Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #1411
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Hi, Mary Ellen!!! Okay, I would have come unglued as well when Denny walked in with a small bag, but that mental image is hilarious!!! Glad a margarita and Illuminations made it all better!

Between your post and Cynthia's, I wish we had seen Yeehaw Bob while we were at Riverside.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #1412
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post


So I just have to say that I went for a 25 mile bike ride this morning. I'm pretty proud of myself, since I rarely (Ok never) ride my bike anymore.




Seriously, all of your Illuminations photos are gorgeous!

But I like this one the best:





Although the one you fancy is pretty awesome, too!

Are you using a tripod for these? A big one or just a little easy to carry one?

Oh, yeah, and did you find it really dark as you walked from Norway around the World Showcase lagoon? When we went that way during EMH, I swear I couldn't see a think when we were near the African outpost area. No lights at all!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Up Next..... Can We make Rope Drop at Epcot or is even that too hard for us?

I'm gonna say you had horrible success at Rope Drop, just like Poolrat. A few minutes late.

.

Last edited by natebenma; 10-07-2012 at 11:33 AM.
natebenma is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #1413
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,346

Fantastic Illuminations pictures and I am going to have to consider Norway as a viewing location in the future! Don't worry... our secret.

By the way, I think the Boardwalk gym is great. Pretty similar to WL in terms of size, equipment and set up. I may see you at the BW gym as the BC gym is under refurb. As for location, if you were walking back from the Boardwalk, you'd take a right after the Wyland Gallery in the "tunnel" and it's on your right. The scary clown pool will be straight ahead.
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #1414
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,210

I think your Illuminations pictures are fabulous! I never even try because my shots always turn out blurry or streaky.

I also love the POR food court and the make your own pasta is a favorite. They do give you TONS of pasta, its a good deal.

Great idea to end the night with Yee-ha Bob! What a fun ending to the day!
CandleontheWater is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #1415
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,362

I agree with Dee - I like that picture best too.
The Eiffel Tower is so clear! And you know I'm partial to the tower!

I hope you make rope drop at Epcot, but I'm guessing someone has a hard time getting going?
Mndisneygirl is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1416
amazingact21
Upendi
 
amazingact21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest, FL
Posts: 2,652

I liked all your IllumiNations shots! Especially the ones that had the lamp as the focal point; made me feel like I was watching the show again.


That make your own pasta dish was huge! Glad you both were able to get plenty of food to fill you up. I didn't even know they offered that at POR.


The parking at the BW sounds horrible. Everyone knows that people who arrive in cars are going to have mountains of luggage to tote to their rooms, so it's just mean to park them all the way in the back and expect them to haul it all the way through the lot, then the resort, then to the room.
__________________
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge




Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #1417
Millie12591
DIS Veteran
 
Millie12591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, Texas!
Posts: 3,723

25 miles, way to go girl!!

Austin is big into cycling and it's something I've thought about getting into, just not there yet. I've also thought about rowing, don't ask me why, it just interests me.

I liked your pictures of Illuminations, some of the best I've seen not done on a tripod, very impressive.
As far as firework pictures go, it's never an easy thing to do unless you have a tripod. At least that's what I keep reading. I have a higher powered point and shoot, one step away from a DSLR and it has a fireworks feature, but I'm highly doubting it will take really good pictures unless it's on a tripod. We'll just have to wait and see.

I've thought about seeing Yehaa Bob while Mackie and I are staying our last couple of nights at POR, but I'm not sure by that point in the trip we'll be up for much of anything extra. We'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens.
__________________
Camille~Mom of the greatest kiddos a mom could be blessed with~

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #1418
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
OMG Mary Ellen... I posted on your tr earlier and I actually came over to ask you a question about food and wine... and I realized my post didn't post.... I am going to kill my computer....



It is trying to gaslight me but I will prevail...
Ugh to the computer. I hate when computers don't work right. I am having issues with my work computer. On Friday I finally gave up. I hope your computer is working better today.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I basically said something to the effect that your pictures are awesome...

&

You are my idol with that 25 mile bike ride... (I'm starting the coach 2 5 K plan... I feel insignificant...)
Glad you like the pics. Please don't be impressed with the 25 miles bike ride. My bike is very easy to ride and I had Denny in front of me breaking the wind, so to speak. He rides all the time. Plus, I used to be crazy about biking, logging several hundred miles a week. It took up a lot of me free time. Those days are long gone.

Congrats on the couch to 5K. Running stinks when you first start it, so don't give up. It will get easier and when it does you will enjoy it. Keep me posted on your progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Anyhow what I wrote was much better the first time but the dam* computer...

Anyway... I was just thinking about Food and Wine and I was wondering when do the Food and Wine brochures- you know the ones that list all the events come out... I mean how many months before?

Just curious...
Maybe 5 or 6 months. Honestly, Cynthia paid better attention to that then I did. She picked the special events we are going to. I am just showing up for the ride. I love when I'm not the only who has to plan everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Fun night! Illuminations, gigantic pasta and Bob. I can only imagine how wiped out you both were.
It was a really fun night and that pasta was so good! I'm glad that we went over and saw Bob. He was great, as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Rope drop.....,hmmm
Let's just say that I was determined to have the same rope drop experience that I had during our May girl's trip. I wanted to be in the first 10 people to make it to Soarin. All I am going to say is that isn't exactly what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm with you on the fireworks pictures, I might not even attempt any on this trip.
I am going to continue to attempt it. I'm an addict. I can't help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Which I'm starting to drool over...I spent my lunch perusing menus and making a list of what I want to try. Lol!
I guess I should probably do that, but I am basically open to trying anything, so in a way I want it to be a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I'm all caught up
Yeah!!!!! And welcome back. I am so excited to read all about your wonderful trip. I can hardly wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
We did not catch Illuminations even once while we were there so I enjoyed your pictures.
Thanks! I am so surprised you guys totally missed it, but I am sure you were busy with other fun stuff. I find that sometimes its hard to fit everything in during a short trip (and even during a long trip), so something always has to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Bob's show is a lot of fun so that sounds like a great way to end your day!
I'm really glad we got to head over and see it. I really enjoy Bob and he seems like a genuinely nice guy who has a lot of talent.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #1419
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I wonder how the world would function without Google or Youtube. Also I'm sure Google loves the free advertising that they get when
people just post somewhere that they googled something.
How did we ever get along without computers and smart phones? Seriously, I think about that a lot. Technology has really enhanced our lives in so many ways.

Is the word google a verb in the dictionary yet?


Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Also I have to say I love Illuminations too it's my favorite Disney Fireworks show. It's a pyromaniacs dream come true especially the Inferno barge.

It really IS a pyro's dream come true. You are so right about that. The inferno barge is really, really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post


The last picture is the Inferno barge being put away for the night during EMH, apparently it used to be stainless steel, the black on it is not paint that's what the burning propane has done to it over the years.
That's a pretty cool picture. I wonder if they have to completely replace the barge periodically? Interesting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Yehaa Bob looks like so much fun! Between your post & Cynthia's recent post, I think we have to go see him!
Oh - you definitely should. Its a great show. It's just so unique and fun. It's definitely worth seeing at least once. I figured we should take advantage of the car and use it to go see Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
And I totally know what you mean about the BWI/BWV parking lot! Luckily we didn't have to go back & forth to our car when we were there because it's definitely a hike!
Ugh - that parking lot was so stupid. There were SO many empty spaces and we had to walk a mile. Fortunately, we found a short cut from our room which made the walk so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Mary Ellen!!! Okay, I would have come unglued as well when Denny walked in with a small bag, but that mental image is hilarious!!! Glad a margarita and Illuminations made it all better!
It is a pretty funny image, isn't it? I still picture the moment he walked in and I was like "What the...........?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Between your post and Cynthia's, I wish we had seen Yeehaw Bob while we were at Riverside.
You would love him. See, another reason why you have to go back. I can think of more reasons if you'd like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks. It's the bike, not me. I wanted to quite, but I told Denny if once I got my @$$ on that bike I wasn't stopping until I rode 25 miles.


Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Seriously, all of your Illuminations photos are gorgeous!

But I like this one the best:


Thanks. I do like the pictures that show more of the scenery, but they tend to be really hard to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Although the one you fancy is pretty awesome, too!

Are you using a tripod for these? A big one or just a little easy to carry one?
I rarely use a tripod anymore. I have brought it to WDW a few times, but its so miserable to carry around. I've gotten better and don't get nearly as blurry shots as I used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Oh, yeah, and did you find it really dark as you walked from Norway around the World Showcase lagoon? When we went that way during EMH, I swear I couldn't see a think when we were near the African outpost area. No lights at all!
Come to think of it, it was pretty dark. I remember on one of my girl trips we still had a kimmunicator that we had to return in China and I literally was scared because it was so dark hear the drop box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm gonna say you had horrible success at Rope Drop, just like Poolrat. A few minutes late.

.
Let's just say that my arrival didn't go exactly as I planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Fantastic Illuminations pictures and I am going to have to consider Norway as a viewing location in the future! Don't worry... our secret.
Thanks! Well, as much time as you spend in Epcot you deserve to try all the viewing spots. Definitely give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
By the way, I think the Boardwalk gym is great. Pretty similar to WL in terms of size, equipment and set up. I may see you at the BW gym as the BC gym is under refurb. As for location, if you were walking back from the Boardwalk, you'd take a right after the Wyland Gallery in the "tunnel" and it's on your right. The scary clown pool will be straight ahead.

Thanks for the information about the BW gym. I will definitely have to check it out...in how many days now???????

Wait - I DO remember where it was because it was actually close to my room. DoH!

I have to say, I really do enjoy running around the Boardwalk area. That was great. So much to see.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #1420
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,654

Great Illuminations pictures! After writing a few TR's myself, I don't like to put up a lot of fireworks pictures anymore either, but yours are so beautiful, I love looking at them!

Great plan to go to POR for the night! I didn't know YeeHaw Bob had such a following though, I'd like to check his show out since we'll be staying there, but I'm not sure if we'll ever actually get there!

Hope you make it to rope drop the next day!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #1421
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,064

Wow, that's awesome, a 25 mile bike ride.

I love all of the Illuminations pictures! I'm pretty bad at getting fireworks pictures, but I'm not gonna lie, I don't have the inclination to have a lesson to learn to take them better anyway.

You are so right about the BW parking lot! It's insane! It's the one thing I'm not looking forward to about staying there. I am that big of a dork though and I'm going to pay for valet. Because for real, it's just easier. It's not that I mind the walk.....I'm just always in a hurry it seems. But that just leads me into another rant as to why free valet was taken away from DVC members....but I digress....

Hahaha, we'll just call it that. A box full 'o' pasta.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #1422
vamassey1
DIS Veteran
 
vamassey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 3,243

Seems like I'm always trying to get caught up.

Love the pictures of Illuminations! The very first time I saw it in 2002 we stopped at the last minute and got a great spot, but I could never remember where that was. I'm beginning to think it was Norway. I remember it being pretty close to the end of World Showcase and Mexico just doesn't look right. I'm going to shoot for that spot again in the future.

So sorry for the long walk to the car. I know that feeling well, you just have to keep going. I didn't get a chance to try diner at POR when we stayed there in Feb but Danielle did. She had the pasta bar too and loved it! We also missed Bob. He was only playing on our first night. We were just too tired to stay up. Another item for the ever growing list for someday.
__________________
Newest report! Laissez les bon temps Rouler... Feb 2010...
My first Disney trip report! Hurry and Fly Away to Neverland



April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #1423
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I think your Illuminations pictures are fabulous! I never even try because my shots always turn out blurry or streaky.
Thank you. I've gotten better at taking firework pictures by using the manual settings on my camera, but I still feel like I could do better if I learned a little bit more.

BTW - welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
II also love the POR food court and the make your own pasta is a favorite. They do give you TONS of pasta, its a good deal.
It really IS a good deal. Its definitely enough for two people and I would order the exact same thing again (well, let Denny order it because I have no what he actually ordered).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
IGreat idea to end the night with Yee-ha Bob! What a fun ending to the day!
Bob is always a great ending to the day. I love his show. It's so energetic and engaging. Everyone should get to see Bob at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I agree with Dee - I like that picture best too.
The Eiffel Tower is so clear! And you know I'm partial to the tower!
Yes - I know you are a big fan of the Eiffel tower. And you are so lucky to have actually gone up it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I hope you make rope drop at Epcot, but I'm guessing someone has a hard time getting going?
Let's just say that my morning didn't go the way I had hoped it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I liked all your IllumiNations shots! Especially the ones that had the lamp as the focal point; made me feel like I was watching the show again.
Thanks! Did you get to see Illuminations on your recent visit? I'm sure it was hard to do everything you wanted in such a short amount of time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
IThat make your own pasta dish was huge! Glad you both were able to get plenty of food to fill you up. I didn't even know they offered that at POR.
That was the surprise meal of the trip. Seriously, there is NO WAY one person could have eaten all that pasta. It really makes a nice bargain option for a meal. I wonder what other resorts have that same station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
IThe parking at the BW sounds horrible. Everyone knows that people who arrive in cars are going to have mountains of luggage to tote to their rooms, so it's just mean to park them all the way in the back and expect them to haul it all the way through the lot, then the resort, then to the room.
I think you basically need to use bell services if you park a car, which we obviously did not do. I think what bothered me is that there were SO many empty spaces in the valet lot. So Annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
25 miles, way to go girl!!

Austin is big into cycling and it's something I've thought about getting into, just not there yet. I've also thought about rowing, don't ask me why, it just interests me.
Cycling is a great sport if you have safe, convenient roads to ride on. It's so different from running in that it is so much less spontaneous. All your equipment has to work right and you have to take an active role in maintaining it.

I think rowing looks really cool. Sometimes I see people out a river near my drive home and it looks so interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I liked your pictures of Illuminations, some of the best I've seen not done on a tripod, very impressive.
Thank you! That's very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
As far as firework pictures go, it's never an easy thing to do unless you have a tripod. At least that's what I keep reading. I have a higher powered point and shoot, one step away from a DSLR and it has a fireworks feature, but I'm highly doubting it will take really good pictures unless it's on a tripod. We'll just have to wait and see.
I wonder how those firework settings actually work. I think when your shutter is open longer you definitely need something to stabilize the camera. I'll be curious to see how the setting works for you on your upcoming trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I've thought about seeing Yehaa Bob while Mackie and I are staying our last couple of nights at POR, but I'm not sure by that point in the trip we'll be up for much of anything extra. We'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens.
Even if you wander over there for his first set, its so worth it to see his show. I really enjoyed it, probably more than Denny did. You guys are going to have a great trip!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #1424
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great Illuminations pictures! After writing a few TR's myself, I don't like to put up a lot of fireworks pictures anymore either, but yours are so beautiful, I love looking at them!
Thank you! I'm surprised you don't want to post your firework pics because your night time pictures have all been beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great plan to go to POR for the night! I didn't know YeeHaw Bob had such a following though, I'd like to check his show out since we'll be staying there, but I'm not sure if we'll ever actually get there!
There are totally Yee Haw Bob groupies. I have seen him two or three times and there are ALWAYS people there that know every word to every song. They all sit up close. It's fun. If you can fit it in, definitely talk a few minutes to see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Hope you make it to rope drop the next day!
Let's just say the beginning of my day didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wow, that's awesome, a 25 mile bike ride.
Thanks. I was pretty proud of myself, although my bike is really easy to ride. That's why I will never sell it. I loved that bike when I first bought it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love all of the Illuminations pictures! I'm pretty bad at getting fireworks pictures, but I'm not gonna lie, I don't have the inclination to have a lesson to learn to take them better anyway.
Thanks! Sometimes its just better to watch the fireworks and not be so intent on taking pictures. I wish I wasn't such a camera addict. I just can't seem to put my camera down because I am always looking for that perfect picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
You are so right about the BW parking lot! It's insane! It's the one thing I'm not looking forward to about staying there. I am that big of a dork though and I'm going to pay for valet. Because for real, it's just easier. It's not that I mind the walk.....I'm just always in a hurry it seems. But that just leads me into another rant as to why free valet was taken away from DVC members....but I digress....
Exactly. What WAS it taken away? That was a great perk and I never really took advantage of it and then *poof* it was gone. I know Denny would never pay for valet, so it wasn't even an option. He is way to "old school" for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hahaha, we'll just call it that. A box full 'o' pasta.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Seems like I'm always trying to get caught up.
I know that feeling, only all too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Love the pictures of Illuminations! The very first time I saw it in 2002 we stopped at the last minute and got a great spot, but I could never remember where that was. I'm beginning to think it was Norway. I remember it being pretty close to the end of World Showcase and Mexico just doesn't look right. I'm going to shoot for that spot again in the future.
Thank you! I bet that spot was Norway because you can walk right up there at the last minute, literally, and get a great view of the show. I know there are other spots where the globe is closer, but this is the non claustrophobic spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
So sorry for the long walk to the car. I know that feeling well, you just have to keep going. I didn't get a chance to try diner at POR when we stayed there in Feb but Danielle did. She had the pasta bar too and loved it! We also missed Bob. He was only playing on our first night. We were just too tired to stay up. Another item for the ever growing list for someday.
That walk to the car was such a pain, but we did find a short cut the next day.

That pasta bar was yummy. I really enjoyed it! I can't imagine Danielle even making a dent in that pasta.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #1425
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,012

The Illumation pictures gave me a look at what I missed on our last trip! Never saw any fireworks the entire trip!

Geat job on the bike ride. We need to get back on ours & hit the road. There are so many bike paths in Ohio it isn't hard to find a good place to ride.
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: