Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #196
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

This is the line for the Tiki room. Uhh, yeah, not going to be happening for me

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #197
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Parade!!!

Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #198
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

About to say goodnight to DL park. What a day! Got all the rides done that I wanted to with the last one being Alice. Got a dinner ressie at Napa Rose,

Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #199
204charity
DIS Veteran

Wow Dave! What a whirlwind couple of days! It seems surreal for me to be reading it all so quickly like this! LOL - Only a hardcore Disney Planner such as yourself could get all that done in a day and a quarter!

RSR looks amazing, Toon Town looks lovely, everything seems so quaint, charming, dare I say less crowded than DW?

The corn dog looks yummy BTW! Are you taking in Wishes while there? Or whatever their fireworks show is called?

Glad you are having fun - me, I am on day 4 of my friends schedule and it is going great! We are meeting every day or so to get it done so she can say she has a plan, and then RELAX.

On a side-note, had an "interesting" conversation with my mother today - she said she wished we had done everything differently when we went to Disney in April. She said the Poly was good, but not worth the $, she said that she felt too rushed, she didn't have enough down time, it was go-go-go and she hated that, and she said that she wished she hadn't gone for as long as we did. My feelings were really hurt. I put ALOT of hard work planning and preparing the trip - we were done every park every day by mid-afternoon, I don't think you can get much more "relaxed" than that! Sigh. Just venting I guess. It really hurt my feelings to think she could be so insensitive!

Anyways, enough of my crabbin' to ya! Have fun in DL and think of us back here!!! We are dreaming we were there right along side you!!!

Oh - and one more thing - now that you've been.....you gonna take the kids back next time???
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #200
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity
Wow Dave! What a whirlwind couple of days! It seems surreal for me to be reading it all so quickly like this! LOL - Only a hardcore Disney Planner such as yourself could get all that done in a day and a quarter!

RSR looks amazing, Toon Town looks lovely, everything seems so quaint, charming, dare I say less crowded than DW?

The corn dog looks yummy BTW! Are you taking in Wishes while there? Or whatever their fireworks show is called?

Glad you are having fun - me, I am on day 4 of my friends schedule and it is going great! We are meeting every day or so to get it done so she can say she has a plan, and then RELAX.

On a side-note, had an "interesting" conversation with my mother today - she said she wished we had done everything differently when we went to Disney in April. She said the Poly was good, but not worth the $, she said that she felt too rushed, she didn't have enough down time, it was go-go-go and she hated that, and she said that she wished she hadn't gone for as long as we did. My feelings were really hurt. I put ALOT of hard work planning and preparing the trip - we were done every park every day by mid-afternoon, I don't think you can get much more "relaxed" than that! Sigh. Just venting I guess. It really hurt my feelings to think she could be so insensitive!

Anyways, enough of my crabbin' to ya! Have fun in DL and think of us back here!!! We are dreaming we were there right along side you!!!

Oh - and one more thing - now that you've been.....you gonna take the kids back next time???
Hi Charity! Sorry to hear about your mom's comments. If you ask me, you had a much more relaxed pace for your April trip then we did! We can chat more if you need to vent some more.

Yes, I do want to bring my family back but it will have to be part of a Southern California vacation. I did miss having my family with me today.

Crowds were a little heavier than I anticipated. And i was able to get everything done because I was solo. I sat down just once for a break and it was for lunch. I was pretty much on the go the rest of the time. Had a absolutely wonderful day!! Cant wait to share my stories and pictures with you and everyone. I'm pretty sure I took over a 1000 in the past two days.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #201
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Excellent 5 course meal at the chefs counter in Napa Rose!

Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #202
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
Sounds like you're having a great time! Thanks for sharing with us! Your orange juice made me LOL.
Thanks for following! I couldnt finish the OJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Gumdrop View Post
I have never been to DLR, but the entry looks almost quaint compared to the Magic Kingdom. Like a mini version. Love all the Halloween decorations. Have an amazing day!
That's one of the things I liked about DL, that everything was much more closely packed in and the themes tightly woven in each "land" of the park. Had a very cozy feel to the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Love the Goofy pumpkin head at the entrance. I sometimes feel like he gets left out alot at WDW. Nice to see him center stage at DL
I almost got the Goofy ear hat?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #203
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

At the train station to head back to San Diego bright and early! My cab showed up early so enjoying a nice breeze on the bench on the platform

Sad to be leaving but hoping to come back in the next couple of years with my family.

I will continue to post some updates from San Diego but it'll mostly be work so won't bore you with all of that. I counted 1170 pictures I took in two days! Hope you can join me on my trip report which I'll start once I get home on Sunday. Oh, and today happens to be the 100 day mark for our family trip to WDW so that sort of eases me leaving DLR! Also means I should start a PTR for that as well!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #204
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Can't get enough of this view from the train

Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #205
204charity
DIS Veteran

I told you the views were gorgeous from that train ride.
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #206
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
I told you the views were gorgeous from that train ride.
It was such a beautiful train ride. I had meant to try to take naps on both occasions but was too busy looking out the windows!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #207
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Arrived in San Diego yesterday and started my conference activities. Ate dinner at Nobu with some friends I hadnt seen in a year. Food and company was excellent!

Decided to take a half day excursion to Coronado tomorrow!

Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #208
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
They sang Halloween songs too!
That's awesome!! We will definitely have to be on the lookout for them next week!

Quote:
This is the line for the Tiki room. Uhh, yeah, not going to be happening for me

I'm not even kidding, that is probably the line for Dole Whips. DH saw a huge line and thought it was for the Tiki Room when he was taking DS in there, then realized it was just the line for Dole Whips and walked right into the next show of the Tiki Room.

Quote:

Can't get enough of this view from the train
Beautiful!!

Looks like you had a super successful 2 days in DL! I can't wait to get the details.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #209
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz

I'm not even kidding, that is probably the line for Dole Whips. DH saw a huge line and thought it was for the Tiki Room when he was taking DS in there, then realized it was just the line for Dole Whips and walked right into the next show of the Tiki Room.

Beautiful!!

Looks like you had a super successful 2 days in DL! I can't wait to get the details.
Ohhhh! That was the Dole Whip line!! Now it makes a LOT more sense. Just couldn't understand why Tiki would be so much more popular at DL. LOL

Have a safe and fun trip to WDW! We can trade stories through our trip reports.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #210
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Such a beautiful city!

Last edited by DaveinFallsChurch; 10-19-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: