Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #1876
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
AKL was always the last place I wanted to stay. I stayed there this past Sept & fell in love with the resort. The animals, the landscaping it all was wonderful!
I'm so glad to hear that you loved it that much. It really is a great resort and I felt the exact same way the first time I saw it. Now I can't wait to get back!

Quote:
There were two things I did not like, how dark it was iside & how cold the hallways & lobby was. I needed a coat in there!

I think you get used to the "dark" and the kidani rooms are so bright and spacious that you pretty much forget about the dark. The cold on the other hand - I do remember how cold the Kidani halls were after hitting the pool. BRRRRRRRRRRR!

Quote:
Sanaa looked interesting, but I don't think I would like it. I'm a pretty picky eater, no spices, especially curry!
If you don't like curry at all, then you probably wouldn't like it. I mean, there are things you could eat there, but why have to stress about it. That bread service though - OMG - best bread ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
OMG Those cottage suites are amazing. Are they open to move in permanently?? Haha those are amazing. I wonder how much those cost per night...
Aren't those cottages A-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at the prices for next October - $750 a night. Yeah - not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Whoa, are we getting holidays confused here? Or are the Mayans right and we won't get any more turkey feasts?
Leave it to you!

Quote:
Whew! There aren't many worse feelings than that.
A feeling made infinitely worse when Denny's response was to "retrace my steps". WHAATTTT? I just had to walk away.

Quote:
Still have not seen this one. Someday...
You guys would love it. The kids would love it. It's such a great show. Put it to the top of your list - right now!

Quote:
Oh, I believe you. I just don't think Disney has real lions.

You know - and I may have said this already - but Disney would make a lot of people happier (myself included) if they would just put a darn animatronic lion on that rock in full view. Then everyone would think they got the greatest picture ever! Just sayin!

Quote:
Unless they never wander over to your side of the resort.
Yeah - that would be totally not cool. I think its really great that none of those animals ever escape. Imagine that.

Quote:
Beautiful shots. What an amazing resort.
Thank you and I agree that the resort is simply amazing. There are so many things that I absolutely love about AKL!

Quote:
Julie got this one and it's her favorite!
That mug is quickly becoming the choice mug of DISers everywhere. I love mine, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Lovely pictures of AKL! I really need to get there one day for at least a visit.
If you have never visited there than I highly recommend it. The theme is just so great and the music puts you into the best mood. And all the artwork - so very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Dinner sounds fantastic!
It really was. It's a great dining experience all the way around.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #1877
alabamagirl
I wish I may, I wish I might, on the first DOLE WHIP I see tonight

Just read your TR straight through! Very entertaining. love the SSR pictures especially. You are a girl after my own heart...stopping for drinks when times get tough. Ha. Can't wait to see how your trip ends!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #1879
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
LOL! I'd protect you from the chairs. I promise.
I know you would! I kept wondering what you would think if you saw those chairs late at night when they had been MIA during the day. It was too weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ahhhh! I think I remember hearing about that (or seeing a pic?)! So they were on a children's carrousel. Poor kids.
Seriously. That is freaky. Really freaky. Those chairs are really over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Beautiful AKV pictures MEK!!!! It makes me a bit homesick and sad that we might not be getting our February trip there!
I really hope you don't have to cancel your Feb trip. AKL is such a wonderful resort. I love it. It's beautiful! Fingers crossed that you trip goes on as planned or that you can reschedule it at a good time.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #1880
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
And some of us wrote short essays for you to reply to... Hope your day wasn't too difficult.
You do win the award for the longest DIS post to any of my TRs. But I am impressed at how thoroughly you read my TR. Kudos to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Slowly catching back up to the Dis!!! I'm so glad you had a great meal at Sanaa - we LOVE it there!!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes forever to catch up when they get back from a trip. I feel like it takes me FOR -EV-ER!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamagirl View Post
Just read your TR straight through! Very entertaining. love the SSR pictures especially.
alabamagirl! Thanks for joining in! I am totally impressed that you read my whole TR. I'm not even sure if I could read my whole TR.

Isn't SSR so pretty. Love that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamagirl View Post
You are a girl after my own heart...stopping for drinks when times get tough. Ha. Can't wait to see how your trip ends!

Is there any other option? When times get tough, the tough going drinking (especially if its in the world showcase and margaritas are involved)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Finally caught up with your Last Supper chapter.
Slacker. (looks whose talking here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I could look at pictures of my home resort all day long -- Thanks, they're beautiful!

Well, your home resort is super cool so it was easy peasey. But, you're welcome!

Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #1881
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That's so funny that your brother is talking about how he can't wait to be back in Disney. What a change!!

I am also an absolute sucker for Finding Nemo the musical. I seriously almost cry every time. I just can't take it during "Where's My Dad". *sob*

Fire pits are okay in any temperature.

That giraffe is totally looking at you taking that picture like "what...yeah...I'm tall....and?"

Hahaha. The bar is always one of my favorite places too.

Dinner looks tasty and scrumptious.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #1882
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That's so funny that your brother is talking about how he can't wait to be back in Disney. What a change!!
First of all - welcome back. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I know - talk about a 180 - right? But he is pretty psyched about going back. He needs a happy place and I think he finally found it.

Quote:
I am also an absolute sucker for Finding Nemo the musical. I seriously almost cry every time. I just can't take it during "Where's My Dad". *sob*
OMG - I love that song. I can hear it in my head. That little kid's voice - sniff sniff. That always chokes me up.

Quote:
Fire pits are okay in any temperature.
True - if they are at Disney.

Quote:
That giraffe is totally looking at you taking that picture like "what...yeah...I'm tall....and?"
I know. Weird, right?

Quote:
Hahaha. The bar is always one of my favorite places too.
Nothing like a cozy bar that makes great drinks!

Quote:
Dinner looks tasty and scrumptious.
Dinner really was wonderful. We both really enjoyed it.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #1883
MEK
DIS Veteran

So I had good intentions to do an update tonight, but it didn't happen. I ordered a new amp for my acoustic electric guitar. I couldn't help it. It was one of those Black Friday deals on amazon. So, of course, I had to try it out tonight and I wasted a ton of time playing my guitar.

So - tomorrow - I promise. I gotta rap this TR up!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #1884
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Where are the sparks?!? I need sparks!

Sorry I haven't been reading as you update, but I am reading!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #1885
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591
Where are the sparks?!? I need sparks!

Sorry I haven't been reading as you update, but I am reading!!
Lol! Sparks are coming tonight. Pictures are all ready to go!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #1886
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Hi there

Your report title caught my eye and I have read right through your trip report. It is great reading and I love how you just get on with it when things get "testy". Nothing like a liquid refreshment to put things back in perspective.

Your pictures are fantastic and I am really enjoying getting my Disney fix thru your report. Its wonderful how you guys take the time to write up your trips and it gives those of us who live far away such joy. Thank you

Looking forward to the rest and keeping up with your future reports too.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
Old 11-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #1887
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Hi there

Your report title caught my eye and I have read right through your trip report. It is great reading and I love how you just get on with it when things get "testy". Nothing like a liquid refreshment to put things back in perspective.
Disneykiwi!!!!!!! Thanks so much for reading my entire TR. I am honored.

First - I have to tell you that I actually visited New Zealand 20 years ago. Yup - almost 20 years to the date. It was the most fabulous country ever. I was enchanted. We stayed on the north island because our friends (K&T - from Daytona Beach) where actually in NZ during their sail around the world. They stayed in your lovely country for 6 months. We met up with them in Aukland. I loved it there and if I ever get a chance to go back to NZ I will. The country was so clean, the scenery was outstanding, and everyone was so so so friendly.

Quote:
Your pictures are fantastic and I am really enjoying getting my Disney fix thru your report. Its wonderful how you guys take the time to write up your trips and it gives those of us who live far away such joy. Thank you
I am so glad you enjoyed my TR. I quickly found that the TR forum was my favorite forum on the boards. I love reading about other people's trips to Disney - so fun!

Quote:
Looking forward to the rest and keeping up with your future reports too.
Thanks. I am going to be wrapping this up soon, but after that I will start my October F&W TR.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #1888
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sparks Fly and Good Bye!

In my last update we had just finished dinner at Sanaa. It was our last day in the world and our last few hours before we needed to hit the hay and head on home.

So what were we to do?

Well, the only park that was opened was MK. It was a possibility, but the more I thought about it, the more I decided it would be fun to watch Wishes from the Poly Beach. Why the heck not? We had transportation.

So off we went to the Poly. We still had some time before Wishes started, so we wondered over to the pool area. I told Denny I wanted to find a quiet pool and check it out.

How many quiet pools does the Poly have? Is it one or two?

Here's the one we went to

Seriously, how pretty this is pool and doesn't it make you just want to jump in?

I can totally see swimming by the light of a tiki torch

From the pool we followed a little path that took us to that little look out area along the water. I know it has a name. I just can't remember what its called. I know I have seen wedding ceremonies held there. Ugh - help me out here.

Anyway - it looked like the Contemporary was right around the corner.

And I could see the castle off in the distance

I didn't really care for the view from this area so we moved back to the beach.

To the left - Narcoossee's

The GF

We got situated just in time for the sparks to fly.

POW!

Continued in Next Post......

Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #1889
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post

Hearts

Wow - I can see the castle again

Applause Applause. Wishes was wonderful. Clearly its not as good as a holiday version like NY Eve or 4th of July, but it was good all the same.

One Wishes was over we decided to head back to the villa and start our packing.

Yeah - I know - Boo! But all things come to an end and this trip was one of them.

It didn't take too long until we ended up here

It was time to go pack. Blech

Continued in Next post.......

Old 11-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #1890
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post......

This was on one of the doors near our villa

We mostly packed before we went to bed. And before you know it, it was time to get up and moving towards the door.

I did go for one final run and then hurried back to do my final packing. that's when I realized that my "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was MIA. I remembered I had left it at the quiet pool while I was doing the cottage photoshot. I went back to the pool, but naturally my book was no where to be found.

I stopped at the front desk to check the lost & found, but the l&f man had not arrived yet. And we needed to go. Our flight was at 10:30 am. I'm not a big fan of early return flights, but Air Tran was the one who bumped the time up. And, quite honestly, I only had so many choices when flying into Lehigh Valley.

I did take some pictures of the room before we vacated.

Does anyone use these? It looks like it would break with the weight of my big suitcase.

I think the kitchenette is so cute

The safe was a little beat up

I asked Denny to take a picture of how I was feeling on our departure day

Somehow I managed to have enough time to take some outside pics

This was literally right outside our door.

Spoiler alert - Cynthia and I stayed on the top floor of the center area in October. It was awesome.

Bye Luna Park! I'll be back!

Continued In Next Post.......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: