Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #151
StayCool
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYS
Posts: 514

I was down 3.6 yesterday. I was really surprised! I am doing my best to plan ahead, but still struggling on my nights that I have to work. I end up with a ton of daily points left over. So I'm doing not so great things just to use them up. I have to say they are tasty though! lol

My husband is still tagging along and has lost 4.8 pounds last week and hit his 5% goal. He doesn't like having to plan ahead for food, but since he is losing that is helping him stick with me. Plus the food we are eating tastes good so that helps.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #152
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,071

For the first time since I joined in March, someone reached goal. I was beginning to wonder if everyone quit before they got there. It was encouraging to actually see someone who made it all the way.

As for me, down an even pound.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #153
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran
 
CdnBuzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
For the first time since I joined in March, someone reached goal. I was beginning to wonder if everyone quit before they got there. It was encouraging to actually see someone who made it all the way.

As for me, down an even pound.
Unfortunately, lots of members do quit before they reach goal but many of them also quit after they reach goal or right after they become lifetime. They think that because they've gotten themselves where they want to be, they dont need Weight Watchers in their lives anymore and go back to the old habits.

I'm glad you were able to receive that encouragement in your meeting this week. I hope you continue to see that member regularly. People who reach goal / Lifetime can be such an inspiration to the members who are also hoping to get there.

Congratulations on your loss!
__________________
DH DS12 ME

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining

Last edited by CdnBuzzFan; 07-19-2012 at 11:32 AM.
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #154
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,071

Today I ate like a fat person. That's all I could think to describe my eating. I babysat for my dd (the one that goes to WW with me). I watched three of their four while they took the other one for some outpatient surgery. Morning snack for them was a pop tart. After putting three in the toaster, one changed their mind about flavor. So of course, I had to eat the rejected pop tart. Fixed something called "chicken fries" for lunch (never had them before). Now I know they are yummy. Don't know how many I ate. They also had chips -- the flavor I love, sour cream and onion, so of course I had some of them. Then I ate the Smart Ones meal I had brought with me and the WW ice cream toffee bar.

I learned two things today. (1) -- I can't believe I used to eat that way all the time. It wasn't worth it. And (2) -- I really really really admire my dd now for sticking with the program and losing over 40 lbs so far. At home, I just have myself and dh (who has lost about 80 lbs in the past three years and is very careful about what he eats). There she has four high metabolism kids and one high high high metabolism hubby to contend with.

Tomorrow was my planned use-the-49WPs day. Crab feast with our four "kids" -- they'll always be kids even though my baby is turning 30 this year.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #155
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

I saw this and think I am going to print it out and put it so I can see it everytime I step on the scale. I put too much stock into that stupid square I step on everyday and let it control how I feel. I know I shouldn't but I do. Just wanted to share with everyone else .

__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #156
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

Finally caught up on the thread . WELCOME to the Newbies. Again, I continue to be so impressed with everyone's weight loss. You guys are just rockin it out, Great job! I got back from vacation on June 24. Unfortunately I was up a lot from my goal weight. The first week back I watched but by night time I was snacking. However, got myself together and have been perfect last few weeks even on the weekends, which usually kill me. But I'm not losing those vacation lbs. trying to stay focused especially going into another weekend, ugh so frustrating.
__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #157
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran
 
CdnBuzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
Finally caught up on the thread . WELCOME to the Newbies. Again, I continue to be so impressed with everyone's weight loss. You guys are just rockin it out, Great job! I got back from vacation on June 24. Unfortunately I was up a lot from my goal weight. The first week back I watched but by night time I was snacking. However, got myself together and have been perfect last few weeks even on the weekends, which usually kill me. But I'm not losing those vacation lbs. trying to stay focused especially going into another weekend, ugh so frustrating.
Load up on Power Foods, Stephanie,and get out of the house between meals! You can survive this.
__________________
DH DS12 ME

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #158
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan

Load up on Power Foods, Stephanie,and get out of the house between meals! You can survive this.
Thanks Jess! Trying to get through this hump! Going to go to store today and stock up on some more power foods.
__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #159
StayCool
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYS
Posts: 514

Low on willpower today. I am craving cake! Now if I can just keep myself from making one... It doesn't help that it is chilly and rainy out so I'm stuck inside. lol
StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #160
Feckless
DIS Veteran
 
Feckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,124

New to this thread! I lost 50 pounds on WW back in 2006 (still about 20-30 pounds from goal, but felt good), and kept it off until about 2 years ago when it started to creep back on. Right now I'm about 10 pounds from my heaviest, and I feel horrible about it! My cholesterol is up, and I was stress eating. I have enough stress for 1,000 people so that meant I was eating ALOT. Saw some video from our latest Disney trip and it was eye opening to say the least.

So, here I am, halfway through my first week back on program. Last night was our School Council BBQ and I ate through most of my weekly extra points, but I recorded everything that went in my mouth and made much better choices - didn't eat the chips and snacks and didn't eat the EVIL COOKIES (made with Skor bar, butterscotch chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips and Ruffles chips!! OMG) I was pretty happy with myself. I usually find the first two weeks very hard for hunger, but I'm doing OK so far.

My motivation: I was running when I was lighter, and I want to get back at that. The most I ever ran was 6k. I also ran four 5k races (one so slowly that they would collect the route markers as I went past!!! Oh well, I figure I beat everyone home on the couch!!!). I needed some serious motivation, and I found it in my favourite place, Disney. I am aiming for the TOT 10 miler in September 2013. I figure if I get 20 pounds off then I can start running again (walking only until then, I don't want to tempt fate and get injured running too heavy) and start building up to that race.

Hoping to get some support and inspiration here!
__________________
Me (46) DH (47) DD (13) and DS (11)

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748


SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #161
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
New to this thread! I lost 50 pounds on WW back in 2006 (still about 20-30 pounds from goal, but felt good), and kept it off until about 2 years ago when it started to creep back on. Right now I'm about 10 pounds from my heaviest, and I feel horrible about it! My cholesterol is up, and I was stress eating. I have enough stress for 1,000 people so that meant I was eating ALOT. Saw some video from our latest Disney trip and it was eye opening to say the least.

So, here I am, halfway through my first week back on program. Last night was our School Council BBQ and I ate through most of my weekly extra points, but I recorded everything that went in my mouth and made much better choices - didn't eat the chips and snacks and didn't eat the EVIL COOKIES (made with Skor bar, butterscotch chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips and Ruffles chips!! OMG) I was pretty happy with myself. I usually find the first two weeks very hard for hunger, but I'm doing OK so far.

My motivation: I was running when I was lighter, and I want to get back at that. The most I ever ran was 6k. I also ran four 5k races (one so slowly that they would collect the route markers as I went past!!! Oh well, I figure I beat everyone home on the couch!!!). I needed some serious motivation, and I found it in my favourite place, Disney. I am aiming for the TOT 10 miler in September 2013. I figure if I get 20 pounds off then I can start running again (walking only until then, I don't want to tempt fate and get injured running too heavy) and start building up to that race.

Hoping to get some support and inspiration here!
Welcome aboard! I lost 60 pounds back in 1999 and regained it all back 4 years later. I have been struggling since. I just had DS in April and now I am back on the plan determined to get healthy so my son will have a mom. At least you wrote down everything. I am doing that more than I used so. Even if it means that I use all of my extra points. I guess that is what they are there for

I am trying to get back into shape and I signed up for the Disney World Half Marathon in January (a friend convinced me to do it). I am NOT a runner. We are going to walk/run it. But I am determined to finish it and get my medal! Good luck and I am sure you will be ready for the race.
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #162
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool
Low on willpower today. I am craving cake! Now if I can just keep myself from making one... It doesn't help that it is chilly and rainy out so I'm stuck inside. lol
Hang in there! You can do it, I'm havin the same feeling. Yesterday after I to took DD and her friends to the movies. I decided to treat them to a snack. Well, they wanted to go to Gigi's cupcakes. Google it they are a chain, VERY dangerous place. I can't believe I walked out of there without a bite. It was really hard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless
New to this thread! I lost 50 pounds on WW back in 2006 (still about 20-30 pounds from goal, but felt good), and kept it off until about 2 years ago when it started to creep back on. Right now I'm about 10 pounds from my heaviest, and I feel horrible about it! My cholesterol is up, and I was stress eating. I have enough stress for 1,000 people so that meant I was eating ALOT. Saw some video from our latest Disney trip and it was eye opening to say the least.

So, here I am, halfway through my first week back on program. Last night was our School Council BBQ and I ate through most of my weekly extra points, but I recorded everything that went in my mouth and made much better choices - didn't eat the chips and snacks and didn't eat the EVIL COOKIES (made with Skor bar, butterscotch chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips and Ruffles chips!! OMG) I was pretty happy with myself. I usually find the first two weeks very hard for hunger, but I'm doing OK so far.

My motivation: I was running when I was lighter, and I want to get back at that. The most I ever ran was 6k. I also ran four 5k races (one so slowly that they would collect the route markers as I went past!!! Oh well, I figure I beat everyone home on the couch!!!). I needed some serious motivation, and I found it in my favourite place, Disney. I am aiming for the TOT 10 miler in September 2013. I figure if I get 20 pounds off then I can start running again (walking only until then, I don't want to tempt fate and get injured running too heavy) and start building up to that race.

Hoping to get some support and inspiration here!
HELLO, I think for most of us this isn't our first go around with WW. Good luck and I agree take it slow getting back to running
__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #163
Love2Run
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48

I was so bad the last 3 days and didn't track. I went back to my old eating habits although it didn't hurt me as much as I thought. I lost .2 for the week. I think that because I kept up my exercise it helped me not to gain. I am re-motivated and back tracking today.

I really wonder why it is so hard for me to stick to the plan. I was doing really well and feeling great. Then I just decided to eat out and not count and that one meal turned into 2 1/2 days. This has always been my downfall. I really hope I get this figured out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
New to this thread! I lost 50 pounds on WW back in 2006 (still about 20-30 pounds from goal, but felt good), and kept it off until about 2 years ago when it started to creep back on. Right now I'm about 10 pounds from my heaviest, and I feel horrible about it! My cholesterol is up, and I was stress eating. I have enough stress for 1,000 people so that meant I was eating ALOT. Saw some video from our latest Disney trip and it was eye opening to say the least.

So, here I am, halfway through my first week back on program. Last night was our School Council BBQ and I ate through most of my weekly extra points, but I recorded everything that went in my mouth and made much better choices - didn't eat the chips and snacks and didn't eat the EVIL COOKIES (made with Skor bar, butterscotch chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips and Ruffles chips!! OMG) I was pretty happy with myself. I usually find the first two weeks very hard for hunger, but I'm doing OK so far.

My motivation: I was running when I was lighter, and I want to get back at that. The most I ever ran was 6k. I also ran four 5k races (one so slowly that they would collect the route markers as I went past!!! Oh well, I figure I beat everyone home on the couch!!!). I needed some serious motivation, and I found it in my favourite place, Disney. I am aiming for the TOT 10 miler in September 2013. I figure if I get 20 pounds off then I can start running again (walking only until then, I don't want to tempt fate and get injured running too heavy) and start building up to that race.

Hoping to get some support and inspiration here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Welcome aboard! I lost 60 pounds back in 1999 and regained it all back 4 years later. I have been struggling since. I just had DS in April and now I am back on the plan determined to get healthy so my son will have a mom. At least you wrote down everything. I am doing that more than I used so. Even if it means that I use all of my extra points. I guess that is what they are there for

I am trying to get back into shape and I signed up for the Disney World Half Marathon in January (a friend convinced me to do it). I am NOT a runner. We are going to walk/run it. But I am determined to finish it and get my medal! Good luck and I am sure you will be ready for the race.
It is nice to know there are other runners!!! You will enjoy the Disney races so much. Marathon weekend is great.
Love2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #164
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Run View Post
I was so bad the last 3 days and didn't track. I went back to my old eating habits although it didn't hurt me as much as I thought. I lost .2 for the week. I think that because I kept up my exercise it helped me not to gain. I am re-motivated and back tracking today.

I really wonder why it is so hard for me to stick to the plan. I was doing really well and feeling great. Then I just decided to eat out and not count and that one meal turned into 2 1/2 days. This has always been my downfall. I really hope I get this figured out now.
I had that problem a lot before I rejoined. I really think tracking is the key. I am doing better at it this time around since I now have a smart phone and I have the app.
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #165
StayCool
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYS
Posts: 514

[QUOTE="sjms71"]

Hang in there! You can do it, I'm havin the same feeling. Yesterday after I to took DD and her friends to the movies. I decided to treat them to a snack. Well, they wanted to go to Gigi's cupcakes. Google it they are a chain, VERY dangerous place. I can't believe I walked out of there without a bite. It was really hard.

I'm doing ok. Just fighting the urge. I have to go to work for a few hours so that will help me stop from snacking after dinner. I'm still tracking even though I don't want to so that's ok. I have two times a month I really crave sweets (more than normal!). During ovulation and right before AF. Gotta love being a woman!
__________________
Me DH DD13 DS11



StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: