Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #31
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher
What a tired, sweet baby sleeping in her stroller!

Seems like you got quite a bit done that morning at MK. I love all the pics of baby Hannah oohing and aahing in IASW!
Aw, thank you! She was tuckered out already! One thing we learned was that Hannah can (and will) sleep whenever, and wherever, needed: strollers, back carriers, shoulders, rides, lines, you name it, she slept! Thank goodness!

We did knock quite a bit out, especially with H in tow! And we loved seeing her love IASW. I could have ridden it all day with her. Seeing her so happy, I don't think the music would have even gotten to me!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
cbcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #32
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Glad your DD did well on the way down!

Your first day you got a lot done and I love the pics of ur DD having a blast!

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #33
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

LOVE the pictures from your first day!! OMG! So overall she was a happy little baby? How did feeding go? Diapering? DETAILS! LOL

So wonderful to hear she would nap whereever, that is how Aria is now and I hope it continues, esp with the stroller. That's really great!

How was the separation anxiety? Aria doesn't have that yet. I will admit, I won't be TOO disappointed if she gets upset w/o me there. LOL
Old 07-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #34
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906
Glad your DD did well on the way down!

Your first day you got a lot done and I love the pics of ur DD having a blast!
Thanks! I was glad the drive down went pretty well with DD. with the night we had before, I was worried!

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #35
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5
LOVE the pictures from your first day!! OMG! So overall she was a happy little baby? How did feeding go? Diapering? DETAILS! LOL

So wonderful to hear she would nap whereever, that is how Aria is now and I hope it continues, esp with the stroller. That's really great!

How was the separation anxiety? Aria doesn't have that yet. I will admit, I won't be TOO disappointed if she gets upset w/o me there. LOL
Thanks! Overall, she was very happy! I was thankful to have the extra stroller shade and stroller fan for her though. That definitely kept her more comfortable.

Feeding went well in the parks. Right before we left, I could tell she was getting ready to want to start having three "meals" (adding lunch, instead of the late morning bottle and early afternoon bottle). But, I made the decision to hold out on adding that in until we got back. VERY glad I did. It was much easier to give her bottle during the day while we were on the go (plus, less food to make beforehand and take with!). DD ate breakfast each morning in the condo (oatmeal and fruit), had a bottle around 11ish, had a bottle around 2ish, then ate dinner (2 veggies and a fruit) around 5-5:30 each night, either in the condo or in the restaurant with us. (Then had her bedtime bottle around 8 each night). It was easy to give her bottle to her and let her hold that in her stroller while we were going from place to place. I know you are BF'ing, so that will be different for y'all, but it worked for us!

Diaper changes were pretty easy too! DD is pretty regular with when she needs diaper changes (dirty ones and wet ones). The Baby Care centers are definitely better than regular bathrooms, but they were all fine. I kept a gallon size ziplock bag in the backpack that had a few diapers, small wipe case, hand sanitizer, and a changing pad in it. That is all I took in with me to change her. The less the better! If you have a small backpack on, that's helpful, because you can throw things in it when you are done (the wipe case, etc). Hand sanitizer is a must, because washing hands is difficult by yourself! We do disposable diapers too, so I'm not sure how you'll handle cloth diapering in the parks and carrying out.

The separation anxiety... Well.... It rears it's ugly head on day 3 . We're much better now, but it was not a fun time as y'all will see.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #36
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

The Olympics are very bad for my TR! Hoping to get a couple cranked out tonight/tomorrow! I am still here though

Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #37
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

June 4th - MK Day - Part 2

Where were we? It's been so long! Between the Olympics (I have to watch! Even the odd sports! I'm flipping between field hockey and water polo now even, hah!), planning DD's 1st birthday party, getting DH though his 2nd CPA exam (only a week and a half more!), I've kept busy!

Anyhow, we left MK to head back to the condo in hopes that DD would take a good nap and we could all rest after a busy morning! Well... That nap on the way out seemed to be just enough for her. FAIL! She did NOT want to go back to sleep once we got back to the condo! But,it gave us a good opportunity to go to the pool! (which ended up being really good, because between the rain and our running around, we never made it back out to the pool ) after a swim for about 30-40 minutes, DD decided she was, in fact, tired. So, she took a late afternoon snooze while we all go cleaned up.

That night, I made some pasta with crab meat and Alfredo sauce, garlic bread and a Caesar salad for dinner in the condo. We ate pretty early and since DD had a later nap and the weather was looking food, we decided to head back to the MK!

AHHH!!!

We put DD in her Lillebaby carrier on my back, and poor girl fell promptly back asleep walking down Main Street! All the excitement of the day was wearing her out! We checked out the show going on in front of the castle...

Hey guys, fancy seeing y'all here!

Then, we headed over to Tomorrowland and rode the PeopleMover! I was pretty excited about this because believe it or not, none of us had ever been on this, in all of our trips! It was a fin ride, and DD enjoyed it (she woke up when we took her out of her carrier). Next, we danced around with these guys for a few...

DD LOVES music, so she was grinning and having fun with this.

We decided to head over to Fantasyland to see if there was anything we wanted to do there. Winnie the Pooh had a little wait, but not too bad (15 minutes) so we hopped in line. It was right at 15 minutes for the wait, but DD liked seeing all the people and made friends with everyone in line, smiling and being a little ham! She liked the ride too!

Spinning around in our "Hunny Pot"

Can I get this Mom?

After Pooh, we decided it was about time to head out for the night, but not before a treat! We stopped by Storybook Treats for some yumminess! DH had a chocolate milkshake, LS had a chocolate chip cookie sundae and I had a vanilla cone. DD decided she wanted some vanilla ice cream and just about face planted in my cone! Thankfully I caught her in time! She is, however, great with straws, and snuck quite a bit of her daddy's milkshake! She's sneaky when it comes to mommy and daddy's drinks and treats!

So, our first day, I would consider a success. Next up, the day I totally brought the camera, but didn't take ANY pictures (vacation failure...), i.e. DHS!

Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #38
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Awww, she looks so cute in the Tigger hat! Did you buy it?
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #39
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

What a fun first day! Y'all got a ton done in the Magic Kingdom.

Too funny about the goats. Next time I go, I'm sure that's all I will notice, lol.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #40
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama
Awww, she looks so cute in the Tigger hat! Did you buy it?
I resisted, even though she made a very cute Tigger! She decided the week before the trip that she didn't like wearing hats anymore. (too bad too.. I had a really cute Belle and Tinkerbelle hat for her?)

Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #41
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Fun day!! Aria has no experience with straws, and I've given her a sippy cup once. Hmm maybe we should work on that! What did you do to keep her hydrated?

Glad ot hear feeding and such went so well. I can't believe how few bottles she's taking!! Aria JUST in the last week dropped a feeding, so she's down to 5/day. Plus oatmeal or cereal in the morning. I try to do a dinner too but we're still introducing foods.

Looking forward ot more!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #42
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5
Fun day!! Aria has no experience with straws, and I've given her a sippy cup once. Hmm maybe we should work on that! What did you do to keep her hydrated?

Glad ot hear feeding and such went so well. I can't believe how few bottles she's taking!! Aria JUST in the last week dropped a feeding, so she's down to 5/day. Plus oatmeal or cereal in the morning. I try to do a dinner too but we're still introducing foods.

Looking forward ot more!
With hydration, I offered her a sippy cup with water anytime we were drinking water. She usually drank some. Her pedi said that sounded like a good idea when I said that was my plan with the FL heat. She never drank a ton or anything, but always drank some. She likes water though (that's her only drink besides milk, we don't do juice).

Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #43
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
With hydration, I offered her a sippy cup with water anytime we were drinking water. She usually drank some. Her pedi said that sounded like a good idea when I said that was my plan with the FL heat. She never drank a ton or anything, but always drank some. She likes water though (that's her only drink besides milk, we don't do juice).

OOk thanks. Sorry I'm stalking your TR with these silly questions!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #44
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Fun evening in the MK!

I bet baby H loved Pooh! There's just so much to look at!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #45
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Bumping for ya because I'm excited to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: