Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which doll would you buy?
All of them! Who can pick just one 25 37.31%
Maleficent 10 14.93%
the Evil queen 10 14.93%
Queen of hearts 3 4.48%
Ursula 9 13.43%
Mother gothel 6 8.96%
Cruella 8 11.94%
None 9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #91
KuraiKodoku
Earning My Ears

Looks like things are working smoothly. When I first saw the announcement on the new series I was leery of trying to buy any.

I'm worried that as the weeks progress it'll start to ramp up like last time, where in the end, everyone was rabid in trying to get one.

I hope the Ebay flippers have realized that it's not as profitable and they won't ruin it again for those who really want to collect the dolls. I think the $20 increase in price, the bigger run (13k) and how the villains probably aren't as popular as princess' may help out collectors in the long run.

I only want Cruella and I'm debating on if I should try to get her or not. Is it worth the $80. I can only order online since there is no easy way for me to get to a brick and mortar DisneyStore. I'm still burnt from last time, my Snow White arrived with the crystal case cracked. It's not noticeable far away, but close up, it's obvious and there was no way to get a replacement. And I have a sour taste from my last disney order. The Movie Edition Eeyore plush arrived with a rip/slice in it like someone took a box cutter to it.. Disney has sent me a replacement at no cost and it's on the way.

For those who can buy in store, do so, the shipping quality for online purchases are lacking.

Anyways, I'll try for Cruella, not going to stay up until 3am though. If it's there in the morning I'll get her, and maybe Ursula and the Queen of Hearts if they're still available. For those who order online, do they get the nifty bags pictured?

Anyone know if they're going to do a limited edition ornament set of villains like they did for princess'?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #92
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

I have gotten the bags with each villain doll ordered online. Maleficent came today, evil queen had one added to cart.

My doll came no problems. My only regret is I really wanted Cruella so i bought her on pre order from eBay at double the price. I was afraid these would turn out like the princesses. So far they haven't and I'm grateful.

Can't wait for queen of hearts. Still need Aurora from princess set but it's way high in asking price right now.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #93
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

I checked my mail this morning and I got a newsletter from the Disney Store advertising the Villains. I don't remember getting a letter like this for the princesses. I wonder if the first two dolls have not been meeting their expectations sells wise. I also wonder if this will start to rock the boat on the other dolls in the weeks ahead.

My Favorite Princesses

Last edited by PrincessMarincess; 09-19-2012 at 06:06 PM.
PrincessMarincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #94
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMarincess
I checked my mail this morning and I got a newsletter from the Disney Store advertising the Villains. I don't remember getting a letter like this for the princesses. I wonder if the first two dolls have not been meeting their expectations sells wise. I always wonder if this will start to rock the boat on the other dolls in the weeks ahead.
It could rock the boat..... I am 50/50 on that. lol

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #95
Tangelders Ahoy
Mouseketeer

I just ordered the 1st 2 in the collection this am and hope I get them both in 1 piece. Any other doll collectors out there? Do you think it will be ok to take them out of their boxes to display in a china cabinet or do you think that will completely wreck the dollar value they will hold 1 day?
Tangelders Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #96
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuraiKodoku View Post
Looks like things are working smoothly. When I first saw the announcement on the new series I was leery of trying to buy any.

I'm worried that as the weeks progress it'll start to ramp up like last time, where in the end, everyone was rabid in trying to get one.

I hope the Ebay flippers have realized that it's not as profitable and they won't ruin it again for those who really want to collect the dolls. I think the $20 increase in price, the bigger run (13k) and how the villains probably aren't as popular as princess' may help out collectors in the long run.

I only want Cruella and I'm debating on if I should try to get her or not. Is it worth the $80. I can only order online since there is no easy way for me to get to a brick and mortar DisneyStore. I'm still burnt from last time, my Snow White arrived with the crystal case cracked. It's not noticeable far away, but close up, it's obvious and there was no way to get a replacement. And I have a sour taste from my last disney order. The Movie Edition Eeyore plush arrived with a rip/slice in it like someone took a box cutter to it.. Disney has sent me a replacement at no cost and it's on the way.

For those who can buy in store, do so, the shipping quality for online purchases are lacking.

Anyways, I'll try for Cruella, not going to stay up until 3am though. If it's there in the morning I'll get her, and maybe Ursula and the Queen of Hearts if they're still available. For those who order online, do they get the nifty bags pictured?

Anyone know if they're going to do a limited edition ornament set of villains like they did for princess'?
there's an ornament set available for the villains I've seen it each time I go the store. I'm waiting til I can use my $20 off coupon from the Cindy blu ray
Old 09-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #97
KuraiKodoku
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
there's an ornament set available for the villains I've seen it each time I go the store. I'm waiting til I can use my $20 off coupon from the Cindy blu ray
I've seen that one but it'd be cool to get a set of female ones that include Mother Gothel and Ursula. They should make a limited set with all the villains like they did for all the princesses.

They had newsletters before for the Princess dolls. I hope that the Villains letter doesn't disturb the process. I don't want it to draw unwanted attention, those who look for profit and inflate the demand when there shouldn't be (i.e. they buy up the dolls to sell and prevent the people who really collect them from getting them, which causes the price to inflate and make the profit-mongers scramble to buy more of them up by getting friends, family to buy them to sell. It's like a viscous circle, the demand drives the cost). But at the moment it looks like the Villains aren't as desired as the Princess dolls are.

Tangelders Ahoy, if you plan to resell them in the future then NIB (New in Box) would be worth more than an opened collectible. But if you're collecting to display for your own enjoyment then open them up. Opening an item devalues it.

Last edited by KuraiKodoku; 09-19-2012 at 04:55 PM.
KuraiKodoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #98
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelders Ahoy
I just ordered the 1st 2 in the collection this am and hope I get them both in 1 piece. Any other doll collectors out there? Do you think it will be ok to take them out of their boxes to display in a china cabinet or do you think that will completely wreck the dollar value they will hold 1 day?
Opening does devalue some HOWEVER I collect Barbie as well and sometimes if a doll is in demand even an opened on will turn a pretty penny, it tends to be 20-50 % less then a mint box. Even in a box some dolls get damaged, the plastic ties on the wrists,, feet and arms can cause grooves in the plastic , discoloration can happen from the shoes on the feet, even outfit fabric can "bleed onto" the plastic body, noses can rub against plastic and turn blue/brown etc..... The deal with collecting is if you love it and want to keep it. I say Open it, display it, pose it, photograph it ...just have fun, if you think your going to sell it leave it in the original case mint. It's really early to tell what these villains, or princesses will do in the future price wise, when I get more organized and decide exactly how I want my Disney room I may free my dolls from their plastic coffins and really enjoy them.

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD

Last edited by tony609; 09-20-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #99
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

I just received my Maleficent in the mail today (Finally!) and I am sort of disappointed. She looked gorgeous in the pictures and she is gorgeous in person, but what's with her hair! She has 4 rubber bands in the back of those pretty cone buns of hers! They look like 4 tiny pony tails you make on a little girl who's hair is just growing in. I also see a twist tie in her hair as well on one side. It's very unsightly, and I am scared to take out the rubber bands and end up ruining her hair. To display her I'd have to make sure you only see her good side lol. I assumed that the quality of the dolls would include the finishing touches that would make them as perfect as possible considering the price. Maybe I'll get over it... time will tell.

My Favorite Princesses

Last edited by PrincessMarincess; 09-19-2012 at 10:27 PM.
PrincessMarincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #100
ChezaBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMarincess View Post
I just received my Maleficent in the mail today (Finally!) and I am sort of disappointed. She looked gorgeous in the pictures and she is gorgeous in person, but what's with her hair! She has 4 rubber bands in the back of those pretty cone buns of hers! They look like 4 tiny pony tails you make on a little girl who's hair is just growing in. I also see a twist tie in her hair as well on one side. It's very unsightly, and I am scared to take out the rubber bands and end up ruining her hair. To display her I'd have to make sure you only see her good side lol. I assumed that the quality of the dolls would include the finishing touches that would make them as perfect as possible considering the price. Maybe I'll get over it... time will tell.
I was a little surprised at first with this detail as well. I believe this may have been the only way they could have styled the hair and held the look because it looks as though the banded pieces of hair were the ones that wrapped around the buns But I have no intention of removing her from her case so it really hasn't bothered me as much as it might have otherwise.
ChezaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #101
Tangelders Ahoy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the suggestions. I also collect the holiday Barbies and have not removed them from their boxes but to be honest, I contemplate it every year. I have NO intention of selling them anytime soon and would love to take them all out of their boxes to display them but then I think to myself well, you've gone this long....why open them all now and devalue all of them....Ooohhh such decisions!! I really want to get the princess dolls from last year but after all the researching, those will probably be a once in a great while purchase considering how expensive they are online!!
Tangelders Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #102
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelders Ahoy
Thanks for the suggestions. I also collect the holiday Barbies and have not removed them from their boxes but to be honest, I contemplate it every year. I have NO intention of selling them anytime soon and would love to take them all out of their boxes to display them but then I think to myself well, you've gone this long....why open them all now and devalue all of them....Ooohhh such decisions!! I really want to get the princess dolls from last year but after all the researching, those will probably be a once in a great while purchase considering how expensive they are online!!
I struggled with that on my I Love Lucy collection. I decided I wanted to enjoy them even more. So i bought glass display cases at Ike's .. Really nice ones for about 60-70 each and bought the added light feature for 10-15. I opened the dolls and have never regretted it. There in my office room and people always comment on them. My only hesitation with the princess / villain dolls is they don't come with stands and not all dolls fit all stands. Even different barbies use different stands.

Think about the great scene you could create with the evil queen giving snow white the apple. Or Ursula and Ariel....,you could even use Disney store princes to dance with your princesses. Creative minds could flourish here.

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #103
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

My friend at the DS sent me a pic of the New LE Lady Tremaine doll that will be released for the Blu Ray release. She's big like the other LE like Tiana Belle Mother Gothel etc. Not really wild about her, I wish they had done her as a designer villain instead
Old 09-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #104
Hannahlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

So whats the deal with the Lady Tremaine Doll? I know she is coming out on October 2nd and will be 99.50 but Is she in the designer collection or just a regular doll?
Hannahlovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #105
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I stopped by my store yesterday to get the nail polish and possibly the lip gloss, they did have them (finally) but I didn't like them so I left without them. I was bummed, but I just didn't like the colors so I couldn't see spending that much money on something I wasn't going to like to wear.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: