Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which doll would you buy?
All of them! Who can pick just one 25 37.31%
Maleficent 10 14.93%
the Evil queen 10 14.93%
Queen of hearts 3 4.48%
Ursula 9 13.43%
Mother gothel 6 8.96%
Cruella 8 11.94%
None 9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #151
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

My friend's store that did the release on Tues only sold 6 Gothels LOL
Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #152
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Dolls

I see that the full set of 6 is back online for purchase/pre-order.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #153
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Well, now that there is only one left to get I can safely say that I am really happy with how things have gone. I think everyone who has wanted them, us, the true fans, have been able to get them. It's great if the dolls have value but I am more happy that we can get them without having to pay crazy ebay prices!!!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #154
Monch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
Even shipping to Canada is ridiculous. $40 for a $100 order plus duties/taxes when it crosses the border.
This!

I paid $60 to ship the first 3, then I had to pay $40 in customs. $100!!!

Then I found a Disney Store north of the city that's not selling them very well, so I drove for an hour each way to save on shipping for the others.

Only 1 trip left!

I still don't understand why Free Shipping doesn't translate to Discounted Shipping (at least!) for Canada.
Monch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #155
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post
Well, now that there is only one left to get I can safely say that I am really happy with how things have gone. I think everyone who has wanted them, us, the true fans, have been able to get them. It's great if the dolls have value but I am more happy that we can get them without having to pay crazy ebay prices!!!
I agree, even though the princesses are more valuable, I'm glad that it was easier to get the villains and that those who wanted them got them and will enjoy them. I told a CM at my store how excited I was it's almost over and he said he thinks he's happier about it being almost over then we are lol.

My Favorite Princesses
PrincessMarincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #156
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

last year we got lucky and they did a free shipping weekend for Canadians. Maybe they'll do it again.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #157
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Maybe you will get free shipping soon, Disneystore.com is just wrapping a free shipping period here in the US. Fingers crossed!

My Favorite Princesses
Old 10-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #158
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

All 6 of my dolls turned up on friday, I'm so pleased with them. I have no where to really put them though

Btw, love the Ursual cosplay, thats awesome. Thanks for sharing x
Old 10-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #159
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
All 6 of my dolls turned up on friday, I'm so pleased with them. I have no where to really put them though

Btw, love the Ursual cosplay, thats awesome. Thanks for sharing x

Did they ship all 6 dolls in one huge box? And are they all the same number out of the edition size? I had pre ordered the whole lot before hand but canceled it seeing how easy it has been to get them in store. I would have had to have a friend of mine ship it from overseas as well and I felt so bad about him mailing a freaking HUGE box lol.

I had to clear off a shelf for my Villains, I really didn't want to hang another shelf. I'm trying to come up with a creative way to make an invisible floating shelf with plexiglass and some shelf braces though. I would like them to look like there floating on the wall.

I'm glad that they all got to you in one piece. I'm going tomorrow to get my paws on Cruella. Out of all the dolls she was my number 1. I hope I can get her in store!

My Favorite Princesses
Old 10-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #160
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMarincess View Post
Did they ship all 6 dolls in one huge box? And are they all the same number out of the edition size? I had pre ordered the whole lot before hand but canceled it seeing how easy it has been to get them in store. I would have had to have a friend of mine ship it from overseas as well and I felt so bad about him mailing a freaking HUGE box lol.

I had to clear off a shelf for my Villains, I really didn't want to hang another shelf. I'm trying to come up with a creative way to make an invisible floating shelf with plexiglass and some shelf braces though. I would like them to look like there floating on the wall.

I'm glad that they all got to you in one piece. I'm going tomorrow to get my paws on Cruella. Out of all the dolls she was my number 1. I hope I can get her in store!
Yeah, they all arrived in one big box and they all had the same number out of edition size. Still haven't really figured out where they are going, but then again I have 6 of the princesses and I still haven't sorted a permanent home for them yet either.

Fingers crossed you get Cruella tomorrow, she's one of my faves out of this collection.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #161
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for Cruella tomorrow
Old 10-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #162
KuraiKodoku
Earning My Ears

Good luck to those getting Cruella in store.

I can only get online, so it's going to be painful to wait an extra day.
I plan to wake up early to order, since I'm on the east coast, I for sure am not going to stay up to 3am to order it.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #163
Disneygirl03
Earning My Ears

So far the villains have been much better. I'm not that worried but I work night shift so I'm awake at 3 in the morning anyway. During the princess sales last year the site was just blocked up with people at 3am and this year I haven't had any problem.
Disneygirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #164
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Just made it back from the mall and I got Cruella! I was nervous the whole time the raffle was going on. There was a big turn out for her and so there wasn't going to be enough dolls for everyone. My name was like the 3rd to the last called. She is so gorgeous! I love the line on her box "Heartless, cold and into haute couture.." lol.

At the register my Disney Store manager told me that all the Villains merchandise is now 25% off as well. I was thinking about picking up a diary, but I would have only gotten it because I have some of them for my princesses. I wasn't so crazy over the merchandise, so I just walked out happy with my doll.

I was also sure to thank the CM's who made this whole process pleasant and fair.

My Favorite Princesses
Old 10-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #165
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMarincess View Post
Just made it back from the mall and I got Cruella! I was nervous the whole time the raffle was going on. There was a big turn out for her and so there wasn't going to be enough dolls for everyone. My name was like the 3rd to the last called. She is so gorgeous! I love the line on her box "Heartless, cold and into haute couture.." lol.

At the register my Disney Store manager told me that all the Villains merchandise is now 25% off as well. I was thinking about picking up a diary, but I would have only gotten it because I have some of them for my princesses. I wasn't so crazy over the merchandise, so I just walked out happy with my doll.

I was also sure to thank the CM's who made this whole process pleasant and fair.
Yay! I'm really pleased for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: