Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #91
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great Report! I am soooooooooo looking forward to my next trip to WDW, it's been waaaaaaaay to long! I can't wait to have one of those margaritas!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #92
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about all those areas. It is nice to hear what other people think and their perspective.

It all makes me anxious for our trip to come!!! Glad it was an enjoyable time!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #93
disney1474
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. Can't wait to read the next one!!

DVC MEMBERS AT AKV SINCE MAY 2007
disney1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #94
melk
DIS Veteran
Have you seen my DD's "crappy" (aka capri) pants??
In need of a good sippy cup
Psyched DVC Owner

Thanks for taking us along on your trip report, really enjoyed it! (and am now craving a margarita and nachos from Mexico
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #95
laura-k
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Dreamer View Post
Are you going to do BLT/BCV again? I believe if it's just my DW's decision, she'd wouldn't do a split stay again unless we did a couple days at trying a different resort. BLT is our favorite so far.
Glad you enjoyed my trip report. Thanks
You know I love BLT for pretty much the exact same reasons as you ,I like the contemporary feel, the 2nd bathroom in the 1 br,the short walk to and exspecially back in the evening from MK -the water pagent ,boat horns, being able to access the other monorail resorts easily ,oh and even the MK bus station for when family stays at riverside ,its easy to get there and back-BLT is our home resort and I do love it-
Then I tried BCV and I do like the boardwalk vibe and the pool is nice and then it's location ,location walking distance to EPCOT and HS, ice cream cones at beaches and cream and Street peformers -

I hate switching but once it's done I really enjoy both areas

laura-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:55 AM   #96
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

You are so right about it being subjective. I would definitely like a resort for WHAT I was planning to accomplish on that trip. For example, I would not book BLT for F&W I would want BCV or BWV. If I was planning meals at V&A's, Ohana and CGrill, then BLT would be a no brainer. If I wanted to do lots of relaxing and hanging out in the room I would book the THV, OKW or AKV depending on what my "crowd" was interested in, becuase I wouldn't be planning on hanging out the whole time if it were just the two of us, our guests would determine our path, so to speak.

I agree with a lot of your observations. I didn't think I would like BLT, until we stayed there! We went last year for the Destination-D and we had been to the previous ones in CA, which were CRAZY!!!!!! We figured we HAD to be at the resort hotel where it was held and there were rooms available at 3 months, so we thought it was an omen!

The whole thing was great, but we decided too that we really liked the resort as much as we thought we would hate the contemporary theme. The two bathrooms in a one bedroom were awesome and the layout of the room was great. The Monorail location was superb and we were sold! We will be back too!

The funniest thing I do have to share is that a couple years ago we had booked a trip with my parents for a January visit. We had to cancel our May trip and moved it to September. One was THV/Kidani, the Sept/Oct was BWV F&W. She asked me if we should cancel the January trip since we were going so close in September!

Silly Mom, don't you know that we can do two COMPLETELY different trips, especially with F&W going on, in 4 months! I know you folks get it and it was so nice to share your trip. I loved your crazy antics! I hope to catch another TR in the future! Great pictures!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #97
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about all those areas. It is nice to hear what other people think and their perspective.

It all makes me anxious for our trip to come!!! Glad it was an enjoyable time!
No problem, it was fun.

I enjoy hearing others perspective too. It's amazing how WDW can cater to so many different perspectives to make everyone happy.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #98
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

The next one

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1474 View Post
Great trip report. Can't wait to read the next one!!
So many folks have commented about the next one. I hope that is good karma.
DW was reviewing the points situation yesterday and reported to me that we have 144 points left for 2013. She suggested a 5 day, BLT in a one bedroom.
We'll see... Thanks.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 07-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #99
DVC_Dreamer

Your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
Thanks for taking us along on your trip report, really enjoyed it! (and am now craving a margarita and nachos from Mexico
Your welcome. Anticipation is fun too. You'll enjoy your next Mexican margarita and nachos even more after the long wait.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 07-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #100
DVC_Dreamer

F&w

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You are so right about it being subjective. I would definitely like a resort for WHAT I was planning to accomplish on that trip. For example, I would not book BLT for F&W I would want BCV or BWV. If I was planning meals at V&A's, Ohana and CGrill, then BLT would be a no brainer. If I wanted to do lots of relaxing and hanging out in the room I would book the THV, OKW or AKV depending on what my "crowd" was interested in, becuase I wouldn't be planning on hanging out the whole time if it were just the two of us, our guests would determine our path, so to speak.

I agree with a lot of your observations. I didn't think I would like BLT, until we stayed there! We went last year for the Destination-D and we had been to the previous ones in CA, which were CRAZY!!!!!! We figured we HAD to be at the resort hotel where it was held and there were rooms available at 3 months, so we thought it was an omen!

The whole thing was great, but we decided too that we really liked the resort as much as we thought we would hate the contemporary theme. The two bathrooms in a one bedroom were awesome and the layout of the room was great. The Monorail location was superb and we were sold! We will be back too!

The funniest thing I do have to share is that a couple years ago we had booked a trip with my parents for a January visit. We had to cancel our May trip and moved it to September. One was THV/Kidani, the Sept/Oct was BWV F&W. She asked me if we should cancel the January trip since we were going so close in September!

Silly Mom, don't you know that we can do two COMPLETELY different trips, especially with F&W going on, in 4 months! I know you folks get it and it was so nice to share your trip. I loved your crazy antics! I hope to catch another TR in the future! Great pictures!
I totally agree with what your saying. Your resort can reflect what you want to accomplish for the trip. We own at BLT. If my goal was F&W, I would book BLT at 11 months and try BCV at 7 months. If BCV didn't come through, I wouldn't be disappointed. Riding the monorail to EPCOT from CR is easy too.

I'd like to try OKW. We've not gone to Universal in a long time. Maybe, in the future, we'd not go to Disney Parks. It could happen. I see a TR on the board showing a day trip to Tampa for a Rays/Yankees game. There's so many options and I'd like to take advantage in future.
Thanks for your comments.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 07-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #101
Mick@Tink
Mouseketeer

Great, great, great trip report!!! One of the best I've read. Super pictures and commentary. You are a natural. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride.
Mick@Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #102
KweenofDis
Earning My Ears

Thank you thank you thank you for another great trip report!! Sorry its over~ really enjoyed reading it a lot!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #103
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

I love your TR...We had so many overlapping days in WDW...the weather was amazing wasn't it?! It seems that maybe we were always in different parks than you! You have so many wonderful pics in your TR. I need to stop being so lazy with my camera!!! Great job!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #104
Goofy DVC
OKW member since 93

AWESOME TR! Thanks for sharing. By the way, I really like your "hydration" system. Seems to work quite well. I perscribe to that same system.
Goofy DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #105
DVC_Dreamer

Great, Great, great comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick@Tink View Post
Great, great, great trip report!!! One of the best I've read. Super pictures and commentary. You are a natural. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride.
Great, great, great comments !!!

Just having fun...

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: