Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #211
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Fish Tacos!

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #212
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

View from a balcony of the San Diego Convention Center.

Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #213
auprincess
DIS Veteran

sounds like you are having a great trip! I love all the pictures

When you have a moment, will you pm suggestions for Sea World? NO rush, as our next trip is at least 18 mos away, lol. But I would like to take the girls to Sea World for a day on our next trip and I'm having a really hard time finding out info about it. Unless I am just not opening the right threads At the time of the next trip, they'll be around 9, 5 and 3. Thanks!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #214
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Beach at Hotel Del Coronado

Old 10-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #215
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Reminds me of another hotel I know

Old 10-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #216
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

View of downtown from Coronado Ferry Landing

Old 10-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #217
solana131
DIS Veteran

Just soaking up all your pictures here...I can't wait for the TR!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #218
204charity
DIS Veteran

I agree with Solana! What gorgeous pictures Dave!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #219
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess
sounds like you are having a great trip! I love all the pictures

When you have a moment, will you pm suggestions for Sea World? NO rush, as our next trip is at least 18 mos away, lol. But I would like to take the girls to Sea World for a day on our next trip and I'm having a really hard time finding out info about it. Unless I am just not opening the right threads At the time of the next trip, they'll be around 9, 5 and 3. Thanks!
Happy to help! I'll shoot you a pm when I get home tomorrow.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #220
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131
Just soaking up all your pictures here...I can't wait for the TR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity
I agree with Solana! What gorgeous pictures Dave!
Thanks! All of the pics I've posted so far for my live report were from my iPhone. Have been very impressed with the phone camera so far. I went through all 1200 pictures on my DSLR last night in my hotel room and I can't wait to start sharing and reliving my short trip!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #221
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

6:45am flight. Waiting to fly home. Had a great trip and a productive conference.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #222
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Hi Dave!

Thanks so much for taking us along with you "live" on your adventure! I too am looking forward to seeing some of those 1200 pics in your TR!

Only 2 more sleeps for us to go now. Soon I will be able to say " I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow!!!"

No train trip for us though as I had to cancel due the sheer inconvenience of no transport from the train station out to the museum and then we would be on an unmanned station in the dark But, after seeing some of your train pics, it is definitely on the agenda for next trip when my hubby will be coming along!

Looking forward to your TR!

Cheers
Old 10-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #223
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Hi Dave!

Thanks so much for taking us along with you "live" on your adventure! I too am looking forward to seeing some of those 1200 pics in your TR!

Only 2 more sleeps for us to go now. Soon I will be able to say " I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow!!!"

No train trip for us though as I had to cancel due the sheer inconvenience of no transport from the train station out to the museum and then we would be on an unmanned station in the dark But, after seeing some of your train pics, it is definitely on the agenda for next trip when my hubby will be coming along!

Looking forward to your TR!

Cheers
Hope you have a fun and safe trip!!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #224
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Wow, I LOVE all of your photos! I really need to go back to California now!!! It's been too many years and Emma hasn't ever been, soooooo...

Thanks for sharing your live TR and I look forward to seeing all of your pics and hearing about your trip in detail!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #225
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

TRIP REPORT - First Impressions

First Impressions

I made it back home this afternoon and happy to be back with my family. Had a wonderful time at DLR and the parks did not disappoint! The kids loved the Disney souvenirs I got for them. And now, it's time to start working on the trip report! But before I really get into it, and since I have a busy work week scheduled, I thought I share some of my thoughts and impressions of my short visit at DLR along with a handful of pictures to whet your appetite

Favorite Ride: It's a tie between Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. The holiday theming for HM was a highlight of the trip.

Most Disappointing Ride: Matterhorn. I had such fond memories of this ride the last time I rode it which was 28 years ago. This time, I was too busy getting bruised up to enjoy it.

Favorite Show: Well, I only had chance to see one, Aladdin, and really enjoyed it.

The Castle: I thought the castle was very charming and perfectly fit the ambiance of the whole park. Yes, it may be smaller than Cinderella's Castle at MK. But I equally like both of them!

Carsland: Everything I thought it would be. I could have just sat there for a couple of hours if I had the time!

Traveling Solo: Many times, I missed having my family with me especially when I saw other families enjoying the magic of Disney. I know my kids would have LOVED coming here and I'm hoping to bring them in another couple of years. Being solo did make it possible for me to go on as many rides as I did. I did a lot of criss-crossing of the parks. And the single rider lines rocked and saved me a lot of time! Of course, there were some rides that made me feel a bit more awkward riding alone such as Snow White and Alice in Wonderland!

The whole WDW vs DLR debate: Apples and Oranges. Directly comparing the two resorts is difficult. I loved DLR for different reasons. Overall though, the scale tips slightly for WDW for me. I missed the complete resort and Disney "cocoon" experience at DLR.

Anaheim Plaza and Suites: The motel served its purpose which was to provide a bed across the street from DLR at a cheap price for a solo traveler. With the rate of $59 per night, I really couldn't complain. But I will not be staying here when I bring my family next time around. The phone in the room wasn't working. The hair dryer wasn't working. Don't know about the TV, fridge, or microwave since I never bothered or had time to use them. There was no iron and board in the room which was problematic since I had to iron my conference clothes on departure day. Had to ask twice but eventually got them in my room. The walk to the park was exactly 8 minutes which was great.

Well, hopefully I can start writing the TR here soon!!

Last edited by DaveinFallsChurch; 10-22-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: