Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #1561
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

I finally achieved my 25 pound weight loss! Now onto the next 25...
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #1562
StayCool
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYS
Posts: 488

So I've been avoiding the boards because I *know* I should be tracking again and exercising, but I haven't found the motivation. I finally went grocery shopping yesterday and reloaded my house with GOOD food, no junk.

Tonight is date night with hubby - dinner and a movie. Soooo, either tomorrow or Monday I will be *hopefully* restarting. I have a million excuses to delay and need to just get moving!

When I started back in July I had tons of motivation and was excited. Now I just feel tired. lol And a lot of that is because I'm not doing what I should. Ok, enough whining.
__________________
Me DH DD12 DS10



StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #1563
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
I finally achieved my 25 pound weight loss! Now onto the next 25...
Then this is just for you!


Congratulations!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #1564
cajunlace
First Time Visitor to WDW
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cajun Country Louisiana
Posts: 83

I have previouly lost weight with Weight Watchers and want to get back started again BUT all the books I have are for the old point system. Is there a way to convert new point and old points or whatever. I am going to do it on my help (with the help of friends) and not rejoin WW since I have all the old books.

Any help please
__________________
First Visit October 2008, October 2009, and we are going back!!
Overhearing my children talking is the reason we are going to WDW.
cajunlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #1565
MickeynMinnie
I'm BACK!!!
 
MickeynMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tonawanda Ny, (AKA Buffalo)
Posts: 1,869

Hi! My name is Kristy and I just joined WW today. My Sister-in-law and I joined together so hopefully we will be each other support system. I am hoping to loose around 75lbs. i know its not going to happen overnight, but excited to get the first week over with. Do any of the veterns have any tips for us newbies??? Thanks in advance!!
__________________
PLANNING SPRING 2014
MickeynMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #1566
MickeynMinnie
I'm BACK!!!
 
MickeynMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tonawanda Ny, (AKA Buffalo)
Posts: 1,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunlace View Post
I have previouly lost weight with Weight Watchers and want to get back started again BUT all the books I have are for the old point system. Is there a way to convert new point and old points or whatever. I am going to do it on my help (with the help of friends) and not rejoin WW since I have all the old books.

Any help please
From what the leader at the meeting told us today the old point system is out the door. she said throw anything thing away with the old points. Its no good with the points plus.
__________________
PLANNING SPRING 2014
MickeynMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #1567
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran
 
keahgirl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeynMinnie
Hi! My name is Kristy and I just joined WW today. My Sister-in-law and I joined together so hopefully we will be each other support system. I am hoping to loose around 75lbs. i know its not going to happen overnight, but excited to get the first week over with. Do any of the veterns have any tips for us newbies??? Thanks in advance!!
Hello and welcome! It is so important to have support and accountability, so you are off to a great start! My advice would be...

1. Track everything! If you can't find exact nutrition info for something, do your best to guess, but NEVER skip it. I have tracked at Disneyland, on a road trip, on Thanksgiving and Christmas!

2. Watch your portions. Weigh and measure everything. I actually carry a food scale in my purse!

3. Think of ways to put a healthy twist on foods you love. If you're stuck for ideas, Google "healthy [insert food name here]" and you will probably find something!

4. Move! Losing weight is more than just eating. Healthy eating and exercise go hand in hand!

5. Try to have fun with it! Yes, this can be fun if you let it be. Get creative with your eating and exercise!

We are here for you!
__________________
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #1568
Southerngirl71
Mouseketeer
 
Southerngirl71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 123

Sooooo frustrated. I joined a week ago and lost 1 lb. I tracked and worked extra hard in the gym. This is not my first time joining and all the other times I usually lost about 4 - 5 pounds the first week. I have never worked out this hard. One day I did over two hours of cardio. I walked briskly 4 miles before work and did a little over an hour on the eliptical after work. Two other days in the week I worked out for an hour each time. The leader is saying that I need to eat some of my activity points because I was very strict with only eating the daily points for the week. Hopefully next week will be better. It is hard to stay motivated when I am not seeing results. I know it is only week one but I just expected much more for how hard I worked.
__________________
Lori
Southerngirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #1569
PrincessToozie
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessToozie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 113

Hi everyone! I am new to this group and rejoined Weight Watchers last week. My short term goal is to lose 40 pounds by the spring....
Today was my first weigh in day and I lost 8.4 pounds!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and proud of myself!!! This week I am going to try and do some exercises to add to my plan!
__________________
Me, DH, DS17, 3DDogs
2009 ~ ASMu ~ Family Suites, 2008 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2008~Pop Century, 2006~Pop Century, 2005 ~ Pop Century, 2003~All Star Music, 1997~Wyndham Safari Hotel, 1980~Off Property
PrincessToozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #1570
christinascreative
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngirl71 View Post
Sooooo frustrated. I joined a week ago and lost 1 lb. I tracked and worked extra hard in the gym. This is not my first time joining and all the other times I usually lost about 4 - 5 pounds the first week. I have never worked out this hard. One day I did over two hours of cardio. I walked briskly 4 miles before work and did a little over an hour on the eliptical after work. Two other days in the week I worked out for an hour each time. The leader is saying that I need to eat some of my activity points because I was very strict with only eating the daily points for the week. Hopefully next week will be better. It is hard to stay motivated when I am not seeing results. I know it is only week one but I just expected much more for how hard I worked.
Hi there,

As someone going through a slow weight loss period on WW right now, I can feel your pain a little. I lost 1.2 this week. I think I lost 2 my first week. I was expecting 7.

What I've learned since I joined in May 2012 -- you just gotta keep working it. You'll lose more than if you didn't do anything for sure. On top of that, you could GAIN if you don't stay on program.

I know that seems like such a low goal to set, but what I've found is that consistency is key. Just keep going back- no matter what and you'll see results over time. I did Medifast before my wedding and lost 30 lbs in 8 weeks. I found 15 of those lbs alone on my 10 day honeymoon and eventually gained it all back and then some. Starvation / fad diets don't work forever.

With WW- before the holidays I was saying I lost 43.2. Today it's just 43 because I had a maintain week and a gain week and then a loss week. But I keep going back and I keep getting closer to my goal. I don't know when I'll reach my goal. Initially, when I started in May, I thought I'd be at goal by New Year's. Nope. But am I happier? YES! Am I in better shape/health? YES!

I might get to my goal by this May. Maybe not. One thing's for sure- I'll still be working the program. I'm in it for life. I can't go back.

Good luck this week- keep staying on track. Drink your water. Try to avoid lots of packaged/processed/salty food. Plan your spaces and pick some healthy routines. Focus on THOSE and you'll see results.

Know that you'll get little bits of happiness from your first 5 lbs, 5%, etc. Reach for those goals and be proud of every milestone. Sometimes doing it the hard way-- makes those milestones mean SO much more because you worked hard for it. Stay the course. Slow and steady FINISHES the race

I hope this helps you stay motivated! Hugs to you!!
__________________


[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #1571
Southerngirl71
Mouseketeer
 
Southerngirl71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 123

Thanks so much. It really does help to hear that others have had the same results and it is not just me. I literally felt like crying at the meeting and that is so not me. I have never worked so hard in a week to have such low results. I even got up at 4:30 in the morning to go to the gym before work. I think you are correct with the sodium. I love salt. I have to remember that just because a pickle is zero points it may not be my best choice.

I reallly have to do this for health reasons. I am 41 and my oldest sister (20 years older than me) just died from a stroke in November. I sat next to her bed for three days and nights straight as the doctors tried to save her and it was horrible to see her have to go through so much. I am already on blood pressure medicine and would love to be able to get off of it.

I weigh in on Saturday so lets hope that I see more than a 1lb loss. I walked 6 miles yesterday (I am doing the Princess half marathon in Feb) and tonight I am doing a spin class. I am not sure of the rest of my work out routine for the week but will hopefully get in another three hours before weigh in.
__________________
Lori
Southerngirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #1572
christinascreative
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngirl71 View Post
Thanks so much. It really does help to hear that others have had the same results and it is not just me. I literally felt like crying at the meeting and that is so not me. I have never worked so hard in a week to have such low results. I even got up at 4:30 in the morning to go to the gym before work. I think you are correct with the sodium. I love salt. I have to remember that just because a pickle is zero points it may not be my best choice.

I reallly have to do this for health reasons. I am 41 and my oldest sister (20 years older than me) just died from a stroke in November. I sat next to her bed for three days and nights straight as the doctors tried to save her and it was horrible to see her have to go through so much. I am already on blood pressure medicine and would love to be able to get off of it.

I weigh in on Saturday so lets hope that I see more than a 1lb loss. I walked 6 miles yesterday (I am doing the Princess half marathon in Feb) and tonight I am doing a spin class. I am not sure of the rest of my work out routine for the week but will hopefully get in another three hours before weigh in.
There are low sodium pickles out there And, I have heard (but haven't tried) that hot water with lemon helps get the sodium out if you think you've overdone it.
I understand the health reasons- I'm on the verge of getting off my PCOS medication (I'm on Metformin-most commonly used for high blood sugar/diabetes) because of staying with WW. It CAN be done and you WILL do it!
I'm doing the P 1/2 too- It's my first half marathon and I'm so excited! There is a fb group with some DIS'ers on it related to the P 1/2- you're welcome to join us here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/249640615143957/
There are walkers / runners / experienced and beginners. All in all - a very motivating bunch
__________________


[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #1573
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Hi there,

As someone going through a slow weight loss period on WW right now, I can feel your pain a little. I lost 1.2 this week. I think I lost 2 my first week. I was expecting 7.

What I've learned since I joined in May 2012 -- you just gotta keep working it. You'll lose more than if you didn't do anything for sure. On top of that, you could GAIN if you don't stay on program.

I know that seems like such a low goal to set, but what I've found is that consistency is key. Just keep going back- no matter what and you'll see results over time. I did Medifast before my wedding and lost 30 lbs in 8 weeks. I found 15 of those lbs alone on my 10 day honeymoon and eventually gained it all back and then some. Starvation / fad diets don't work forever.

With WW- before the holidays I was saying I lost 43.2. Today it's just 43 because I had a maintain week and a gain week and then a loss week. But I keep going back and I keep getting closer to my goal. I don't know when I'll reach my goal. Initially, when I started in May, I thought I'd be at goal by New Year's. Nope. But am I happier? YES! Am I in better shape/health? YES!

I might get to my goal by this May. Maybe not. One thing's for sure- I'll still be working the program. I'm in it for life. I can't go back.

Good luck this week- keep staying on track. Drink your water. Try to avoid lots of packaged/processed/salty food. Plan your spaces and pick some healthy routines. Focus on THOSE and you'll see results.

Know that you'll get little bits of happiness from your first 5 lbs, 5%, etc. Reach for those goals and be proud of every milestone. Sometimes doing it the hard way-- makes those milestones mean SO much more because you worked hard for it. Stay the course. Slow and steady FINISHES the race

I hope this helps you stay motivated! Hugs to you!!
Excellent!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #1574
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,857

Up two. But I know exactly why. Not enough will power and eating at the wrong places. Appetizers on New Years Eve and lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe where I got onion rings and a mushroom burger that was loaded with sauce. I guess I can consider myself lucky that it was only up 2.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #1575
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran
 
keahgirl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,500

I'm down 1.2 this week, 101.4 overall!
__________________
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: