Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #511
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I don't know if you've ever considered seeing a chirorpractor for your PF but Evan's cross country coach suggested it last year and that plus PT really helped him a lot.

And good inserts which I make him wear with EVERYTHING. If he wears shoes for too long without them, it flares up.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #512
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sorry I am not getting to the rest of the replies right away. I am marching at the State Fair this evening, so I have to get ready in a few minutes.

I took a really nasty trip and fall today while out running. Not sure why, but I decided to run on the side walk in a development that I don't normally run in. I was looking straight ahead and totally missed this ridge between the sidewalk and the driveway. I literally did a face plant. I literally left the skin of my knuckles on the sidewalk. The last thing I feel like doing is marching in a parade 90 minutes away. Ugh! Oh well.

So, If I don't do replies tonight, it will be tomorrow. See Ya!
Hope you're okay.

We totally understand you taking some time to heal up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Now you see my problem.... Don't see MY monkey in that bunch.

Great monkey pictures.

Since I have seen the show so many times. Flash is allowed but no video light. I assume the video light beam is a no-no.

I go no flash too because throwing light from where we sit usually does no good anyway.

Just at FOLK alone.
Much agreed, Pat.

Cynthia is right about the PF and good inserts, as soon as I got mine and did specific stretches for a few months I was right as rain again. As long as I stretch my calves and wear shoes that support well I don't have any issues with the PF. Haven't for years, thank you Lord!!

Sounds like the day at AK is starting off nicely.
I'm glad to know you and your brother usually get along, being stretched out of one's comfort zone is always a good thing, painful, but good in the end.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #513
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now you see my problem.... Don't see MY monkey in that bunch.

Great monkey pictures.
Pat - I did not know you had your own personal favorite tumbling monkey. Who knew?

Quote:
Since I have seen the show so many times. Flash is allowed but no video light. I assume the video light beam is a no-no.
I'm surprised that the flash doesn't bother them, but maybe all the seating is at a safe distance. Good to know the rules. I really tried to pay attention to that stuff this trip.

Quote:
I go no flash too because throwing light from where we sit usually does no good anyway.
Plus I find that a flash makes everything harsh and less alive and there is no way to edit that out.

Quote:
Just at FOLK alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
UGH! You should be able to hide and rest today, so sorry hou have to go out and march feeling like that.
That's exactly how I felt, but after an ample quantity of Motrin I was OK. I actually don't mind the state fair once I get there. It's the getting there that I hate. Long. Boring. Too many lights. You get the picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
If they were awake already.. they loved to pop them themselves... they'd lay on top and just let the valve go...

those aero beds have been used by just about everyone in my family.. a great purchase!!!
I bet they loved that. They do sound like an awesome purchase. We bought one once, but it got a hole in it after a couple uses. I guess it wan't a very good one. Probably should have tried to take it back or write a letter to the company. I guess I kept thinking Denny would fix it. Silly me!

Quote:
Me too.. I LOVE to aggrevate myself at the spa...

Yeah - me too!

Quote:
Ohhh.. be careful!!!

Who do you march with?
I march with a fire company marching band here in Delaware. It's fun. Mostly older people like myself. I stink at marching, but I do it anyway.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 07-23-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #514
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I was 25 pages behind, Mary Ellen!!! I "think" I am all caught up now, though.

As always, I am in love with all of your pictures! Those pictures from your approach to the MK on the ferry made me feel like I was right there! Glad you were able to get at least one group pic when everyone was still smiling.

Your first night was eerily similar to ours -- dinner at CHH, riding Haunted Mansion...yep and yep.

Definitely agree that It's a Small World is a must for first-timers. We didn't ride it this trip -- Charles told us to walk quickly past it so he wouldn't hear the music. LOL.

I can't wait until the Beast's Castle and the rest of Fantasyland is open. So excited!!!

Yep to Pirates to escape the storm, too.

Ugh to the brother's meltdown. In fact, double ugh! So not cool!!!

And another ugh to the bus snafu, but yeay to a lovely afternoon at the pool and getting to use your FPs for Splash. I have a real problem with the new FP enforcement, but I will wait to rant about that on my TR. I can't believe your SIL up and left RIGHT before the MSEP! Shaking my head. So thrilled you were finally able to see it, and that you loved it!

I am seething over Matt's comment and Denny throwing you under the bus. I would have forgotten Denny's coffee mug, too. It's too bad you couldn't just say, "Sorry, Matt, you are sleeping in the LIVING room. Have your mom buy you some ear plugs."

You are reminding me only too well why we don't travel with family anymore.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #515
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Playing catch up again! I know everyone else has said this, but I cannot believe you SIL got up and left right before the parade! No wonder they didn't have any fun, it's like they tried their hardest not too

I would have been upset by the 10 year old telling me to be quiet in the room I was paying for as well......

You got some really great photos from FoTLK
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #516
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Love all of your FotLK photos! I really hope we get to see this show with DS in October since we missed out on it last time. It is one of our favorites! Those tumbling monkeys are amazing. It feels like a mini Cirque du Soleil show in the middle of a Disney park with awesome Lion King music!

I hope the cookie toss is more literal than what I am thinking of. Please let it be some chocolate chip cookies being thrown in the air and not the other thing!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 07-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #517
amazingact21
Upendi

Your FoTLK photos are amazing. A personal favorite show of mine, and your pictures reminded me of why I think it's highly entertaining.

Hmm, having to hide out in your room to make coffee and get ready for your morning run does not sound like the best thing to have to go through. And, I agree, there's no way I'd fall into the trap of waking up other people's kids...

A coaster ride first thing in the morning is a great way to start a park day. Especially when you need an extra pick-me up.

I'm curious, yet also slightly nervous to see what your update title entails...

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 07-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #518
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Wow!! So sorry about your fall!! My goodness, I can see why you would much rather be resting than marching!! I hope that as you march, it loosens up your painful joints/muscles and it is not too painful! Do you play an instrument? I can't imagine doing that with raw knuckles! Ouch!!
I actually felt better when I was marching and, surprisingly, I didn't feel horrible today. Although I am still a little stiff. I play the piccolo. I am actually much better at playing the flute, but it doesn't work well for marching.

Quote:
My daughter was young when we first watched the ELP at Disneyland, so I was really excited to see that it would be at WDW! What amazed me was how mesmerized my grandson was through out the entire parade. We were going to stay for wishes that night, but the crowds were so horrendous that we literally got pushed to an area where we couldn't even see the castle. Made it time for us to go, but we saw the higher fireworks walking to the bus stop.
That must have been a great experience. It really is a mesmerizing parade, even for the little folks. Ugh - I can't imagine crowds like that. Yuck. Leaving sounds like it was the right thing to do.

Quote:
Will look forward to your next installment!!
Working on the next update now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore04 View Post

ahhahahahaha oh my you have me cracking up.
What's so funny about a serious math problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore04 View Post
The villa looks beautiful. A nice space for a lot of people. I can't wait to read all of it but I'm trying to pace myself!
It was a beautiful villa. I really enjoyed our stay there. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the transportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Yikes! Hope you're alright girl!
I'm OK. Just a little stiff and sore. I'm not sure if I am up for a run tonight. But I also feel like I need to get back out there so I'm not scared of tripping again. My left wrist is the sorest and it actually hurts to turn the steering wheel.

Quote:
So sorry you fell while running. Always a fear of mine since most times Grace is NOT my middle name. Couple that with the knee that can buckle anytime by stepping up the curb and I am a recipe for disaster.
Ohhhh - that sounds bad. This was just weird. I was looking ahead towards the intersection and this wasn't an obvious flaw in the sidewalk/driveway junction and *POW* I was airborne. I think I hit the sidewalk and actually bounced up and down again.

Quote:
I hope the march went well and you heal quick.
The march worked out fine, thanks to some Motrin! I feel OK today. Hopefully its not worse tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Ouch! Sorry you took a tumble. I know you're an expert on healing, but just in case, have you ever used Bag Balm for cuts and scrapes? It is absolutely amazing stuff. I find it works much better than any other ointment. Hope the march went well
I actually hadn't thought about bag balm, but that's a great idea. That stuff it pretty amazing. The march did go OK, especially after a little motrin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
ME You got such great photos of the parade. I cannot even believe that your SIL and 2 nephews ditched so close. But I do know that our first trip, Joe had no interested in seeing SpectroMagic at all. thought it was just another parade. 2 years later I insisted that we were going to see it and once it got started, he loved it and knew why I was so insistent on waiting. I hope your SIL & the boys get another chance.
I can't believe they ditched that close either and I'm sure they did because they didn't think it would be anything special. They will regret it if they ever get to see the parade again. I hope they do get the chance.

Quote:
Where was that seat again? you had great seats for the parade. and I never watched Wishes from BTMRR though we did ride it from Dumbo one year.
We sat right at the very end of the parade route across from Pecos Bill. We were right on the end of the path. To my right was the path that runs in front of Splash Mountain. It was a great spot, mostly because everyone stayed seated.

Quote:
So nice of you to share your dinnamon roll.
I know - I'm nice like that.

Quote:
and equally nice of you to take the high road and just make your coffee in your room. AND you had a stress free early morning at AK for your troubles Did the whole crew see FOTLK with you? I didn't catch that.
The first hour at AK was very stress free. Yes, they met us at the tree of life and we all went in to FOTLK together. So two days in a row they arrived at the park at 10:10!

Quote:
YAY for your October wait lists all coming through for you. We are looking at October 2013 for our next trip....but more for MNSSHP than F&W. I have no doubt that you & Cynthia will have a blast!
I know we will have a great time. Denny and I are thinking of fall 2013 as well, but it will likely be after a cruise.

Quote:
Your fall sounds painful - I hope you were not too stiff and sore walking in the parade.
I was good at the parade. I was pretty stiff today, but managed. I could have gotten hurt a lot worse and, the way my wrist hurts, I'm lucky I didn't break it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #519
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

So happy marching went well and that you felt ok today!!:

Since you have so many fantastic pictures, do you think you could show us one of you marching? I think that is the coolest!! My daughter was in a marching band in school, it was a blast to see them perform!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #520
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if you've ever considered seeing a chirorpractor for your PF but Evan's cross country coach suggested it last year and that plus PT really helped him a lot.

And good inserts which I make him wear with EVERYTHING. If he wears shoes for too long without them, it flares up.
Wow - can't believe Evan has PF. What a drag. I never thought about a chiropracter for PF, but I have considered it for my neck. I have a foot brace that I am using (actually two) and it provides really good arch support. But, yes, I need a pair of mom-mom shoes with arch support. I also ice it with frozen peas and if I message it, that helps. It's pretty good right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Hope you're okay.

We totally understand you taking some time to heal up.

[/COLOR]
Thanks! I am feeling pretty good today. Not perfect, but far from terrible. I do want to start running again, but I'm a little nervous.

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"] Much agreed, Pat.
Eye Candy! Woo Hoo!

Quote:
Cynthia is right about the PF and good inserts, as soon as I got mine and did specific stretches for a few months I was right as rain again. As long as I stretch my calves and wear shoes that support well I don't have any issues with the PF. Haven't for years, thank you Lord!!
I guess I probably should look into inserts. I like my brace, but an insert may be more efficient. I agree that stretching helps too. I probably really just need to stop running for a little bit.

Quote:
Sounds like the day at AK is starting off nicely.
I'm glad to know you and your brother usually get along, being stretched out of one's comfort zone is always a good thing, painful, but good in the end.
So far. So good. And, YES, being pushed out on one's comfort zone can be painful, but it is also so necessary. I think it had made my brother much more open to traveling in the future and that is definitely a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I was 25 pages behind, Mary Ellen!!! I "think" I am all caught up now, though.
I guess that's what happens when you go on vacation! Glad you are caught up!!!

Quote:
As always, I am in love with all of your pictures! Those pictures from your approach to the MK on the ferry made me feel like I was right there! Glad you were able to get at least one group pic when everyone was still smiling.
Thank you! I love that approach on the ferry. It's so cool.

I love our group pic! I think it turned out great!

Quote:
Your first night was eerily similar to ours -- dinner at CHH, riding Haunted Mansion...yep and yep.
You know what they say about great minds!

Quote:
Definitely agree that It's a Small World is a must for first-timers. We didn't ride it this trip -- Charles told us to walk quickly past it so he wouldn't hear the music. LOL.
Charles! OMG - he's more of a hater than I thought. Thank goodness you didn't try to ride it. I can't imagine how that would have gone.

Quote:
I can't wait until the Beast's Castle and the rest of Fantasyland is open. So excited!!!
I know. It is going to be SO cool! I really can't wait to see it either. I just wonder how crowded it will be with everyone thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Yep to Pirates to escape the storm, too.
I can't think of a better place. It did the trick, that's for sure.

Quote:
Ugh to the brother's meltdown. In fact, double ugh! So not cool!!!
I was really upset about it that night because he just seemed SO angry. That really bothered me.

Quote:
And another ugh to the bus snafu, but yeay to a lovely afternoon at the pool and getting to use your FPs for Splash. I have a real problem with the new FP enforcement, but I will wait to rant about that on my TR. I can't believe your SIL up and left RIGHT before the MSEP! Shaking my head. So thrilled you were finally able to see it, and that you loved it!
I got a lot of great pool time on this trip. I think I enjoyed it every bit as much as the parks.

I still can't believe my SIL left then either. It was crazy.

Curious to hear your rant about the FP enforcement.

Quote:
I am seething over Matt's comment and Denny throwing you under the bus. I would have forgotten Denny's coffee mug, too. It's too bad you couldn't just say, "Sorry, Matt, you are sleeping in the LIVING room. Have your mom buy you some ear plugs."
Ear plugs. That's a perfect idea! And that darn Denny. He really made me angry that night. Really?

Quote:
You are reminding me only too well why we don't travel with family anymore.
It's good to get those reminders once in awhile. Family (extended) vacations are really a challenge, to say the leasst.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #521
eacosper
Mouseketeer

Fotlk

How long is FOTLK? We have never been and I think that it sounds super fun! Our days are pretty regimented with ADRs but I would like to find a time to fit this in this trip.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #522
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Pat - I did not know you had your own personal favorite tumbling monkey. Who knew?
YUP

Quote:
I'm surprised that the flash doesn't bother them, but maybe all the seating is at a safe distance. Good to know the rules. I really tried to pay attention to that stuff this trip.

I think all the bright lights overhead make anything other than a direct light beam okay.

Quote:
Ohhhh - that sounds bad. This was just weird. I was looking ahead towards the intersection and this wasn't an obvious flaw in the sidewalk/driveway junction and *POW* I was airborne. I think I hit the sidewalk and actually bounced up and down again.
Sounds like something I would do. Complete with bounce.

Most embarrassing was when the neighbor's dog ran out of their garage and I tried to keep running. Dog got right in my path and well I basically tripped over the dog. I aimed for the lawn to roll out on because I did not want to land on the dog ( A golden retriever)
My neighbor was out watching the whole thing so I was a bit embarrassed but he was too.

Grace I tell you.

I have had PF too and roll your foot out on a tennis ball. Worked for me big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
How long is FOTLK? We have never been and I think that it sounds super fun! Our days are pretty regimented with ADRs but I would like to find a time to fit this in this trip.

Judging by pictures the show runs about 30 minutes. Add a bit to get down there and the wait to get in and your whole time not doing something else can be up to an hour. This summer there was a show every hour on the hour.

Sometimes they are on the half hour so check the schedule.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 07-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #523
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK

Wow - can't believe Evan has PF. What a drag. I never thought about a chiropracter for PF, but I have considered it for my neck. I have a foot brace that I am using (actually two) and it provides really good arch support. But, yes, I need a pair of mom-mom shoes with arch support. I also ice it with frozen peas and if I message it, that helps. It's pretty good right now.

Thanks! I am feeling pretty good today. Not perfect, but far from terrible. I do want to start running again, but I'm a little nervous.
Not sure about the mom mom shoes lol! Evans pt. has him using hard orthotics, not the soft comfy kind and then we supplement with heel cups and have him put them in any and every shoe. Stretching, ice and a foam roller does wonders. I'm amazed you can run, when his flares up he gets sidelined for at least a week. They even suggested a hard soled house slipper as being barefoot doesn't help
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #524
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Playing catch up again! I know everyone else has said this, but I cannot believe you SIL got up and left right before the parade! No wonder they didn't have any fun, it's like they tried their hardest not too
I don't know what was up with that. I think she must have thought that the parade would be no big deal. Who knows, maybe she was the one who wanted to leave. I will never know!

Quote:
I would have been upset by the 10 year old telling me to be quiet in the room I was paying for as well......
It was such an odd, unexpected moment. I know he was encouraged by Nick, but it totally came out of left field. I mean, people get up on vacation when the sun comes up if they want to get up and going. It's just what kids do.

Quote:
You got some really great photos from FoTLK
Thanks. I have a few more to post with m next update. It was a fun show and we all really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Love all of your FotLK photos! I really hope we get to see this show with DS in October since we missed out on it last time. It is one of our favorites! Those tumbling monkeys are amazing. It feels like a mini Cirque du Soleil show in the middle of a Disney park with awesome Lion King music!
Your description is right on. I feel the same way. If you like FOTLK then you are going to love Cirque. They really are all amazing - tumble monkeys, the other acrobats, and the singers. Love it!

So glad you like the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I hope the cookie toss is more literal than what I am thinking of. Please let it be some chocolate chip cookies being thrown in the air and not the other thing!

Well, you're a nurse, so lets just say that its the type of cookie toss that you are used to dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Your FoTLK photos are amazing. A personal favorite show of mine, and your pictures reminded me of why I think it's highly entertaining.
Thank you! It really is an entertaining show and I enjoy looking at my own pictures because it brings back the memories of the show. I can never take all that activity in at once, so seeing the pictures gives me little slices of the action.

Quote:
Hmm, having to hide out in your room to make coffee and get ready for your morning run does not sound like the best thing to have to go through. And, I agree, there's no way I'd fall into the trap of waking up other people's kids...
It really wasn't the way I wanted to spend the morning. I basically knew he would need to get himself tired enough so that no noise bothered him. I think that happened fairly quickly and he never did complain again.

Quote:
A coaster ride first thing in the morning is a great way to start a park day. Especially when you need an extra pick-me up.
It is such an awesome adrenaline rush. Sometimes in Disney I wake up still tired and it takes me a little while to get going. A coaster works every time!

Quote:
I'm curious, yet also slightly nervous to see what your update title entails...
Yeah - its not good! Stay tuned!

Quote:
So happy marching went well and that you felt ok today!!:
Thanks! I hope it goes as well tomorrow. It's actually all the open cuts on my hands that are starting to hurt now. Not a surprise though. Ouch!

Quote:
Since you have so many fantastic pictures, do you think you could show us one of you marching? I think that is the coolest!! My daughter was in a marching band in school, it was a blast to see them perform!
Our uniforms are actually quite boring because we are with a fire company. I actually don't have any pictures of us marching, but maybe I can get some tomorrow when I go back down to the state fair. I have always wanted to take pictures of the band, but I never can because I'm part of it. We did march in the inaugural parade because Joe Biden is from Delaware. It was an interesting experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
I'd say 30 - 35 minutes. Add time for arrival and leaving. It gets crowded back there. Its a fun show. I hope you can fit it in!

Quote:
YUP

Oh Pat - He is quite the handsome tumble monkey indeed!

Quote:
I think all the bright lights overhead make anything other than a direct light beam okay.

Makes sense!

Quote:
Sounds like something I would do. Complete with bounce.

Most embarrassing was when the neighbor's dog ran out of their garage and I tried to keep running. Dog got right in my path and well I basically tripped over the dog. I aimed for the lawn to roll out on because I did not want to land on the dog ( A golden retriever)
My neighbor was out watching the whole thing so I was a bit embarrassed but he was too.

Grace I tell you.
Great story! Thanks for making me LOL! Now I don't feel quite as clumsy! The only thing that makes me not feel like a complete klutz is when a girl who say me fall told me she has tripped in the exact same spot.

Quote:
I have had PF too and roll your foot out on a tennis ball. Worked for me big time.
That's a great idea. Thanks!

Quote:

Judging by pictures the show runs about 30 minutes. Add a bit to get down there and the wait to get in and your whole time not doing something else can be up to an hour. This summer there was a show every hour on the hour.

Sometimes they are on the half hour so check the schedule.
In June the first show started at 1030. I guess that's a pretty common start time with Nemo starting at 11.

Quote:
Not sure about the mom mom shoes lol! Evans pt. has him using hard orthotics, not the soft comfy kind and then we supplement with heel cups and have him put them in any and every shoe. Stretching, ice and a foam roller does wonders. I'm amazed you can run, when his flares up he gets sidelined for at least a week. They even suggested a hard soled house slipper as being barefoot doesn't help

Wowsa. That boy has it bad. So glad to hear that the orthotics work for him. Mine is clearly not that bad, although about 20 years ago I got it so bad I could not walk AT all. It was the most painful thing ever and I had to stop running. I could only ride my bike. I got this little running brace when I finally could start again and I never had it flare until now.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #525
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

That is seriously cool, that you got to march in the inaugural parade!! I hope you will be able to get pictures tomorrow. I would love to see some!!:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: