Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #31
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Awe shucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney4us View Post
Thanks for the trip report! I love following along. Your pictures are wonderful and you have a beautiful family!! We're hoping to try BLT next spring if possible. We'll be at BWV in October for F&W and this report is really getting me excited about that trip! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Glad I can spread the good vibes.
I feel the pictures tell the story. Let me know if you have any questions.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #32
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Had to tune in since we have a BLT/BWV split stay coming up in 5 months for our first trip to the World as DVC members!

The pictures are fantastic, and I'm looking forward to reading about your compare and contrast portion of the TR ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #33
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Had to tune in since we have a BLT/BWV split stay coming up in 5 months for our first trip to the World as DVC members!

The pictures are fantastic, and I'm looking forward to reading about your compare and contrast portion of the TR ...
This trip report is so for you!

It wasn't long ago that I was in your shoes. Only difference is that we stayed 8 nights last August at BLT for our first DVC trip. We had this split stay to compare the two locations. I do the most pictures I can so you can get the best coverage of the locations you can. And... see all the food we ate...

Keep in mind that when I compare the resorts it will be my personal opinion. What's important to me may not be what's important to you and I'll be sure to point out my bias. I say that because I was discouraged by the somewhat negative opinions about BLT. I can tell you, I'm in the opposite camp on that debate.

Enjoy and please ask me any questions you like.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 06-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #34
DVC_Dreamer

Day 4 - Move Day

I'm writing today's report on a Saturday and I have lots of pictures to share. Day 4 was an eventful day including our transition to BWV from BLT. This day requires 2 posts! I need to share resort(s), AK, Sanaa and Boardwalk and BWV. Settle in.

DW and I got everybody up early to pack and get ready for the move. We rush around packing 14 bags and tidying up. All in all, we make good time.

I made a point to snap pictures of our 2 bedroom, lake view room. Our room is on the very farthest, north side of the building on the 5th floor.

Master bedroom - I love the king sized bed, mattress, comforter and pillows. I sleep like a baby in this bed. We have so much room and it's amazingly comfortable. I love the two-headed shower including rain and one from the wall. Yes, I could live here easily.

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-06-30

Second view of master looking at master bath.

Living room and kitchen area - This layout and design is great and practical. The chair is a nice pull out bed as well as the couch. I like the kitchen island set up too.

Studio bedroom - Two queens beds is really great and plenty of room. Full bathroom here and there's another in between which give you 3 bathrooms. We never had bathroom challenges in this suite even with a girl to boy ratio of 6:2.

Here's a view from one balcony looking right at Bay Lake.

I spin around and look left and here's a cheater's view of MK. This view could be described as half MK, half Lake View. The straight ahead shot is mostly trees in front of the lake. If you look carefully, you can see Space Mtn and Castle in background.

We lug our 14 bags of stuff over to CR. I snap a couple shots of this walk and scenery. Sad... I really love this place. Exciting too, I like the adventure of checking out the next resort. Notice the monorail coming from CR. WDW is hopping early in the am. Love it.

Sky bridge, BLT and CR from below the sky bridge.

We learn from a CM after dragging our 14 bags down to bell services that we could have called bell services to bring bags. Oh well, I'm used to doing things myself. I guess it's a tough habit to break. No worries, we check our bags and they tag them for BWV transfer.

We wait for bus to AK and I take my last shot of BLT. Wow, does 3 days of BLT and WDW go fast or what? I swear the clocks run faster at WDW compared to at work.

We don't make rope drop but we're close to it. It's another beautiful day.

We make our way over to Everest. Tell me, is there any more amazing sites than the pictures you get from many angles of Everest and the Tree of Life at AK? Amazing details created by Imagineers !

I took my camera on Everest and got this shot up near the top of the ride. Now this shot is beautiful, but a little farther up the track, some Yeti ripped the entire track apart and we had to then ride backwards. (Sick as a dog) I will write a very stern letter to management about this issue. Only consolation is that the newbie teens and young adults in our group actually liked this "problem" and found it exciting. I had to have a light breakfast.

My group is all smiles despite the rugged train ride up and down the mountain of Everest and surviving the Yeti attack. My stomach, not so happy.

As if the encounter with a Yeti wasn't enough terror for one day, we travel back in time with Dinosaur's. Here's our horrifying evidence. Consolation was that we did bring back a small dinosaur as requested by tour guide.

Another major goal was attained when we stumbled upon some Pooh characters as we made our way looking for some breakfast. Our friend's favorite character was glad to see us and the feeling was likewise. Tigger is her favorite.

I got into the fun, too. Tough guys.

We eat breakfast at Pizzafari. All DW and I have are a chocolate mousse and parfait. I'm saving myself for our 2pm late lunch at Sanaa.

We mix with the Bugs. I really got "stung" by the hornets right in the back. All in good fun.

I love the Birds of Wonder show. I really wanted to be the guy sitting on the wood stump to get the picture of the low flying bird as he makes his way from back to front. You can see that I still got a good picture but a little early. You can see part of his wing on the right.

Against DS's will, we do Lion King show. It's hard to please everybody. I'm not a big fan at first but admit I did enjoy the show.

What's a trip to AK without a picture of the Tree of Life?

We begin making our way to AKL for our meal at Sanaa. We say that we'll come back to finish AK but we never do come back. Sad that we miss water rapids, Safari and Gorillas. Next time....

Sanaa is located at Kidani Village which is part of the DVC area of AKL. The restaurant is on the savannah side on the lower level. We have time to tour around before our meal. It's not crowded at all at this 2pm ressie.

Arriving at Kidani.

Checking in at Sanaa.

I've got a ton of pictures of this area so I'll continue with a new post....

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 06-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #35
disney1474
DIS Veteran

I can't wait any longer!!!!! More pictures!!!!

DVC MEMBERS AT AKV SINCE MAY 2007
disney1474 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
DVC_Dreamer

I'm such a trease

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1474 View Post
I can't wait any longer!!!!! More pictures!!!!
Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can.

It takes a couple hours to pick, upload pictures and create a trip report. Covering this 4th day may need 3 posts.

P.S. While getting a flat tire repaired this morning, I downloaded the Disboards iPhone app. It's very nice and a great way to review my pictures. Kudos to the Disboards team for this app and user experience.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 06-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #37
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Dreamer View Post
Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can.

It takes a couple hours to pick, upload pictures and create a trip report. Covering this 4th day may need 3 posts.

P.S. While getting a flat tire repaired this morning, I downloaded the Disboards iPhone app. It's very nice and a great way to review my pictures. Kudos to the Disboards team for this app and user experience.
Are you using Disney wifi to upload photos? I had a terrible time and ended up buying 4G data for my iPad because I just couldn't get photos to upload.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #38
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

As someone who has never taken the time to write a TR, thank you! I really like to read them and see all the pictures. Your TRs are wonderful - the pictures do tell most of the story and you supplement perfectly - enough info... but not too much - if you know what I mean.
Splashboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #39
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR!

I'm planning to stay at BLT for the first time next spring and your pictures are getting me so excited to do that.

Glad to get a good review of Garden Grill - definitely want to try that some time.

Looking forward to your lunch at Sanaa - that's one of my absolute favorites.

All eight of you were in that two bedroom - pretty impressive!

Your pictures are great - what kind of camera do you have? I'm looking to upgrade soon.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #40
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Glad you had such a good time. DH and I have gone twice without the kids and loved it. You mentioned how much easier it is to get around when it was just you and DW - and I concur. You had a lovely view at BLT. Can't wait for the rest of your TR at BWV.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #41
DVC_Dreamer

I'm Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Are you using Disney wifi to upload photos? I had a terrible time and ended up buying 4G data for my iPad because I just couldn't get photos to upload.
No, my trip was the 16th-24 and I'm home now. I'm doing my trip report day by day because it's fun this way and it does take a couple hours for each post. The resort wifi was fine while we were there on my iPad. I bought a universal card memory card reader at Target the day before our trip. I could not find the camera usb. I have the iPad camera kit and thankfully I was able to download my pictures from my iPhone and Sony camera each night. I'm using the iPad ImageShack application to upload my pictures to their web site.

Enjoy

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 07-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #42
DVC_Dreamer

Sony Cybershot

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
Loving your TR!

I'm planning to stay at BLT for the first time next spring and your pictures are getting me so excited to do that.

Glad to get a good review of Garden Grill - definitely want to try that some time.

Looking forward to your lunch at Sanaa - that's one of my absolute favorites.

All eight of you were in that two bedroom - pretty impressive!

Your pictures are great - what kind of camera do you have? I'm looking to upgrade soon.
My primary camera is a Sony Cybershot DSC-H55. It has a 10x zoom and 14.1 mega pixels. It's been a great little point and shoot. We bought this for my daughter a couple years ago. I had a couple days when the battery ran out and I used my iPhone. You've reminded me that I need to gather everybody's pictures. My wife took a lot of pictures with her older Cybershot and I've not yet looked at them yet.
Be careful with my reviews. I tend to be on the positive side. I'm no food critique and I can't think of a bad meal I've ever had at WDW. That being said, I'll do my best to give my opinion and feel free to ask questions.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 07-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #43
DVC_Dreamer

More Day Four

I'll need three posts to cover day four because I want to show you three DVC resorts, one park and a great restaurant. I'm adding about 25 pictures for each post.

We had a 2pm ressie for Sanna. The restaurant or resort was not crowded. I believe Sanaa was just opening when we arrived. We gave our names and had time to check out the savannah.

This shot is just outside the entrance of Sanaa. You can check out the property while you wait for your table and buzzer to go off. Cool, right?

We're starving hungry by this time. I've only had a strawberry parfait for breakfast. Let me say again that the wait staff was amazing. We enjoyed their conversation and friendliness.

This is a cool shot with the mango margarita in the foreground and a cute visitor in the background. He had a nest right by the window.

Nice panorama from inside Sanaa.

The bread starter is to die for. I really enjoyed the different breads and dips.
Highly recommended and two of these were good for our party of eight. Great starters to go with our drinks.

Pooh character tattoo's and shrimp.

DW's burger

Chicken and Shrimp

My beef and shrimp.

These dishes all have fancy names. I didn't record the names but I can tell you they were all yummy! Indian fare is the best description I can give.

After dinner, we asked the DVC CM if we could tour a room and he was very nice and helpful. There was another couple in the two bedroom demo but we were able to check it out.

Master bed

I liked this tile in the master bath.

View from the balcony. This room's not far from the main lobby.

DW and I really wanted to check out the pool. The rest of the group wanted to head to our new room at BWV. We lost and agreed to make our way to BWV. Part of our group took the bus to the main AKL to check it out and catch the bus. The rest of us took the bus to AK and then a bus to BWV. There are no buses that go from resort to resort. You have to go from a park to resort. One of us on the bus, (I'll hide they're identity) had to go to the bathroom. Our first stop was Blizzard Beach. Can't get off there and go without a ticket. Luckily, the Dolphin was our next stop. I knew it would have a bathroom and we could walk to the Boardwalk.

Disaster avoided, we make our way to Boardwalk to catch up with others.

I have a great love for this area and lots of memories from my Lotusphere conference days.

I catch a couple shots as I make my way to the Boardwalk.

I'm out of uploaded pictures and time. I still have to cover our check-in at BWV and our evening at EPCOT. Stay tuned...

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 07-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #44
Steamboat Girlie
I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh. Up and at 'em, pal. Oooh boy, are we glad you're here, big doin's goin' on, so let's get started! See ya real soon!"

DVC_Dreamer, I am loving your trip report!
Beautiful pictures. Can you elaborate on the kind on camera you have?

1976; 85; 86; 88; 96; 04; 08 - off site, 1983 - Disney's Polynesian Village, 2000 - Disneyland Resort, 02 - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, 02 - Walt Disney World Swan, 02 - Disney's Coronado Springs, 04 & 09 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas Resort, 05 - Disney's Pop Century Resort, 08, 09 & '12 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, '11 & '13 - Disney's BoardWalk, '12 - Disney's Old Key West, 13' - Disney's Bay Lake Tower

Steamboat Girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #45
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Hey now you know where I got my countdown timer photo--the tile in the Master Bath at Kidani.

Thanks for posting such a great TR. Looking forward to the BWV segment.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: