Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #181
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

quick question please: is there a use by time, for instance I know the FL resident tickets have to be used 6 mths from first day used, is that how the military ones work to? I ask cause I was thinking of using two days, then using the other 2 days another time...??
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper PreciousRIP
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #182
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

You can use them any time up to Sept. 30, 2013. Yes, you can use 2days one month and 2 days a few months later, no problem.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #183
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
You can use them any time up to Sept. 30, 2013. Yes, you can use 2days one month and 2 days a few months later, no problem.
thanks a bunch! Trying to work around when the kids are out of school and the sports they play,this will help out alot!!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper PreciousRIP
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #184
shburks
DIS Veteran

Random question but hoping experts will know...

If my FIL and my husband are eligible to purchase tickets (one retired military, one active duty military) could we essentially get two sets of tickets to use at two different times during the period?

For ex, we go as immediate family (2A 2C) in Oct and dh gets our tickets and we use tickets. Need to buy four. Go back in January with inlaws...can FIL buy 6 tickets for MIL, FIL and the four of us to use?

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #185
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks
Random question but hoping experts will know...

If my FIL and my husband are eligible to purchase tickets (one retired military, one active duty military) could we essentially get two sets of tickets to use at two different times during the period?

For ex, we go as immediate family (2A 2C) in Oct and dh gets our tickets and we use tickets. Need to buy four. Go back in January with inlaws...can FIL buy 6 tickets for MIL, FIL and the four of us to use?
This is a good question.

If my family of three wanted to go twice this year, we'd have to buy all 6 tickets at one time, as per the new rule, but we could all essentially be in the computer as visiting twice. I see no reason that you couldn't do this, as long as your FIL is the one who activates the 2nd set.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #186
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

From what I understand, yes. The ticket allotment is per military member. They don't care who the other people are

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #187
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

Should be no problem.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #188
Audilee821
Earning My Ears

This has probably been answered at some point, but I'll ask again. My father (retired army) was going to get me park tickets with the discount so I can go to the parks after I run the half marathon. He's not able to be there until the tuesday after the race, but I have ADR in the MK on Monday. How will I be able to activate my ticket without him there? Or do I not get the discounted tickets? Thanks.
Audilee821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #189
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If the tickets are the deeply discounted four day Armed Forces Salute tickets they can only be activated by the service member or spouse at a ticket window at a WDW Park and they will not work in a turnstile unless activated.

And if you have a reservation with a card guarantee and you do not show up because you do not have valid park admission you will forfeit the guarantee/prepayment.

If they are the MYW tickets sold at a slight discount from gate (about 5%) with no tax by the military, they are live tickets and do not require activation.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #190
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audilee821 View Post
This has probably been answered at some point, but I'll ask again. My father (retired army) was going to get me park tickets with the discount so I can go to the parks after I run the half marathon. He's not able to be there until the tuesday after the race, but I have ADR in the MK on Monday. How will I be able to activate my ticket without him there? Or do I not get the discounted tickets? Thanks.

Hi,

The military member must be there to activate the Armed Forces Salute tickets, so you won't be able to use that on Monday.

So your options are to buy a one day ticket for yourself, or he can buy one at his Base Ticket Office at about 4% off for you. As long as he can get the kind that is ready for use and doesn't need to be exchanged.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #191
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audilee821 View Post
If you are registered for the race you can get discounted park tickets through RunDisney. They aren't as good of a deal as the salute tickets that your father would have to activate, but it s very nice discount!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #192
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

I'm assuming that since we are now past October 1, that the new Salute tickets are available for purchase. I was going to call today about them, but our nearest MWR office website still just has the link to the old expired offer. Has anyone purchased the new tickets yet?
ZellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #193
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB View Post
I'm assuming that since we are now past October 1, that the new Salute tickets are available for purchase. I was going to call today about them, but our nearest MWR office website still just has the link to the old expired offer. Has anyone purchased the new tickets yet?
Our MWR office is not good about updating their website/ticket info, but they most likely have them. If not, they will have them at Shades of Green and the ticket window at the parks (but you have to pay tax there).
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #194
allboyz
Mouseketeer

Blackout dates

Hi! My husband was finally able to get some time off of work. Unfortunately, it falls the first week of April. I called the Disney line and even though their system was not up she told me that that is during the blackout period.
She said the hotel or tickets could not be used. I asked her about SOG special tickets and she said they also could not be used. I'm not sure what we are going to do. I don't know if they have any special packages for a family of 4. They probably would not offer it during that week anyway. If any of you have ideas for us (besides changing my husband's vacation times..that is not possible) I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
allboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #195
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

So, you are going Easter week?
There are 2 types of military tickets. The Armed Forces Salute tickets and the other is regular tickets that are offered at a special discount. Both are available at SOG or your local MWR/ITT office on base.

I would try calling Shades of Green and finding out if they have any availability.
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
arthuruscg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: