Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #1861
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

Sorry I am not getting to all my replies tonight, but I promise I will tomorrow. I am just whooped and I 'm going to read for a bit and then go to sleep early tonight!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #1862
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran
 
tinacaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,784

OK, I can proudly say that I just sat here and read the remainder of your trip report, a little more than half of it I think! I took notes in notepad app as I went, so this is kind of stream of consciousness and I apologize in advance if I don't make much sense.


What cool pics of Star Tours! We spent a lot of time there in July.

The Congress Park pool does look lovely. When we stayed at SSR, we never made it to any of the other pools, aside from the main one, which was just fine with us.

You went to CSR for dinner! Yippee! I'll be there in a little over a month and I can't wait to be back. It really is so pretty there. We've stayed there twice, in 2010 and 2011. In fact, CSR was my first stay on property. It is a beautiful resort.

Beautiful pics of the U of Maryland..but 37k out of state?? Yikes! When did even public colleges get so out of control expensive??!!

SSR is a beautiful resort. I was really pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I love your morning run pictures.

Fun fact: I don't think I've ever been in Innoventions East! Perhaps that will change soon.

I just got the accidental Dismeet part and I have to say that unless you're part of an on-line community like the Dis, you have absolutely no clue. I know that my family sure didn't when I ran right into you and Cynthia. They just could not understand why I was so excited to see two complete strangers or how I could consider people I'd never met in person friends.

I think one of the best things about Spaceship Earth is the amount of detail and how no matter how many times I've ridden it, I seem to see something new each time. And that 60s apartment where the family is watching the moon landing? I want to live there! Think they'd let me?

Yay for the cruise! I can't wait to take one. Seriously. I'm a little dissapointed that they haven't done the NY ones again. I have never taken a cruise before and I thought that the short Disney cruises they were offering out of NYC would have been perfect.

The Soarin' queue is pretty cool. I spent a considerable amount of time there last April, as Lauren and I had decided Soarin' was the greatest ride ever and didn't care if we waited forty-five minutes to ride it.


How can you NOT love Soarin'?? Even my mom and godmother loved it. My mom mentions it a lot.

Love that tuna noodle salad and its a great deal for CS. I love Sunshine Seasons. Who wants to eat crappy fast food meal after meal?


I have to say, for as much as I love EPCOT, it can be really tough in the Florida summer sun. There just seems to be absolutely no shade there. It feels worse than any other park. Not sure why.

Agree that Nemo is pretty lame. We didn't even ride it once in July. Even Max is over it! Lol.

I'll always take some Illuminations pics. Phone pics are better than no pics, right?


Nice Mid-Atlantic states Dismeet. As far as chains go, Cheesecake Factory isn't the worst. And the cheesecake...well...they have a red velvet cheesecake that is honestly one of the greatest desserts I've ever had. Ever.

Oh, how I love the Beach Club, and I must say you got great pictures of it. By the way, did your brother not have park hoppers? And, you're right, I guess my whole perception of going in and out of a park is a little skewed now that I've had an AP.

I swear, every time I saw a woman in way too tight jeans in 90 degree heat...just shaking my head. Do not get it. You certainly don't look any better than you would in a decent fitting pair of shorts. Just saying.

We hit up the CS at Morrocco pretty late one night in July. It was great! Or, at least I really liked it. Not sure how much Mark did. Oh well.


I have never seen the movie in France. Or at least not since I was a kid. I keep meaning to, but there never seems to be enough time.
Maybe Max and I will rectify that in January? He loves Paris and the Eiffel Tower. Kid has a serious interest in architecture and engineering.

Thanks for the QS DP analysis. You put it quite well...I didn't regret any of my choices. True enough. After our July trip, during which we ate at Cali Grill and Yachtsmen, even with TiW, I wondered if we wouldn't have been better off with the DxDDP. I'll have to do a serious analysis of the situation the next time we go, because we probably won't have APs, so no TiW card regardless. And I have to say that going to the signatures has quickly become one of our favorite things to do at Disney, but its certainly pricey!


Well...going back with your bro? You are a saint! And I will definitely be looking forward to your opinions on staying off-site, and on driving down, for that matter. That's something I'd actually enjoy doing one of these days. I'd love to see some more of Florida, too. And really, Delaware isn't all that far down 95 from CT, so I'm looking forward to hearing about how that goes.

Great pics of AoA. They really did do an amazing job, but in the end, I just thought it was so superficial. The bed linens were horrible, the pools are cool-looking, but are just huge pools in the end, no slides, no hot tubs. I have been spoiled, obviously. Although I will say that walking down that walkway in the Cars section really does feel like the movie has come to life.


How cool that your friends sailed, literally, around the world! And the pictures all make me want to move to Florida. AsAP. Lol.
It really would be fantastic to finish off a Disney trip with some beach time. I'm going to add that to my list of fantasy trips.


Beautiful sunset WS pictures. And if I also had a limitless income, I might join you in your drunken WS quest.
Lucky you had a car so you could easily go somewhere else to eat. The one thing that really is lousy about the BW area resorts is the nearly complete lack of CS options and if you want dinner later on at night...yeah, forget that.

That is a fantastic pic of Mary Poppins and the littel girls.


Just loving your EPCOT/Boardwalk at night pictures. They are so beautiful and really capture the beauty of that entire area.

You got great EE shots. I'm too scared to try and take picutres.

Beautiful AKL pictures. I love that place and despite all of my efforts to stay there, I seem to keep getting sidetracked! Lol. One of these days we'll do it, I'm sure. I'm at least going to check out the tree there in Decemeber.

Your BWI pictures are making me want to stay there, but I think it would just about kill me to be that close Storm Along Bay and not be able to go there. Lol.

OK, I just re-read that and it does cover pretty much everything! As for me, I had always wanted to sneak in one more trip with our APs and I stumbled on an awesome deal for flights the first week of January. Max and I are flying down the morning of the 31st and will be heading back on the 3rd. Mark, unfortunately, has school that week, while I don't, so its just a mother/son trip which will be really special.
__________________
CSR - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
BC - 2011, 2012, 2014
POLY - 2012
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #1863
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

AKL was always the last place I wanted to stay. I stayed there this past Sept & fell in love with the resort. The animals, the landscaping it all was wonderful!

There were two things I did not like, how dark it was iside & how cold the hallways & lobby was. I needed a coat in there!

Sanaa looked interesting, but I don't think I would like it. I'm a pretty picky eater, no spices, especially curry!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #1864
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,306

OMG Those cottage suites are amazing. Are they open to move in permanently?? Haha those are amazing. I wonder how much those cost per night...
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #1865
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The Last Supper

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Whoa, are we getting holidays confused here? Or are the Mayans right and we won't get any more turkey feasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
When I went to find the first two cards I could not find them anywhere and I realized that I had inadvertently deleted a card. Talk about an almost meltdown. Fortunately I found the first two cards and not a single picture was deleted. Yeah!
Whew! There aren't many worse feelings than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'll admit it. I am a sucker for this show. I just love it and could see it on every trip. It was as good as ever.
Still have not seen this one. Someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love these guys and its a marvel they don't tip over. (kidding - I know those antlers are hollow. And, no, Mark - they are NOT animatronic!)
Oh, I believe you. I just don't think Disney has real lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I swear the giraffe interaction is better here than on the safari
Unless they never wander over to your side of the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
After dinner I felt compelled to take more Kidani pictures
Beautiful shots. What an amazing resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
My mug
Julie got this one and it's her favorite!
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #1866
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,394

Lovely pictures of AKL! I really need to get there one day for at least a visit.

Dinner sounds fantastic!
amandaw is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #1867
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

So I bombed on my promise to get replies done today. But I'm going to try to do a couple before bed time. Be patient. Rough day! But on the bright side I did edit almost all my soccer pictures!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #1868
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
mmmm cherry pie. it was so yummy. I never bake cherry pies because I just love them, and its too tempting. But my father in law put in a request, so how could I say not? I gave him a quarter to take home, but still managed to finish the last piece tonight.
I bet that pie was awesome! I know what you mean about being too tempting. I can eat pumpkin pie until I bust.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Thanksgiving at your brother's sounds great, I am imagining a lot of the dinner conversation revolved around the next Disney trip -- always a favorite topic at our table!
It was actually the topic of our after dinner conversation since we were split up among two different tables. They were pretty excited to talk about Disney, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
to almost losing your October photos! Time to get an external Hard drive to store all your photos on. but the MacBook sounds great. We just got a new one for my FIL this past fall, his 2002 iBook finally kicked in a huge way. he loves his new MacBook -- he underuses it but the Mac's are so much easier to learn to use for people who have not used computers before. Enjoy!!
I do have an external hard drive and I back up as soon as I edit. The problem was I hid my memory cards and couldn't find them and then the one I uploaded I must have deleted by accident. DOH! Any way, I almost panicked and told Denny not to say a word since I needed a "moment".

I am very excited to get my new mac. I have an older one that I bought used. It was a repo at the time. I love it, but its 17 inches and the way the hinge was made led to a flaw where the screen cracked. I can't close, so I use it like a desk top. That gets old. Can't wait to have something much more portable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Love the Nemo show too, though we haven't seen it inthe past two visits. Time to see it again.
Definitely time! So cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Does Celebration really count as outside the Disney bubble?
Why yes....Yes it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
How were the african wines? I don't think I have tried any before, and am curious if they are very dry.
They were good and that's ALL I remember. I think they had about 5 different flights you could choose from. Nothing was terribly memorable, but after all the drinking I had done that week, I'm not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Thanks for the elephant update! I did a Google Search and Lucy survived Sandy http://todaynews.today.com/_news/201...ved-sandy?lite
How COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
add me to the love Finding Nemo the musical fan club! I am so sad I didn't have time to see it on the last trip. And in February we won't be going to AK...so it will have to wait until next fall.
I didn't see it in October either, but I will definitely take my nephews to see it this summer. I really think they will love it. It's such a unique and great show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Kidani and Sanaa were a highlight for us last December (oh my... that was almost a year ago!!!) The food was super yummy and the bread sampler A - Mazing!!! Great.. now I have to rethink my ADRs for February...
I agree - the bread sample is A-Mazing. I could probably just eat that myself and be totally happy. Yeah - it's that good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
What a lovely evening. You made me quite sad I won't be at my beloved AKV this next trip. I've been really excited to see OKW and now you've gone and made me home sick. Boy I'm wishy washy
Sorry for making you homesick, but it is good to try new places and I really do think you will like OKW. Like I said, its so pretty at Christmas and you only have 9 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm so glad you didn't delete your photos!
I think I deleted a card I already uploaded, which I never do until they are edited and back upped. Not really sure how that happened, but then I couldn't find my other memory cards. Such a relief to find them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
How cute is that that your brother is excited to go back I hope you reminded hime that he gave you such a hard time for so long.
I guess I could have. But I didn't. Why mess with success?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
When I saw that chair at the beginning of this post I thought, oh no, not again!
Sorry. I couldn't help myself. No more scary chairs. Promise!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #1869
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great AKL pictures! I really need to stay there someday! I love taking pictures of that resort too, it's just so beautiful!
I hope you did get a chance to stay there and I hope you had a wonderful time on your most recent trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Sanaa looks interesting, a lot of people love it, but I don't think I could ever go there! I'm such a picky eater, I just don't think I'd find anything I would like there! I mean, if Brandon ever really wanted to go, I suppose I'd have to give it a try, but luckily for me, he's not really interested either (or maybe he just doesn't know it exists! ) I wish I liked exotic food, but I just don't!
Well, I guess if you never tell Brandon, he will never know. Just don't show him my pictures. If you ever have to go - just get the bread service. It's sooooooooooooooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I started my new TR, stop by when you have a minute!
I guess I should have read a little further before I commented about. DOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Had so much fun catching up on your adventures this morning! I can't tell you how excited I am that your brother has been bitten by the Disney bug. What a great gift you gave him & his family!!
Morning coffee and the DIS is always the best, isn't it?

That is such a great way to put it - catching the Disney bug really is a gift. It's just a wonderful experience and I hope they all love the next trip and make it a regular habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I have never tried Sanaa... that may be going on the "to do" list for the next trip!
It's SO good and it's a all around great experience. I love it there. I enjoyed it more this trip then the last time I visited, but that might have had something to do with the wine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I have heard the cottages mentioned but never thought to go look for them. Definitely a hidden treasure. I agree, I would like to be a permanent resident there. Adorable!!!
Those cottages are so amazing. How great would it be to get a chance to stay there. Just perfection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Those chairs are Creepy! When I stayed there in May my room was just around the corner from the lobby and I had visions of them creeping about! This is posted above one of the chairs (terrible picture but hopefully you can still read most of it):

That's cool. I didn't not see that plaque anywhere, but I know those chairs WERE creeping around because they were missing one afternoon and then they came back! That was creepy because by then Cynthia had left and I was all alone. What a big fat chicken I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Still creepy if you ask me......
No argument here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Keeping' up!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Keeping' up!!!
Yeah - you better be!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 11-28-2012 at 08:00 AM.
MEK is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #1870
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK
That's cool. I didn't not see that plaque anywhere, but I know those chairs WERE creeping around because they were missing one afternoon and then they came back! That was creepy because by then Cynthia had left and I was all alone. What a big fat chicken I am!
!
LOL! I'd protect you from the chairs. I promise.
__________________
eandesmom is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #1871
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post



Still creepy if you ask me......
Ahhhh! I think I remember hearing about that (or seeing a pic?)! So they were on a children's carrousel. Poor kids.

Beautiful AKV pictures MEK!!!! It makes me a bit homesick and sad that we might not be getting our February trip there!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #1872
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran
 
tinacaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,784

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So I bombed on my promise to get replies done today. But I'm going to try to do a couple before bed time. Be patient. Rough day! But on the bright side I did edit almost all my soccer pictures!
And some of us wrote short essays for you to reply to... Hope your day wasn't too difficult.
__________________
CSR - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
BC - 2011, 2012, 2014
POLY - 2012
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #1873
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Slowly catching back up to the Dis!!! I'm so glad you had a great meal at Sanaa - we LOVE it there!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #1874
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Those photos of Sanaa are mouthwatering! It's my favorite restuarant on property, so I'm always happy to hear that other people enjoy it as well.
I can see why its your favorite. Its got a great theme, wonderful servers, and delicious food. Plus, you get to visit Kidani and see the animals. What's not to love about Sanaa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
You had some great luck with the animals! I love AKL and can't wait to stay there again, maybe when the kids are older and we don't need to deal with strollers on the busses!
I think I have better luck with the animals at Kidani then I do on the safari. They just need to add a lion or lioness. But they can't do then, can they? Well, if Mark's theory about animatronic lions holds true, I guess they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Now that I am over my intial panic that you deleted your memory card... I can continue. Phew!
Imagine my panic and my irritation at Denny telling me to "retrace my steps". Seriously, retrace my steps in finding my memory cards including one that was possibly deleted. He was making things worse. A lot worse!

But all is well and soon I will be editing all those pictures and starting a new TR!


Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
WOW!!! What a gorgeous picture! Love it.

(And the others are pretty darn great, too)
Thank you! I wish I could see which picture it is. I forget and I am at the pictureless computer right now. Ughh! But thanks for the compliment on all the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Dinner and a Show, not necessarily in that order.

I have only seen the Finding Nemo show once, but it was visually stunning!
It really is visually stunning. I think that is enhanced by the fact that the puppets are so unique. It such a blend between the actors and the amazing puppets. There is so much to take in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Haven't tried Saana, but I keep reading positive reviews. Loved all your pictures and descriptions of your meal.
I don't think you even have to be a super adventurous eater to try it. There are dishes without seasoning and the bread service really is like no other. Glad I did a good job with the pics on this meal. I guess because it was our last meal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I agree
Thanks. Its one of those cabi pieces and I am a little self conscious in it because I think I should have ordered the next size up.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #1875
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
OK, I can proudly say that I just sat here and read the remainder of your trip report, a little more than half of it I think! I took notes in notepad app as I went, so this is kind of stream of consciousness and I apologize in advance if I don't make much sense.
Well, I can honestly say that this is the biggest reply I have ever gotten on my TR. You pretty much rock for going into so much detail. I am impressed. And everything makes perfect sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
What cool pics of Star Tours! We spent a lot of time there in July.
I love Star Tours! Great ride. I could seriously ride it over and over again. And one of these trips I hope to be the rebel spy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
The Congress Park pool does look lovely. When we stayed at SSR, we never made it to any of the other pools, aside from the main one, which was just fine with us.

The main pool is really beautiful. I think it was a little crowded during summer, so that's why we opted for the smaller pools. Plus we had a car so we could drive to whichever we wanted. Congress Park is hands down my favorite quiet pool of every resort I've visited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
You went to CSR for dinner! Yippee! I'll be there in a little over a month and I can't wait to be back. It really is so pretty there. We've stayed there twice, in 2010 and 2011. In fact, CSR was my first stay on property. It is a beautiful resort.
Nice - CSR is so pretty and I am sure its even more beautiful in the cooler weather.

Definitely check out Pepper Market. So yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Beautiful pics of the U of Maryland..but 37k out of state?? Yikes! When did even public colleges get so out of control expensive??!!
And 37K isn't even that bad. Most out of state tuitions are worse - like Penn State. He does like Maryland and there engineering is tops, so we'll see what happens with that. College prices are insane and we are not the right demographic or income level to get much in the way of assistance. Plus Nick is a solid student, but he's not a genius so he's not likely to get much merit aide from a school like Maryland. He's a "tweener" as our financial guy calls him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
SSR is a beautiful resort. I was really pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I love your morning run pictures.
No one can debate the fact that it isn't a gorgeous resort. It has such a great, relaxing vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Fun fact: I don't think I've ever been in Innoventions East! Perhaps that will change soon.
Really? Yes - I think that should change next trip, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I just got the accidental Dismeet part and I have to say that unless you're part of an on-line community like the Dis, you have absolutely no clue. I know that my family sure didn't when I ran right into you and Cynthia. They just could not understand why I was so excited to see two complete strangers or how I could consider people I'd never met in person friends.
Yeah - other people totally don't get it. Denny gets it a little bit. He was hesistant about the midatlantic meet, but he actually ended up enjoying himself.

That was so funny that we ran into you. I am so glad you recognized us because I didn't recongized you until you said something. What are the chances of that happening? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I think one of the best things about Spaceship Earth is the amount of detail and how no matter how many times I've ridden it, I seem to see something new each time. And that 60s apartment where the family is watching the moon landing? I want to live there! Think they'd let me?
I love spaceship earth and that scene is one of my favorites. I am totally the right age to enjoy that. I never tire of Spaceship Earth. Definitely a happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Yay for the cruise! I can't wait to take one. Seriously. I'm a little dissapointed that they haven't done the NY ones again. I have never taken a cruise before and I thought that the short Disney cruises they were offering out of NYC would have been perfect.
I am really looking forward to the cruise. It's going to be such a great experience and I earned another $100 in rebates to pay it down a bit. Yeah!

I didn't know they stopped the NYC cruises. Really? Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
The Soarin' queue is pretty cool. I spent a considerable amount of time there last April, as Lauren and I had decided Soarin' was the greatest ride ever and didn't care if we waited forty-five minutes to ride it.
You are a trooper for waiting 45 minutes. I can honestly say I have never waited in the Soarin queue. Maybe someday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
How can you NOT love Soarin'?? Even my mom and godmother loved it. My mom mentions it a lot.
That's so great that your mom and godmother loved it. That's how my brother feels about it. It's the perfect ride for non thrill seekers. It's got all the right elements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Love that tuna noodle salad and its a great deal for CS. I love Sunshine Seasons. Who wants to eat crappy fast food meal after meal?
Definitely a good deal and it was very yummy. The tuna was perfect. Loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I have to say, for as much as I love EPCOT, it can be really tough in the Florida summer sun. There just seems to be absolutely no shade there. It feels worse than any other park. Not sure why.
The World Showcase is brutal in the summer. It was so wonderful during F&W. The temps were perfect. Such a huge difference. I know my brother really wants to experience it, but it will be tough in the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Agree that Nemo is pretty lame. We didn't even ride it once in July. Even Max is over it! Lol.
too funny that even Max fines Nemo lame. And can you believe I waited in that line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I'll always take some Illuminations pics. Phone pics are better than no pics, right?
You got that right. Couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Nice Mid-Atlantic states Dismeet. As far as chains go, Cheesecake Factory isn't the worst. And the cheesecake...well...they have a red velvet cheesecake that is honestly one of the greatest desserts I've ever had. Ever.
I do think the menu is really overly larger, but the food was good. I will definitely try that red velvet the next time I go. It really looked amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Oh, how I love the Beach Club, and I must say you got great pictures of it. By the way, did your brother not have park hoppers? And, you're right, I guess my whole perception of going in and out of a park is a little skewed now that I've had an AP.
No, they didn't have park hoppers. Between the 6 of them they saved about $300. I think for a first trip its fine to go non park hopper. I'm not sure what they will do in June. It really is a huge cost difference for a family of 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I swear, every time I saw a woman in way too tight jeans in 90 degree heat...just shaking my head. Do not get it. You certainly don't look any better than you would in a decent fitting pair of shorts. Just saying.
I couldn't agree more. I think wearing tight jeans in 90 degree weather is pur insanity. Not ever going to happen. I don't care how much I hate my legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
We hit up the CS at Morrocco pretty late one night in July. It was great! Or, at least I really liked it. Not sure how much Mark did. Oh well.
Loved Morrocco - definitely the surprise CS highlight of the trip. I can't wait to eat there again. Might have to go back in June. So good. I hope they don't change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I have never seen the movie in France. Or at least not since I was a kid. I keep meaning to, but there never seems to be enough time.
Maybe Max and I will rectify that in January? He loves Paris and the Eiffel Tower. Kid has a serious interest in architecture and engineering.
The movie is just short enough to hold his attention and being able to sit in chairs really helps. It's a really nice movie. I definitely give it two thumbs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Thanks for the QS DP analysis. You put it quite well...I didn't regret any of my choices. True enough. After our July trip, during which we ate at Cali Grill and Yachtsmen, even with TiW, I wondered if we wouldn't have been better off with the DxDDP. I'll have to do a serious analysis of the situation the next time we go, because we probably won't have APs, so no TiW card regardless. And I have to say that going to the signatures has quickly become one of our favorite things to do at Disney, but its certainly pricey!
I do think the DxDP is worth it if you have two or more signatures planned. But you also commit yourself to a lot of eating. That's the downside. I have to say my TIW got a lot of use over the past year and I'm really glad I got it. I only used it for 4 meals in June, but we used it constantly in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Well...going back with your bro? You are a saint! And I will definitely be looking forward to your opinions on staying off-site, and on driving down, for that matter. That's something I'd actually enjoy doing one of these days. I'd love to see some more of Florida, too. And really, Delaware isn't all that far down 95 from CT, so I'm looking forward to hearing about how that goes.
I think this trip will go better simply because he is way more into it. The two older boys are going to drive down with us, so that should be a bit of an adventure. In a weird way I am looking forward to the drive and when I come back I may say "NEVER AGAIN". But at least I tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Great pics of AoA. They really did do an amazing job, but in the end, I just thought it was so superficial. The bed linens were horrible, the pools are cool-looking, but are just huge pools in the end, no slides, no hot tubs. I have been spoiled, obviously. Although I will say that walking down that walkway in the Cars section really does feel like the movie has come to life.
I don't think you can compare AoA to a deluxe resort because they are two distinct and different experiences. It's like apples and oranges. But if you enjoy it for what it is, then it serves a great purpose for people who want that experience. That Cars section definitely looked amazing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
How cool that your friends sailed, literally, around the world! And the pictures all make me want to move to Florida. AsAP. Lol.
It really would be fantastic to finish off a Disney trip with some beach time. I'm going to add that to my list of fantasy trips.
My friends are pretty amazing for having accomplished that feat. I really admire them.

And - beach time is a great way to cap off or begin a Disney trip. Daytona is pretty cool, if you've never been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Beautiful sunset WS pictures. And if I also had a limitless income, I might join you in your drunken WS quest.
Thank you!

Ah - yes - perpetually drunk in the world showcase. That should be the motto for F&W!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Lucky you had a car so you could easily go somewhere else to eat. The one thing that really is lousy about the BW area resorts is the nearly complete lack of CS options and if you want dinner later on at night...yeah, forget that.
So true. I do like good CS options because there are resorts that have them - like AKL has the Mara which I love. And I think that all the values have decent CS food. But the Boardwalk - nada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
That is a fantastic pic of Mary Poppins and the littel girls.
Thank you. I love that pic!


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Just loving your EPCOT/Boardwalk at night pictures. They are so beautiful and really capture the beauty of that entire area.
Thank you! And you know I took a bunch more in October. You can never have too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
You got great EE shots. I'm too scared to try and take picutres.
It's really not bad. Just put the strap over your head and hold on to the camera. Place it in your lap during the rough parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Beautiful AKL pictures. I love that place and despite all of my efforts to stay there, I seem to keep getting sidetracked! Lol. One of these days we'll do it, I'm sure. I'm at least going to check out the tree there in Decemeber.
The trees are beautiful. They really do a lovely job with the Christmas decorations. I hope you do get a chance to stay there. It's such a cool resort with a ton of great restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Your BWI pictures are making me want to stay there, but I think it would just about kill me to be that close Storm Along Bay and not be able to go there. Lol.
What? You mean the clown pool would not be a suitable replacement? You'll have to plan a trip for when the clown pool is under refurb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
OK, I just re-read that and it does cover pretty much everything! As for me, I had always wanted to sneak in one more trip with our APs and I stumbled on an awesome deal for flights the first week of January. Max and I are flying down the morning of the 31st and will be heading back on the 3rd. Mark, unfortunately, has school that week, while I don't, so its just a mother/son trip which will be really special.
Congrats on getting one more trip in with your APs. That's going to be a fun time to go. I actually would love to see Wishes on NYE from the Poly beach. It just looks so, so, so amazing. Enjoy!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: