Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #106
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

I must be truly crazy for Disney - just called the DL dining line to confirm my ressie time for Napa Rose, and was on hold for about 5 minutes. The crazy part? I actually loved being on hold and listening to the Disney songs and music!! That never happens with any other on-hold phone calls!
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #107
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I must be truly crazy for Disney - just called the DL dining line to confirm my ressie time for Napa Rose, and was on hold for about 5 minutes. The crazy part? I actually loved being on hold and listening to the Disney songs and music!! That never happens with any other on-hold phone calls!
Being on hold with Disney is a lot nicer of an experience than any other business, that's for sure! Did you get the reservation you wanted?
__________________
Me DH DS (4)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #108
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Being on hold with Disney is a lot nicer of an experience than any other business, that's for sure! Did you get the reservation you wanted?
I did!

I had made the reservation last month, but I forgot to write down the time so had to call back again. And this time I wrote it down. Napa Rose for one person at 8:30pm on Wednesday, October 17th. Will be studying the menu for the next 4 weeks - very excited!
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #109
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

My dining reservations for the entire DLR-San Diego trip are now finalized after being able to make a reservation for Nobu in SD when the window opened up today!

Last week, I emailed some of my friends who will be at the conference asking whether they would like to join me for dinner for any of the nights I made reservations for and sent them the schedule. They thought it was pretty funny that I was making dinner plans a month in advance! And I'm thinking one month is nothing - I'm used to making reservations 6 months in advance!

So here are my dinner plans for the entire trip

Tuesday, Oct 16th (Anaheim): Roy's in Gardenwalk
Wednesday, Oct 17th (Anaheim): Napa Rose
Thursday, Oct 18th (San Diego): Nobu
Friday, Oct 19th (San Diego): Jsix
Saturday, Oct 20th (La Jolla): George's Ocean Terrace
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #110
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

** Touring Plans Day 2 Part II **

Wednesday, October 17th Part II

Continuing with the second half my day at Disneyland. If there are travel delays on my arrival day and I don't get a chance to tour DCA, then I will plan on touring DCA on this day starting at 3pm.

1:20pm: FP run to Roger Rabbit Spin (RT 2:10pm-3:10pm)
1:25pm: It’s a Small World
1:45pm: Mr Toad’s Wilde Ride
2:05pm: Toontown Tour and Roger Rabbit Spin (FP)
2:45pm: Alice in Wonderland
3:10pm: Main Street Tour
4:10pm: Star Tours (FP)
4:40pm: Tour of Tom Sawyer’s Island/ Rivers of America/ New Orleans Square
5:40pm: FP run BMTRR (RT 6:40-7:40pm)
5:45pm: Jungle Cruise
6:15pm: Snow White’s Adventure
6:40pm: Pinocchio’s Journey
7:05pm: BMTRR (FP)
7:30pm: Haunted Mansion

Exit Park 8-8:15pm
Dinner at Napa Rose
Try a drink at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar

Returning to San Diego next morning on a 6:50am train.
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #111
204charity
DIS Veteran
 
204charity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 769

They have "Mr Toads Wild Ride" in DL!! That was one of my favorites in DW - and I have to admit, I would love to see the Nemo submarine one too there.....are you seeing that???
__________________
May, 1991 - The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
January, 2009 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
December, 2010 - Barcelo Maya Tropical, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR


204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #112
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
They have "Mr Toads Wild Ride" in DL!! That was one of my favorites in DW - and I have to admit, I would love to see the Nemo submarine one too there.....are you seeing that???
Yup! I'm planning on going on the submarine ride in the morning!
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #113
204charity
DIS Veteran
 
204charity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 769

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Yup! I'm planning on going on the submarine ride in the morning!

Lucky, lucky, lucky!!! Take lots of pictures!!
__________________
May, 1991 - The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
January, 2009 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
December, 2010 - Barcelo Maya Tropical, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR


204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #114
solana131
DIS Veteran
 
solana131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,275

Love Mr Toad! I was so excited when I spotted him in the Pooh ride. I said to hubby "Look...there's Mr Toad!" He of course had no idea who Mr Toad was, but I was pretty proud of myself anyway
__________________
Me(Suzi) DH(Bill) DS8(Bradey)
1985,1989,1992 Offsite
Feb'12 Poly July'12 POFQ Aug'13 Poly June'14 GF



Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #115
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Lucky, lucky, lucky!!! Take lots of pictures!!
That's the plan! Got room for 3500 pictures on my DSLR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Love Mr Toad! I was so excited when I spotted him in the Pooh ride. I said to hubby "Look...there's Mr Toad!" He of course had no idea who Mr Toad was, but I was pretty proud of myself anyway
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was one of my favorites from my childhood. Can't wait to go back on it!
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #116
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie Sue Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 758

Hi there

I have been entertained by your PTR/mini trip reports as I have just read from start to finish!
I must say that I have enjoyed looking at your pictures immensely! Being in Australia, it is always wonderful to see places in America I have never been! I love your country.........just love it!
My daughter and I will be spending 16 nights in Anaheim next month as I too, just like you, am a Disney fanatic! Disneyland is my favourite place in the whole world and this marks my 3rd trip. I love the place.........in fact, I have studied it so much I could be a Disneyland teacher!!!
I also have a new DSLR for this trip and am looking forward to taking loads and loads of photos. It's another passion of mine!
My DH and I are planning on spending a year in the USA travelling right around and we hope to cover all 50 states!!! We've onl been to three so far!!!
I was very interested in the Colonial Williamsburg area and my DH can't wait to get to the Smithsonian. I have shown him the other museum you had pics of too and have added it to the "must go to" list.
I also adored the pics of the memorials, especially Lincoln and can't wait to see that in person!

I am looking forward to the rest of your PTR and of course the TR when it comes along!
__________________
Minnie Sue Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #117
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Hi there

I have been entertained by your PTR/mini trip reports as I have just read from start to finish!
I must say that I have enjoyed looking at your pictures immensely! Being in Australia, it is always wonderful to see places in America I have never been! I love your country.........just love it!
My daughter and I will be spending 16 nights in Anaheim next month as I too, just like you, am a Disney fanatic! Disneyland is my favourite place in the whole world and this marks my 3rd trip. I love the place.........in fact, I have studied it so much I could be a Disneyland teacher!!!
I also have a new DSLR for this trip and am looking forward to taking loads and loads of photos. It's another passion of mine!
My DH and I are planning on spending a year in the USA travelling right around and we hope to cover all 50 states!!! We've onl been to three so far!!!
I was very interested in the Colonial Williamsburg area and my DH can't wait to get to the Smithsonian. I have shown him the other museum you had pics of too and have added it to the "must go to" list.
I also adored the pics of the memorials, especially Lincoln and can't wait to see that in person!

I am looking forward to the rest of your PTR and of course the TR when it comes along!
Welcome!! And happy to have you on-board!

Have to say, very jealous of your 16 day trip to Anaheim! Very excited about my trip of course, but still a little bummed that I won't be able to attend one of Mickey's Halloween Parties.

We've definitely been spoiled living in the DC area for the last few years with so many sights to visit and the kids love visiting the Natural History Museum and Air and Space Museums. Whenever you decide to venture out this way, let me know and would be happy to help out with parts of your itinerary if needed.

One of the things I'm looking forward to traveling solo is that I will be able to take lots and LOTS of pictures. Hopefully there will be a couple of good ones in the mix - been reading up on how to take pictures in the dark rides.
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #118
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

After getting some much appreciated feedback and suggestions from fellow DISers about Napa Rose, I went ahead and got myself a seat at the Chef's Counter for my reservation. I've been reading up on some of the reviews and experiences, and am getting really excited about this!
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:33 AM   #119
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran
 
Minnie Sue Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 758

Ooooh the Napa Rose, sounds wonderful! I will be eager to hear you review

Thanks so much for offering to help with the itinerary for the big trip and I will keep it in mind for sure!

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier that we have in common, is we will be doing a train Journey with Amtrak too! We will be departing Anaheim for Simi Valley, the home of the Ronald Reagan Museum which just happens to be hosting the Treasures from the Walt Disney Archives exhibition. It was just too good an opportunity to pass up and I was so happy to add it to the itinerary. So I will be looking forward to hearing all about your rail trip too! I have purchased business class seats as it probably the only time I will be able to say we went business class
We will also be catching a special 4D screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas at the El Captain theatre in Los Angeles too. You can never have enough Disney now can you???!!!
__________________
Minnie Sue Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #120
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Ooooh the Napa Rose, sounds wonderful! I will be eager to hear you review

Thanks so much for offering to help with the itinerary for the big trip and I will keep it in mind for sure!

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier that we have in common, is we will be doing a train Journey with Amtrak too! We will be departing Anaheim for Simi Valley, the home of the Ronald Reagan Museum which just happens to be hosting the Treasures from the Walt Disney Archives exhibition. It was just too good an opportunity to pass up and I was so happy to add it to the itinerary. So I will be looking forward to hearing all about your rail trip too! I have purchased business class seats as it probably the only time I will be able to say we went business class
We will also be catching a special 4D screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas at the El Captain theatre in Los Angeles too. You can never have enough Disney now can you???!!!
I haven't been on a train in a looooong time. The Pacific Surfliner I'm taking from San Diego to Anaheim is suppose to have stretches with nice coastal views. I also splurged on the business class for my train rides!

I would like to see a movie in the El Captain one of these days.
__________________
My Photo Gallery
My Photography Facebook Page
My Photography Twitter


Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.