Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #1321
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of Daytona Beach, MEK. Mark and I used to go there once every couple of years and spent part of our 25th anniversary there (after Disney, of course). Then we found Marco in 2009 and we've not been back to Daytona.

Your friends yard is beautiful, and I love the mother duck protecting her eggs.

I've always loved that you could drive on the beach.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #1322
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pictures of Daytona Beach, MEK. Mark and I used to go there once every couple of years and spent part of our 25th anniversary there (after Disney, of course). Then we found Marco in 2009 and we've not been back to Daytona.
I have never been to the beaches on the gulf coast, but I understand they are all fantastic. Denny really wants to get over there on one of our visits. But it is nice to have a place to stay and such wonderful hospitality in Daytona.

Quote:
Your friends yard is beautiful, and I love the mother duck protecting her eggs.
Isn't that duck amazing. I was fascinated. I watched that nest for the longest time. So cool.

Quote:
I've always loved that you could drive on the beach.
It is really a nice feature. So darn convenient. If I lived there I am sure I would buy a yearly pass.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #1323
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I love your beach photos !! Since we live so close to it, I guess I take it for granted. We really enjoyed our beach trip this summer. I was 12 years old though, when I saw the beach for the first time. I was born in Iowa and we didn't travel much. And then we moved to Houston and took a day trip to Galveston. I remember thinking how vast the ocean was and later that sand was EVERYWHERE. Catching up with old friends is always so much fun. Even if there is a hangover involved. I hope lunch helped you get it out of your system.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #1324
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your trip to Daytona Beach looks like so much fun! How nice that you were able to catch up with K and T! That's really cool that they spent 7 years sailing around the world!!

Hahaha I now feel VERY educated on rip currents, thanks to you and Glenn!

Your lunch on the pier sounds really good! I love places like that!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #1325
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wowwwww, what an adventure, sailing off around the world for 7 years!
My parents have been to Daytona beach several times, I love looking at their pictures too, but they aren't as good as yours What a gorgeous place.
Sounds like you guys are having a great visit so far!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #1326
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I love your beach photos !! Since we live so close to it, I guess I take it for granted. We really enjoyed our beach trip this summer. I was 12 years old though, when I saw the beach for the first time. I was born in Iowa and we didn't travel much. And then we moved to Houston and took a day trip to Galveston. I remember thinking how vast the ocean was and later that sand was EVERYWHERE.
I live pretty close to the beach, too so I often take it for granted. However, I do not think the Delaware beaches even start to compare with the beaches from NC on south. That's why so many people here end up vacationing at the Outer Bank.

I do think it would be difficult to live in the midwest and never see a beach. Seems like such a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Catching up with old friends is always so much fun. Even if there is a hangover involved. I hope lunch helped you get it out of your system.
We did have a great visit. Several DISers encouraged me to make the decision to go spend the night there. Originally I was going to do a day trip, but I'm glad we decided to spend more time with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your trip to Daytona Beach looks like so much fun! How nice that you were able to catch up with K and T! That's really cool that they spent 7 years sailing around the world!!
I'm so glad we made the decision to spend the night at K & T's house. It was a lot of fun.

They are pretty remarkable people for having the guts and the intelligence to sail around the world. I am certain that most people I know could never do that. It really is a serious and dangerous undertaking.

Quote:
Hahaha I now feel VERY educated on rip currents, thanks to you and Glenn!
See, you really DO learn things from reading Disney trip reports.

Quote:
Your lunch on the pier sounds really good! I love places like that!
That was such a great place to eat. Perfect for the day and the mood. It really was a lot of fun. The only thing I didn't enjoy was my constant fear that I was going to lose my phone (my OCD kicking in )

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Wowwwww, what an adventure, sailing off around the world for 7 years!
It really was a pretty remarkable journey and I didn't tell half of it. I really wish they would write a book or a blog or something. It's fascinating. Really. Seeing them in NZ was so cool. I wanted to meet up with them the next year in Australia, but by then Brian had arrived, so there was no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
My parents have been to Daytona beach several times, I love looking at their pictures too, but they aren't as good as yours What a gorgeous place.
Sounds like you guys are having a great visit so far!
I think my pictures may make it look a little better than it actually is. But I was having a great time fooling around with the lens filters and I really did get a good evening for taking pics. It is a great beach to go to during a Disney visit because its close and there is a lot to do.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #1327
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Loved hearing about your visit with K & T ... it's nice to be able to combine vacation with a visit to friends...

Great photos... and I can't even imagine being able to drive up on a beach... ... no happen in these parts ... .... I almost fainted when I found out you can make bonfires on California beaches...

Your talking about Daytona, got me thinking that there is so much more to Florida that WDW... that it would be really fun to do a Florida road trip......

The pull of Disney is soooo strong... but It would be fun to check out the rest of the state- at least a little bit...

Hmmm....gonna think about that a bit...

Speaking of Disney... isn't your next trip just around the corner...?

(Pictures Mary Ellen lots of them... especially of Food & Wine...
Old 09-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #1328
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Oooh i saw that menu for Morrocco and could taste the shawerma.mmmmm

I have never been in that QS in Japan. Its beautiful back there!
You really made the most of a quick trip around WS.
AOA is so colorful but i agree the inside hallways were not appealing. I think its the blue. But i would like to explore it myself. I think i could take a week and just visit DTD and the resorts!

Daytona beach looks just lovely. How nice to have a chance to catch up with old friends.

Nice cliffhanger. What does happen when you dont check in online?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #1329
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Beautiful beach pictures! That duck nest is the cutest thing!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #1330
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I've been to Daytona Beach several times. Usually during spring break & the beach is usually cold & quite windy. We did get the car stcuck in the sand one time. You have to be careful to stay where the signs tell you!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 09-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #1331
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I have caught up.

What a great report so far.

Nice that you 2 now have adult time.

Where is the path to OKW? We r staying SSR and would love to walk over for our Olivia's dinner?

Too much to comment on. Seems like an overall good time with the family.

That lunch in Morocco looked so good. it is on my list.

Daytona Beach is so fun. I love going and parking on the beach.

Looking forward to more.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #1332
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tour of AoA. Not sure I'll have the chance to stay there so it's nice to see the resort through other people's pictures.

Fun 24 visit with your friends. So cool that you can park on the beach! I think that would make me nervous though... having all those cars driving around near the people.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #1333
MEK
DIS Veteran

Replies later today. I have to do the church music thing today and I just starting looking at my music this morning. Forgot there were some serious key changes that are bound to mess me up. Oh well.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #1334
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

What a wonderful visit with your friends

I would love to do something like that, what a fabulous adventure they had! If only I had more money...

Loved the pictures as usual Especially the umbrella ones. I agree, that last one was definitely post card material.

I hope church goes well.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 09-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #1335
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous pictures of Daytona! It sounds as if your friends have led a very adventurous life. I'm sure it was great to spend some time catching up with them on the lanai even if the end result was a slight hangover.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: