Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #1816
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I think I'd seen somebody mention those cottages on the DIS once before, but I'd forgotten about them. Now I'm going to have to go see what point classification they fall under...Judy would love to stay there, I'm sure.
I wonder if you can book them on points. If so, I would certainly love to stay there, even if just for one night. What a treat that would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, that Eddie Cantor game looks almost as creepy as the chair! Which, by the way, I love your "one heck of a timeout chair" comment!
I think the game actually looks creepier than the chair. I forgot I took that picture, so I shuddered a bit when I saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
When I saw them they were not up against the wall. Maybe I caught them trying to escape.

Really? Where were they? Do you think they move them around just to freak people out? That would be mean.

Quote:
Maniacle laugh maniacal laugh

Quote:
Oh My--- I am waitilisted for BW in May and I may try to get it for F&W 2013.
I am definitely waitlisting there for F&W 2013. My waitlist came through for this year, so I think we both have a good shot of it. I will probably waitlist there and BCV because Denny has never stayed at the BC. I would be happy with either one. Happy? I would be thrilled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
The ducks were cute.
I love those ducks! So freakin cute!

Quote:
I enjoyed front row on EE when I did it but it felt like it went upside down to me when we went backwards.
You got some amazing pics there. .
I agree. I always feel like I am going upside down because of the weird way the G forces get me. It's especially bad from the back row.

Quote:
LOL, it is like a Barney Safari.
Good One!

Quote:
The kid on the tour is hysterical. I would love to do that someday. .
I think he didn't like me taking his pic. Oh well! The African Trek is really a neat experience. I did it in May 2010. In fact, I posted tons for pictures from it in my "How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?" TR. There should be direct links. Feeding the hippos was the best part IMHO.

Quote:
Drooling naps are the best. .

Quote:
We have 2 of those mailings. They are on the fridge. LOL .
I brought mine to work. It cheers me up when I look at my bulletin board!

Quote:
I agree that chair is creepy.
Very creepy, indeed!

Quote:
I would love to stay in the cottage. The video makes me jealous I am not rich. LOL
Tell me about it. That's why I like my idea that they should do a contest with a pirze being a week's stay in a cottage. I just thought of that today. Genius, I know! I bet write to Disney now.

Quote:
That pool looked so relaxing. I love when quiet pools are quiet. .
This is hands down the most relaxing quiet pool anywhere. It's like people don't even know its there. My first favorite quiet pool on property is the one at Congress Park at SSR. But this is my second fav!

Quote:
Boardwalk looks so gorgeous. We are thinking of next year going there. Hope it works and we can.
You will LOVE it! I got it no problem in June. For October I had to waitlist. I will waitlist again for next October. Love it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Sorry for the prolonged absence. Don't really know why... but it is what it is. So, I'm back on page forty-four of this thing and you're about to do the Great Movie Ride. I have to say I had almost forgotten how absolutely, capital A amazing your pictures are. Seriously. They are. Got to try the Turtle Krawl while at OKW in October; so delicious!
Welcome Back Stranger! I hope you have some time off for Thanksgiving so you can get caught up on the DIS! Plus, I miss your TR and I want to hear about your ladies trip!

Thank you for the compliment on the pictures!

Glad you got a Turtle Krawl. Aren't they super yummy. We tried to make our own, but it didn't work so well. They were - however - very strong!

Quote:
And as far as thrill rides go... its the weirdest thing. I cannot ride them outside of Disneyworld. No lie. I've tried at Six Flags and gotten ill and just felt like I was about to be thrown from my seat; not at Disney. Not ever. While I can't ride EE several times back to back without feeling a little head-achey, I never get sick.
I have certain rides I can and can't do at regular theme parks. I know what you mean about the headache. I get coaster headaches, too. It irritates me because I want to keep riding, but I don't think I should when I actually have a headache. So I wait until its gone and then get in line again.

Quote:
Love your ToT pictures. That's one thrill I've lived without thus far so I can only live vicariously through other people's pictures. Maybe I'll get Max on it in December?
If I can do ToT, then you can do it. I am the world's biggest chicken. I forgot your were going back in December. Yeah! Is your trip soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydfamily4 View Post
OMG, I just laughed really loud at work I have twins and that just cracked me up
Floydfamily4! Thanks for joining in! I guess with twins you could definitely related to that comment. It was so funny at the time. I really longed for some entertaining flight attendants on my last flight in October, but it didn't happen. Those guys were freakin HYSTERICAL! I still laugh when I think about it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #1817
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I am very late to this party, but I just came back to the board. Great report! We have thought about doing a family trip at the treehouse villas, so I'm glad I got to read about your experiences.

Disney9.9.10 Thanks so much for joining in! Glad you are enjoying my TR. I highly recommend the treehouse villas for a family trip. It's really a great resort and the villas are gorgeous. I am glad we picked that location. Worked out great except for a few bus snafus.

Happy Planning!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #1818
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Your beautiful photos of BWI brought back some great memories - thanks for sharing your wonderful photos! I agree with the other posters, creepy chairs by the faux fireplace! I wish I had explored the resort more since I missed a lot of the charm and details.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #1819
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

So I have procrastinated at work all morning Thank you for a great report! I have learned 2 things: I will NOT travel with my in-laws to WDW over the summer despite the offer They travel together (almost 20 of them) every year and we never go (long story). My SIL tried to sweeten the deal by saying they were going to Disney. I was actually thinking about it but I realized that I will be and if I have to go with them. Is that bad? The 2nd thing I learned from your report is I must stay in a villa Thanks for helping me avoid work today
Old 11-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #1820
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Your beautiful photos of BWI brought back some great memories - thanks for sharing your wonderful photos! I agree with the other posters, creepy chairs by the faux fireplace! I wish I had explored the resort more since I missed a lot of the charm and details.
Thank you for the compliment! I'm glad you liked the photos. I just love the Boardwalk, so it was fun taking the pictures. It does have a lot of charm.

Those chairs are nuts. And they actually disappeared for an afternoon when I stayed there in October. When I came back at night they were back. Very creepy!

Quote:
So I have procrastinated at work all morning Thank you for a great report!
You are welcome! Look at it this way - you shouldn't have had to work today anyway.

Quote:
I have learned 2 things: I will NOT travel with my in-laws to WDW over the summer despite the offer They travel together (almost 20 of them) every year and we never go (long story). My SIL tried to sweeten the deal by saying they were going to Disney. I was actually thinking about it but I realized that I will be and if I have to go with them. Is that bad?
I have a friend whose DH has a big family like that. She went on a vacation with them once or twice and never again. Too much drama. I do thank its occasionally nice to vacation with other family members, but a steady diet of that would be rough. Say - No - its not bad. Especially if you know you won't enjoy the hassle.

Ironically, my bro and SIL want to go back this summer and they are renting a 4BR condo. They asked us to go and we will, but at least now I know they actually want to be there. Plus, I am still inclined to do my own thing at times. So, it was very painful in the beginning, but it ended up with a happy ending.

Quote:
The 2nd thing I learned from your report is I must stay in a villa Thanks for helping me avoid work today
The DVC villas are amazing. The treehouse and all the villas. It really is a great way to vacation in Disney world. If you are thinking seriously about it you should try renting points from a member.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #1821
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MaryEllen, in case I don't get back here tomorrow, I wanted to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #1822
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
MaryEllen, in case I don't get back here tomorrow, I wanted to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you Kathy! I can always count on you very leaving the cutest little pictures! I love it! Have an awesome day tomorrow!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #1823
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

I present

I found them like that. Almost like they were starting to escape by walking away.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #1824
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I present

I found them like that. Almost like they were starting to escape by walking away.

What????? They are freakish girl chairs with boys' names. OK - there is something really freaky going on here. I am so looking for their names the next time I am there.

And, I do think the get moved around just to freak people out. Those darn cast members.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #1825
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh those cottages! Oh that pool! Oh....several of the tipping factors that caused...addonitis!

Seriously though, I do want to see just how much those cottage cost. I bet you could do points via the Disney Collection but it'd be ridiculous and better with an AP discount or a PIN code if that would even apply. Hmmn..

I totally agree, once you are at the luna park pool...that clown didn't creep me out at all and I loved that pool vibe.

The chairs now...are a totally different story. Man face, dress, clearly a female upper body and boy names?

Hmmn. Creepy AND confused.

I really hope to check out the BelleVue next NYE...possibly more than once!

Great update
Old 11-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #1826
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Firstly, Happy Thanksgiving!

Secondly, THEY'RE BOY CHAIRS I think the toes are what creeps me out the most. Whoever made them certainly had a sense of humor. I totally agree, those CMs have to move them around on purpose. too funny.

Ok, I have definitely been underestimating BWVs. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Not only have you convinced me I need to stay at HHI, I now need to try BWVs too. Oh, and you also opened my mind to OKW which I'm now really excited to stay at, in 13 days Too many places to go and not enough vacation time. Oh the trials of life.

I had no idea about those cottages either. I purposefully have not looked at the video because I first checked the prices and don't want to start dreaming about them.

Don't worry about the purple. I kept taking pictures and wondering why my brand new camera wasn't picking up any colors. I had accidentally changed it to the black/white setting... I kept looking up from the camera and then back through the viewfinder and saying, 'I see green, why doesn't the camera?'

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 11-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #1827
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Gotta love those chairs!!!

Thanks for the link to the cottage video! I knew about those, but had never "gone inside" for a peek. They are beautiful. LOVE.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #1828
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh those cottages! Oh that pool! Oh....several of the tipping factors that caused...addonitis!
I can't say I blame you. If I had stayed there before I was adding on I think I would have made the same decision. Great place and at least I know its not impossible to stay there. I am actually pleased that our waitlist came through for that very popular weekend. I will be waitlisting again for next F&W. The location was too perfect. I also think the room view we had really kicked it up a notch for me. I honestly think that was one of the best views I have had to date. I mean its hard to beat the castle view I had at BLT, but this was equally as enchanting.

Quote:
Seriously though, I do want to see just how much those cottage cost. I bet you could do points via the Disney Collection but it'd be ridiculous and better with an AP discount or a PIN code if that would even apply. Hmmn..
I went online the other night and picked a random October 2013 and they were $750 a night. Ouch!

Quote:
I totally agree, once you are at the luna park pool...that clown didn't creep me out at all and I loved that pool vibe.
I enjoy all three pools there and the fact that they are each so close makes it even better. As much as I love all the pools at SSR, you really need a car to pool hop. No, the clown didn't creep me out either. Kind of fun once you are in the middle of it all.

Quote:
The chairs now...are a totally different story. Man face, dress, clearly a female upper body and boy names?

Hmmn. Creepy AND confused.
Very creepy and confusing. I didn't even realize they were boy's faces. I thought they were just homely girls.

Quote:
I really hope to check out the BelleVue next NYE...possibly more than once!
I thought about stopping in for a drink after you left, but I decided F&W would be a better choice. Not that I couldn't have done both, but I wanted to hit F&W and then go back to MK. I'm glad I did. I had a fun final night at MK and got the best picture ever, which will remain a surprise until we do our TR.

Quote:
Great update
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Firstly, Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks! Same to you. Hope you had a great day!

Quote:
Secondly, THEY'RE BOY CHAIRS I think the toes are what creeps me out the most. Whoever made them certainly had a sense of humor. I totally agree, those CMs have to move them around on purpose. too funny.
Yeah - the whole boy/girl thing is odd and creepy. We can thank Pat for sharing that little tidbit. Who knew?

Oh - they totally move them around. But when they reappeared late at night on my last night, that totally creeped me out!

Quote:
Ok, I have definitely been underestimating BWVs. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Not only have you convinced me I need to stay at HHI, I now need to try BWVs too. Oh, and you also opened my mind to OKW which I'm now really excited to stay at, in 13 days Too many places to go and not enough vacation time. Oh the trials of life.
Tell me about it. I really hope you like OKW. I actually loved the vibe there around Christmas time. So beachy with just the right about of Christmas. Enjoy!

I am looking forward to going back to HHI in April. I didn't make a ticker for that, but its nice to know its only about 4 1/2 months away.

And BWV - you've got to try it there. It really is a wonderful place and since you travel at off season times you should have no trouble staying there.

Quote:
I had no idea about those cottages either. I purposefully have not looked at the video because I first checked the prices and don't want to start dreaming about them.
Try $750 a night! That's have my annual DVC dues. Not gonna happen!

Quote:
Don't worry about the purple. I kept taking pictures and wondering why my brand new camera wasn't picking up any colors. I had accidentally changed it to the black/white setting... I kept looking up from the camera and then back through the viewfinder and saying, 'I see green, why doesn't the camera?'
Too funny - I did the exact same thing when my camera was new. Then I thought it was fun to try taking pics like that on purpose until I realized I could just edit them that way. Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Gotta love those chairs!!!
They really are the creepy icon from the Boardwalk. I really need to google them again and see if I can get some history on them. I tried once and came up with nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Thanks for the link to the cottage video! I knew about those, but had never "gone inside" for a peek. They are beautiful. LOVE.
Your welcome and aren't they fab. You need to get some of your rich clients to book there. Dawnbu mentioned she almost booked there, so maybe there are TA discounts from time to time.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #1829
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

LOVE that quiet pool and cottages around it. I didn't know about them either - how cute! I am trying to convince Joe that we could just use the quiet pools for a stay at the Boardwalk (though I would have to sneak to the creepy clown pool at least once!). Aside from one or two bizarre things (like the clown chair EEWWW) the resort just looks so beautiful and comfortable. I had Joe looking over my shoulder at your photos and he said OH I Know that Elephant! its a miniature of a big elephant that used to be at Margate, NJ where he vacationed as a child. pretty cool. Wonder if its still up after Sandy

Thanks for permission to steal.....I just love having Disney Photos on my PC wallpaper at work...little glimpses of my happy place make the day go better!

Hope your Thanksgiving was nice!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #1830
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
LOVE that quiet pool and cottages around it. I didn't know about them either - how cute! I am trying to convince Joe that we could just use the quiet pools for a stay at the Boardwalk (though I would have to sneak to the creepy clown pool at least once!).
So, I take it that Joe is not a big fan of the clown pool? It really isn't creepy at all when you are on the pool deck and all the other pools are so close that you can pool hop without breaking a sweat!

Quote:
Aside from one or two bizarre things (like the clown chair EEWWW) the resort just looks so beautiful and comfortable. I had Joe looking over my shoulder at your photos and he said OH I Know that Elephant! its a miniature of a big elephant that used to be at Margate, NJ where he vacationed as a child. pretty cool. Wonder if its still up after Sandy
That's what some one else said. That's pretty cool. I did not know that about the elephant. Now if I could just find the origins of the creepy chair.

Quote:
Thanks for permission to steal.....I just love having Disney Photos on my PC wallpaper at work...little glimpses of my happy place make the day go better!
You are lucky that you can upload pictures like that into a screen saver. I wish I could. I would love to see my happy place every time I log on.

Quote:
Hope your Thanksgiving was nice!
It was and judging by the look of those pies you baked, yours was too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: