Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #76
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

We were at DCA on the same Thursday and Friday. I am interested to read about how your days went. Subbing to read in a little bit.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #77
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Your grandkids are beautiful. When we went to Disneyworld just after my older son’s third birthday, he was about 1/8” short of 40”. It was a bummer. For our Disneyland trip, he was about 1/8” short of 46” for Indy (although I think he did that on purpose). We’ve stayed at the Universal Hilton a few times. It is our hotel of choice in that area. I am glad you liked it. The walk to City Walk is fast from there too. Norman never used to be a part of the tour at US. What a cool addition. Sounds like you had a nice day there. I’ve never eaten at the Hard Rock there, but I like the one in Vegas.

I have never done any studio tours, but heard Universal will be getting a Harry Potter land in 2016 like the one in Orlando. We were excited to hear that. We love Johnny Rockets and Bubba Gump. Nice meal choices. It is weird seeing what RSR looks like from behind. That hotel really is close to your destination. Too bad there was not a whole for you to enter.

I love the look on Vanessa’s face when she got her Minnie plush. Then, Carter looked so cute with her too. We enjoyed that DtD drummer too each time we walked by him.

I am going to look for myself in your pictures now, since the 21st was our first day as well. I know what you mean about not much to do in Cars Land for babies. We were there that day for my son’s first birthday. It was sad when the height requirements were announced. He could not even ride anything in Cars Land! Glad you got the rider swap pass, so Carter could ride it a second time. Even though we know about rider swap, I never even thought to ask for them when he had people sit with Connor.

There are actually five cones that serve food. We ate from all five of them. The ice cream cone was the only one that really had a line for us as well. Even though I am not fond of IASW, I love Vanessa’s reaction to it. If we got reserved seating to a parade, I would watch them more often. That is nice Disney magic. We did Minnie’s breakfast on Saturday. Poor Vanessa with Captain Hook. I love the pictures of Carter at 17 months. My boys love the characters too. Connor mostly just stares at them while Xander really loves the interaction. Oh No. Vanessa did not like Pooh either!

My husband did the fastpass line for us the same days your husband did them for you. He was behind you guys the first day and in front of you the second day. We had River Belle Terrace for lunch the next day. I am bumming that I did not think about getting rider swap passes. We only got to ride it once each day rather than twice. Lesson learned for next time. Nice shots of them coming down. We watched the 6:20 Aladdin show the same day.

I liked Luigi’s Flying Tires a lot but my husband did not, so I know what you mean by mixed reviews. Looks like you had a great time at Cars Land. I never saw our group in any of your shots, and we had a large group. When I go through mine, I will have to look for you guys. If I find any, I will let you know.

My oldest always pretends to be a train and stares at himself in the mirror. He is Vanessa and Carter combined. I love the pictures so much. No matter who put the bucket on Vanessa’s head, I love the picture. It is adorable. The smocks they wear over their bathing suits are adorable. Mimi’s was a nice way to end the trip. DH loves that restaurant. We had three day park hoppers, and that was not enough either. I want to go for five on our next trip. DH has already been warned.

on returning next year. Glad your younger daughter gets to go with you next time.

I enjoyed reading your report and am glad you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #78
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
There are actually five cones that serve food. We ate from all five of them. The ice cream cone was the only one that really had a line for us as well.
Thank you! I went back and made the correction in my report and fixed a few typos in the process!

Thank you so much for your detailed response! It sounds like we were in the same areas of the parks at close to the same times. It would be funny if we ended up in some of your pics, but of course, there were tons of people around, especially in Cars Land.

We got a big kick out of Vanessa and her bucket! We all cracked up when we looked over and saw her sitting there with it on her head! My daughter, Megan, even grabbed her camera and got a short video of Vanessa sitting there, singing to herself and swaying back and forth. If I figure out how to post it, I'll share it here.

I'll have to check out your trip report. I hope you and your family had a wonderful time at Disneyland!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #79
luvflorida

I logged on to my photobucket account this evening and saw that many of my photos are missing. There are red Xs in the place of the photos, both in my photobucket album and therefore in this trip report.

It's especially frustrating because I recently paid for a year's membership for a pro account. I've sent an email to photobucket and hope they can fix the problem. Until then, I apologize for the missing photos.

Anyone else here using photobucket to upload photos? Anyone else having issues?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #80
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvflorida View Post
I logged on to my photobucket account this evening and saw that many of my photos are missing. There are red Xs in the place of the photos, both in my photobucket album and therefore in this trip report.

It's especially frustrating because I recently paid for a year's membership for a pro account. I've sent an email to photobucket and hope they can fix the problem. Until then, I apologize for the missing photos.

Anyone else here using photobucket to upload photos? Anyone else having issues?
I just checked mine as well when I saw your post. Some of my pictures on the reports and photobucket have the red x as well. I do not have a paid membership. Hopefully, this is something they are working on, but I have seen other reports with the same problem over the past year or so.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #81
luvflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I just checked mine as well when I saw your post. Some of my pictures on the reports and photobucket have the red x as well. I do not have a paid membership. Hopefully, this is something they are working on, but I have seen other reports with the same problem over the past year or so.
Thank you so much for checking! I paid for the pro account because they said I exceeded my monthly bandwidth allowance, or something like that. So I was really ticked to have paid the money and then log on and see red x's!

Hopefully, they'll fix the issue quickly.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #82
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

What a wonderful trip report! I loved seeing all of the photos of your grandkids and hearing about their experience. My grandson is 18 months old and unfortunately lives 3000 miles away. I hope to take him in the next year or two.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #83
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Hi Luv.

Sorry, I never came back to comment more. During the time you were writing your report is the busiest time for me at work. I loved it though and it helped me prepare for our trip. Loved your pictures. Not going to give you my thoughts on our trip. Have a TR going myself and don't want to lose my readers.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation. Hopefully Vanessa will enjoy the character dining next trip. I can't believe how much her and Carter have grown. Hope you get back soon.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #84
luvflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
What a wonderful trip report! I loved seeing all of the photos of your grandkids and hearing about their experience. My grandson is 18 months old and unfortunately lives 3000 miles away. I hope to take him in the next year or two.
Thank you so much! It is wonderful experiencing Disney with grandkids, and I hope you get to take your grandson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Hi Luv.

Sorry, I never came back to comment more. During the time you were writing your report is the busiest time for me at work. I loved it though and it helped me prepare for our trip. Loved your pictures. Not going to give you my thoughts on our trip. Have a TR going myself and don't want to lose my readers.

Glad you enjoyed your vacation. Hopefully Vanessa will enjoy the character dining next trip. I can't believe how much her and Carter have grown. Hope you get back soon.
Hey, Thumper_Man! Glad you enjoyed my trip report. Now I need to make my way over to read yours!

We do plan on going back to Disneyland sometime in the spring. We're going back to California in November, but not to Disney. We're taking the family to Knotts Berry Farm over Thanksgiving. None of us have been before, and we're looking forward to it. The grandkids love all the Peanuts characters, especially Snoopy, so it should be a lot of fun! It'll be interesting to see if Vanessa warms up to the characters. I really hope she'll like them. I know Carter will love seeing Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the gang!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #85
sevenmotions
Earning My Ears

Well, I am super late to the party, but I just wanted to say thank you for the awesome trip report! I just read throught whole thing on my lunch break the pictures of your granddaughter on IASW are great. It is nice to be reminded of what Disney is like through a child's eyes.

sevenmotions is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: