger-than-expected loss next week.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #1850
Jeslynb
Mouseketeer

Thanks, everyone. Nothing to do but keep on keeping on.
Jeslynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #1851
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
A .2 lost is a LOSS! And think of it this way -- if you'd had a nice visit to the restroom just before the meeting, your loss might have been closer to .8 -- it is amazing what a difference that can make.
So true.

Poor DH had to go to a meeting that's 1.5 hours before our usual meeting yesterday, and he was .2 UP. Well first he was wearing different shorts than he normally does, and they weigh more than his normal ones (when you are still sensitive to little ups and downs, IMO it's important to wear the same thing for as long as you can! and he's sensitive, so I don't know why he did that). And then it was 1.5 hours earlier than normal, in the morning...he probably would have had a loss if he'd weighed in at the normal time. And now he's off on a work trip to somewhere he has never been before and doesn't know what sort of food he'll be able to have!

As for me, I had another loss, and this stuff is getting REAL. I'm not sure the 19+ pounds to go in my ticker will be correct though...trying to look at myself honestly I think I might end up losing more than that. Trying to estimate how much extra weight is in each body part is amusing. "how many pounds is the stomach squish that's still here? how much is this extra thigh fat? will my rear get even flatter and if so how many ounces will that take off?" Strange little conversations I have in my head... The leaders at my center want an honest goal, one where we will be *comfortable* and not struggling to maintain for the rest of our lives (as my former leader says, after all, "we're here until we die!"), but they also want us to do the 6-weeks-to-hit-Lifetime as true maintenance, so we know how to maintain.

It's going to be an interesting period of time, that's for sure!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #1852
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

It's weigh-in day again! Down 4.4 pounds this week, 113.4 overall!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #1853
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Larry's been done. Laird is refreshing!
I always thought it was my farsighted left eye that did me in
Knows about bone folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day again! Down 4.4 pounds this week, 113.4 overall!
Holy cow! You are a powerhouse of amazing. Do you eat your AP/WPs?

I have decided that I'm going to move to the Saturday morning meeting. I *really* wanted to avoid doing it, but this town has very very few meetings and there are no times that really work for me.

Anyway, do any of you know how to change my meeting/weigh in day? I can't seem to find it on the site.
ETA: I figured this out...I hope Sat works for me but am not looking forward to this 'time' as a weigh in. After school gets out in 9 weeks, I'll probably go back to Tuesday evenings because the University gym won't have classes in the evenings...well, maybe they will, but I'll want my weekends with the kiddos.

Last edited by Briarmom; 03-11-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Briarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #1854
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

I've found that working out is really helping my weight loss goals. I've also invested in true weight app. You have to weigh yourself everyday, but it smooths out the ups and downs.

Unfortunately, my "true weight" has been trending two pounds heavier than my actual weight.

Almost at the 10 pound mark, and it's been about 2 months. Well, a month and a half. I know I've dropped weight, but I don't feel any skinnier.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #1855
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Larry's been done. Laird is refreshing!
I always thought it was my farsighted left eye that did me in
Knows about bone folders

I did day 1 of the couch to 5K today. In 30 min I hit 2 miles between walking and jogging.
According to the activelink, I earned 0 points and am only at 47% of my goal for the day.

This week I went to a Zumba class and earned 3 points.
If this is accurate, that's fine, but if it is, the guide in the book they give us sure is off. WAY off.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #1856
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarmom

Holy cow! You are a powerhouse of amazing. Do you eat your AP/WPs?

I have decided that I'm going to move to the Saturday morning meeting. I *really* wanted to avoid doing it, but this town has very very few meetings and there are no times that really work for me.

Anyway, do any of you know how to change my meeting/weigh in day? I can't seem to find it on the site.
I never used to eat my activity points, but I have drastically increased my exercise and started running, so I need to eat more. I usually use no more than half, and I never use my WPs. It is different for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711
I've found that working out is really helping my weight loss goals. I've also invested in true weight app. You have to weigh yourself everyday, but it smooths out the ups and downs.

Unfortunately, my "true weight" has been trending two pounds heavier than my actual weight.

Almost at the 10 pound mark, and it's been about 2 months. Well, a month and a half. I know I've dropped weight, but I don't feel any skinnier.
All of a sudden, it will be like bam! You will feel skinnier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarmom
I did day 1 of the couch to 5K today. In 30 min I hit 2 miles between walking and jogging.
According to the activelink, I earned 0 points and am only at 47% of my goal for the day.

This week I went to a Zumba class and earned 3 points.
If this is accurate, that's fine, but if it is, the guide in the book they give us sure is off. WAY off.
Interesting. I fail to see how running/walking for 2 miles is 0. I use a heart rate monitor and go by my calorie burn.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #1857
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Went shopping today. Didn't buy anything but XL is TOO BIG! It's been at least 25 years since I've been able to say that!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #1858
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Went shopping today. Didn't buy anything but XL is TOO BIG! It's been at least 25 years since I've been able to say that!
Isn't that the best feeling in the world?

I am buying more and more clothes in the "regular" section and it feels great!!

Congrats.c

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #1859
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
So true.

Poor DH had to go to a meeting that's 1.5 hours before our usual meeting yesterday, and he was .2 UP. Well first he was wearing different shorts than he normally does, and they weigh more than his normal ones (when you are still sensitive to little ups and downs, IMO it's important to wear the same thing for as long as you can! and he's sensitive, so I don't know why he did that). And then it was 1.5 hours earlier than normal, in the morning...he probably would have had a loss if he'd weighed in at the normal time. And now he's off on a work trip to somewhere he has never been before and doesn't know what sort of food he'll be able to have!

As for me, I had another loss, and this stuff is getting REAL. I'm not sure the 19+ pounds to go in my ticker will be correct though...trying to look at myself honestly I think I might end up losing more than that. Trying to estimate how much extra weight is in each body part is amusing. "how many pounds is the stomach squish that's still here? how much is this extra thigh fat? will my rear get even flatter and if so how many ounces will that take off?" Strange little conversations I have in my head... The leaders at my center want an honest goal, one where we will be *comfortable* and not struggling to maintain for the rest of our lives (as my former leader says, after all, "we're here until we die!"), but they also want us to do the 6-weeks-to-hit-Lifetime as true maintenance, so we know how to maintain.

It's going to be an interesting period of time, that's for sure!
Congrats on your loss this week!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #1860
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

It's WI day! I gained 0.2 pounds. I'm up this week. Must be all that overeating over the weekend, we had a busy one and I am still struggling with controling my portions when out to restaurants.

Anybody have any tips?

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: