Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #1516
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

1.2 pounds this week, 93.6 total!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #1517
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

May I join your group?

My name is Monica (age 45) and I hit rock bottom yesterday when I barely fit in the seat on the airplane. I've done WW twice, losing 50 pounds of pregnancy weight each time. But that was 10 years ago and now I'm more uncomfortable than ever. I have no desire to be a skinny-Minnie(pun intended), I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I want to get out of bed in the morning and not be in pain. So I'm re-joining WW, and would love to join this group for more support.

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #1518
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
1.2 pounds this week, 93.6 total!
You are amazing!! You're almost there and fyi- SUCH an inspiration
Please keep sharing-- you rock!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
May I join your group?

My name is Monica (age 45) and I hit rock bottom yesterday when I barely fit in the seat on the airplane. I've done WW twice, losing 50 pounds of pregnancy weight each time. But that was 10 years ago and now I'm more uncomfortable than ever. I have no desire to be a skinny-Minnie(pun intended), I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I want to get out of bed in the morning and not be in pain. So I'm re-joining WW, and would love to join this group for more support.
You are totally welcome here, Monica! It's been a little quiet lately but please share here! This group has helped me so much since I joined. We all have different rock bottom. Mine was being diagnosed with PCOS but also realizing that riding rides at Disney or other amusement parks with my niece was getting tougher depending on how you're strapped in. So I totally feel you there. You WILL get there though Just stick with it, and use us to lean on!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #1519
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

Quote:
May I join your group?

Welcome! I think you will find a group of like-minded people here. I think many of us can identify with the rock bottom thing. I signed up for WW in September and its been such a big help. You can do it!!
Daisybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #1520
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
May I join your group?

Welcome! I just joined the other week.

Update:
Last week was HORRIBLE! So stressed and ate my stress. Working on being better this week. Just made a healthy breakfast sandwich, so I am off to a good start. Have a good on points week!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 1 year old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #1521
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
Welcome! I just joined the other week.

Update:
Last week was HORRIBLE! So stressed and ate my stress. Working on being better this week. Just made a healthy breakfast sandwich, so I am off to a good start. Have a good on points week!
Bummer on the bad week . Way to pick yourself up and brush yourself off .
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #1522
Daisybelle

I don't know if any of you have Weight Watchers on Facebook or not, but they posted an inspiring and AMAZING video from a corporate meeting they had recently. A leader from NY told her story of losing 300 pounds. It's the perfect kick in the pants this time of year!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #1523
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
I don't know if any of you have Weight Watchers on Facebook or not, but they posted an inspiring and AMAZING video from a corporate meeting they had recently. A leader from NY told her story of losing 300 pounds. It's the perfect kick in the pants this time of year!
Thank you so much for mentioning that! I missed this and I'll tell you, I really needed to see it. I won't look at my arm flaps (I think that's what she called them) the same way ever again.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #1524
MellieluvsDisney
I love Orlando

Quote:
May I join your group?

September 2008: WDW / All Star Movies - September 2009: WDW / Pop Century - September 2010: WDW / Pop Century - September 2011: Eastern Caribbean on the Disney Magic - September 2012: Western Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy

MellieluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #1525
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal
May I join your group?

Welcome, welcome! You can do it, girl! I bet if we were to do a poll, we'd find out many of us are not on our first attempt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative
You are amazing!! You're almost there and fyi- SUCH an inspiration
Please keep sharing-- you rock!!
Thank you so much! It is my pleasure to share!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #1526
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
I can't find that video, but there's a woman at my meeting location who lost 300 lbs, too. She's amazing, and teaches Zumba at the Y I go to. She's on the WW message boards, and if you google "wendy weightwatchers tacoma" you can read about her. She also had a very simple blog that was mainly a weigh-in chart (I can't find it right now). It's SO motivating, because sometimes we get anxious about how long it's taking (especially when we haven't fully realized that this is truly forever...there's no "OK I'm done" moment with weight loss). She took 5 years to lose her weight. Just kept on going. Kept on losing. Over and over and over.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #1527
Daisybelle

That's what I found inspirational about that video. You have to change your mindset to accept that for most of us, this has to be a permanent lifestyle change and it may take awhile to lose what we need to lose and change negative habits, but just keep moving forward.

Or to tie it back to Disney....Just keep swimmin'...
Old 12-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #1528
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Hey WW Friends--

How is everyone doing during this long Christmas weekend? We had one dinner with my family yesterday and go to DH's family's dinner tomorrow. I'm kind of glad my WI is on Wednesday; I think it will help me control things tomorrow.

We're having a gentle Christmas eve snow tonight. I'm going to try going for a run in the morning to get a good start on my day.

Merry Christmas!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #1529
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Forgot to post my weigh-in yesterday! Down 4 pounds, 97.6 overall!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #1530
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Forgot to post my weigh-in yesterday! Down 4 pounds, 97.6 overall!
Awesome! 100 is so close! What are you going to do to celebrate?

I had to weigh in on Monday (instead of Tuesday) and was down .4. I have to confess, for the last two days, I have eaten heartily. I used last weeks 49 points on Monday, then my new week started today (Tuesday) and I've already used a good bit of those 49 points. Generally, I rarely use those weekly points, but I decided that this holiday comes once a year and I was going to have all the foods I don't normally get. I did figure the points on my crab dip and it wasn't as bad as I expected. 3 pts per 1/4 cup serving. Oh so yummy! But a batch of it costs about $50, so it is definitely a once a year treat.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: