Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #1156
pahrumpgirl
Just call me "da Boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post
I have been MIA. Busy with soft ball, plus my dad died 2 weeks ago. Trying to get back on track.
We still need to book Paradise Pier for before the cruise and order a birthday cake for DD. This will be her first birthday since being dx'd with celiac disease and I want to make it special. I know turning 11 on a Disney cruise is pretty special though. We also need to book transportation pre and post cruise. All in due time.

In the mean time, we have an all star softball game today.
So sorry to hear about your dad and DD. I am sure the cruise will be a great time and therapy for all.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #1157
twokats
DIS Veteran

Been gone all weekend, so just now catching up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoAlexnWilliam View Post
Checking in for PC cruise. First day of the cruise is my birthday. First time Disney cruise for all of us! Go big or go home is my motto! It will be me, DH, dd - almost 11 and ds - almost 9. I am glad to see there will be some kids near their ages.
glad you are joining us

Quote:
I have been MIA. Busy with soft ball, plus my dad died 2 weeks ago. Trying to get back on track.
We still need to book Paradise Pier for before the cruise and order a birthday cake for DD. This will be her first birthday since being dx'd with celiac disease and I want to make it special. I know turning 11 on a Disney cruise is pretty special though. We also need to book transportation pre and post cruise. All in due time.

Didn't think I had seen you for a while. Sorry for your loss, lost my dad back in 75 at a very early age and I still miss him dearly.

I am sure your DD will have a fantastic time! I have not planned on a special birthday cake for my DD, since her favorite is cheesecake and I will just make sure she has plenty of that. I am taking her to the Lion King musical when we come back home for an additional birthday present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisTurtle View Post
Coming from Guam
DH - Andy
DW - Tamera
DD - Ahna (10)
DD - Vivian (5)
Stateroom 2124
Late Dining
Glad you are joining us.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #1158
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

Welcome new cruisers! If anyone with school aged kids wants to do the YES program at Disneyland on Sept. 12 let me know!
CrusinLattas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #1159
Dagny
Went to the original, and now knows what the REAL castle looks like

Aloha! Just got back from our wonderful vacation to WDW! Hope everyone is doing well. Trying to get caught up on all the posts

WDW Half Marathon October 2011
WDW Marathon Relay January 2012
Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2012
Princess Half Marathon February 2012
Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon March 2012
Expedition Everest May 2012
Wounded Warrior Half Marathon June 2012
Disneyland Half Marathon August 2012
TOT 10 Miler September 2012
Wine and Dine Half Marathon November 2012
WDW Half Marathon January 2013
WDW Marathon DNF January 2013
Dumbo Double Dare September 2013
Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 2013
Glass Slipper Challenge February 2014
Dagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #1160
disfaninca
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So sorry about your loss. I lost my dad a year ago June 17 and it is still difficult sometimes. Thinking off you.
DCL Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder EBPC 9/14/13
RCI Viking Serenade 4/19/96, Monarch 10/5/07, Monarch 3/14/08, Freedom 10/10/10 Eastern, Oasis 10/13/12 Western, Jewel 10/5/13 Southern
PCL Caribbean Princess 5/1/11 San Juan to NYC
disfaninca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #1161
RanCan
DIS Veteran

Galveston Transportation

Sorry for not keeping up on the "Boards," Candy and I have been very busy.

I have tried to keep a list of those who have expressed interest in grouping together to book a shuttle to Hobby Airport...

RanCan......... 2
Pahrumpgirl.... 4
DTA87........... 2
CruzOle......... 2
TheKoeppens.. 2
Sparky47....... 4
Caniac27....... 4
TwinRX......... 1
Umbriagal...... 1
denamo......... 2

Total: 24

PLEASE...confirm that you are still interested and that I have the number in your group correct.

Also, if there is anyone else that is interested please let me know.

I believe all those listed above have flights that depart 2PM or later, so what time would everyone suggest that we schedule the shuttle for???

Let me know and I can make arrangements. Unless of course, someone else would like to take the lead on this...

DL: More times than I can count and still counting as AP holders.
WDW: BWV August 2009, SSR August 2011.
RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
Freedom Eastern 10/10/10, Oasis Western 10/13/12, Jewel Southern 10/5/13.
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
PCL: Caribbean Princess Repo PR to NYC 5/1/11.

Last edited by RanCan; 06-29-2013 at 05:04 PM.
RanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #1162
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
Aloha! Just got back from our wonderful vacation to WDW! Hope everyone is doing well. Trying to get caught up on all the posts
Wondered where you were. Hope you had a great time!

DW Author DH Retired USN Officer and Teacher 1st time DCL Cruisers
MelSpees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #1163
MomtoAlexnWilliam
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all of the welcomes!!

Denine, so sorry about your dad!!

Renee, we would love to do the YES program but that would be just too many missed days of school for my kiddos!

______
MomtoAlexnWilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #1164
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So sorry for your loss

FYI. I have been GF on my last 2 DCL cruises and they are great about it.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #1165
Thekoeppens
Earned My Ears and Loved It

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCan View Post

I have tried to keep a list of those who have expressed interest in grouping together to book a shuttle to Hobby Airport...

RanCan......... 2
Pahrumpgirl.... 4
DTA87........... 2
CruzOle......... 2
TheKoeppens.. 2
Sparky47....... 4
Caniac27....... 4
TwinrRX........ 1

Total: 21

PLEASE...confirm that you are still interested and that I have the number in your group correct.

I believe all those listed above have flights that depart 2PM or later, so what time would everyone suggest that we schedule the shuttle for???

Let me know and I can make arrangements. Unless of course, someone else would like to take the lead on this...
We would still be interested. I would prefer to depart early to eliminate any stress. We fly at 2:30 so departing at 10 or sooner is great
Thekoeppens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #1166
pahrumpgirl
Just call me "da Boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekoeppens View Post

We would still be interested. I would prefer to depart early to eliminate any stress. We fly at 2:30 so departing at 10 or sooner is great
Since the ship isn't scheduled to dock until 9 AM we may find it hard to be off by ten due to fog and customs. Would have to check with transport company to see what they suggest . We leave at 2:10 so will want to get to airport at least 2 hrs early if possible.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #1167
Sparky47
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So sorry for your loss.
Sparky47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #1168
Sparky47
Mouseketeer

Quote:

RanCan......... 2
Pahrumpgirl.... 4
DTA87........... 2
CruzOle......... 2
TheKoeppens.. 2
Sparky47....... 4
Caniac27....... 4
TwinrRX........ 1

We are still interested in the group transportion and the # for Sparky47 is correct. Our flight leaves at 3:45 but we will leave port as early as we can/need to leave. If we are at the airport early enough, our nephew may join us for lunch so working the schedule around the person who needs to be there earliest is fine by us. Thank you!
Sparky47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #1169
umbriagal
Earning My Ears

Quote:

RanCan......... 2
Pahrumpgirl.... 4
DTA87........... 2
CruzOle......... 2
TheKoeppens.. 2
Sparky47....... 4
Caniac27....... 4
TwinrRX........ 1

I'm new to the group (and to Disney cruises), but I'd be interested in the transportation to Hobby. I'm traveling solo, with a flight that leaves at ~3.:30 pm.

I had originally planned a trip to Egypt this year, but I just don't have the energy to deal with all the upheavals caused by the revolution, so I'm going to cruise through the Canal on a Disney verandah instead!
umbriagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #1170
RanCan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbriagal View Post
I'm new to the group (and to Disney cruises), but I'd be interested in the transportation to Hobby. I'm traveling solo, with a flight that leaves at ~3.:30 pm.

I had originally planned a trip to Egypt this year, but I just don't have the energy to deal with all the upheavals caused by the revolution, so I'm going to cruise through the Canal on a Disney verandah instead!

Thanks and WELCOME to the party!!!

I will add you to the list.

DL: More times than I can count and still counting as AP holders.
WDW: BWV August 2009, SSR August 2011.
RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
Freedom Eastern 10/10/10, Oasis Western 10/13/12, Jewel Southern 10/5/13.
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
PCL: Caribbean Princess Repo PR to NYC 5/1/11.
RanCan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: