Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #1711
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Do you work at the state police station where the gym is? I would guess that they are less "judgey" than just involved in their own workouts and not particularly welcoming. I know it's hard to be out of shape and work out with people who are very fit, but it's NOT about them. It's about YOU. I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid them.
Yes, what she said! It is likely that people aren't judging you as much as you think. They are too caught up in their own stuff. If they are judging you, who cares! These are not the opinions that should be important to you anyway!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #1712
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I need some online tutoring. I've forgotten how to update measurements online. I keep clicking, but it's for editing or deleting what I've got in there previously. I want to add new measurements to see if there's been a change. How do I do that?
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #1713
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I need some online tutoring. I've forgotten how to update measurements online. I keep clicking, but it's for editing or deleting what I've got in there previously. I want to add new measurements to see if there's been a change. How do I do that?
You need to go to "Weight Tracker" then click on the "Table View" tab .
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #1714
robinb
DIS Veteran

I went to my meeting today. I have really upped my exercise quite a bit (8 APs 3 weeks ago, 16 APs 2 weeks ago, 32 APs last week). My goal is to do an average of 30-minutes per day. Anyway ... I gained weight last week from (I assume) water retention. So (hanging my head in shame) I skipped last week's meeting. I dragged myself to the meeting today and lo and behold! I lost .2 lbs! For someone who was expecting to GAIN, the measly .2 was fantastic! I am still hoping for a whooshie after my body stops holding onto water to repair my muscles. BUT ... that tiny little .2 has me motivated to keep on working out and making my February Exercise Challenge!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #1715
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I went to my meeting today. I have really upped my exercise quite a bit (8 APs 3 weeks ago, 16 APs 2 weeks ago, 32 APs last week). My goal is to do an average of 30-minutes per day. Anyway ... I gained weight last week from (I assume) water retention. So (hanging my head in shame) I skipped last week's meeting. I dragged myself to the meeting today and lo and behold! I lost .2 lbs! For someone who was expecting to GAIN, the measly .2 was fantastic! I am still hoping for a whooshie after my body stops holding onto water to repair my muscles. BUT ... that tiny little .2 has me motivated to keep on working out and making my February Exercise Challenge!

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #1716
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Getting back...

I haven't been here since December! I cancelled my subscription to WW online in mid-December. I thought I could do it on my own, but I guess not. I have gained back 3 pounds. Not too bad for somoene who hasn't been tracking for almost 2 months.

I am getting back to WW Online. I have 30 pounds left to lose and I would like to lose it before the end of the year.

Congrats to everyone on their losses. And have a great week!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #1717
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney
I haven't been here since December! I cancelled my subscription to WW online in mid-December. I thought I could do it on my own, but I guess not. I have gained back 3 pounds. Not too bad for somoene who hasn't been tracking for almost 2 months.

I am getting back to WW Online. I have 30 pounds left to lose and I would like to lose it before the end of the year.

Welcome back!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #1718
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieluvsDisney View Post

I think you need to pat yourself on the back! Not only did you gain ONLY 3 lbs (heck, some of us gained 3 lbs over Christmas while tracking) but you are back with WW and you have a very reasonable goal.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #1719
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
I think you need to pat yourself on the back! Not only did you gain ONLY 3 lbs (heck, some of us gained 3 lbs over Christmas while tracking) but you are back with WW and you have a very reasonable goal.
Thank you robinb!

I think I just got tired of counting points and tracking. But, I now realise that I need to count and track otherwise I just overeat. I really need to work on the overeating thing. It won't be easy to get back on track, and to counting points but boards like this one really do help!

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #1720
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I was gone for a few days and I think I forgot to check in here on Tuesday after WI. Up .2 . Oh well. Next week is a new week.
pwdebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #1721
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I'm down!! Yay me, as London Tipton says.

My husband lost 25 pounds over summer. He credits it to tuna fish. He began eating a tuna fish sandwich for lunch each day and the weight began to come off. I laughed at him because of all the miracle whip (regular not low fat) he puts in his tuna. Well the laugh was on me. I found Jimmy Jon's tuna subs and I am addicted. Last week I stopped by twice and ate half a sub for lunch and the next day the other half, both times. My weight dropped too, and they use real mayo not low fat either. According to the weight tracker a Totally Tuna on french bread is 18 points. So I'm glad I stretched it out over 2 days, but I'm still surprised that after a 9 point sandwich I am seeing the numbers go down!

Ok, age and gravity are making the weight loss this time around no fun. The elasticity of my skin is not cooperating this time around. It's not bouncing back into place, but sagging. It's very noticable when I am wearing short sleeves. And the wrinkles in my hands are very magnified. Yuck! I'm kicking myself for not maintaining the weight I had lost in 2008.

Quote:
Way to go on the increased exercise.

Quote:
You need to go to "Weight Tracker" then click on the "Table View" tab .
That was too easy, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I was gone for a few days and I think I forgot to check in here on Tuesday after WI. Up .2 . Oh well. Next week is a new week.
At least that's a very small amount to be up.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #1722
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

It's weigh-in day! I'm down 2 pounds, 106.4 total! My body finally let go of that weight. What a relief!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #1723
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
It's weigh-in day! I'm down 2 pounds, 106.4 total! My body finally let go of that weight. What a relief!
You are awesome!!!! You're almost there!!!
Speaking of which- I think I might be too?
How did you figure out your goal weight?

I'm still unsure about mine. I originally thought 150. it's the middle of the weight range for my height (I'm 5'9") so I figured it was a good number.

That's 20 lbs from now (I'm at 170 right now- the top # for my weight range is 169). However, I don't know if I should go that low to 150.

When I talk to other people (supportive ones!) they say that they think I have 10 lbs to go tops and that I look good now. I have an issue where my brain hasn't caught up to where I can see the weight loss entirely so it's hard for me to judge. I'm happy with my legs/hips/butt areas. My arms and middle section need toning in my opinion.

What do I do? How do I figure this out? When do I stop and just go lifetime?

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #1724
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative

You are awesome!!!! You're almost there!!!
Speaking of which- I think I might be too?
How did you figure out your goal weight?

I'm still unsure about mine. I originally thought 150. it's the middle of the weight range for my height (I'm 5'9") so I figured it was a good number.

That's 20 lbs from now (I'm at 170 right now- the top # for my weight range is 169). However, I don't know if I should go that low to 150.

When I talk to other people (supportive ones!) they say that they think I have 10 lbs to go tops and that I look good now. I have an issue where my brain hasn't caught up to where I can see the weight loss entirely so it's hard for me to judge. I'm happy with my legs/hips/butt areas. My arms and middle section need toning in my opinion.

What do I do? How do I figure this out? When do I stop and just go lifetime?
I picked the top of my weight range and I figure I will see how I feel when I'm there. I think I may want to go another 5-10 pounds below that. You just have to figure out what is right for you. People started asking me 30 or 40 pounds ago if I was almost done, so you have to figure it out for you. That all being said, I am an online member, so it isn't as big of a deal what goal weight I pick. There's no lifetime for me!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #1725
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

I just subscribe to WW online for another 6 months. I am actually excited to start. I started planning my first week and I am getting back into it slowly.

I will not WI on Wednesday, only next week when I officially start. I am glad to be back.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: