Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Joining it!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Deena!!

I'm in!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #18
luckylady
DIS Veteran

OHHH you left me hanging about the hotel. Hope you got a refurb. room.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Hi I'm joining in too.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Hi Denna! I am here and loving your TR!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #21
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

Another Deena TR.. 2 at the same time!

I can't wait to hear all about this trip! At least you found potential places, and that's all that matters!!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Can't wait to hear what you have to say about Mystic Dune.
I can't wait to tell you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Can not wait to read more. Love the names of the Apt. Complexes.
Some names were great... some were not, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
Oh lordy, coming from your FB update I know how this is going to shape up! I can't wait to follow along on this journey! I hope there is some good news to all of this!!!
Lol--Disbrides and Resort Changers already have spoilers, lol. I can't wait to elaborate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi! May I join in??
Yes ma'am!! All are welcome here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFTWbride2013 View Post
I'm dying to know what went wrong at the hotel. I can't believe you've never used a GPS! It would be terrible if they didn't have car chargers. Ours never leaves the car.

Can't wait for the next update!
Well... I am a creature of habit and still print out yahoo maps, lol. I knew it would be too hard this time and it was time to learn technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Can't wait to hear all about it!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
Joining in on the fun! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!
Hi Hannah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I'm here too! Going to back to catcxh up - cannot wait to read as it all unfolds!

Oh dear me...cliffhanger about the hotel....
Hi Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
Joining it!
Woo Hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Deena!!

I'm in!!
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
OHHH you left me hanging about the hotel. Hope you got a refurb. room.
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Hi I'm joining in too.
Hello Hello!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Hi Deena! I am here and loving your TR!
Yay you're here!! It's gonna be fun!!

Next installment in the works!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #23
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocmac View Post
Another Deena TR.. 2 at the same time!

I can't wait to hear all about this trip! At least you found potential places, and that's all that matters!!
You snuck in while I was multi-quoting!! There were times I wished you were with me while apartment hunting. I feel like you would have provided the comedic relief that I needed, lol. I'm too nice when I see something I don't like--I feel like you would have told it like it was
Old 06-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #24
jm-mom
Mouseketeer

Joining
Old 06-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #25
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Arriving at Mystic Dunes

I pull into the resort, and let the gentleman at the gate know that I'm checking in. From what I see, the resort looks nice--but it is huge! I assumed that check in would be at the front of the resort, but I had to drive further than expected until I found it.

I park and go in the building. The line was intense. There were 3 ladies working check in, and I was 11 families back in line. Two of the three people who were checking in were obviously having troubles after I tuned in and eavesdropped. I was bored in line. I couldn't play with my phone because the battery was almost dead. I watched the timeshare guy heckle a few guests into signing up for the tour, and just tried to take in my surroundings. The employees weren't very friendly, and it was clear....

Toto, we're not in Disney anymore.

Fast forward to my turn. Hi, I'm here to check in, my name is Deena (insert last name here). My girl was nice--not friendly, but nice. I gave her my license, and she was looking in the computer. I asked if I would be in a refurbished room. She said that she saw the request, but would have to look because I wasn't assigned one.

The reason the refurb was so important to me was because after a million bad reviews I read (after booking ), they all said that they would never return unless it was refurbished. Since everyone on the phone said I would have a refurbed room... I hadn't really worried about it.

The girl told me there wasn't any available, and I mentioned my conversations on the phone along with the info I had been given. She said she would get her manager to check availability and see what she could do.

The manager came out, I spoke with her, and she told me to have a seat while she checked. So I sat for 20 minutes before she returned to me. She said she had me taken care of, and I would have to re-stand-in-line to check in. I was 4 families back. This agitated me.

I know it may have been a bratty and petty situation--but I am very intolerant of paying for something and not getting what you are told.

So when I checked in, they gave me my room key and told me which building I was in. I asked about how to pay for internet, and the girl gave me the password and said she would comp it for my troubles. Awesome!!

So I drive up to the building and remember that I wanted to buy milk and bread at the shop--dangit, I'll get it later.

I park, grab my purse, and my giant suitcase from the trunk. I got up the elevator to the second floor, and made my way toward the room. There were some men out side of their rooms drinking in a cluster. They watched what I was doing, and where I was going--and I didn't love that.

I got into my room and took a look around. Kitchen--nicely refurbished... nice. Tile floors, with cracks and dirty grout---ewwwwwww. Okay, into the living room. The dusty fake flowers and the couch that looked like plastic were enough to know that I wouldn't be spending time in there. In to the bathroom. I wish I would have taken a picture of the amount of soap scum on the shower door--that's when I started to get really antsy. Again--gross tile floors.

From the time I entered, I could vividly hear the conversation of the people next to me, along with the screaming child. The adults were mearly talking and I could hear them--but boy, that child had a strong set of lungs.

On to the bedroom. The lampshade was almost knocked off, the jacuzzi tub was questionable at best, and the furniture was either extremely rustic--or extremely filthy. I was trying to imagine myself watching the giant tube TV there for the next 5 nights. I have never checked for bed bugs in any Disney hotel, but I tore this bed up, lol, like a psycho. So after about 7 minutes of inspection, listening to the neighbors and the child, and a few seconds of deliberation--I came to a conclusion. I'm not staying here.

I used the phone in the bedroom to call the front desk, and they told me that they were too busy to take calls and I needed to come to the front desk to talk to them. So I took my suitcase and purse back to the car, while being watched by the loitering bunch, and drove back to the main building. I again--waited in line to talk to the front desk. This was getting excessive. I told her that I am sorry, that it was far too noisy, too dirty, and I felt a little unsafe there. I knew it was a pre-paid/non-refundable room, but was there anything she could do, or could I talk to the manager? She said--no problem, I'll send it back to your card ending in XXXX. Simple as that? Yep. Okay, wow, I can't believe it was that easy to get my money back. Alrighty then.

I find myself back at my car, with my cell phone at 9%. Then it hits me--I'm homeless, not quite sure where I am, and my phone is gonna die. Oh my.

Well my lovlies... it's dinner time. I'm gonna leave you hanging--only because it's fun
Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #26
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oh Lordy!! You have me feeling eewww gross just reading that! Good for you girl high tailing it out of that place!

Yes, not a good thing to be watched by a cluster of strange, random, drinking men when you are alone...EVER! Okay, so I kind of know where you went, but can't wait for more details!!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #27
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hi Deena,

Loving the cliffhanger

Please come back and tell us where you decided to stay in the end!!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 06-29-2012, 05:40 AM   #28
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

and you just leave us.... wondering if you'll sleep in your car? I can't believe you!

Loving your report and love that it's a Life Report AND a Trip Report.

Congrats on your move, it will be so exciting! We just moved FROM FL to NC, but when we did, we bought DVC so we have a 'home' there still. Can't wait to hear your adventures.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #29
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Holy cow.... I'd have been outta that place just as fast!! Digusting! Amazing they just credited your card!

(p.s. All Disney resorts have had bedbugs so might want to give those beds a good check too...rooms have even been found to be infested...no idea how housekeeping misses that!)

Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #30
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm-mom View Post
Joining
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh Lordy!! You have me feeling eewww gross just reading that! Good for you girl high tailing it out of that place!

Yes, not a good thing to be watched by a cluster of strange, random, drinking men when you are alone...EVER! Okay, so I kind of know where you went, but can't wait for more details!!
Ever have that feeling that something "just" isn't right? Yeah--I felt it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi Deena,

Loving the cliffhanger

Please come back and tell us where you decided to stay in the end!!
Coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
and you just leave us.... wondering if you'll sleep in your car? I can't believe you!

Loving your report and love that it's a Life Report AND a Trip Report.

Congrats on your move, it will be so exciting! We just moved FROM FL to NC, but when we did, we bought DVC so we have a 'home' there still. Can't wait to hear your adventures.
Lol... my car served me well in camping days in my early 20s I was far more brave then than I am now. DVC is still in the back of our minds for GCV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Holy cow.... I'd have been outta that place just as fast!! Digusting! Amazing they just credited your card!

(p.s. All Disney resorts have had bedbugs so might want to give those beds a good check too...rooms have even been found to be infested...no idea how housekeeping misses that!)
Lol... Christine--you would have ran quicker than me out of there, lol. I know they all have had them--but for some reason, after looking around, I was certain they had to They didn't, but I still felt creepy and crawly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: