Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Cirque du Soleil Totem

Not really sure which board to post this on, but hopefully I'll get some responses here.

Has anyone seen the Cirque du Soleil show "Totem"? Is it worthwhile as a "date night" show for a married couple? We enjoyed La Nouba, and I saw the O show years ago and enjoyed that. I'm generally not a performance art fan, but so far what I've seen of Cirque du Soleil shows I've enjoyed.
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

I haven't heard of that one. We get the traveling production "Dralion" here. The Cirque shows I've seen, La Nouba, O, Love...all were terrific. If you've seen two of them and enjoyed them, I'd say there's a good chance you'll like this one, too.

Even if you don't, you won't know unless you try it.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

We are big Cirque fans having seen La Nouba, several of the Vegas shows and some of the touring ones. We saw Totem at the Royal Albert Hall in London a few months ago and thought it was amazing, it is my new favourite Cirque show (my previous favourite being La Nouba.) The show is very up beat and the stage area for a touring show is excellent (the stage is a large screen that changes images for each section of the show and also parts of it move up, down and curl upwards to create bridges and tunnels.) I would definatley recomment it to others, I would love to see it again. We are going to see Kooza next when it comes to London, I hope I will enjoy that as much as Totem.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Thanks for the responses!
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
Anonny
Mouseketeer

Totem is fabulous! Next week I will be seeing it for the fourth time.
The theme is loosely based on evolution and creation myths. The "clowns" are great, not at all clown-like. Great music, costumes, acrobatics. Lots of fun.

If you want to make it a very special date night, splurge and upgrade to Tapis Rouge (VIP Rouge) tickets.

Last edited by Anonny; 06-24-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Anonny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: