Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #916
Thekoeppens
Earned My Ears and Loved It

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta87 View Post

My TA gave me this link which is probably going to be our plan:

http://www.airporthoustontaxi.com/ar...alveston.shtml
We too have booked out of Hobby. This looks like a great option. We are just two people, perhaps someone else would like to join and create a bigger group to use this service. It would be less expensive. PM me or use FB and we can discuss
Thekoeppens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #917
Thekoeppens

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahrumpgirl View Post

We are flying out of Hobby also. Called DCL this morning and as of next week they are stopping service to Hobby so we need to find other transportation, too. As well as get our money refunded since we have already paid for our transfers. We booked on points but my girlfriend is a TA and is staying with me right now. She called the AAA TA DCL reservation line and found out for certain. She says that there is a company that charges by auto not by passenger. It might be the one you got. It might be worth looking into several of us taking a larger van and split the cost, depending on flight times. Our flight leaves at 2:10 PM and there would be 4 of us.
We will join a group to share the costs.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #918
Thekoeppens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCan View Post

Thank you! My wife and I are on Southwest and don't depart Hobby until after 6PM. We would definitely be agreeable to splitting the cost with others who need transportation to Hobby.
We actually fly out on Southwest I think we depart around 2 pm. Would share a ride and the cost with others
Old 06-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #919
dta87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekoeppens View Post
We too have booked out of Hobby. This looks like a great option. We are just two people, perhaps someone else would like to join and create a bigger group to use this service. It would be less expensive. PM me or use FB and we can discuss
I am all for saving money so whatever group we can get together that would be great. I am not sure how far out we would need to make a reservation though.

I got an online quote from them before I posted the link for a Towncar for 2 and they came back with $120 which is a little higher than the rate they show on their home screen so I do not know if rates have gone up and they haven't updated their site or if that was a mistake.
DCL -- May '03 First Cruise Western Magic; Dec '04 4nt Wonder; May '08 B2B Wonder 4nt/3nt Anniversary ; May '09 Non-Western Magic ; Jun '09 Tortola Eastern; Jan '11 Dream Maiden Voyage B2B ; Oct '12 Eastern Fantasy ; Sep '13 Panama Canal Wonder

dta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #920
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
I can't seem to find this in the general info stickies: insist possible to have a cases or 2 of water delivered to your cabin prior to departure?
I think I read it was something like $24. Not sure but I think you can bring your own.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #921
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am all for saving money so whatever group we can get together that would be great. I am not sure how far out we would need to make a reservation though.

I got an online quote from them before I posted the link for a Towncar for 2 and they came back with $120 which is a little higher than the rate they show on their home screen so I do not know if rates have gone up and they haven't updated their site or if that was a mistake.
Not sure where my request went to but we are two looking to pool with others. Our flight is at 12:30 pm. Anyone going our way?
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #922
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Is anyone else planning to do the CaboDolphin Kids excursion? I would like to book this on June 16 th when booking opens up ( with my 6 & 9 yr old boys) and wondered if any other kids from the ship might be doing it?
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #923
RanCan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
Not sure where my request went to but we are two looking to pool with others. Our flight is at 12:30 pm. Anyone going our way?
My wife and I are also in. I guess we need to figure out how many people are ready to commit this early in the process and also what time to schedule the pick up. It looks like we might be able to reserve a large shuttle bus that will seat 20 something along with all the luggage for around 250-350. That is very reasonable when the cost is split up by a large group.

DL: More times than I can count and still counting as AP holders.
WDW: BWV August 2009, SSR August 2011.
RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
Freedom Eastern 10/10/10, Oasis Western 10/13/12, Jewel Southern 10/5/13.
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
PCL: Caribbean Princess Repo PR to NYC 5/1/11.
RanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #924
Thekoeppens

Quote:

Well count us in to share a ride. Pm or FB me thekoeppens. Sharon & Curt Koeppen
Old 06-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #925
RanCan
DIS Veteran

Disembark Question

The itinerary on the DCL website shows the arrival time in Galveston as 9:30AM. What are everyone's thoughts on how accurate this will be? Any past experience? Thinking about scheduling transportation to Hobby Airport and would love to know when we will actually be allowed to disembark the ship. Thanks!

RCI: Viking Serenade Mexico 4/19/96, Monarch Mexico 10/5/07, Monarch Mexico 5/14/08,
DCL: Magic Eastern 10/11/08, Dream Double Dip 8/16/11, Wonder E/B Panama Canal 9/14/13.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #926
pahrumpgirl
Just call me "da Boss"

Quote:
The itinerary on the DCL website shows the arrival time in Galveston as 9:30AM. What are everyone's thoughts on how accurate this will be? Any past experience? Thinking about scheduling transportation to Hobby Airport and would love to know when we will actually be allowed to disembark the ship. Thanks!
From what I have heard the docking time could be delayed due to fog and other matters since the ship enters and goes up a channel for quite a ways. DCL usually says all passengers need to be off the ship by 11 AM if they are docked on time.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #927
CruzOle
1025.33 Miles From Port Canaveral FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekoeppens View Post
Well count us in to share a ride. Pm or FB me thekoeppens. Sharon & Curt Koeppen
Please also count us in for the Hobby share ride. We are 2 passengers
Thanks
CruzOle
Brenda and Evelyn
Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #928
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't know how often the fog happens, but on our quick little cruise in February, we were delayed 4 hours before we could enter the harbor due to fog. Don't know how much that happens in the summer months, but it is really bad in the winter.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #929
dta87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My wife and I are also in. I guess we need to figure out how many people are ready to commit this early in the process and also what time to schedule the pick up. It looks like we might be able to reserve a large shuttle bus that will seat 20 something along with all the luggage for around 250-350. That is very reasonable when the cost is split up by a large group.
I would prefer getting this set up early just to not have to worry about it anymore. Did you find another option that offered a larger shuttle bus or is it through that same company? We had 10 people interested a couple nights ago I am not sure exactly where it stands now.
DCL -- May '03 First Cruise Western Magic; Dec '04 4nt Wonder; May '08 B2B Wonder 4nt/3nt Anniversary ; May '09 Non-Western Magic ; Jun '09 Tortola Eastern; Jan '11 Dream Maiden Voyage B2B ; Oct '12 Eastern Fantasy ; Sep '13 Panama Canal Wonder

dta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #930
RanCan
DIS Veteran

Hobby Airport Transportation

I went back a few pages and found the following interested in sharing a shuttle from the Port to Hobby Airport:

RanCan 2
Pahrumpgirl 4
dta87 2
CruzOle 2
Sharon56 2
Thekoeppens 2

If there is anyone else interested please let us know ASAP.

Remember Disney will not provide any ground transfers to Hobby, they only provide it to IAH. We are on our own to get to Hobby.

I believe we should keep this open and available for another week or two, so we can make sure we help as many as possible. The more people we have the less the cost will be for everyone. We still have some time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: