Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #1891
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post......

We went back to the room to grab out bags and schlepp them to the car.

I kept hoping the Lost & Found Guy would call me about my book, but it never happened. Darn. I really want to read that book on the way home. (I eventually ordered a new one and finished it during our August beach trip. It was great! Read it!)

On our way to car

The very long and annoying walk to the parking lot

The standard view villas

Bye Boardwalk. I'll be back!

I read that the standard view villas in the rounded (corner) area of the building are really big with multiple balconies. Now that's a standard view I want.

Our ride back to the airport was uneventful. Oh wait - no it wasn't. Somehow Denny ended getting off the toll road too early and then we had to backtrack and double pay the tool. Pure genius, I tell ya!

Finally made it!

Untitled by dvcmek1, on Flickr

We still had quite a bit of bottled water in our car that we never drank, so we gave it away to the girl who checked our car in. I think she was genuinely appreciative. That was nice.

Inside the airport

Going the wrong way on the airport monorail

Air Tran 187 to Allentown is right on time.

I got the window seat so I decided why the heck not take a few pictures

Bye Florida! I'll be back!

I got tired of taking pictures pretty quickly, so I spent my idle time checking all my memory cards and deleting duds.

In 1 hr and 55 minutes we made a final descent and landing into Allentown Pa. Right on time.

And just like a rock star we were at the luggage carousel in minutes.

A few minutes later we had our bags and were curbside waiting for Denny's brother to arrive.

So what's next? Well, you know I can never end a TR when it's supposed to end. Nope Can't Do It! So, my next update will be "firsts and foremosts". SticK Around!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 12-01-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #1892
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Love the fireworks pictures. It's so neat that they can make heart and star-shaped fireworks now. That's impressive.

I liked this picture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Neat perspective.

Too funny about Denny getting off the wrong exit and having to pay toll twice. Some highway planner should get a cut of that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #1893
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Love the fireworks pictures. It's so neat that they can make heart and star-shaped fireworks now. That's impressive.
Seriously - how DO they do that? That should be on one of those Discovery Channel or History Channel shows were they talk about a certain process and what makes it work. It really was a great show.

Quote:
I liked this picture:

Neat perspective.
Thanks. Not sure what made me decide to take that considering I was standing in the middle of the smoking section when I did.

Quote:
Too funny about Denny getting off the wrong exit and having to pay toll twice. Some highway planner should get a cut of that.
I told him to go through the same booth and tell the guy we just paid 3 minutes ago, but he wouldn't do it. Chicken!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 12-01-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #1894
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Absolutely Fabulous Fireworks

Sunset pointe at the Poly. That what you were looking for.

I usually sit right across from the castle. Either in a lounge chair or the swing if I can.

Sorry about the round about to the airport. One the reason I don't try to drive.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #1895
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we wondered over to the pool area. I told Denny I wanted to find a quiet pool and check it out.

How many quiet pools does the Poly have? Is it one or two?

Here's the one we went to

Seriously, how pretty this is pool and doesn't it make you just want to jump in?
I'm disappointed in you Mary Ellen. No one around. Just you and Denny. A beautiful night. An inviting pool. And the "noodle queen" did not jump in!

Sighhhh

I love BWV. We were on the 2nd floor right above the Wyland Gallery. Addonitis is rearing it's head again in our house and BWV or BCV will be the resort of choice if the right deal comes along.

Great Wishes pics, great pics all around and a fantastic TR...as usual. I really enjoy your TR's very much. Can't wait for the next one. Not to rush you or anything but when will that be?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #1896
krhst25
Mouseketeer

What a great way to end your trip-- Wishes! Beautiful pictures of the fireworks!

My kids want to stay at the Boardwalk-- I want to try the Beachclub.. But they just think Luna pool is really cool... Maybe next trip or a possible split stay!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #1897
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Love all the fireworks pictures, you got some really good ones! I especially love the hearts. Some day I WILL watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly. I meant to this last trip and kind of forgot and never got a chance.
I can't believe you're gone home! Glad to know it's not over though.
I love all the pictures around the resort, some day I'm staying there. How gorgeous.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #1898
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Absolutely Fabulous Fireworks
Thanks! I do not think the pack the same punch that your 4th of July fireworks do. Those are amazing. I will admit though, the finale was pretty cool.

Quote:
It's Sunset pointe at the Poly. That what you were looking for.
Thank you. I thought there was pointe in the name, I just totally blanked last night.

Quote:
AI usually sit right across from the castle. Either in a lounge chair or the swing if I can.
It really is such a great view. I do love watching the fireworks from the Poly and I really would love to do it on July 4th or NYE. I think it would be so cool.

Quote:
Sorry about the round about to the airport. One the reason I don't try to drive.
Here's the thing - Denny has driven to the airport multiple times, so what the heck???????? And then he usually blames it on me because I'm not looking. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I'm disappointed in you Mary Ellen. No one around. Just you and Denny. A beautiful night. An inviting pool. And the "noodle queen" did not jump in!

Sighhhh
For a moment there I thought you were going to suggest that we go skinny dipping. But I can see that your thoughts were much purer.

Quote:
I love BWV. We were on the 2nd floor right above the Wyland Gallery. Addonitis is rearing it's head again in our house and BWV or BCV will be the resort of choice if the right deal comes along.
So is that considered a Boardwalk view? I would think not because you aren't quite facing the Boardwalk. I bet that was awesome. I have to say that I would trade my VWL points for BWV points, no question. But I do think its possible to get a 7 month stay or have a waitlist come through on most occasions. I so hope to be able to stay there next October. fingers crossed!

Quote:
Great Wishes pics, great pics all around and a fantastic TR...as usual. I really enjoy your TR's very much. Can't wait for the next one. Not to rush you or anything but when will that be?

Thanks!

Thanks!!!

And the next TR will be a joint venture between Cynthia and myself, so we have to come up with a title. I have an idea, but she probably has some of her own. I hope to do a couple more things with this TR. It was so long it deserves some kind of summary and then I have to go over all my "firsts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
What a great way to end your trip-- Wishes! Beautiful pictures of the fireworks!
Wishes is definitely the way to go out on a high note. It was perfect watching from the Poly. Loved it. And thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
My kids want to stay at the Boardwalk-- I want to try the Beachclub.. But they just think Luna pool is really cool... Maybe next trip or a possible split stay!
You can't go room with either resort. Having stayed at the villas at both, I have to say that I now hold a slight preference for the Boardwalk. I don't know why exactly. I just think the general views are better and the pool setup is better. I mean SAB is cool, but I just like the way things are laid out at the Boardwalk. Split stay sounds good, too!

I see your trip is just around the corner. You're so lucky. I know you are going to have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Love all the fireworks pictures, you got some really good ones! I especially love the hearts. Some day I WILL watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly. I meant to this last trip and kind of forgot and never got a chance.
Thank you and you know that always means so much coming from you since your firework pictures are A-MAZING!!!!!!!

This is only the second time I have actually watched from the beach. I think I did it one other time with the kids, but it was pretty rush rush because we had just finished dinner and Wishes had already started when we got there.

Quote:
I can't believe you're gone home! Glad to know it's not over though.
Yup - our ten nights of Florida awesomeness is over, but now I will work on my recap and final thoughts.

Quote:
I love all the pictures around the resort, some day I'm staying there. How gorgeous.
You will love it. It's such a fabulous resort. It is really high on my list as one of my favorites. My last stay there really solidified it. I hope I get to stay there again in October!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #1899
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a wonderful last night!

I love all the pictures of your farewell tour around BW

As for your ride back to MCO, it is so easy to get turned around and going the wrong way! In September my dad got lost everytime he got behind the wheel
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #1900
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Wonderful TR Mary Ellen, thanks so much for sharing with us

That poor Denny, he gets turned around a lot at Disney... Maybe you should start driving.

That sad picture of you leaving made me sad for you too! I hate leaving day.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #1901
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Sounds like a wonderful last night!
It really was. It was a perfect evening. In fact, I forgot to mention that it was actually a little cool out. Can you believe that? Cool in June?

Quote:
I love all the pictures of your farewell tour around BW
Thank you! I actually forgot I took all those pictures and you know I had to post them. They do bring back fond memories of our visit. I just love that resort.

Quote:
As for your ride back to MCO, it is so easy to get turned around and going the wrong way! In September my dad got lost everytime he got behind the wheel
Oh no - your poor dad! As a passenger it seems pretty straight forward. But I am sure its a little confusing when you are the driver. I always find exiting the airport a little overwhelming, but whichever way you turn there is a road that will take you to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Wonderful TR Mary Ellen, thanks so much for sharing with us
Thanks Pam! Thanks for joining in and sticking with me!

Quote:
That poor Denny, he gets turned around a lot at Disney... Maybe you should start driving.
True, but you have no idea how much I hate driving. Seriously. So as "directionless" as Denny is, its preferable to me being the wheel. Too many hours in commuter traffic has really taken its toll on me over the ears. However, I will have to step up to the plate and drive this summer. That's cool. I drive faster than Denny so that means an earlier arrival!

Quote:
That sad picture of you leaving made me sad for you too! I hate leaving day.

Don't be sad. Your trip is a mere 4 days away! I hope you have an awesomely fun time!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #1902
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:

Don't be sad. Your trip is a mere 4 days away! I hope you have an awesomely fun time!!!!!!!
Thank you! I'm so ready to be warm again. I'm excited to see the new Fantasyland but worried how many people are thinking the same thing.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 12-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #1903
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Nice way to end your trip with Wishes!
Too bad you lost your book - I just borrowed it from a friend to read. It's been on my list for a while!

Sad this trip is done, but I'm super excited for your October TR!!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #1904
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
For a moment there I thought you were going to suggest that we go skinny dipping. But I can see that your thoughts were much purer.
Nope...no pure thoughts here just making sure I get pass the DISboard censors!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #1905
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of Wishes are all amazing! Boohoo for leaving, but I guess that means we all have another TR to look forward to, right?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: