Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #631
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

Wine Tasting

Thank you Mark for posting the Navigators! After reading them I'm thinking we want to be up at the Panama Party by the pools going through the Canal. Maybe we plan our wine tasting party on another sea day when less is going on after Mexico. Thoughts?
CrusinLattas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #632
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusinLattas View Post
In the past we have done the meet on the first day on the ship before the boat drill - that has always felt a bit rushed to me - what do you all think about having the meet on our first day at sea instead mid morning? We could do the first day if everyone wants to - I think another good time might be between the dinners and shows like around 7:30 PM. Since we will have lanyard name tags we don't want it too late in the cruise, but there have been times I barely made the meet and we were all frazzeled from the travel day. If we are not meeting pre boat drill on our first day on the ship that Deck 7 again may be a good option. What are your opinions?
Having never done this before it's hard for me to really know. Anytime, as long as it's not too early in the morning, is fine with us. It would be nice to not be rushed.

DW Author DH Retired USN Officer and Teacher 1st time DCL Cruisers
MelSpees is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #633
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch68
I might be going on this cruise and trying to find out if there is a FB page for it or how is the FE exchange being handled.

My mom and I was suppose to be going on the West bound Panama Canal cruise this coming Monday, but unfortunately, we are cancelling it tomorrow. My 53 year old husband died a week ago, and I just can't leave my dog (like my child) for 2 weeks and being out of the country, makes it worse....and not to mention leaving my house empty for that period of time.

The WBPC cruise had a private FB page. Had a contact for the FE and a link on here that had a meet for the DISboards people....and all kinds of other meets....like game night......shots night, etc.

just seeing if this cruise sounds like a fun bunch of people.

I've seen some states mentioned previously, Like Ohio and tennessee......I'm in Indiana...are there any other hoosiers out there?????
I too am looking to possibly cruise after having to cancel WBPC. I think I know you from the blog. My family as well as Anne's were down and out today as we bid our DIS/FB friends farewell. Alas though we did go as "Flateys " (dIS version of flat Stanley) on the cruise. They made one for me, my DGD Shelby, Anne and Richard. Already rec'd photos of our Flateys at the DIS Meet and Greet. Such an awesome thing to do for us. They are taking us along then sending pictures back of all the activities we do. even the kids jumped in and made clothes for us to wear. Thanks for letting me tag along till we get medical clearance and can possibly join the group on the cruise.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #634
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post

I too am looking to possibly cruise after having to cancel WBPC. I think I know you from the blog. My family as well as Anne's were down and out today as we bid our DIS/FB friends farewell. Alas though we did go as "Flateys " (dIS version of flat Stanley) on the cruise. They made one for me, my DGD Shelby, Anne and Richard. Already rec'd photos of our Flateys at the DIS Meet and Greet. Such an awesome thing to do for us. They are taking us along then sending pictures back of all the activities we do. even the kids jumped in and made clothes for us to wear. Thanks for letting me tag along till we get medical clearance and can possibly join the group on the cruise.
I'll be watching this cruise and the next WBPC for possibilities... We will need to get medical clearance to cruise, etc... It's great to look ahead. We were pretty down as the cruise we were to be on left port. Sharan and I compared notes throughout the day...
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #635
MPS516
Disney #2 Fan

Quote:
In the past we have done the meet on the first day on the ship before the boat drill - that has always felt a bit rushed to me - what do you all think about having the meet on our first day at sea instead mid morning? We could do the first day if everyone wants to - I think another good time might be between the dinners and shows like around 7:30 PM. Since we will have lanyard name tags we don't want it too late in the cruise, but there have been times I barely made the meet and we were all frazzeled from the travel day. If we are not meeting pre boat drill on our first day on the ship that Deck 7 again may be a good option. What are your opinions?
With our first full day being a sea day I think a mid morning DIS Meet and Greet would be a great idea. We would actually have time to chat instead of rushing off to the safety drill.

Quote:
Thank you Mark for posting the Navigators! After reading them I'm thinking we want to be up at the Panama Party by the pools going through the Canal. Maybe we plan our wine tasting party on another sea day when less is going on after Mexico. Thoughts?
A sea day after MR would seem like a good time for wine sharing get together as well, any of the pre canal days. We are probably going to have to check with DCL to see where they would let us hold the function, while they are lax with their BYOB policy we don't want to push it. On one of our previous cruises they reserved Sessions for our group a couple hours, mid afternoon on a sea day.
GOLF: Palm, Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, Oak Trail

MPS516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #636
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS516 View Post
With our first full day being a sea day I think a mid morning DIS Meet and Greet would be a great idea. We would actually have time to chat instead of rushing off to the safety drill.

A sea day after MR would seem like a good time for wine sharing get together as well, any of the pre canal days. We are probably going to have to check with DCL to see where they would let us hold the function, while they are lax with their BYOB policy we don't want to push it. On one of our previous cruises they reserved Sessions for our group a couple hours, mid afternoon on a sea day.
We had so many participants in the wine tasting on our previous PC cruise, that one of the cruisers was able to get Rockin' Bar D for us. She had all of the bottles lined up on the bar from sweetest to driest with tasting notes attached that people provided with their bottle of wine. This cruiser was really into wine. I have no idea how you can get this venue though. ( I can't remember the name of this lounge on the Wonder).
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #637
Paragd911
DIS Veteran

Bingo

Because people will ask about Bingo.

Normally I let "little kids" & other folks in wheelchairs pet him. But when its a ship Full of kids i don't let anyone.

He works for the "petting" that i give him. If i let everyone pet him, He wont work for me. (sorry)

I'm a trainer of Service dogs.

For FE "gifts" Toys are always good lol. He cant have "food" of any type. (his tummy)

Bingo is an Australian Labradoodle.

But i know a Dog that you can pet. I have a photo of me petting him. :-)

Mark & (Bingo) WDW to many to count.Disney Wonder Cruises: 2006 Jul(Honeymoon) , 2007 Spring Break 2008 New Year, 2009 Spring Break , 2010 Guys Spring Break, Fall break Sept 2010 Disney Magic: 2010 Birthday Eastern . Eastern March 2011 Western Dec 12 Disney Dream: 5 Days June 2011, Jan 2012, Magic Sept 2011 - WBTA Disney Fan 7 day Eastern Caribbean Jun 2012,Dream July2012 Future EBPC Sept 13
:Trip Report of the New Year Eve Cruise with a Service Dog! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2052361

Last edited by Paragd911; 07-30-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Paragd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #638
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragd911 View Post
Because people will ask about Bingo.

Normally I let "little kids" & other folks in wheelchairs pet him. But when its a ship Full of kids i don't let anyone.

He works for the "petting" that i give him. If i let everyone pet him, He wont work for me. (sorry)

I'm a trainer of Service dogs.

For FE "gifts" Toys are always good lol. He cant have "food" of any type. (his tummy)

Bingo is an Australian Labradoodle.

But i know a Dog that you can pet. I have a photo of me petting him. :-)
I did not know you were an actual trainer. I did know from reading that service dogs were not to be treated like pets. I know even with my dogs people ask me before they approach them and I appreciate that. Thank you for the education and I do so look forward to actually meeting y'all in September.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #639
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post

We had so many participants in the wine tasting on our previous PC cruise, that one of the cruisers was able to get Rockin' Bar D for us. She had all of the bottles lined up on the bar from sweetest to driest with tasting notes attached that people provided with their bottle of wine. This cruiser was really into wine. I have no idea how you can get this venue though. ( I can't remember the name of this lounge on the Wonder).
I'll call and check it out - did they charge cork fees?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #640
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragd911 View Post
This is a link to the navigators for the last Eastbound PC.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...012/#more-5384
Thanks so much for that link it's been great to read them
Old 05-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #641
MPS516
Disney #2 Fan

Quote:
I'll call and check it out - did they charge cork fees?
When we had our "special event" at sessions they did not charge a corkage but we all pitched in a couple dollars to tip the 2 cast members who were there helping us.
GOLF: Palm, Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, Oak Trail

MPS516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #642
MelSpees
Mouseketeer

Igt

I just got a notice from our TA at Small World that their is an IGT rate announced. I assume the others will be out as well. As soon as my husband gets home from choir practice, guess what we're talking about!

DW Author DH Retired USN Officer and Teacher 1st time DCL Cruisers
MelSpees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #643
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelSpees View Post
I just got a notice from our TA at Small World that their is an IGT rate announced. I assume the others will be out as well. As soon as my husband gets home from choir practice, guess what we're talking about!
Isn't it strange that they have it out before the PIFD I am seriously considering this but we really want VGT
Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #644
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post

Isn't it strange that they have it out before the PIFD I am seriously considering this but we really want VGT
The ship is still not very full. I'm with you on not wanting an inside room for two weeks. I'm sure they will open up other levels - hopefully before final payment is due!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #645
CrusinLattas
Mouseketeer

I couldn't wait - I decided to go ahead with the IGTY - worst case I would think we could upgrade at the port unless the ship really fills up between now and then. SO - our cabin number will change and we will need to relink our 2nd seating dining - the great news is I saved around $2k making the move and then moving my OBC and discount to the B2B CC cruise we are taking in 2014 -so double win! There were just too many things we could do with the savings!

Also I asked about getting a space reserved for wine tasting on our cruise - bottom line is if we reserve it early they will charge us for the spot - if we talk to them once we get on the ship we can probably get it for free - today I'm all about saving money! Why don't we plan it for Deck 7 and then move it to inside if space is available.

Are many folks on here probably going IGTY or looking to get an upgrade at the port? If so, maybe we can have a sheet at our meet where we can get the updated information on everyone for F/E groups and Wine Tasting groups etc. - that way if we get a location in the ship I can send out a text on the wave phone.

It looks like everyone I have heard feedback from likes the idea of a meet on our day at sea after we leave LA - I'm thinking around 10 AM? That way it is not too early and folks will probably have brunch at PALO that day so they will be done in time for that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: