Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #931
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!
 
Denine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 7,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCan View Post
I went back a few pages and found the following interested in sharing a shuttle from the Port to Hobby Airport:

RanCan 2
Pahrumpgirl 4
dta87 2
CruzOle 2
Sharon56 2
Thekoeppens 2

If there is anyone else interested please let us know ASAP.

Remember Disney will not provide any ground transfers to Hobby, they only provide it to IAH. We are on our own to get to Hobby.

I believe we should keep this open and available for another week or two, so we can make sure we help as many as possible. The more people we have the less the cost will be for everyone. We still have some time.
We may be interested.

We did this in 2005 from the hotel to the port in California on our last PC cruise. We had a large bus. There was not room enough for all the luggage. We had under the bus filled, plus we had luggage completely down the aisle of the bus. Just something to keep in mind when deciding on a mode and how many people it says it holds. Everyone has a lot more luggage for 2+ week trip.
__________________
DVC '95
Disney Magic 4-99 Disney Magic 10-16-04
Disney Wonder 1-00 Disney Magic 8-20-05
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #932
Sparky47
Mouseketeer
 
Sparky47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 288

Hobby Transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCan View Post
I went back a few pages and found the following interested in sharing a shuttle from the Port to Hobby Airport:

RanCan 2
Pahrumpgirl 4
dta87 2
CruzOle 2
Sharon56 2
Thekoeppens 2

If there is anyone else interested please let us know ASAP.

Remember Disney will not provide any ground transfers to Hobby, they only provide it to IAH. We are on our own to get to Hobby.

I believe we should keep this open and available for another week or two, so we can make sure we help as many as possible. The more people we have the less the cost will be for everyone. We still have some time.
My group is also flying out of Hobby (believe 2:45 p.m.). We would be interested in group transportation. There are 4 adults; since luggage is being mentioned, the 4 of us usually travel with total of 8 pieces but we keep trying to get down 6! Thank you for checking into this!! [I hate to wish away the summer but starting to get REALLY excited for this trip!]
Sparky47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #933
Sparky47
Mouseketeer
 
Sparky47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 288

Misc. Info

I sent an email to DCL asking about formal/semi-formal nights, captain, cruise director and what entertainment would be onboard (asked specifically about Ducky Williams). I thought I would share the info provided (knowing full well that in the past the formal/semi-formal night schedule changed a number of times prior to the actual trip):

*Nights: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13 & 14: cruise casual
*Nights 5 & 12: "formal night" - formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress
*Night 8: "semi-formal night" - semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.
*Night 10: pirate night - cruise casual or bring your best pirate outfit!

1) Captain: we do not have that information at this time.

2) Cruise Director: James Lynett.

3) We do not know if Ducky Williams will be onboard that sailing.

4) Each day on the ship a Personal Navigator, like a daily newspaper, will be delivered to your stateroom with a complete updated listing of all onboard activities, adventures, and entertainment. The Personal Navigator also includes sections for each child's age group and for teens, listing activities and entertainment that are appropriate for each group. Additional copies for your family to use during the cruise can be found onboard at the Guest Services Desk on Deck 3, Midship. The Personal Navigator is only available in English.
(I had asked if they knew what other acts would be onboard; I laughed when they explained about the Navigator)

Linda
Sparky47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #934
RanCan
DIS Veteran
 
RanCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post
We may be interested.

We did this in 2005 from the hotel to the port in California on our last PC cruise. We had a large bus. There was not room enough for all the luggage. We had under the bus filled, plus we had luggage completely down the aisle of the bus. Just something to keep in mind when deciding on a mode and how many people it says it holds. Everyone has a lot more luggage for 2+ week trip.

You are absolutely right. We have also thought about that. The luggage will be a BIG problem.

I was looking at a 28 pass shuttle bus and was thinking that maybe the safe way to go would be to only have about 20 passengers. That way there will be additional space for luggage. The cost for the shuttle is around $350 (that includes all fees and driver tip). $350/20 is less than $20 per person. How does that sound? I'm new at this...

I appreciate anyone's thoughts or other ideas!

They also offer the big motor coach bus that seats like 50 people, but that was over $600 (Fees and tip included). I guess this is an option if the group gets bigger.
__________________
Randy

DL: More times than I can count and still counting as AP holders.
WDW: BWV August 2009, SSR August 2011.
RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
Freedom Eastern 10/10/10, Oasis Western 10/13/12, Jewel Southern 10/5/13.
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
PCL: Caribbean Princess Repo PR to NYC 5/1/11.
RanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #935
MommaluvsDis
DIS Veteran
 
MommaluvsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,284

What about contacting the shuttle company and see what they suggest? Surely this can't be the first time for something like this.
__________________
MommaluvsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #936
RanCan
DIS Veteran
 
RanCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky47 View Post
My group is also flying out of Hobby (believe 2:45 p.m.). We would be interested in group transportation. There are 4 adults; since luggage is being mentioned, the 4 of us usually travel with total of 8 pieces but we keep trying to get down 6! Thank you for checking into this!! [I hate to wish away the summer but starting to get REALLY excited for this trip!]

You are added to the list with your four people.
__________________
Randy

DL: More times than I can count and still counting as AP holders.
WDW: BWV August 2009, SSR August 2011.
RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
Freedom Eastern 10/10/10, Oasis Western 10/13/12, Jewel Southern 10/5/13.
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
PCL: Caribbean Princess Repo PR to NYC 5/1/11.
RanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #937
caniac27
Earning My Ears
 
caniac27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Niagara Region, Canada
Posts: 74

I'm interested in group transport as well. We fly out of HOU at 2:10 pm. 2 adults, 2 kids.
__________________
Disney Wonder PC 9/13
Disney Dream March Break 2013
Disney Dream New Year's 2012
AKV Christmas week 2012
Disney Magic Western 11/10/12
Disney Fantasy Inaugural 3/31/12
Disney Dream Bahamas 10/30/11
AKV 9/11
Disney Wonder Alaska 8/23/11
Disney Magic Northern Europe 7/6/10
Disney Magic Eastern 12/6/08
Disney Magic Western 4/21/07
Disneyland 5/06
Disney Magic Eastern 1/21/06
Disney World 2/11, 3/10, 12/07, 11/05, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999 and many more of forgotten dates!
caniac27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #938
RanCan
DIS Veteran
 
RanCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
Not sure where my request went to but we are two looking to pool with others. Our flight is at 12:30 pm. Anyone going our way?

I always believe "the more the merrier."

It's of course totally up to you, but I'm concerned that you might miss your flight. I would be nervous about joining up with others if my flight was that early. It would be terrible to miss a flight because of others in the group slowing you down. Too many things could go wrong. I would want more control, but that's just me. It seems most of the others who have expressed interest have flights after 2:00. That sounds a little bit safer.

I just mention this out of concern.
__________________
Randy

DL: More times than I can count and still counting as AP holders.
WDW: BWV August 2009, SSR August 2011.
RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
Freedom Eastern 10/10/10, Oasis Western 10/13/12, Jewel Southern 10/5/13.
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
PCL: Caribbean Princess Repo PR to NYC 5/1/11.
RanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #939
RanCan
DIS Veteran
 
RanCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac27 View Post
I'm interested in group transport as well. We fly out of HOU at 2:10 pm. 2 adults, 2 kids.

The group is getting bigger...you're now on the list with your four!
__________________
Randy

DL: More times than I can count and still counting as AP holders.
WDW: BWV August 2009, SSR August 2011.
RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
Freedom Eastern 10/10/10, Oasis Western 10/13/12, Jewel Southern 10/5/13.
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
PCL: Caribbean Princess Repo PR to NYC 5/1/11.
RanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #940
caniac27
Earning My Ears
 
caniac27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Niagara Region, Canada
Posts: 74

FE list update for Weatherdon family: Cabin 8032 Platinum cruisers
__________________
Disney Wonder PC 9/13
Disney Dream March Break 2013
Disney Dream New Year's 2012
AKV Christmas week 2012
Disney Magic Western 11/10/12
Disney Fantasy Inaugural 3/31/12
Disney Dream Bahamas 10/30/11
AKV 9/11
Disney Wonder Alaska 8/23/11
Disney Magic Northern Europe 7/6/10
Disney Magic Eastern 12/6/08
Disney Magic Western 4/21/07
Disneyland 5/06
Disney Magic Eastern 1/21/06
Disney World 2/11, 3/10, 12/07, 11/05, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999 and many more of forgotten dates!
caniac27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #941
MPS516
Disney #2 Fan
 
MPS516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
Not sure where my request went to but we are two looking to pool with others. Our flight is at 12:30 pm. Anyone going our way?
I really have to agree with Randy, most seem to be flying out later in day. We are also catching a 12:30 but way to nervous that someone in a large group could be slowed by customs or have luggage trouble causing a delay just long enough for us to miss the flight. If there are early flight people looking maybe more likely to consider a smaller van.
__________________
WaltDisneyWorld: 1976, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014
DisneyLand / California Adventure: 1986, 2004, 2013
DCL Wonder 2001, 2009, 2011, 2013 Magic 2003, 2006, 2010, 2014 DREAM 2011
GOLF: Palm, Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, Oak Trail

MPS516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #942
MPS516
Disney #2 Fan
 
MPS516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 839

Dining

Formal Nights are Day 5 and 12
Semi Formal Day 8
__________________
WaltDisneyWorld: 1976, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014
DisneyLand / California Adventure: 1986, 2004, 2013
DCL Wonder 2001, 2009, 2011, 2013 Magic 2003, 2006, 2010, 2014 DREAM 2011
GOLF: Palm, Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, Oak Trail

MPS516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #943
sharan56
Mouseketeer
 
sharan56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS516 View Post

I really have to agree with Randy, most seem to be flying out later in day. We are also catching a 12:30 but way to nervous that someone in a large group could be slowed by customs or have luggage trouble causing a delay just long enough for us to miss the flight. If there are early flight people looking maybe more likely to consider a smaller van.
Any other early birds besides us? Need to leave ship about 9:30. I may look to see if I can change to a later time. Delta has been pretty flexible. Since you are early too would you be interested in sharing? I am a very time oriented person so no poking around here. I'll probably be up all night afraid I might miss my flight...lol
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #944
MPS516
Disney #2 Fan
 
MPS516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
Any other early birds besides us? Need to leave ship about 9:30. I may look to see if I can change to a later time. Delta has been pretty flexible. Since you are early too would you be interested in sharing? I am a very time oriented person so no poking around here. I'll probably be up all night afraid I might miss my flight...lol
Sharing an early ride would be great, like you we will be a little nervous right up until we get through the security line at the airport. There are 3 of us and we had planned on being at the front of the line to early disembark.
__________________
WaltDisneyWorld: 1976, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014
DisneyLand / California Adventure: 1986, 2004, 2013
DCL Wonder 2001, 2009, 2011, 2013 Magic 2003, 2006, 2010, 2014 DREAM 2011
GOLF: Palm, Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, Oak Trail

MPS516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #945
sharan56
Mouseketeer
 
sharan56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS516 View Post

Sharing an early ride would be great, like you we will be a little nervous right up until we get through the security line at the airport. There are 3 of us and we had planned on being at the front of the line to early disembark.
Okay.... Lets make this happen. I check around and see what I can find and you do the same. We'll pool our finding and get it done. I'll be with you in line that morning.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.