Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #436
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh my, you really are off to a newbie start aren't you, 2 nights in a row.

Did your SIL ever say anything more about just taking off like that? I can totally see that happening and just sitting there wondering...did that really happen?

Some folks just don't like parades...or see the reason to stay and watch. Sad if they don't know what they are missing but what can you do? At least the 3 of you had a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!

Pretty funny on the pirates though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

When we got back to the villa Matt was still up and talking with Nick. The second I walked in Nick said, “Aunt Mary Ellen, Matt has something he wants to tell you”.

Matt proceeded to say, “Aunt Mary Ellen. I know you want to get up early and get everyone to the parks on time, but can you not come out here so early and wake me up?” “I could hear you making coffee this morning and I couldn’t go back to sleep”.

Denny immediately chimes in “yeah, Aunt Mary Ellen”

What the………..?

My own husband just threw me under the bus for a 10 year old to drive over. I was so angry with him at that moment because I was trying to think of a reasonable reply that would keep everyone happy. It was now too late for that because what I wanted to say was……

“Well, Matt since you asked, I can make the coffee in my room, but I will be coming out here sometime after 7am to go for a run and to get ready to leave for the parks”.

Instead of being able to say that, I just gave up and went to bed. Coffee pot and all!

Next up – AK Rope Drop for MEK, but what about everyone else?

And Where or Where is my Cinnamon bun from the Main Street Bakery?
Not just Denny, but Nick set you up!

OOOH...I bet you were steaming! I would have said "Now Matt (AND Denny, AND Nick)....you REALLY don't want to see Aunt Mary Ellen without coffee..."

And someone ate your cinnamon roll? Oh my, this does not sound like a pretty morning...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #437
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

WOO HOO For three months until your October trip!!
Quote:
You’re Leaving Now???
Really?? That's the title today?? Oh dear me.

So let's recap...

- Perfect, seated parade viewing location
- Adorable, musical MSEP
- FPs to BTMRR
- Upcoming wonderful, magical fireworks display
- Light up castle show

Yep sounds like a good time to go back to the hotel.

Ok, so putting all that nonsense aside...

You got some beautiful parade shots! I'm so glad you liked it, MSEP is one of my favourite things.

Only once I watched Wishes from somewhere other than the front of the castle and it was Splash. Of course I didn't see much at all, but the few bursts I did see from the top of the hill were worth it! I bet it's awesome from BTMRR! Maybe next time I'll try that.

I'm in love with the castle show too. The first time I saw it I had the same reaction -- how did they DO that?!

Sorry about the anti-early morning request. I think if it were me I'd take off 100% solo the next day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #438
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You're freakin' kidding me?! They left the park just minutes before the parade started? I agree......Whaaaaaat?

At least LJ stuck around and spent the evening with you and Denny. I hope he got back to the villa and told anybody and everybody how much fun he had.

Your pictures of the castle show are amazing! Love them all! We couldn't believe how wonderful the show was and we also wondered just how they did that.

Oh goodness....you were ganged up on by your own son, husband and nephew. It may be a good thing that you didn't have the ability to open your mouth. There's no telling what would have come out.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #439
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
OMG! So much to comment on, I hope I don't forget anything. I really should take notes when I'm reading TRs & PTRs.

Me too! Plus sometimes I skim a TR before I leave for work (so I can see pictures - no photobucket at work!Then I can't remember what I saw.

Quote:
Anywhoooo.....

So exciting about your October trip!
Very excited about the Oct trip. At one point we had 3 different resorts, so being down to two is going to make the trip more manageable and we get to spend the weekend at BWV which will make F&W a breeze!

Quote:
I love MSEP! I don't think we'll be seeing it this year & that has me a little sad. I'm glad you got to see it on your trip. And your pictures are great! But, them leaving before the parade.... I think I would have either started screaming or crying. Probably crying because I don't like confrontation.
I was just so unprepared for them to leave. I mean, come on, they made it that far, it was a perfect night, it wasn't raining. What was frustrating was I couldn't even jump up and get close enough to them to try to convince them not to go. Oh well!

Quote:
So fun though that y'all got to ride 2x on BTMRR! And getting to see Wishes on the 2nd ride....! I've experienced that once in my life & it is magical!
It really is magical and, as much as I wanted to watch Wishes from the front of the park, I thought it would be way more fun for LJ to watch it from BTMMR!

Quote:
Glad y'all made it back to the Treehouse. But the "welcome back"? Yeah, I would have been quite upset about that little conversation.
I also didn't expect to get hit with that conversation the moment I walked through the door. UGH! That's all I can say. UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
So excited for you and your F&W trip. I've never been either, maybe someday.
I have heard such great things about a F&W visit. I hope I love it because after this year both of my kids will be in college and I can start planning an annual F&W with Denny. Looking forward to that!

Quote:
I'm glad you got to see MSEP even if the others left. We saw it in Feb and loved it.
It was wonderful and I was going to see it that night NO MATTER WHAT! I am happy that LJ stayed with us because he loved it too!

Quote:
BTMR rocks at night! It just seems faster at night.
It seems about three times as fast and it is, hands-down, my favorite all time night ride. So fun!

Quote:
We loved the Memories show. It was just so much to see. I would love to see it again.
It was just amazing! So glad we saw it. I actually forgot about it until I noticed it started. SO glad I didn't miss that!

Quote:
I hope your bun didn't run away, or become someone late night snack.
Not exactly, but let's just say I need a cinnamon bun do-over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
So glad you liked the parade! Your pictures are so great!!
Thanks! I actually realized today that some of pictures didn't upload to Photobucket, so I am going to try to upload the whole day over again and post the ones I missed. I wondered why I didn't have as many as I originally thought.

Quote:
I have NEVER ridden BTMR at night before! MUST DO! It sounds awesome!
You must put that near the top of your list for your upcoming trip. It is such a great experience. It just makes me giddy. Enjoy and remember.....I told you so!

Quote:
I honestly think MMY is the most genius thing ever. It makes me cry every time I even hear the song!
Genius is a great way to describe it. When I think about how it is just the ultimate in cutting edge imagineering, it makes me appreciate how the computer age has added SO much to the Disney world experience. And it just keeps getting better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I wish I could have gotten a cab when it happened to me. I just got up late and hit the shower late that time.
We really didn't want the 745am tour originally because of the transporation factore, but we ended up being so glad we took that one. An empty worldshowcase was such an unbelievable treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Yeah the DCA was cool but I don't think they do it anymore they stopped doing it when the big construction projects began.

This one if from 2009 and is a photo pass pic taken in front of the Aladin thertre in DCA

I won't repost all your pictures, but I just have to say that they are all fabulous. I love the ones from DL the best. This is a great shot. I am subbed to several DL TRs and it is definitely moving its way up my bucket list. I'm starting to mention it to DH and starting to formulate a plan for Spring 2014!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #440
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK

Before I start my next update, can I just get a WooHoo for 3 months to my October F&W trip! So excited. This will be my first F&W! Cynthia and I have been tweaking a few things.

We also have good news in the waitlist department. Another waitlist came through and we will be staying:

10/16-10/20 VWL
10/21-10/23 BWV

I'm pretty relieved we are only switching rooms once.

I also rebooked my return flight. I moved it up to a non-stop 1pm departure. Nick has a soccer game that night. I am already missing two games for this trip. I really don't want to miss a third. It's his senior year and I shoot the pictures of the games. So, it was worth the 20 or so extra $.
I am SO excited for our trip! Love the family ones but oh, a girls trip is infinitely more relaxing!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #441
jamiesmom07
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR, can't wait for the next installment!!
Nov.25-Dec.3 2011 - POFQ
April 2010 - POR
April 2003 - All Star Movies
Old 07-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #442
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think we our kindered souls. Someone else who takes 20 zillion pictures of the castle show. I just love it too. I can't get enough of those pictures. It amazes me as well on how they do that...each and every day.
Yup - that's me. Multiple pictures of everything. I keep telling myself to put the camera down and enjoy, but the next thing I know I'm snapping away again. OCD for sure!

Quote:
And the parade too...I have seen it 4 times now, and I still keep taking pictures.
I realize this morning that not all of my photos uploaded to photobucket, so I am going to upload the whole day again and post the missing ones next update.

You can never have too many pictures, right? You may run out of hard drive, but never pictures!

Quote:
I can't beleive you SIL left right before it. Did you ever find out exactly why they really left? Thats so weird. It will be interesting to see how traveling with a large group of my family works out this Nov. I know Claire and I will do most on our own, but it will still be interesting to see who actually stays late and how relaxed they take it. I know my Aunt and Uncle and Parents are going to the parks mostly to just enjoy the grand childrens reactions, but I'm not slowing down for anyone!
I never asked why they left, although when I was posting the update last night I asked Denny what he saw happen. He thinks my SIL asked Josh if he was tired and when he said, "Yes", she just got up with him. Matt is one of those kids where less is more. He's never super enthusiastic about anything, so I'm not surprised he left too. Only I know he would have had a great time if he had stayed with us.

Good luck with your big travel group. The larger the group, the more difficult the trip. Everything feels slower and going into restaurants feels like a complete feat.

Quote:
I would be mad too about the getting up early comment. As you know, I wake at the crack of dawn too. Shouldn't everyone at Disney?
YES - of course they should. And if they don't then go move into a room with doors. I really wanted to work out another sleeping strategy for him, but when everyone ganged up on me I gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
The parade pics are so great!! It has been awhile since we have seen the nighttime parade, so I'm hoping with 4 adults, we can manage to entertain Paxton long enough to hold a spot for it. I think he would really love it! And DH just loves the music! So strange that your family was sitting there waiting for it and just left for no reason right before showtime? That seems pretty silly.
I hope you all do get to see it. It was so wonderful. I was never a parade person until I went to Disney. One night I saw the parade from afar. That's when I realized this was no ordinary parade. I think Paxton will love it!

I have no idea why they made that spontaneous decision to leave. I really think they had no idea what they were missing.

Quote:
I've never tried BTMR during Wishes, mostly because I don't think I could be inside MK and not be watching Wishes from Main Street! But your description sounds really awesome! I have always read on the DIS that riding BTMR during the fireworks is great, but I just can't bring myself to miss seeing them full on. Maybe one day I will be able to try it.
I knew I was going to see the fireworks a second time and I thought LJ would love it. Plus I had done it once before when my kids where LJ's age, so I knew it was pretty awesome! Just a different way to experience the magic.

Quote:
We didn't get the greatest view of the Memories show last year, so I'm hoping to be able to get closer and actually see some of the pictures this time. How fun that you saw your picture on there! Was it a Photopass picture? Or one you submitted? (Can you even still do that, I wonder?)
I was actually kidding about seeing my picture. I WANTED to see my picture, so it was just total wishful thinking that I might. I actually know a DISer who did see her picture. I wasn't quite close enough to make out the pictures all that well, but what a fun idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I enjoyed your update, but I too am mystified by some of the behaviour and comments from your traveling companions!

What a bummer that your SIL and nephews left right before the parade. Maybe they felt compelled to go onto Pirates again! :
Mystified - great word to describe the whole situation! Let's see: pirates vs the parade?

I eventual plan to make them a photobook and when I add parade pictures they are going to be the ones to say, "What the............................?"

Quote:
I'm glad you got to stay and had great seats for the parade. Love your pictures!:
We totally lucked out behind the nicest, non pushing people. Thank you Disney gods! I think if I had to shot behind a bunch of heads I would not have been happy!

Quote:
for two trips on BTM and seeing the fireworks during one of the rides!:
Bonus Ride! Loved that. I can't think of a better "almost" ending to the night.

Quote:
The pictures of the castle during the MMY show are just gorgeous! Like others, I was skeptical when this was first described, but it is a technically amazing and beautiful display!:
It's like I was commenting on your TR - perfect marriage of creativity and computer engineering. Simply spectacular!

Quote:
Possible responses to the nephew:

"If getting up early is a problem- you should go to bed now!"

"Do you really want to see what it is like if I don't make my coffee?" :
If I had a sleeping bag I would have put him on the floor of his parent's bedroom. Don't think I didn't think about doing that but we had not extra blankets.

Hah to the "without cafeine" Aunt Mary Ellen! That is someone I would not want to be around. EVER!

Quote:
And for Denny- there are no words.

When I went over the story with Denny last night he totally denied saying what he did. I gave him a quick memory refresher. sheesh!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 07-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #443
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Before I start my next update, can I just get a WooHoo for 3 months to my October F&W trip! So excited. This will be my first F&W! Cynthia and I have been tweaking a few things.

We also have good news in the waitlist department. Another waitlist came through and we will be staying:

10/16-10/20 VWL
10/21-10/23 BWV
How do you do that?!?! I have NEVER had a waitlist come through! Sighhhhh.

I'm looking forward to that TR as well. DW and I will be going on our first F&W next year.

Quote:
Everyone seemed at peace, but with only minutes to go before the start of the parade my SIL jumped up, grabbed Josh’s hand and said, “He wants to go, so I am taking him home”.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Did you ever find out why they left? I don't understand. I wouldn't leave unless someone was throwing up, bleeding or saying take me to the ER now!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 07-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #444
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I finally saw the MSEP last trip and absolutely loved it! I usually dislike parades but that one I will go out of my way to go see again, it was so beautiful.

Please don't haze me, but sleeping in is an absolute must on vacation. I am NOT a morning person. I have never been, and don't anticipate ever getting to rope drop. Denny still shouldn't have been an instigator. I'm sure he was just having fun with you

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Old 07-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #445
15isto2
DIS Veteran

The more I hear the more I think you should disown your brother and his family except for LJ

Old 07-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #446
bob6sims
Mouseketeer

Loving reading your TR
Looking forward to your next post

All Stars Sports Dec 1996
Dixie Landings Jan/Feb 1999
Off site Dec 2000
Off site Apr 2004
Pop Century Oct 2007
All Stars Sports Oct 2011
Saratoga Springs Mar 2014
Old 07-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #447
Epaima
Mouseketeer

I would have been so upset with everyone if I were you.

I'm really glad that you finally got to see MSEP; it's definitely one of the most magical parades at Disney right now. And, watching Wishes from an attraction like BTMRR (my favorite is the Peoplemover) is always amazing.

You also got some really good pictures of the Magic, Memories, and You (most of mine turn out awful, so I'm jealous)!

Looking forward to reading your next update!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #448
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for your October trip! You are going to love the Food and Wine festival!

Ugh, I don't get your family! I mean, personally, I can understand skipping MSEP, that music drives me crazy but for someone who has never seen it to just up and leave like that? Weird! Glad you got to enjoy it though, your pics are great!

I love BTMRR in the dark! I've never ridden it during Wishes but it sounds amazing!

I'm sorry you had to deal with more drama back at the Treehouse, it's vacation, what is wrong with everyone? Now you can't even get up to make coffee?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #449
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Seriously? They seriously decided to leave just as that beautiful parade was starting? I'm sorry, but I would have been very upset. (:
I was more shocked than upset. I just couldn't understand why they couldn't wait a 1/2 hour and then leave. It was beyond explanation.

Quote:
You got some stunning photos of the parade, Mary Ellen. We've missed it the last two times and I really want to see it thus year (haven't seen since the boys were like 8 and 10.
Thanks Kathy! I was pretty happy with the results considering I used no flash. And I'm pretty sure I have more parade pics that didn't upload.

Quote:
Bad Denny putting you under the bus like that.
He'll deny he ever did anything wrong, but the three of them definitely ganged up against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh my, you really are off to a newbie start aren't you, 2 nights in a row.

Did your SIL ever say anything more about just taking off like that? I can totally see that happening and just sitting there wondering...did that really happen?
Totally a newbie night. I never asked why they left and she never said. Denny said she asked Josh if he was tired and when he said yes, they left.

Quote:
Some folks just don't like parades...or see the reason to stay and watch. Sad if they don't know what they are missing but what can you do? At least the 3 of you had a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!
We really did. LJ and Denny are probably my two fav family members to be in the park with. LJ totally gets it and loves every minute.

Quote:
Pretty funny on the pirates though.
That will be one attraction they will always remember.

Quote:
Not just Denny, but Nick set you up!

OOOH...I bet you were steaming! I would have said "Now Matt (AND Denny, AND Nick)....you REALLY don't want to see Aunt Mary Ellen without coffee..."[/QUOTE]

Denny totally thinks Nick set me up. He said that right away and I asked Nick about it. He swears Matt was the first one to bring it up. I guess I'll never know.

And Aunt Mary Ellen without coffee is not something ANYONE wants to see.

I was almost too tired to be steaming. I knew they won the round so there was no sense in defending myself. All I could do was go to bed.

Quote:
And someone ate your cinnamon roll? Oh my, this does not sound like a pretty morning...
Not exactly, but let's just say I will be making a stop in the main street bakery in October so I can get another one. I need a do-over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
WOO HOO For three months until your October trip!!
Very excited for the October trip, although after that I will need methadone to keep me from having Disney withdrawal when I don't go for another year.

Quote:
Really?? That's the title today?? Oh dear me.

So let's recap...

- Perfect, seated parade viewing location
- Adorable, musical MSEP
- FPs to BTMRR
- Upcoming wonderful, magical fireworks display
- Light up castle show

Yep sounds like a good time to go back to the hotel.
I totally cracked up when I read this earlier today. My reaction exactly, although I could never say it quite as well as you just did.

Quote:
Ok, so putting all that nonsense aside...

You got some beautiful parade shots! I'm so glad you liked it, MSEP is one of my favourite things.
It was wonderful and all the people around us were so cool. It was a pleasure to watch with such nice people. I actually discovered I missed uploading some of my pics, so I will fix that this weekend.

Quote:
Only once I watched Wishes from somewhere other than the front of the castle and it was Splash. Of course I didn't see much at all, but the few bursts I did see from the top of the hill were worth it! I bet it's awesome from BTMRR! Maybe next time I'll try that.
It is hard to give up that coveted main street spot, but watching from BTMMR is pretty cool as an alternative and I knew LJ would love it.

Quote:
I'm in love with the castle show too. The first time I saw it I had the same reaction -- how did they DO that?!
It really was stunning and the technology is so amazing. I'd love to read an explanation of how its done. So cool!

Quote:
Sorry about the anti-early morning request. I think if it were me I'd take off 100% solo the next day!
Well, that's not exactly what happened, but it was close. Trust me, it was VERY close!

Old 07-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #450
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Great TR! I can't imagine tackling a trip with that many people, especially ones that are not on the sdame Disney-thinking wavelength. My family has mentioned a large extended family trip and it makes me shudder, I just know they don't get it in the same way.

Glad you got to see MSEP and the castle show. I just love the parks at night. The best!

Sorry about your un-welcome back, if it was my nephew, I think I would have reminded him thay he's young and has the rest of his life to sleep. Of course, I'm in the early riser's club. I'm usually in work by 6AM so getting to sleep to 6 or 7 is really sleeping in.

I really hope the cinnamon bun is safe!

Christine

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: