Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #676
krhst25
Mouseketeer

Yeah! They made rope drop and your SIL knew how to use the FP machine! I have to psych myself to go on Roller coasters too and I do love them! Unfortunately, I have a slight case of motion sickness but a pretty brave 7 year old that needs an adult companion for them. So I take a half of Dramamine and go. I can only go once every so many hours. We haven't been on RnR because she is not tall enough... I think next time.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #677
VACamm
DIS Veteran

I just love your pictures! I really need to make a mental note to take pics of everything next month.....food, rides, trees, characters.....I want to document everything !!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #678
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
DH was looking over my shoulder while I was reading this update. We both got a kick out of the lady holding her kids down too. She really does look the one that needs help.
She sure sat in the wrong seat to be any sort of restraint, didn't she? That picture is pretty comical. And little did she know it was going to be on the DIS boards.

Quote:
RRC is DH's favorite ride, but TOT is mine. I'm glad everyone had a great time on these.
I think I like RnR just a tad more because I like coasters more than drops. I love the first loops on RnR. Sooooo cool!

Quote:
Do I see someone else carrying your camera bag? How did you get your son to do this?
I think he felt sorry for me because I was a mess with my bags. I kept dropping things and reorganizing things. I guess he figured I might walk a little faster if I had some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Yay for rope drop!!
Can you believe it? About time, right? And it made all the difference.

Quote:
Love RnRC, hate to call any attraction my 'favorite' but it is definitely up there!
I definitely agree. It's a great coaster. There's nothing like cruising through the dark at warp speed with Aerosmith screaming in your ear. Gotta love it!

Quote:
I too am cracking up over the lady in green in your ToT pic
That picture is pretty comical and I am shocked that I didn't even notice her at first. Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
I love all of the ToT pictures!! It's nice to see the inside of the line. Yes, it's one of the only rides that I've never been on before. I also have no desire to go on this ride. I don't like the feeling of free falling. LOL! It's one of my worst things ever. I have a recurring dream that I'm driving in my car and come over the bridge and fall to the ground. LOL! So, I have absolutely no desire to do this ride!! LOL!!
Glad you like the queue pictures. You really should take a walk through there someday and then just go out the alternative exit. It's pretty cool.

I hear ya on the free fall. I am not a fan of those straight free falls. This ride, fortuantely, is not like that. You drop, but then you go back up again. And the falls are mostly pretty short, plus there are great views of the park.

Quote:
We love RnR. It's been a favorite of ours for years!!
It really IS a fun coaster!

Quote:
We love the Great Movie Ride!! It's one of our favorite places to spend an afternoon.

Can't wait to read more!!
Well, stick around for my next update because I took a TON of pictures in GMR. That's why I ended the update. I have at least 50 pictures from in there. It's the first time I took a camera in there and came out with a lot of great non-flash photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
You have truly outdone yourself with those ToT pictures, so fantastic!
Thanks Pam! I must have had my shutter speed settings set exactly right because I was surprised at how well those pictures turned out. Truly luck!

Quote:
Hooray for rope drop! They're getting into it finally
I know, finally, right? They had such a better day getting up early at in the park by 9am. It really improved their experience 200%.

Quote:
Those are two of my favorites. Score on the early FPs.
Can I just say that having someone getting the TSM FPs while we focused on RnR and ToT was perfect. Normally I can't get to all three rides in the morning when its crowded, but this was perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I seriously can't believe you're already on Day 5 of the trip! Seems like y'all just go there.
I know, but no worries because I still have 5 more days to go before Denny and I get home!

Quote:
I love, love, love RNRC!!! I mean....I would love to thank the genius who thought to combine 2 of my favorite things: roller coasters & Aerosmith.
Out of all the coasters I have ever been on RnR and EE definitely have the most interesting story lines and queues. The backstory really enhances the whole experience and I when I think of RnR I immediately hear Steven Tyler singing...er....I mean screaming, in my ear!

Quote:
I love all of your ToT pictures. They're lovely!
Thank you! I am very pleased with the way they all turned out!!!! I must have been having a good camera moment.

Quote:
Those 2 little girls in front of y'all give me hope for Reid! That woman in the front row in the (I think) green shirt cracks me up!

Those little girls were freakin' adorable. They did great - and I told them exactly that at the end of the ride.

The women in the green shirt, that's a whole other story

Quote:
The dump shop at ToT is one of the best, IMHO. They always have some of the cutest items. Another good dump shop (again, IMHO) is the one at POTC.
I totally agree. I love both of those dump shops. they just suck you right in. I love how the ToT shop just keeps that old hotel theme going right until the time you exit the door. Its awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Caught up but mega comments.

I guess we have a whole club of those who can't find WPE.
At least YOU didn't walk into a planter because you were starving.
I totally forgot about the planter incident! Thanks for cracking my up this morning. Not only did you have an allergic reactions to peas, but you probably had one heck of a bruise!

I
Quote:
should have gotten that !!!
It would have been a heck of a lot safer! Just sayin'

Quote:
The dreaded peas
I am SO glad I am not allergic to peas. total bummer!

Quote:
Somebody's creme brulee

mmmmmmmm
I will definitely order that the next time I go to WPE! It's the clear winner in the dessert category!

Quote:
I love that wine glass and I think I actually had it in my hand on my last trip. Not a wine drinker but I could make some turtle crawls and drink those out of the special wonderful glass.

Oh, I mix all kinds of things in that glass. Definitely not just for wine, IMHO!

Quote:
Little Mismatched???? I think.
That's the name - thank - I knew someone would know it!

Quote:
Meant to mke it over there and didn't Honestly cannot remember what stopped me- maybe too tired???

That needs to be rectified.
It definitely needs to be rectified. October? The ritas in that place are totally yummy. No - they are not the Ditch, but they are a close runner up.

Quote:
Love the woman in front

Quote:
I always wonder that too and I may have given a tug on the door at one time.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #679
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Oh I LOVE your pictures of the Tower of Terror! I think it has the greatest theming. When I've been in December the lines have been so short I haven't gotten as good of a look as I'd like (not that I'm complaining, really), so I love pictures of the old hotel. And yours are great. Thanks so much!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #680
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Today was Day 4 of my Brother’s family park ticket. The good news? Everyone was up early this morning. I’m not sure how that happened, but it did and far be it from me to question it.

Quote:
I was totally prepared for my brother’s family NOT to like this park, but guess what? By now they were actually getting into the Disney groove and they loved it.

Did you buy a lottery ticket that morning?

Quote:
I collected all the park tickets and gave them to my SIL so she could get TSM FPs for the group. Woo hoo – she was finally going to use the FP machine.
Always nice to have someone do that run for you.

Quote:
I know that RnR is always busier than ToT,
Hmm...wonder why?

so that was our logical first ride.

Quote:
It took me a long time to overcome my fear and there are still rides I just won’t go on, but at least I can do RnR or ToT. About 15 years ago that would have been impossible.
So, you see, I still get nervous before thrill rides. And that is why I never seem to remember to take my camera out to get the best shots. Once I get into the back alley, all I want to do is calm my nerves.
I totally get that feeling. Good job overcoming your fear!

Quote:
Here's our redneck ride photo. We are in the back row on the left.
The others have already commented on the lady in front, so I'll just add a

Hadn't seen those figures in the windows. Cool!

Quote:
So what did we do to kill time?

Up Next..... A Ride into the Movies
Wow, you must have been really bored.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #681
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

I am loving your report! Yay! for making rope drop, too!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg currently in progress

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #682
amazingact21
Upendi

Whoo hoo for making it to rope drop! I know that it's important to make it to opening in all the parks, but I feel like the one place you REALLY NEED TO is Hollywood Studios. Between everyone running to TSMM and trying to hit up the two mega coasters in WDW, it's easy to fall behind if you arrive late.

Your pirctures did make me feel like I was at RNRC! It's my favorite ride, and just seeing the alley made me all excited. I love that thrill you get from watching other cars take off as you wait in line. But, I'm like you, I'm not a huge fan of roller coasters. RNRC is the only upside down ride I've ever done. And I refuse to do ToT anymore. One time was enough for me!

It's great that you all were able to go on both rides and not have to worry about TSMM FPs. A nice little reprieve from the usual madness that is a DHS morning.
Between hitting up RNRC, getting 10:30 TSMM FPs, and taking a spin on the Great Movie Ride....you just described my ideal morning at that park!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #683
KatMark
DIS Veteran

for making rope drop. I am surprised more people DON'T do it...it is amazing what you can get done at rope drop (or EMH's in the a.m.).

Sounds like it was the start of a great day and that you hit up some big attractions wtih not too long of a wait.

I think RnR is always busier because it breaks down so much more than TOT.

Love the photo of you guys on TOT!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #684
Epaima
Mouseketeer

Finally caught up with all the updates!

Great pictures as always. They really transport me to WDW and the parks.

Seems like you are all having a great time at HS - no drama!

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #685
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Finally I am caught up!

First i feel bad for your SIL. While i have maaaged to not toss my cookies i have come close a few times. Last year we rode everest then Khalie three times in a row...no line....Omg my world was spinning and my stomach doing flips. So bravo to Sil for not letting it end her day!

I was gla dto Nick was finaly well enough to go the next day. Poor kid! The good side to his not feeling well was your solo time with a book and a solo cup!

Wow thet SIL did the FP run and you did Rr and ToT. Never did RR (see tossing cookies above) but i love Tower. The theming is awesome. The first time i rode it i held Katie across the lap. I was so not prepared to leave my seat!

Cant wait to see if the rest of the day is as good!

Finally Joe has suggested that since he is a runner that he should run ahead for FPs on our next tril. Yay! It only took four trips for him to get there LOL
Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #686
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for making it to rope drop!!!!!!!! That always makes the plans run smoother, I agree!
So SO SOmuch smoother! Sorry, I got carried away there! I'm still not sure if my bro and SIL realize that they had a better day because they got to the park ON TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Love It!!!

for making rope drop at HS!
Can you believe it???? Admit it, you didn't think it was going to happen, did you?

Quote:
I am so proud of your SIL for doing a great job getting FP for the family for an excellent time. What did that group do while you guys were getting your thrill on? I'm thinking, maybe Pirates again?
OMG - when I read that this morning I cracked up! If Pirates had been there, they would have been on it. I know that most of them did Stars Tours. My SIL may have sat that one out. Not entirely sure. I think they rode it a few times. Other than that, I have NO idea. I never asked.

Once SIL learned to use the FP machine she was all over it. As you will see in the next update.

Quote:
Wow, on your local "amusement" park story- I can see why you swore off thrill rides for awhile. That is horrible. Is the salt and pepper shaker that ride that has a cage on each end of the arm?
Yes - I don't even think they run Salt and Pepper Machines anymore. I haven't seen one in years. I swear, can you imagine someone pulling a stunt like that nowadays. Can you say...lawsuit for pain and suffering?

Quote:
I can't believe the line for RnR! Sounds like it went pretty quickly once the ride started loading though. I'm not sure that I have ever been in the stand-by for this attraction- either FP or SRL, so I loved seeing the pictures of the equipment.
It totally started to move, and it moved pretty fast. I was really happy with how quickly we got on.

Quote:
Love the borrowed pictures of the RnR alley- going over to sub now!
You will love their TR. They are such a great mother-daughter duo and they always have a great time together.

Quote:
I am at your pictures in the ToT queue. Really crisp and beautiful! I think this is the best themed line in Disney (sorry TSM).
I agree - totally the best theme anywhere. I mean, come on, it looks so real and so old and creepy. Wonderful job!

Quote:
I love your redneck ride photo. Every group is amusing. Too bad you don't know who the woman in green is so you could give her a copy of your picture. Hilarious!
I know - there is always someone doing something funny in a big group photo like that. Usually when I ride ToT I get in an elevator with a screamer. It happens almost everytime. Ugh - sometimes I need earplugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Holy cannoli, Day 5 already?
Glad to hear everyone was up early, and without a fuss!
I don't really think the first 2 days count since there wasn't much park time involved.

Quote:
Great idea, you guys going to RnR and getting someone else to get the TSM fps! I wonder if I could con my cousin (eeyore04) into doing that on our DHS day...
Well, if she is a non rider for RnR and ToT, then maybe she will. Hear that eeyore04 - special request here!

Quote:
Great pics of the RnR line!! I was definitely getting in the mood. I want to ride this right now! Sept. 16 can not come fast enough!
It will be here before you know it. I always used to take a late August trip to WDW (before my kids did high school sports which start mid August) and I would always be going crazy by the beginning of August, so I know how you feel.

Quote:
I always put my camera away too early too. I sort of panic I think, and need to get it away and secure right away, even though I have plenty of time. I'd like to try to get some alley pics next trip. I'll make that a goal!
That's exactly how I am. I think next time I just won't worry about being in the back of the line. I will just stop, take some pics, and then put my camera calmly away. By then the next group will be getting ready to come into the queue.

Quote:
I think my jaw dropped while reading your amusement park story. I would have screamed and cried and when I got off, punched someone. I don't blame you for having an aversion to thrill rides!
You know - that was back in the day that you could do stuff like that and not get in trouble. Can you imagine someone doing that now? Can you say - you're fired! I really was petrified. I do NOT like to hang upside down. Not a good thing for me.

Quote:
LOVE your pictures inside ToT! I was too nervous last time I rode to really appreciate the scenery.
I am like that too, but now I seem to relax more when I take pictures. It sort of calms me down. And this time I must have had the settings just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Woo hoo for rope drop! We do love our days at DHS! Your pictures, as always, are fabulous.
Thanks! I was so excited about making rope drop. What a great way to start the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Someone may have gotten over their fear of thrill rides on the summer trip this year as well.
Really? REALLY? REALLY? More - I need details. Can't wait to hear about this!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #687
MEK
DIS Veteran

I promise to get to the rest of the replies tomorrow. I have a video I am working on and I want to do some more edits before I go to bed tonight!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #688
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Sounds like an excellent start to your day at DHS!! Yay for your SiL getting the FP for everyone!! I fell in love with RnR on my last trip. I'm glad you're able to enjoy some thrill rides now. How horrible to be left hanging on that ride. I would be scarred, too. Ahhh!!!! I LOVE ToT!! Favorite ride ever! So glad you got to enjoy it! Yay for the basic walk-on!! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #689
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great start to the DHS day! I am hoping to get through the queue at TOT and then bail. It just looks cool.

You got a lot done in the morning - YAY for making rope drop and your SIL for managing to get all the FPS (I'm assuming that she didn't lose any tickets, since you haven't mentioned that)!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #690
MissTink
MissyTink Boo Boo

I'm a little late joining in, but I'm all caught up and loving your TR!

So glad your bro's family is finally starting to cooperate-- they had me worried there. I've traveled with extended family many times and there is always some sort of drama.

Can't wait to read more! Ohh the suspense!

CR (x4) ~ ASSp (x4) ~ ASMu (x2) ~ ASMo (x4) ~ CBR ~ POLY ~ POP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: