Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #1096
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
Are there any solo cruisers out there who want to do Palo but haven't gotten a reservation? I have Palo dinner booked at 8:30 on Tuesday the 24 th and Palo brunch on Thursday Sept 19 at 10:30 for my mother and I, but she has told me she would rather not go. I guess the rich food is too much for her. Would anyone want to join me?
Your welcome to join us. We are going on the 21st. Have to give you fair warning.... We're DAWG fans. Lol I've never been so I really don't care when we go. I just am concerned that I will be too much food for me. I hate to pay for something and then not be able to enjoy it.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #1097
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
Come with me... I'm not an expert rider for sure but I did the trail ride in the rain forest Belize. I got eaten alive by bugs even tho I used off. I just want to ride in the water on a horse.
I'm no expert either, but I'm comfortable on a horse. I think maybe I'll do it if it's still available in 2 weeks.

DW Author DH Retired USN Officer and Teacher 1st time DCL Cruisers
MelSpees is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #1098
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Your welcome to join us. We are going on the 21st. Have to give you fair warning.... We're DAWG fans. Lol I've never been so I really don't care when we go. I just am concerned that I will be too much food for me. I hate to pay for something and then not be able to enjoy it.
DAWG fans? Where are you from?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #1099
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the invite! I may take you up on it, let's see- when I get on the ship I need to check to make sure I am not missing something great on the day of the brunch or the night of the dinner.

PS GO GATORS!!
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #1100
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelSpees View Post
DAWG fans? Where are you from?
Orlando.... DAWG fan via St. Mary's Ga for many years.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #1101
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for the invite! I may take you up on it, let's see- when I get on the ship I need to check to make sure I am not missing something great on the day of the brunch or the night of the dinner.

PS GO GATORS!!
Our BFF are die hard gators from Gainesville. It use to be funny when they stayed with our kids in the motor home the weekend of the big game. Everything is Dawgs..... Except for the one window they got for gator stuff. They always have an awesome time.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #1102
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelSpees View Post
I'm no expert either, but I'm comfortable on a horse. I think maybe I'll do it if it's still available in 2 weeks.
I hope it's still there. I went back to see if I could add it using my husband's name but it wanted to cancel his fishing trip. Dang it!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #1103
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Orlando.... DAWG fan via St. Mary's Ga for many years.
Where are you from in Orlando and how long have you lived there? I lived in Orlando for 35 years ( minus three in Gainesville for grad school).

BTW, for those of you with kids, are you doing early or late dining? I booked late dining -- for some reason I can't recall now -- and I think I should change it. We'll be coming from the east coast, so 8 pm dinner will be like 11 pm to my kids. I'm curious if most people with kids are doing early or late?
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #1104
catdreams
Earning My Ears

Quote:
BTW, for those of you with kids, are you doing early or late dining? ?
I've always done late dining with my kids so we can take full advantage of activities during the day then have plenty of time to get cleaned up and go to dinner. It has always been our last thing of the evening to eat then head to bed. My daughter was 3,4 and 8 years old for our cruises and did fine with the late dining. She was definitely ready for bed after!

How 'bout them Noles!!!
Wonder Panama Canal September 14-28, 2013
catdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #1105
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope it's still there. I went back to see if I could add it using my husband's name but it wanted to cancel his fishing trip. Dang it!
Wow. Nice of you to try. Now I'm getting excited about it. Hope it'll work out.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #1106
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Palo Brunch suggestion

Not on this cruise but we did the WBPC in June and wanted to offer a suggestion - book Palo Brunch for Canal day. You'll be through the first set of locks by 10:00 am most likely and Palo offers a nice, air conditioned view of the countryside while you cross the lake.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #1107
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Where are you from in Orlando and how long have you lived there? I lived in Orlando for 35 years ( minus three in Gainesville for grad school).

BTW, for those of you with kids, are you doing early or late dining? I booked late dining -- for some reason I can't recall now -- and I think I should change it. We'll be coming from the east coast, so 8 pm dinner will be like 11 pm to my kids. I'm curious if most people with kids are doing early or late?
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdreams View Post
I've always done late dining with my kids so we can take full advantage of activities during the day then have plenty of time to get cleaned up and go to dinner. It has always been our last thing of the evening to eat then head to bed. My daughter was 3,4 and 8 years old for our cruises and did fine with the late dining. She was definitely ready for bed after!

How 'bout them Noles!!!
All you Florida peeps have your teams. We're Dawgs by default as our kids love them. Personally I'm a "skins" fan to the core. Born in DC and raised in Md. Right now we live by UCF in Orlando.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #1108
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We live by UCF. Our sons graduated from winter park and university high schools. Been here since 87.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #1109
catdreams
Earning My Ears

I am in need of some advice from all of you experts. We booked Limos.com for our transfer from John Wayne to the port. We figured the extra $30 it was going to cost would be worth it to leave for the port as quickly as possible once we land. I know if you use Disney coaches your bags are checked all of the way to your cabin and you are saved the hassle. Now that I've been assigned a boarding time hours after our flight arrival I'm wondering if we should just switch to the coach and hope DCL is able to squeeze us in early. Anyone have any experience with this?
Wonder Panama Canal September 14-28, 2013
catdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #1110
twinrx
Taking the slow boat to Platinum

facebook

Just got off the Fantasy on Saturday so I can switch gears to the Panama Canal trip. Leaving the girls at home and traveling solo to burn up some DVC points. Can you add me to the Facebook page? Thanks

bill huseman
Disney Dream 4-Night Nassau 2011
Disney Dream 3-Night Nassau 2011
Disney Wonder 7-Night Alaska 2011
Disney Magic 7-Night Eastern Caribbean 2012
Disney Wonder 14-Night Hawaii 2012
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean 2013
Disney Wonder 14-Night EB Panama Canal 2013
Disney Wonder 7-Night Alaska 2014
twinrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: