Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #31
KaChow
Winning every race

What a magical moment! My DS would DIE to get a button from Mater! Loving your TR, keep it coming!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #32
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaChow View Post
What a magical moment! My DS would DIE to get a button from Mater! Loving your TR, keep it coming!
That button is certainly very special to Carter! Love that Disney magic!

I'm trying to post the rest of Day Four, but photobucket is acting crazy!
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #33
luvflorida

Okay, let's see how long photobucket keeps functioning tonight. The next two photos go along with my last post.

Waiting for the Disney Junior Stage Show.

Jake and the Pirates

After Disney Junior, Megan and Daniel took Carter to the Muppet Vision 3D Show and Larry and I strolled Vanessa up and down Buena Vista Street.

Red Car Trolley

Walt and Mickey!

We caught a performance by the Red Car News Boys which Vanessa found quite entertaining. So did we!

Mickey Mouse happened to walk by and he waved to Vanessa. She was not at all impressed! This was our first clue that the character breakfast we had scheduled for the following morning might not go as well as we hoped it would.

Five and Dime Jazz

Megan, Daniel and Carter met up with us and we decided to head over to Pacific Wharf to grab some lunch before heading over to RSR for our 1:10 time slot.

The above photo reminded me that, at the risk of causing a heated debate, I have to address the strollers in Disney thing. I read so many complaints here on the boards about people being run into by strollers, and I'm sure it does happen. However, I've found that a lot of the time it's the other way around. We are always so careful with strollers and try hard not to bump or run into anyone, yet we're always trying to dodge people that think nothing of walking or stopping right in front of a stroller. I've had people practically fall into the stroller trying to run in front of it.

Okay, I'm done with my stroller vent! Everyone needs to watch where they're going, with or without a stroller! Also, excuse any dirt you see on our strollers. The nicer, double stroller was left at home! That way, if one got stolen, it wouldn't be as big a loss!

Last edited by luvflorida; 06-28-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: fixed pic
luvflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #34
ManusDei
Mouseketeer

I love your trip report, this is awesome! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. Looking forward to the rest of this TR!

P.S. I must admit, I'm likely the type of person to totally walk in front of a stroller dangerously close, so I'm terribly sorry on behalf of myself and those people!
ManusDei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #35
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I'm loving your cute report. We love staying at CCI too and have stayed there 3 times now. I lost track of days. What day of the week did you go to CL and get those early return times for RSR?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
luvflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManusDei View Post
I love your trip report, this is awesome! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. Looking forward to the rest of this TR!

P.S. I must admit, I'm likely the type of person to totally walk in front of a stroller dangerously close, so I'm terribly sorry on behalf of myself and those people!
Apology accepted! It just seemed to happen a lot on this trip. Maybe due to the crowds and everyone so enthralled with looking at everything in Cars Land. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I do remember we were stopping a lot because people were not really paying much attention to where they were going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
I'm loving your cute report. We love staying at CCI too and have stayed there 3 times now. I lost track of days. What day of the week did you go to CL and get those early return times for RSR?
We got a return time of 1:10-2:10 on Thursday, June 21st.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #37
luvflorida

DAY FOUR- continued- So we left Buena Vista Street and walked over to Pacific Wharf. We got sandwiches from Pacific Wharf Cafe and sat at a table near the water. The sun felt good and the views were nice. It was a relaxing lunch.

Carter liked the Power Packs that were offered at some of the eating places.

I like this shot with Mickey's Fun Wheel in the background.

We watched Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Dance Party then headed over to Cars Land and the Radiator Springs Racers.

There were a lot of people there! The single rider and stand by lines were long, but the fast pass line didn't look long at all. People were walking down the ramp with ease. There just seemed to be a lot confusion in the area with people all over the place. We had decided that Megan, Daniel and Carter would ride first while Larry and I stayed with Vanessa. A CM measured Carter (he's 40" and his sandals put him a tiny bit taller) and off they went.

We weren't going to do the baby swap since it wasn't really necessary. Larry and I would ride as soon as the others were done. A cast member saw us standing there with Vanessa and walked over and handed us a blue piece of paper. We've never done a baby swap and weren't sure what the paper was for. I read it and told the CM that we had fast passes and didn't really need to do a baby swap. She smiled and said, "I'm only trying to help you out, (and here she was being funny) buuuuuuuuuuuut...if you don't want an extra ride on the racers..." Whaaat? I didn't realize we could the baby swap pass and THEN use our fast passes.

While we waited for Megan, Daniel and Carter to return, Megan texted me the color of their car and the color of the car they were racing. Even with that info, we missed seeing them go past us. At that time, we didn't realize there was a much better viewing area on the other side by Flo's Cafe. We were standing by the exit area. The next day, I got much better pictures!

I think they were only gone about twenty minutes when we spotted them walking back from riding. The fast pass line couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes or so.

They LOVED RSR! Carter was smiles and wanted to ride again! I was afraid the ride would be too intense for him, but his favorite part was when the cars raced. He kept saying he liked "the tractor tipping part, where Frank went fast!"

Happy little guy! He LOVED it!

Since we had the baby swap pass, Megan and Carter got to ride a second time. Daniel stayed with Vanessa, and Larry and I took off down the fast pass lane with Megan and Carter. Now, I'm not fond of fast rides and I don't do coasters or anything with too much motion, but I wanted to ride the racers at least once. I'm glad I did! Of course, I was the only person in the car clutching the side and screaming (the photo on display at the photo booth confirmed this). Even though I may or may not have been terrified () during portions of the race, I would do it again...sometime...not this trip...but sometime.

Spoiler Alert: Stop here and avoid the following pictures if you don't want to see photos from the interior of the ride. I know some people would rather wait and experience it without seeing photos first.

Stand by line

The yellow car we were racing. We were in a dark red car.

So Carter got to ride twice and would get to ride twice the following day. Of course, he wanted to go again as soon as he finished his second ride, but when we mentioned ice cream, he happily took Grampa's hand and walked with us to the Cozy Cone Motel.

Last edited by luvflorida; 07-08-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: fixed captions
Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #38
luvflorida

There are five "cones" that serve refreshments and the only one that had a line was the one for ice cream. While we sat and enjoyed our ice cream, Megan went to look around in one of the shops. I think it was Sarge's Hut. She surprised Carter with a toy replica of the tractor and trailer from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Sharing his ice cream with sister.

The kids were getting tired and Vanessa hadn't napped in the stroller, so we decided to go back to the motel to rest for a few hours. On the way out, we stopped and watched the Pixar Parade, then took the CCI shuttle back to the motel.

Last edited by luvflorida; 07-08-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: fixed captions
Old 06-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #39
luvflorida

Larry and I went to our room while Megan and Daniel put the kids down for naps. The connecting doors were partially open and we coud hear Vanessa playing and talking to herself in her pack 'n play. Carter was asleep within minutes, but Vanessa was wide awake! After about half an hour, she was still wide awake, so Megan suggested we put her in her stroller and walk back to the Parks. So the guys stayed at the motel and Megan, Vanessa and I went back to Disneyland. Larry, Daniel and Carter would catch up with us after Carter's nap. Vanessa fell asleep in her stroller before we were out of the motel's parking lot!

We decided to go to the Disneyland Park and walk around while Vanessa slept.

When Vanessa woke up we had time to take her on It's A Smalll World before the guys met up with us.

Vanessa was absolutely mesmerized by everything in IASW!

This was her expression the whole time, just fascinated by it all. So sweet! We were glad she liked it so much, especially since Cars Land didn't hold much appeal for her. We were looking forward to spending time in Fantasyland tomorrow, knowing she'd love it.

Larry, Daniel and Carter met us after IASW. Larry and I kept Carter and Vanessa with us while Megan and Daniel went off to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They rode it twice and also did the Haunted Mansion.

Larry and I took the kids on the Storybook Land Canal Boats then headed over to Main Street to get a spot for the 6:30 parade. Larry watched the kids while I went in search of drinks and snacks.

Megan and Daniel joined us and some of that Disney magic came our way. We were sitting on the curb at the end of Main Street and a CM walked over and asked if we'd like to move to a different spot. We kind of hesitated and Megan said, "Sure, if it's a better spot!" The CM told us to follow him and he took us across the street to a small area with benches that were roped off. The rope had reserved signs on it. There were two rows of benches and he directed us to the front row right near the curb. Nice! We thanked him and settled in to watch the parade. We'd never had that happen in all our trips to WDW and Disneyland!

It was too cute the way Vanessa waved to all the floats and characters! She was fine as long the characters kept their distance!

Last edited by luvflorida; 06-29-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #40
luvflorida

After the parade we walked over to Tomorrowland, had dinner at the Pizza Port, then rode the Disneyland Railroad around the Park.

Elvis sighting!

Pizza!

Earlier we had told Megan and Daniel that we'd keep the kids with us this night while they went off together to enjoy the Parks by themselves. Larry and I took Carter and Vanessa back to Cars Land so they could see it lit up night. The wait time for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was only twenty minutes, so I took Carter on it. It was his second time riding it and my first. It really was a lot of fun!

Waiting in line to ride Mater.

It was getting chilly and the kids were getting tired (ok, so were the grandparents!) so we walked back to the CCI. Vanessa fell asleep in her stroller and I managed to get her pjs on her and get her in the pack 'n play without her waking up. Carter watched tv with us and when we heard the fireworks start up, we stepped outside our room to watch them. Carter fell asleep in our room and when Megan and Daniel got back, they put him in with them. They spent time in both Parks and got to see World of Color. They said they really enjoyed their night.

Tomorrow would be another early day. We had 8:10am reservations for the Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast at the Plaza Inn and Daniel was going to stand in line at DCA for fast passes to RSR.

Last edited by luvflorida; 07-08-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: fixed pic and captions
Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #41
StephNJer
Mouseketeer

I completely know what you mean about people walking right in front of strollers. So many times, we have had someone walk around us because we are walking too slow, and step right in front of our stroller, allowing us no time to stop. The times we have accidentally hit someone's ankles when they do this, THEY give US a dirty look. Sheesh.... LOL

My DS would have a permanent smile on his face if he got a button from Mater. What an awesome, magical thing that CM did for your Grandson! His smile is priceless!

12/2005 HOJO - First trip with DH
4/2008 Annabella - DD's first trip
5/2009 HOJO
11/2010 HOJO - DS's first trip and trip with my mom
2/2011 HOJO - DH birthday trip
10/2011 Red Lion- First Mickey's Halloween Party
6/2012 BWPPI
1/2013 GCH -My birthday trip!
1/2014 BWPPI - Ran Tinkerbell 10k!

url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
StephNJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #42
Jkpark
DIS Veteran

Your stroller rant actually has me thinking. My girls are 4 and 6, but we usually still bring the double stroller b/c they do get tired of walking and sometimes it is just faster to get where we are heading for them to hop in and off we go. But we also do our best to not run into people, and in crowds, where people are weaving in and out - it means we barely get to move - much easier for a person walking to hop in front of me than for me with my double wide to do the same. Sorry for the long intro - anyway - do you think we would be better off leaving the stroller behind at least for EE at Carsland? I can't figure out if it will be harder to keep us moving with kids on feet or in the stroller

WDW: Dec '85 (offsite), May '01 (offsite), Nov '02 (POFQ/Swan), Jan '07 (POP), Oct '08 (offsite), May '11 (SSR), Sept '12 (offsite/BLT)
March 2012 Aulani
Plus lots of trips to Disneyland
Jkpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #43
luvflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephNJer View Post
I completely know what you mean about people walking right in front of strollers. So many times, we have had someone walk around us because we are walking too slow, and step right in front of our stroller, allowing us no time to stop. The times we have accidentally hit someone's ankles when they do this, THEY give US a dirty look. Sheesh.... LOL

My DS would have a permanent smile on his face if he got a button from Mater. What an awesome, magical thing that CM did for your Grandson! His smile is priceless!
Carter is still talking about how Mater knew he was visiting Cars Land that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpark View Post
Your stroller rant actually has me thinking. My girls are 4 and 6, but we usually still bring the double stroller b/c they do get tired of walking and sometimes it is just faster to get where we are heading for them to hop in and off we go. But we also do our best to not run into people, and in crowds, where people are weaving in and out - it means we barely get to move - much easier for a person walking to hop in front of me than for me with my double wide to do the same. Sorry for the long intro - anyway - do you think we would be better off leaving the stroller behind at least for EE at Carsland? I can't figure out if it will be harder to keep us moving with kids on feet or in the stroller
I think it might be harder to maneuver with a double-wide stroller, but you could certainly do it. We liked having the two single strollers because Carter didn't always need his, so we'd just park it in whatever area we were in, then go back for it when we were ready to move on. If we were covering a lot of ground (back and forth from the motel or from one area of the Parks to another) it was much easier to have both kids in the strollers.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #44
luvflorida

DAY FIVE- Friday, June 22nd- A little tap, tap, tap on the connecting door to our room woke me up at 6am. I got up, opened the door and Carter came bounding into our room ready to start the day. He informed us that Mom said he could come visit us. We were all up and on our way to Disneyland by 7:30am. Daniel ran to the pool area and got a bagel and some fruit to eat on the run since he wasn't doing the character breakfast with us. After going through security and the Disneyland Park turnstiles, we gave all our tickets to Daniel and he headed right over to DCA to wait in the FP line for RSR.

The rest of us went down Main Street to the Plaza Inn. We checked in and were given our breakfast buttons.

There were only a few people eating breakfast and by the time we left, it still wasn't crowded. We knew from past experience that Carter would absolutely love the character breakfast. He was 17 months old (a month older than Vanessa is now) when we took him to WDW for the first time and he was not the least bit afraid of any of the characters. In fact, we had a hard time holding him back in line and waiting his turn! He marched right up all by himself to every character and hugged them. It was the cutest thing ever!

Interrupting this trip report with a few pics of Carter with the characters in WDW when he was just a little guy:

Okay, back to this report! Vanessa was a different story! She did not like the characters! She didn't mind them too much if they were at a distance, but the second they got too close she would scramble to get away and start to cry. I was hoping to get some cute pictures with the two grandkids with the characters, but it was not to be. I guess we'll have to try again when she is older! She does like to eat, though, so she did enjoy her Mickey waffles.

The only character that Carter was a bit leery of when we did the same character breakfast when he was a little over two years old was Captain Hook. But not this time around.

Carter with Captain Hook in November 2010:

Carter with Captain Hook this trip:

The characters were great with Carter and they spent a lot of time playing with him and being silly, especially Winnie-the-Pooh and Eeyore.

Not a face Vanessa wanted to see!

Eeyore was pretending to be mad at Captain Hook for upsetting Vanessa.

And he blocked Vanessa so Captain Hook couldn't see her.

Hugs for Eeyore!

This was as close as she got to Eeyore.

"Maybe if I don't look at him, Mom, he'll go away."

Last edited by luvflorida; 07-08-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: fixed captions
Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #45
Jkpark
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I like the idea of taking the stroller on the walk to the park, but parking it for Cars Land. Love your trip report!

WDW: Dec '85 (offsite), May '01 (offsite), Nov '02 (POFQ/Swan), Jan '07 (POP), Oct '08 (offsite), May '11 (SSR), Sept '12 (offsite/BLT)
March 2012 Aulani
Plus lots of trips to Disneyland
Jkpark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: