Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 03:37 AM   #46
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Wow - what a day you had! I would have left that hotel too I'm so glad you got a reservation just in time as your phone died - what pixie dust you had!

I have always wanted to move near WDW and am so happy you are sharing your adventure with us

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #47
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post

Toto, we're not in Disney anymore.
Sorry I am so late to the party Deena. I am glad you ended up at Movies we stayed twice at Mighty Ducks! Loved it!!! Yay for the refund..bet that happens a lot there...

LOVE the view from Fulton's
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #48
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

LOL about the lobster! They are a bit hard to handle...and messy!! Glad you were all settled in at Movies!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #49
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

What a first day. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip
Old 06-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #50
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

That was quite a first day....but how nice you could hop a bus to DTD, enjoy some times there and then back on the bus to ASMo...even with a little extra UNentertainment! I'm surprised the driver didn't say something - it used to that such behavior would never be tolerated. I sure would have wanted to say something, but of course, wouldn't.

All in all, it turned out to be a pretty good rest of the day...but only because it ended at Disney!

Looking forward to hearing all about the next day's app'ts!

Old 06-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #51
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I want to eat at Fulton's someday but also do not like my food to be looking at me. Can not wait to read more.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 06-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #52
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my!! What an adventure for your first day! I'm glad it all worked out but I would have had a melt down. That's funny that you had WDW room reservations phone # memorized.

I can totally relate to your secret stash of $ that DH doesn't know about... I had that until I had to spill my guts. Now I've just moved it to another hiding place!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #53
Reberella
Mouseketeer

Wow! That was a very uh... interesting... first day! I would've left too that hotel too... just hearing about it gives me the creeps!

Old 06-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #54
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

I'm on the edge of my seat reading this TR because it's ALWAYS been my secret fantasy to be able to move to Orlando and have WDW at my doorstep!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #55
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the trip report! So glad you got the heck out of Bates Motel, as KOOK called it over to your happy place, Disney! Laughed so hard about your lobster. I totally agree, I don't want my food to have eyes looking at me
Old 06-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #56
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

HOLY MOLY!

•I'm glad you got out of that place (and a refund!). Gross, gross. A possibly bed bug infestation would freak me out too. I don't think I could stay there either!
•I also cannot believe you checked in and stayed at a value resort! Glad you liked Movies, though!
•The Mighty Ducks room is pretty spiffy!
•That's a bummer about Fulton's...especially because you had to name your dinner.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #57
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm, can u not quote from the iPad app??

So I would have died if they set a whole lobster in front of me. Not sure I would know what to do with it! Can't wait to hear about the apts!

What is a mystery hat pin?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 07-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #58
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Wow...What a Day! I am onboard for more!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Old 07-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #59
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I want to eat at Fulton's someday but also do not like my food to be looking at me. Can not wait to read more.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #60
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Wow - what a day you had! I would have left that hotel too I'm so glad you got a reservation just in time as your phone died - what pixie dust you had!

I have always wanted to move near WDW and am so happy you are sharing your adventure with us
I'm happy to be documenting it! I know that lots of it contemplate it every time we go. Every trip to and from MCO on Magical Express... I stare out the window wondering if I'm going to live at the complex that I can see from the highway. It's really happening, and I'm both nervous and excited at the same time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sorry I am so late to the party Deena. I am glad you ended up at Movies we stayed twice at Mighty Ducks! Loved it!!! Yay for the refund..bet that happens a lot there...

LOVE the view from Fulton's
Your tardiness is excused due to having a family that needs you I liked the refurb and the fact that it had a mini refrigerator now! I had actually read online that people still walked and DIDN'T get their money back. They must have known not to mess with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
LOL about the lobster! They are a bit hard to handle...and messy!! Glad you were all settled in at Movies!
Meeee too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
What a first day. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip
Next day coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
That was quite a first day....but how nice you could hop a bus to DTD, enjoy some times there and then back on the bus to ASMo...even with a little extra UNentertainment! I'm surprised the driver didn't say something - it used to that such behavior would never be tolerated. I sure would have wanted to say something, but of course, wouldn't.

All in all, it turned out to be a pretty good rest of the day...but only because it ended at Disney!

Looking forward to hearing all about the next day's app'ts!
The bus was so full--he played the "sit down" recording about 3 times. It did nothing, so he gave up. After all the mess.... I went to bed smiling because I was in Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Well stick with the tails and the crab legs DH had the seafood sampler last month and raved about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh my!! What an adventure for your first day! I'm glad it all worked out but I would have had a melt down. That's funny that you had WDW room reservations phone # memorized.

I can totally relate to your secret stash of $ that DH doesn't know about... I had that until I had to spill my guts. Now I've just moved it to another hiding place!
Well... I think I was too nervous to have a meltdown, lol. My survival skills kicked in and I was running on adreniline. Lol--he went in my wallet to get the checkbook the other day, and saw I had a new stash building, lol. I quickly let him know that it was going toward the new mattress, and if he blew it, I would be on the floor I've had the number memorized since I would call from my previous work and I had to dial it. I miss that job since they got sold I could Dis and make calls all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Wow! That was a very uh... interesting... first day! I would've left too that hotel too... just hearing about it gives me the creeps!
Yepppp---creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
I'm on the edge of my seat reading this TR because it's ALWAYS been my secret fantasy to be able to move to Orlando and have WDW at my doorstep!
It's only a decision, and a "lets go!" away!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Enjoying the trip report! So glad you got the heck out of Bates Motel, as KOOK called it over to your happy place, Disney! Laughed so hard about your lobster. I totally agree, I don't want my food to have eyes looking at me
Lol---that fear goes wayyyyyyyy back to when my dad used to take me fishing. He knew I wasn't eating it unless the face was cut off, lol. I'm still a child when it comes to food, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
HOLY MOLY!

•I'm glad you got out of that place (and a refund!). Gross, gross. A possibly bed bug infestation would freak me out too. I don't think I could stay there either!
•I also cannot believe you checked in and stayed at a value resort! Glad you liked Movies, though!
•The Mighty Ducks room is pretty spiffy!
•That's a bummer about Fulton's...especially because you had to name your dinner.
Welcome to the party!!! First of all--I miss you a ton... why does life have to get busy after weddings?? I'm glad I got to check a value resort off my bucket list. The refurb is great right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Hmmmm, can u not quote from the iPad app??

So I would have died if they set a whole lobster in front of me. Not sure I would know what to do with it! Can't wait to hear about the apts!

What is a mystery hat pin?
I haven't 100% figured out my iPad... love it... just a little technology challenged. Lol--I wasn't 100% sure how to eat it either. The mystery hats are a new mystery set. I think there's 16 or 20 in the set. You get 5 in a bag. I got a bag last time, but just to trade. DH didn't tell me he wanted the whole set, and there I am trading them away Sooooooo I was given instructions to get more this time, lol.

..... I lost the post by Goldeelox????? WELCOME Glad you're here!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: