Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #136
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot
Lost .4! And finished Week 4 of my C25K program (I'd repeated Week 3). It feels so good AND so bad! My muscles are so happy to be running again (I am not built for walking, never have been), but they are so sore at the same time.

Looks like I went down a size at around 17 pounds. Or is it 1.5 sizes, if you started with a W at the end of the size, and moved to something without that W? I'm not sure. Now I'm 34 down and seem to be ready to move down another notch. The new-size pants I bought at Old Navy are getting as silly looking as the original size was. Especially since I bought them in the store, and therefore couldn't get short or petite. I was rolling them up twice, now it's three times. since they are the "perfect khaki" in the Diva cut, which is a serious boot cut, rolling them just looks silly on me IMO.

I did buy one size down in shorts, and tried on a bunch of other shorts and even some denim capris, and they all went on my body.

Is that experience surreal for anyone else? YOu get so used to your clothes being a certain size. A certain width, you know what I mean? And then you're picking up clothing that's less wide, and you just cannot believe that you're fitting into it, even as you're fitting into it? I'm having that "problem", big time.

And I wonder why I didn't have this much self-awareness on my way UP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8

Congratulations on the loss and finishing another week.

I lost 2.8 this week. I was up .6 last week, so I relost that and then some! I had to put my C25K on hold for a couple of weeks. With DH's job I have no one to watch the baby when I go to the gym. But I have been mall walking at lunch. i think I have been getting two miles in each day.
Great job to both of you!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #137
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Congratulations on the loss and finishing another week.

I lost 2.8 this week. I was up .6 last week, so I relost that and then some! I had to put my C25K on hold for a couple of weeks. With DH's job I have no one to watch the baby when I go to the gym. But I have been mall walking at lunch. i think I have been getting two miles in each day.
Congrats on the fabulous loss! Sorry about the running delay, but that's a good reason.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #138
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Congrats on the fabulous loss! Sorry about the running delay, but that's a good reason.
He is a very good reason! But I am doing the half marathon at WDW in January. So I hope I will be ready!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #139
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot
Lost .4! And finished Week 4 of my C25K program (I'd repeated Week 3). It feels so good AND so bad! My muscles are so happy to be running again (I am not built for walking, never have been), but they are so sore at the same time.

Looks like I went down a size at around 17 pounds. Or is it 1.5 sizes, if you started with a W at the end of the size, and moved to something without that W? I'm not sure. Now I'm 34 down and seem to be ready to move down another notch. The new-size pants I bought at Old Navy are getting as silly looking as the original size was. Especially since I bought them in the store, and therefore couldn't get short or petite. I was rolling them up twice, now it's three times. since they are the "perfect khaki" in the Diva cut, which is a serious boot cut, rolling them just looks silly on me IMO.

I did buy one size down in shorts, and tried on a bunch of other shorts and even some denim capris, and they all went on my body.

Is that experience surreal for anyone else? YOu get so used to your clothes being a certain size. A certain width, you know what I mean? And then you're picking up clothing that's less wide, and you just cannot believe that you're fitting into it, even as you're fitting into it? I'm having that "problem", big time.

And I wonder why I didn't have this much self-awareness on my way UP!
Congrats on the loss and finishing week 4!

I definitely know what you mean!. I used to hold up a pair of pants and say, "There's no way I am that big," then it would turn out that I was. Now I say, "There's no way I'm that small!" but I am! I guess it is the same "problem" only in reverse!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #140
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Congrats on the loss and finishing week 4!

I definitely know what you mean!. I used to hold up a pair of pants and say, "There's no way I am that big," then it would turn out that I was. Now I say, "There's no way I'm that small!" but I am! I guess it is the same "problem" only in reverse!
If we have to have problems, then this is one I don't mind at all.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #141
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

Exactly!

Weigh-in day...down 1.4 pounds, 57 pounds overall!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #142
Love2Run
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone. I just signed up for weight watchers online 10 days ago. I wish I could go to the meetings but I live in a remote area and the nearest meeting is 30 minutes away. My first week went well. I lost 4 lbs but I'm sure that is mainly water weight. I have a couple questions.

1. How many of you eat you weekly points? I feel guilty if I eat them but am finding it hard eat enough through the day and all the good health guide lines with only 26 pts a day.

2. Do you eat your exercise points and still lose weight?

3. How much fruit is "built in to the plan?". I love fruit and think I may eat to much.

4. How often do you weigh? Do you wait until the weekly meeting or are you on it several times a day? I find that I am addicted to the scale getting on morning noon and night.

Thanks so much. I'm really excited to lose the weight. I'm run the tower of terror 10k in late sept and the Disney marathon in January. I would love to wear a cute running skirt and not feel uncomfortable
Love2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #143
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Run View Post
Hey everyone. I just signed up for weight watchers online 10 days ago. I wish I could go to the meetings but I live in a remote area and the nearest meeting is 30 minutes away. My first week went well. I lost 4 lbs but I'm sure that is mainly water weight. I have a couple questions.

1. How many of you eat you weekly points? I feel guilty if I eat them but am finding it hard eat enough through the day and all the good health guide lines with only 26 pts a day.

3. How much fruit is "built in to the plan?". I love fruit and think I may eat to much.

4. How often do you weigh? Do you wait until the weekly meeting or are you on it several times a day? I find that I am addicted to the scale getting on morning noon and night.

Thanks so much. I'm really excited to lose the weight. I'm run the tower of terror 10k in late sept and the Disney marathon in January. I would love to wear a cute running skirt and not feel uncomfortable
Hi! Congratulations on a great first week.

Here are my answers to your questions...
1) I absolutely do eat every one of my 49 weekly points. You dont have to; they're there if you need them and it sounds as though you may need them.

2) I rarely earn any activity points but when I do, I do not eat them.

3) I'm not sure how much fruit is built in but Canada's Food Guide says that women between 19 and 50 years of age should have between 7-9 servings of fruits AND vegetables per day. I would try to get at least half of the servings from veggies.

4) Confirmed scale addict!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #144
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

1. I just found out (after what, 18 weeks on the program?) that I could tell the tracker to take from my activity points first instead of from the weekly points. I had not been eating my weekly points for the most part -- saving them for the big splurge meals that I know I can't avoid (like our son's birthday crab feast this Friday). But once my points got down to 27, I did find myself eating a few of the WP each week. Then my dd told me that I could tell the tracker to take from my APs first so that's what I'm doing now and still saving those WP for the big "obligation" meals.

2. See above.

3. I don't know about the fruit. I do not like many fruits or vegetables so eating them at all is an effort for me. I force myself to buy them because I know that I will eat them just to avoid having wasted the money.

4. I weigh myself every morning, first thing in the a.m. just before I step into the shower. That way I can see how I am doing throughout the week. I ate lunch at Applebees yesterday (French onion soup, 7 points, and half of a chicken fajita rollup, 9 shocking points) but stayed within my points for the day but this morning I weighed 2 lbs more than yesterday morning -- and today is my weigh in day. Definitely not happy about this but maybe I can drink it all out of me before the meeting tonight.

I am surprised that with just starting you only have 26 points. That's the lowest the daily points go, to my understanding. Good for you doing those races! Maybe you can post pics of you and your cute running skirt after the 10K. We'd love to see it.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #145
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi,OP....I'm a newbie at WW, too; however, luckily I can easily get to the meetings. I started with 27 pts per day but am at 26 right now.

I don't eat my exercise points--but it's early in the game for me so that could change.

The fruit allowance is built in to encourage healthier choices for snacks--since there ARE calories in fruit, I think you have to be mindful of how much you are consuming---my challenge is portion control

I put my scale away. I weigh once a week at the same time @ the meeting. I used to be consumed by the scale but it didn't serve any good purpose for me to always be checking. The weekly weigh in is less stressful for me.

The first week I lost 8.4 lbs. I was amazed cause I really didn't feel deprived on the WW plan. I have a total of 55 lbs. to lose and think I can make this work for me.

Good luck, OP
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #146
Love2Run
Earning My Ears

I think my points are fairly low because I am short. So my weight might seem low to someone 5'8 but for my height I am overweight.

I have to say I love the weight watchers program. It works well with my personality. I am a perfectionist and when ever I had tried to diet in the past I would end up feeling guilty if I ate a treat or something not "healthy." With the points system I have found it helps me to stay balanced and not go to the extreme that I could never keep up with for the long run.

I find this forum to be a big inspiration.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #147
Love2Run
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
Hi,OP....I'm a newbie at WW, too; however, luckily I can easily get to the meetings. I started with 27 pts per day but am at 26 right now.

I don't eat my exercise points--but it's early in the game for me so that could change.

The fruit allowance is built in to encourage healthier choices for snacks--since there ARE calories in fruit, I think you have to be mindful of how much you are consuming---my challenge is portion control

I put my scale away. I weigh once a week at the same time @ the meeting. I used to be consumed by the scale but it didn't serve any good purpose for me to always be checking. The weekly weigh in is less stressful for me.

The first week I lost 8.4 lbs. I was amazed cause I really didn't feel deprived on the WW plan. I have a total of 55 lbs. to lose and think I can make this work for me.

Good luck, OP
Wow 8.4 lbs! That is great.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #148
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

I am surprised that with just starting you only have 26 points. That's the lowest the daily points go, to my understanding.
Yep, it's the lowest! I hit 26 points when I got to 190, so it'll be the same all the way down to my goal of 135.

Quote:

I started using Weeklies pretty early on. I still lost, and, in fact, felt I lost "better". Even though that can't really be proven, at the very least, I FEEL better, not deprived at all! I mean, sure, sometimes I have to make choices that are different (like at Disneyland yesterday I had the fruit plate for breakfast instead of the french toast that DS got...I did eat a bit of french toast from DS's plate, but OMG that fruit plate was so good!), but I don't feel *deprived*.

I've started using exercise points. The last 4 weeks has been my experiment, and IMO it worked. I eat all APs (I take them before Weeklies, and I have it set to only eat them on the day I earned them) and as many Weeklies as I can stand. And I'm still losing.

Fruit: for those under 350 lbs, the *minimum* we are supposed to hit is 5 servings of fruits/veggies. If you are over 350, then it's 9 servings. A serving is 1 cup of leafy greens, and 1/2 of anything else. Most of them are 0 points, but even if you eat a pointy fruit/veggie (avocado, pea, corn, parsnip, etc) you can still count it as a fruit/veggie serving. You're supposed to eat them to satisfaction (don't binge), and don't let them get in the way of eating your points!

At the beginning, I weighed at WI ONLY. Then I would weigh on the home scale immediately before leaving for WI. Now I don't get emotional about the number (unlike my husband, who should not step on the scale other than WI), so I'll sometimes amuse myself by weighing all through the day. I think it's funny to watch the scale go up through the day, though sometimes when I've had a series of really good workouts and my body is working on losing the fat, I've seen it go down through a day. (that last bit is super-cool and also very weird!)

But I wouldn't do that if I was going to have ANY emotional reaction (other than amusement) about the numbers. And, once I'm at goal, I know I will *have to* weigh every day, so I can nip problems in the bud, rather than ignore them (or worse, eat b/c of being depressed about gaining a little) like I did for 2 decades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
So so true.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #149
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

I maintained this week. Not happy about it but at least I'm not up. I think that with all this wonderful summer fruit that's so readily available in the grocery store (especially the cherries!) I've increased my fruit intake. I guess I'll have to be a little more careful this week.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #150
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
I maintained this week. Not happy about it but at least I'm not up. I think that with all this wonderful summer fruit that's so readily available in the grocery store (especially the cherries!) I've increased my fruit intake. I guess I'll have to be a little more careful this week.
That is a great attitude! I agree with you, it is better to maintain than to gain. I get excited over a .2 loss.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: