Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #1996
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Oooh...I can't wait to hear what it is! I just posted on FB that I wrote a whole wrap-up to my Disney trips to post at the end of my old TR, which I then found out has been closed. I should have known. I had a little anecdote in there about my chance meeting with Gaston.
Bummer about your TR being closed. Can they reopen it if you ask? I have no idea.

Let's just say that your chance meeting with Gaston inspired the name of our TR. I hope to start it next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post

Maybe I'll just have to go ahead and start a TR for my December trip a little early!
Yes please!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #1997
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I love all your pictures in the recap - EXCEPT FOR THAT CREEPY CHAIR!!!

looking forward to your summary and the NEXT TR! (I can't pressure you, I'm still working on finishing my March TR- my goal is before Christmas now)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #1998
krhst25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious
Beautiful photos! You have such a good eye for photography.

Now we'll have to get you crackin' on the next TR.
Agree! Can't wait!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #2000
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I love all your pictures in the recap - EXCEPT FOR THAT CREEPY CHAIR!!!
But, the question was - is that Todd or Paul?????????? You didn't answer. To tell you the truth, I'm still not sure! Glad you enjoyed the rest of the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
looking forward to your summary and the NEXT TR! (I can't pressure you, I'm still working on finishing my March TR- my goal is before Christmas now)

That's right - now I don't feel as bad for taking two months to start the next TR. I plan to update this one a final time and then I'll start the new one next week. I've gotten a little out of synch now that I have a new computer and most of the pictures are on the old one. I've got to decide whether to just edit them there or move them here. Decisions. Decisions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
Agree! Can't wait!
Well, you should have the start of it to look forward to when you get home from your trip! Have a wonderful time! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
oh what a fun recap! Makes me excited all over again for the treehouses!
Thanks!

So, where will you be staying on the group trip. I thought it was going to be BWV. Tough being an owner at both places, isn't it? Decisions. Decisions.

Quote:
Really looking forward to the firsts and foremosts.
I actually have it half written. Yeah! Probably post later this week!

Quote:
I'm hoping to get the photopass all sorted and in the mail this weekend.
I just saw that on FB.

And I am hoping to start our TR next week. I am going to upload my cell pics to my new computer, but most of my memory cards are uploaded to the other computer, so I may finish those edits. Organization is the key.

BTW - How WAS that Boddington's? It looked good, even at 5am!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #2001
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So, where will you be staying on the group trip. I thought it was going to be BWV. Tough being an owner at both places, isn't it? Decisions. Decisions.
Current plan is for a split stay. In my mind it's 6/3 BWV/THV but Jeff balked a little at the 9 nights over the weekend. Realistically we just need to map it out over the next month, he's worried that with the addition of the Aulani week he might not have enough vacation time for a 9 night trip. We will see. The boys have their heart set on THV but are ok with it even if it's only one night, as long as they get at least one there. A 6/3 split works well with our points and well if we do WDW/US in that order. Complication could be the dates spilling into the school year and whether that works for everyone or not. We will get them hammered out over the holidays though.

Quote:
And I am hoping to start our TR next week. I am going to upload my cell pics to my new computer, but most of my memory cards are uploaded to the other computer, so I may finish those edits. Organization is the key.

BTW - How WAS that Boddington's? It looked good, even at 5am!
I started my upload but honestly have no idea where I left off so will have to get on that, hopefully this weekend while working on the photopass sort, which is so big we have TWO CD's!. I haven't even finished all my editing for the summer trip lol! But at least I"m a few days ahead of where I am on the TR so I guess that's something.

The Boddington's was good. About half of one would have been better. Didn't bug me the next morning but by last night was feeling it for sure. Not sure if was that, or just 4 days in a row of indulgence just all adding up. We were at an Irish pub/restaurant and ordering anything other than beer (or whiskey, which I don't typically drink) seemed just wrong!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #2002
KatMark
DIS Veteran

On the flight home and trying to read and catch up on a couple of threads; I am loving your picture recap, MaryEllen.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #2003
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the photo recap. I know it was a lot of work, but it was a great way to relive the highlights of your trip (hopefully for you too). There were a few pictures either I didn't see or forgot all about.

LOVED the one of the Haunted Mansion as seen through the awning. And the closeup of your nephew hugging Eeyore. You don't see that perspective in many character greet photos, but that one was just so sweet!

I have been dragging my feet on my TR- I think I have one more update and maybe some final thoughts, but that one is almost in the can. Then I can get back and finish my Atlantis report- I think my next update there will be our tour of Nassau, so I will let you know when I post that.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #2004
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oh wow, you have a number of emotional things on your plate right now, don't you?

Wonderful photo recap!! It was fun to "relive" the trip!!

Quote:

Untitled by dvcmek1, on Flickr

I LOVE this! Where did you find it??? (sorry if you said in the chatter, I missed it!)
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #2005
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Love your photo recap of the trip! You really got so many lovely pictures.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #2006
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Current plan is for a split stay. In my mind it's 6/3 BWV/THV but Jeff balked a little at the 9 nights over the weekend. Realistically we just need to map it out over the next month, he's worried that with the addition of the Aulani week he might not have enough vacation time for a 9 night trip. We will see. The boys have their heart set on THV but are ok with it even if it's only one night, as long as they get at least one there. A 6/3 split works well with our points and well if we do WDW/US in that order. Complication could be the dates spilling into the school year and whether that works for everyone or not. We will get them hammered out over the holidays though.
That sounds like a great plan. I love that. You definitely need to stay at the treehouse more than one night. I really think 3 nights is the minimum to really enjoy the resort. And, of course, 6 nights at BWV sounds like heaven. Hopefully you will be able to figure it all out datewise.

Quote:
I started my upload but honestly have no idea where I left off so will have to get on that, hopefully this weekend while working on the photopass sort, which is so big we have TWO CD's!. I haven't even finished all my editing for the summer trip lol! But at least I"m a few days ahead of where I am on the TR so I guess that's something.
I am not surprised we have two CD's. That is a huge undertaking for you and I know we all appreciate you doing it. Huge!

Quote:
The Boddington's was good. About half of one would have been better. Didn't bug me the next morning but by last night was feeling it for sure. Not sure if was that, or just 4 days in a row of indulgence just all adding up. We were at an Irish pub/restaurant and ordering anything other than beer (or whiskey, which I don't typically drink) seemed just wrong!
Absolutely wrong. You had to have the Boddington's. As I see it you really had no other choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
On the flight home and trying to read and catch up on a couple of threads; I am loving your picture recap, MaryEllen.
Thanks Kathy. I'm so glad you liked the pics. Hope you had a safe trip home and I can't wait to hear all about your fabulous trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thank you so much for the photo recap. I know it was a lot of work, but it was a great way to relive the highlights of your trip (hopefully for you too). There were a few pictures either I didn't see or forgot all about.
So glad you enjoyed the recap. I think a long trip deserves a recap. I started working on this over 6 months ago. I was surprised at how much I forgot.

Quote:
LOVED the one of the Haunted Mansion as seen through the awning. And the closeup of your nephew hugging Eeyore. You don't see that perspective in many character greet photos, but that one was just so sweet!
I like both of those two. I actually took the HM with my phone. And CL and Eeyore - that was absolutely so precious. I had to post that. He had such an awesome time and I never took my boys to Disney when they were that young, so I missed all that type of interaction.

Quote:
I have been dragging my feet on my TR- I think I have one more update and maybe some final thoughts, but that one is almost in the can. Then I can get back and finish my Atlantis report- I think my next update there will be our tour of Nassau, so I will let you know when I post that.
Please so because I am not sure if I am subbed to your Atlantis TR. I would like to read it.

I know what you mean about the dragging feet!

Last edited by MEK; 12-12-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #2007
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh wow, you have a number of emotional things on your plate right now, don't you?
Thanks Brook. I still just feel so bad for my mom, but she's managing.

Quote:
Wonderful photo recap!! It was fun to "relive" the trip!!
Thank you. I am so glad you enjoyed it. I do enjoy reliving trips simply by looking at the favorite photos.

Quote:
I LOVE this! Where did you find it??? (sorry if you said in the chatter, I missed it!)
I found it on Amazon. I think the sticker was $1 but the shipping & handling was $2. Totally worth it IMHO and I am sure they had other versions to pick from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love your photo recap of the trip! You really got so many lovely pictures.

Thank you. So glad you enjoyed it!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #2008
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Thank you Mary Ellen, I really loved read your TR. You take such great pictures and help us all feel like we've been right there with you.

I can't wait to read about your trip with Cynthia.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #2009
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great recap of your trip, wow, that must have been a pain in the @#$ to do though! Can't wait for the final thoughts and then the next TR!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #2010
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

IT'S TODD!!!!!!!!! ( paul is the faded one)

Nice recap!!! So great to recap a trip and relive the memories.

I hope the BW waitlist comes through for me in May.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: