DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

I was worried about that same thing happening so I told him DO NOT mess with it if there is any chance we could lose the reservation. He told me he was going to remove my 2 DDs and my DH from the reservation so it would be in my name - then add them back on.

After he did so he confirmed it was still there. I went back to my email confirmation I got when I initially made the reservation and clicked on the link - it came up fine.

I also went to the DVCmember site and looked for my vacations and it was there as well.

Hopefully it stays there or believe me - heads will be ROLLING! This is a Christmas reservation - at VWL 22-29th. I do NOT want to lose it.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #17
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by VrBchJ View Post
This happened to me at AKV last month. The guard at the guard shack didn't have my reservation. At the front desk they couldn't find it either. I was having heart palpitations! Finally they found the reservation under the name of the friend who was traveling with me. The parking permit was in her name not mine. I have since looked at all my upcoming reservations and of my 8 reservations I'm lead on only one. I was going to ask MS to change it so I'm lead but if there's any chance I'd lose my ressies I'll just leave well enough alone.
When I was checking into BLT in January, that happened to me! The parking permit and the reservation turned out to be in DSis name.
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

This happened to us last week at VWL... it was in my dad's name. BLT was mine..then VWL my dad, then SSR mine again. It made sending our luggage a bit confusing to bell services. Going from my name to his..back to mine. ugh
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #19
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Happened to us in Feb. everything was in my aunts name and she was not even arriving for several days later. They could not even find our check-in packet since i did on line check in because it was filed under my aunts name! Gets worse I booked and paid for the segway tour at Epcot for 4 people including my aunt ,my credit card paid for it all and 3 people were under my last name, aunt canceled (I called with name change) when we arrived reservations were in her last name and my name was missing completely, it had 3 people listed all wrong names and said 4 people! Major IT/res agent issues!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Happened to us in Feb. everything was in my aunts name and she was not even arriving for several days later. They could not even find our check-in packet since i did on line check in because it was filed under my aunts name! Gets worse I booked and paid for the segway tour at Epcot for 4 people including my aunt ,my credit card paid for it all and 3 people were under my last name, aunt canceled (I called with name change) when we arrived reservations were in her last name and my name was missing completely, it had 3 people listed all wrong names and said 4 people! Major IT/res agent issues!
That is completely inexcusable! I mean seriously - how hard is it to get competent people to design the software?

Old 06-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #21
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

When I called about purchasing Annual Passes for our December trip(upcoming), they could not find the reservation in mine or DH's name finally the CM "asked who Annabelle was?" I said "My two year old daughter." to make a long story short the reservation was in her name and spelled wrong. The CM said she had it all straight when we got off the phone and I still see it online but now I am worried!!

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran

I think they are aware that this is going on - but I don't have a lot of faith that they are really doing much to fix it.

Perhaps an email campaign to let DVC know we want this fixed and we want it fixed soon is in order.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #23
LOUTED76
Earning My Ears

This is the response I received yesterday....

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest and we would be happy to assist you with
your reservation details. *Our DISNEY VACATION CLUB Resort reservations
no longer have a primary Guest listed. *This feature has been removed
due to the fact that many times Guests arrive at different times and now
any adult listed on the reservation can check in.

If we can assist you any further with your vacation, please let us know.

Have a magical stay!
LOUTED76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran

LOL sounds like a lame excuse for we know we have issues but really don't want to take care of it.

I don't have a problem with adults who are also on the contract being listed as primary. I do have a problem with a child or adult whom is NOT on the contract being listed. (but that is just me).

I am sure they could allow any adult (with ID)who is listed on the reservation to check in without making that person the primary.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #25
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUTED76 View Post

Have a magical stay!
That's a silly response. People arriving at different times have been able to check in long before this problem with the software. And obviously there's still a primary because the reports are that reservations can't be found unless you can figure out who that is. We had this happen on out last reservation too.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
*This feature has been removed
This has been so (that any adult could check in) since *at least* December 2010. Nothing new there.

The problem *for us* has been at the GATE. having to run through all the people on the reservation until you hit the one that they chose to put on the list is NOT a joyous way to start your vacation, let alone your FIRST WDW (yes we bought DVC before going to WDW) vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Jen View Post
I don't have a problem with adults who are also on the contract being listed as primary. I do have a problem with a child or adult whom is NOT on the contract being listed. (but that is just me).
Why?

For our situation, I'm the associate. So, I'm not "on" the contract. However, I book everything and get everything in order. And by golly, it should be my name on that front-gate list! Shouldn't have to be *only* DH.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #27
alice99
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have a magical stay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
That's a silly response. People arriving at different times have been able to check in long before this problem with the software. And obviously there's still a primary because the reports are that reservations can't be found unless you can figure out who that is. We had this happen on out last reservation too.

Great info for me

My husband and son are arriving one day after I arrive with my daughter. I've had problems at other timeshares checking in without him..... because, as the man, he is always listed first. This (man listed first or primary) tends to be the default in most contracts (mortgage, banking, timeshares, RCI account etc....basically everything). Which normally I don't mind, but it can become a problem at times.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #28
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

For our situation, I'm the associate. So, I'm not "on" the contract. However, I book everything and get everything in order. And by golly, it should be my name on that front-gate list! Shouldn't have to be *only* DH.
If you are the associate you should be allowed to be there - I agree. I was primarily referring to someone bringing a friend who was not even on the DVC contract as an associate.

Just really surprises me that they would list the reservation under a person who #1 didn't make the reservation or #2 wasn't even the primary or associate on the contract.

If we bring a friend of one of our daughters with us I certainly would NOT be happy if that reservation ended up being listed under the friends name.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: