Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #1111
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelSpees View Post
DAWG fans? Where are you from?
We're retired Navy too! I hope you got the same awesome deal we did.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #1112
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
Your welcome to join us. We are going on the 21st. Have to give you fair warning.... We're DAWG fans. Lol I've never been so I really don't care when we go. I just am concerned that I will be too much food for me. I hate to pay for something and then not be able to enjoy it.
We changed from 6:30 to 8:30. Read online that its a great place to eat during the later evening hrs on crossing day. It's on the 22 nd and my bday so we can have a party...yeah! Anybody else?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #1113
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltink View Post
We are at Paradise Pier the 11th-14th. Doing the Halloween Party on the 13th!!!!
I have not seen Halloween Party yet for DL...just WDW for that date - did you find it listed somewhere?
CrusinLattas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #1114
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
Where are you from in Orlando and how long have you lived there? I lived in Orlando for 35 years ( minus three in Gainesville for grad school).

BTW, for those of you with kids, are you doing early or late dining? I booked late dining -- for some reason I can't recall now -- and I think I should change it. We'll be coming from the east coast, so 8 pm dinner will be like 11 pm to my kids. I'm curious if most people with kids are doing early or late?
We love late dining with the kids due to Dine and Play! We have a 7 & 9 yr old. It makes for a much more enjoyable dinner and our kids love the earlier show time.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #1115
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdreams View Post
I am in need of some advice from all of you experts. We booked Limos.com for our transfer from John Wayne to the port. We figured the extra $30 it was going to cost would be worth it to leave for the port as quickly as possible once we land. I know if you use Disney coaches your bags are checked all of the way to your cabin and you are saved the hassle. Now that I've been assigned a boarding time hours after our flight arrival I'm wondering if we should just switch to the coach and hope DCL is able to squeeze us in early. Anyone have any experience with this?
Not sure about how it will be in LA, in MCO Disney has the bag thing down for both DCL and WDW. I think the ports that do not have DCL all the time it is not as smooth a ride - at least that was the feedback from folks on our last Galveston cruise and I'm guessing LA might be similar.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #1116
twinrx
Taking the slow boat to Platinum

caught up

Just finished catching up on all the posts.

I'll need a ride to Hobby as well so if anyone needs one additional rider let me know.

Like some of you I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza the night before. I did that on the Hawaii trip and it worked out really well. Used the Super Shuttle to get from LAX to the hotel. They were cheap and got to the hotel pretty quickly. The hotel shuttle to the pier is painless.

I'm retired Navy as well.
Disney Dream 4-Night Nassau 2011
Disney Dream 3-Night Nassau 2011
Disney Wonder 7-Night Alaska 2011
Disney Magic 7-Night Eastern Caribbean 2012
Disney Wonder 14-Night Hawaii 2012
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean 2013
Disney Wonder 14-Night EB Panama Canal 2013
Disney Wonder 7-Night Alaska 2014
twinrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #1117
Paragd911
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did!!! I am retired from the Air Force.
Mark & (Bingo) WDW to many to count.Disney Wonder Cruises: 2006 Jul(Honeymoon) , 2007 Spring Break 2008 New Year, 2009 Spring Break , 2010 Guys Spring Break, Fall break Sept 2010 Disney Magic: 2010 Birthday Eastern . Eastern March 2011 Western Dec 12 Disney Dream: 5 Days June 2011, Jan 2012, Magic Sept 2011 - WBTA Disney Fan 7 day Eastern Caribbean Jun 2012,Dream July2012 Future EBPC Sept 13
:Trip Report of the New Year Eve Cruise with a Service Dog! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2052361
Paragd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #1118
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

When you get a chance go to our Facebook page and look at logos and vote for what you want on the name tag cards. I'm also assuming everyone will have lanyards - some may not be CC members or DVC members. I would recommend them. I have bought them at the .99 store in the past - right now they are out but might have them again before we sail. The name tags are just business size cards to go into the lanyards like the cabin keys.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #1119
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragd911 View Post
I did!!! I am retired from the Air Force.
Mark.... If it wasn't for your post I wouldn't have known as soon as I did that military rate was out.... i got it on my phone my way into eye dr. I booked it on my phone while waiting for my appt.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #1120
Paragd911
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mark.... If it wasn't for your post I wouldn't have known as soon as I did that military rate was out.... i got it on my phone my way into eye dr. I booked it on my phone while waiting for my appt.
Rock on!!
Mark & (Bingo) WDW to many to count.Disney Wonder Cruises: 2006 Jul(Honeymoon) , 2007 Spring Break 2008 New Year, 2009 Spring Break , 2010 Guys Spring Break, Fall break Sept 2010 Disney Magic: 2010 Birthday Eastern . Eastern March 2011 Western Dec 12 Disney Dream: 5 Days June 2011, Jan 2012, Magic Sept 2011 - WBTA Disney Fan 7 day Eastern Caribbean Jun 2012,Dream July2012 Future EBPC Sept 13
:Trip Report of the New Year Eve Cruise with a Service Dog! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2052361
Paragd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #1121
fltink
Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusinLattas View Post
I have not seen Halloween Party yet for DL...just WDW for that date - did you find it listed somewhere?
That was my fault. I misread the info. The Halloween decorations are up as of the 13th, but the party isn't starting til the end of the month. Oh well... We will get to see Haunted Mansion Holiday, which will be awesome.
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
April '03 7 N Eastern Carib Bday Magic
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
Feb '04 7 N Western Carib Valentine's Magic
Sept '05 7 N Western Carib WEDDING Magic!!!!
Sept '07 7 N Eastern Carib 2 Yr Anniversary Magic
Jan '09 7 N Western Carib Magic
Sept '09 7 N Eastern Carib 4 Yr Anniversary Magic
July '10 4 N Wonder
Oct '10 4 N Halloween Wonder
Jan '11 3 N Preview Cast Dream

Next cruise.....
Sept '13 14 N Panama Wonder (8 Yr Anniversary!!!)
fltink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #1122
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltink View Post

That was my fault. I misread the info. The Halloween decorations are up as of the 13th, but the party isn't starting til the end of the month. Oh well... We will get to see Haunted Mansion Holiday, which will be awesome.
Hopefully it's nightmare before Christmas theme again. Our gran loves Jack!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #1123
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdreams View Post
I've always done late dining with my kids so we can take full advantage of activities during the day then have plenty of time to get cleaned up and go to dinner. It has always been our last thing of the evening to eat then head to bed. My daughter was 3,4 and 8 years old for our cruises and did fine with the late dining. She was definitely ready for bed after!

How 'bout them Noles!!!
The boys do tend push back on their bedtime on vacation. Maybe the time change will counteract this and they will end up going to bed at a reasonable time.

Quote:
We live by UCF. Our sons graduated from winter park and university high schools. Been here since 87.
It's a small world (after all!). My mom got a job at UCF and we moved to Orlando in 72. My dad got a job at WDW. I went to UCF for undergrad and we lived in Eastwood before we moved to NC 7 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusinLattas View Post
We love late dining with the kids due to Dine and Play! We have a 7 & 9 yr old. It makes for a much more enjoyable dinner and our kids love the earlier show time.
I DO like the dine and play... I guess I'll just keep the late dining I guess...
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #1124
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We decided to take the sure thing with the OGT before the Military rate came out. We may be a bit more patient in the future. But we still got a really good deal. We had originally booked an inside but are saving money and have an oceanview!

When I saw DAWGS I thought Huskies--UW. We're across Puget Sound from Seattle.

DW Author DH Retired USN Officer and Teacher 1st time DCL Cruisers
MelSpees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #1125
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
The boys do tend push back on their bedtime on vacation. Maybe the time change will counteract this and they will end up going to bed at a reasonable time.

It's a small world (after all!). My mom got a job at UCF and we moved to Orlando in 72. My dad got a job at WDW. I went to UCF for undergrad and we lived in Eastwood before we moved to NC 7 years ago.

I DO like the dine and play... I guess I'll just keep the late dining I guess...
We have good friends in Eastwood. We are headed to nc next month. Sister is in Lake Gaston. We will be visiting our friends on Winston Salem also.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: